Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Nukki is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of Starting Lunia

Title says it all, or has the game been out a long time and it will be really hard for me to catch up?

Also how long until I can unlock the archer after playing?

One last question is the PvP balanced? and can the Archer hold its own in PvP?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

there is a rebirth system so ppl return to lvl 1 every 2 months and relvl.. not that hard to catch up

u can unlock archer after 2-5 days if ur really good at figuring out the system(requires hardcore playing)

pvp is balanced for the most part but archer is so hard to use it's not recommended

Last edited by Lunar; 12-03-2009 at 05:42 PM.

12-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Do you get to keep your items and such after the rebirth or is it starting completely over?

12-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

u keep items but end game items are either lvl 65 or lvl 70req so u gotta lvl back up there... 70 u enter a whole new stage system where u get new items with a lvl 70 req and rebirth 1 req

recommendations if ur starting is to rebirth ur first time at lvl 70

experienced players dont even take 7 hours to lvl to 70
but since ur starting i'd say maybe... 3 or 4 days to lvl to 70 unless u have bad luck and can't find a 6-10 party

and just as i said above a day i am talking about is like 8-10 hours a day so, if u play less, take u probably a week

last edit, there should be a chart somewhere
like lvl 70 rb = 2sp
lvl 80 = 3sp
these are permanent and can stack each time u rebirth

Last edited by Lunar; 12-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.

12-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

There is no possible way to get to Level 80 without the "new stage system" as Lunar mentioned, known as Myth. Myth requires 1 rebirth ($1 in ijji's cyber cash but you can only buy in $5-$100 amounts I believe. In game, it's maybe about 200 Gold in Lunia, BUT BUY FROM TRUSTED PLAYERS [see a list on Ijji forums]). When you get to Lv70, just go ahead and rebirth. Do not rebirth at Level 69 or below. If you do not want 2 extra skill points as a benefit from reincarnating at Lv70, at least rebirth at Lv40 or 60 (60 gives a tiny bit of more basic ability addition, your choice. 60 is really easy, so go ahead).

Archer known as Arien Carnesir requires...1,000 Gold and a Dark Shadow's Eye...I recommend buying her as a Cash Character alone because...well, there's this boss known as Baphomet. It's a really scary gargoyle like monster that is extremely hard and you have to beat him the 4th (or 5th) time to get him to drop the DS Eye. By the way, did I mention Baphomet drops Dark Shadow's Eye at a 0.3% chance rate?

Arien is a fine DPS character (Damage Per Second, meaning great damage dealer) but in PvP, she is bad unless you don't know her skill-chains. There is also Yuki the Ice Wizard, better than Arien (takes chunk of mana by your skill build, but her special ability recovers MP so doesn't matter) but if you really like Arien, go ahead.

If you happen to suddenly get a Dark Shadow's Eye from hard work, you can get the 1k Gold by selling some items or ask people for help. I recall a thread having many ways to make gold.

12-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

There are also surveys/offers/etc. you can do for G Coins. A majority of my character purchases have been from stocking up survey G Coins. However, it is, of course, way easier to just shell out 5-10$. A combination of surveys and charging is easy, too, though.

12-03-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

This may be a stupid question to ask, but is the game fun? I played Lineage 2 for like 3 years and WoW for a very long time. I am not new to MMOs I just want to find something that is different (and this looks cool)

12-03-2009   #8 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Depends on your play style. Lunia is the best game ever for me, and will stay like so. :3

12-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
Plot Twist!

AllThatRemains will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to AllThatRemains
IGN: AllThatRemains
Class: many lu_eir
Guild: KiTTiE, Titans

This game can take actual skill :]

*can* take

I suppose you could suck and still get like 345234 rebirths, but pro combo moves take some effort. and some stages and raids take some strategy

thats why I like this game. i will neveeerrrrr go back to runescape for instance

12-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatRemains
This game can take actual skill :]

*can* take

I suppose you could suck and still get like 345234 rebirths, but pro combo moves take some effort. and some stages and raids take some strategy

thats why I like this game. i will neveeerrrrr go back to runescape for instance
runescape was pro ok! *leaves comp on* comes back with a few lvls yay for hacks

anyways... the game is fun if ur still a beginning and learning stuff.. if u reach somewhere around my skill lvl, THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO
i solo the hardest stage in game excluding myth on yuki without rb skills...
so.... i go into pvp.. and what! kicked outta 5/6 games yay (one downside... pvp game count is pretty low if not during peak hours or weekends, and since i'm in college i play at irregular times)

12-03-2009   #11 (permalink)
Plot Twist!

personally I find it hard to get bored of lunia o_o

pvp.. History stages.. Legend Stages... Myth stages... Bonus stages.. Raids
all giving different and neat types of items

guild system, family system, pets, cash shop items with stats that you can be traded if you havent got RL cash.. etc

you can rebirth every two months and kinda start over too.

and after all that, if you do get bored, make a new character, there's 12 to choose from after all. :]

12-03-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I want to go Eir because I love healing in games, should I go mainly healing for fast levels til I rebirth? and I read that you can do pretty well in PvP as Eir is that true? and Any Tips? I am going to start learning the game tomorrow.

12-03-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

here is my very biased response, but i stand by it
EIR IS THE BEST
OH MAN, ALL YOU CHARACTERS MAY DEAL DAMAGE BUT NOBODY IS A GIVER LIKE EIR

anyway eir is pretty weak until a few rebirths, meaning more skill points to add to your attacks
i would start out with a lot of heals, but seeing how not many people play regular stages anymore you might be left to solo a lot... leaving you wanting high damage attacks =/
but remember, long combos in stage = damage multiplied

Last edited by rainbows; 12-03-2009 at 10:41 PM.

12-03-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukki
I want to go Eir because I love healing in games, should I go mainly healing for fast levels til I rebirth? and I read that you can do pretty well in PvP as Eir is that true? and Any Tips? I am going to start learning the game tomorrow.
healing is fine but u'd need a partner which isn't easy to come by in lunia
eir is fine in pvp but pvp builds and stage builds are quite different unless u have like 7+ rbs and able to max everything

since ur just starting out for arien i'd suggest dainn since he's aoe mage class
also makes it so u can lvl up to like 5x... go to some stages and actually meet ppl then u can get a guild and u can start eir

12-03-2009   #15 (permalink)
Plot Twist!

^lies complete liessss

if you're doing x-10 stages youll find plenty of people... except 1-10L and 2-10L, ALL x-10 stages get plenty of traffic

oh and eir rocksss

but yea, pvp build is way different on eir than a stage build. i'd suggest goin the stage route at first, at least until you rb, by then you should be somewhat accustomed to eir. then after you rb you can get rid of your heals if you want and go full on pvp build.

but from what you said, you like to heal. if so, maybe you should just stick with a stage/myth build for eir.

eir is definitely disadvantaged there... stagers hate pvp built eirs with low healing skills, and pvpers hate eirs that heal during pvp xD

Last edited by AllThatRemains; 12-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.

12-04-2009   #16 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatRemains
^lies complete liessss

if you're doing x-10 stages youll find plenty of people... except 1-10L and 2-10L, ALL x-10 stages get plenty of traffic

oh and eir rocksss

but yea, pvp build is way different on eir than a stage build. i'd suggest goin the stage route at first, at least until you rb, by then you should be somewhat accustomed to eir. then after you rb you can get rid of your heals if you want and go full on pvp build.

but from what you said, you like to heal. if so, maybe you should just stick with a stage/myth build for eir.

eir is definitely disadvantaged there... stagers hate pvp built eirs with low healing skills, and pvpers hate eirs that heal during pvp xD
Healing for Eir in PvP Balanced is very minimal...which has been nerfed for quite sometime now. Also x-10s are popular, x-5s you might be able to find parties. If you decide to do bonus/myth, good luck with that.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

12-04-2009   #17 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

-Take my advice, go from the easiest characters to playing the hardest, its hard to play from hardest to w.e w.e if your don't experience the game play first.

I started off with sieg the hardest character because I know I won't be using any characters other than him, why? Because hes the most hardest, advance and fun class to play with in the whole game that involves sidestep movements to dodge and get your way around.

12-04-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka2n
-Take my advice, go from the easiest characters to playing the hardest, its hard to play from hardest to w.e w.e if your don't experience the game play first.

I started off with sieg the hardest character because I know I won't be using any characters other than him, why? Because hes the most hardest, advance and fun class to play with in the whole game that involves sidestep movements to dodge and get your way around.
that actually makes the harder ones harder since ur used to the easy ones, imo..
like if u start with tia.. gets annoying from jumping but if ur annoyed early on u get used to it and it becomes normal, while if u played an easy char it just stays annoying cause... y am i playing this char when i can play another one

definition of hard to easy is different too
i started with eir and think sieg is WAYYYYYYYYY EXTREMELY much more easier than eir

12-06-2009   #19 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukki
Title says it all, or has the game been out a long time and it will be really hard for me to catch up?

Also how long until I can unlock the archer after playing?

One last question is the PvP balanced? and can the Archer hold its own in PvP?
Try it it's free it isn't hard to catch up if you talk PvP wise and gear.

U can unlock archer whenever u feel like it I recommend buying it though.

PvP is semi-balanced no game is really purely balanced. The Archer usually has problems against those frigging crazy pvpers out there "Sieg" "Ryans" "Tias" etc..