ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Questions & Answers

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: What class do you find the "easiest" to play?
Sieg/Knight 27 42.86%
Dainn/Wizard 15 23.81%
Eir/Healer 10 15.87%
Tia/Thief 11 17.46%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-20-2008   #21 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

chunchao is on a distinguished road

Dainn was my first class. Everything seemed so easy. Then i tried Eir. I was REALLY struggling. Due to i was FS. Then i tried Seig. Totally difficult (for me). Then tried Tia. Actually was quite easy. O_o Lastly Dacy. Full spammer. Totally fun. Since can use pets. Incredible AI. But it *may* lag you.

Conclusion. All classes are different. Choose one to play and STICK TO IT. Then when you have some experience of seeing how the other classes play,try what others do and see if it suits your sense of play.

Dacy/Tia FTW

''''''''''''''''''''''Jlunia.

''''''''''''
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Glunia
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Tlunia.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-20-2008   #22 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

yea i love how you can play dacy. theres so many ways you can play it XD. combo,skill spam, let dolls kill for you etc. dacy will allways be my main when we get it. hope we get it at summer coz il easy spend 3 days of my summer yeti plating dacy to lv 5x

03-20-2008   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

tommy00X has a spectacular aura abouttommy00X has a spectacular aura about
IGN: tommy00X
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Solstice

pick sieg....its got the cool combo and skills...plus u get to D-fist people in pvp..lol

03-20-2008   #24 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

what a weird reason..... XD

03-20-2008   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

kahoalii is on a distinguished road
IGN: kahoalii
Class: Sieg lt_warrior
Level: 64
Guild: Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy00xu
pick sieg....its got the cool combo and skills...plus u get to D-fist people in pvp..lol
i agree. nothing feels better than to dfist som1 in pvp....unless its a backstab... <.<
but imo i think tia is the easiest character to pick up because of her speed and power at lower lvls...
****** 5X anti-mob dainn pasttime
****** 5X hybrid eir semi-active

03-20-2008   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

if you want to get a hang of the combo system and all that, pick sieg. It has the easiest begginer combos and the highest base vit out of all chars. IMO the best class for begginers if you actually want to learn something about the game. Tia can get pretty annoying to control at times (you dash when you wanna jump and you jump when you wanna dash).

03-20-2008   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I do think Ranged Characters are easier to use, Yet maybe its just me.
Ranged characters are always easier to use in any RPG where you're allowed to avoid enemy attacks via movement. This is because it's generally a crapload easier to avoid enemy attacks from a distance, and yet you're forced to go up close if you aren't ranged.

Ultima Online is a good example of this, where you can kite most of the strongest enemies in the game just by never letting them get close enough to hit you with their powerful melee attacks. Diablo (both 1 and 2) is another example. Who survives easier? That barbarian that has to wade right into the middle of those 50 monsters to start hurting them, or the sorceress who can just fight with ranged attacks from a distance and then move back some more so they never get close to her?

Cooldowns and faster-moving enemies make ranged not as godly in Lunia than in other games, but it's still a lot easier to fight enemies at range in Lunia than at melee for the most part.

03-20-2008   #28 (permalink)
Xpecial #1 Fan

ItsRai is on a distinguished road
IGN: Noof
Class: Fighter lt_gunslinger

I vote Sieg...
If you actually decide to learn combos with Dainn, your fingers are gonna hurt like a ***** autoing, and And dainn combos arnt easy, unless you include Pillar, Rain, and Dragon Boulder, and most wizes ive seen cant even link Pillar Rain >.>

03-20-2008   #29 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Jeko is on a distinguished road

Dainn is not the only one with long range skills.
It's just that he gain more of them in less levels but the others have a lot too.
But most of them like rain or boulder should connect from near the enemy or they hit half of their potential and become pretty useless.
Dainn's not a total long ranged char as he could seem at first glance.
And if he wants to learn some combos, as Rai said, it's the LAST one to pick.
He is an idiot slowpoke in movements, if you try him after a sieg or an eir the difference is HUGE.

For a beginner i think a sieg is more suited.. or an Eir because you can heal and the combos are veeery basic (the one i've seen so far)

Edit: Typo ><

03-20-2008   #30 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry but what does "basilar" mean? o.O

And eir... maybe not. If you plan on healing you won't have many points for attack skills, and if you prioritize the attacks people are going to kill you when they find out you only have like one heal. Sieg remains the easiest one to combo with, has more skills to string in a combo than eir, and can do more damage for sure. Plus he's very flexible as skill build goes, so you can do well in both stages and pvp with the same build.

03-20-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

For the stage (I'm talking from a stage perspective, not a PvP perspective), being Eir requires you to heal other people. Eir is probably the hardest character to play as in the game in terms of your role in the party. You have to constantly keep an eye out on what EVERYONE, both your party monsters AND the monsters, are doing AT ALL TIMES. When you are Eir, you are FORCED to move in and heal people when they need it, unless you want them to die. ANY other class can CHOOSE when to unleash an offensive or not, but Eir is the only character in the game that is FORCED to enter into the situation as it arises. An Eir that's in the middle of combat (which she should be to contribute maximum amount to the party) needs to be ready to break off and heal at a moment's notice, and sometimes this can happen at VERY inopportune moments. Being forced to heal someone (or else they'll die) also forces you to move to a certain position, which can be restricting and even get you killed a lot of the time (I'm sure many healers have lost count of the times they rushed in to heal someone only to get SLAMMED by a monster as soon as they did and killed). Healing spells are also the most mana-expensive skills in the game (so potions and mana recovery can't keep up much at all), and a stage Eir needs to sacrifice her own HP often in order to keep up with the mana output in general, whether she's FS, hybrid, or battle. Combine this with the character who has the lowest durability in the game (both in terms of HP and defense, not that the latter is that particularly significant, though it does make a little difference) and terrible defensive skills in the game compared to other characters (she doesn't even have ANYTHING that gives her invincibility frames besides Light Shield that you get at level 54 and has a 3 minute cooldown and the highest reagent cost in the game of any skill) and you have a character that requires a lot of concentration and playing skill to fulfill your role in the party. Her melee range one of the worse in the game (only Tia's is shorter, but Tia hits a heck of a lot faster) and so is her melee damage.

Worse defense, worse HP, worse melee damage, 2nd worse range, highest mana cost on her skills.... really, it's as if the developers knew that parties would NEED healers, so they purposefully went out of their way to make healers the worse at everything to make up for that. Actually, given that they probably also purposefully went out of their way to give potions obscenely long cooldowns to make any venture without a healer an exercise in frustration means that is probably the case.

When I started playing other classes besides healers, it felt like half of my brain simply had nothing to do anymore. Not having to give a crap about how much health the other party members have and being able to focus and concentrate 100% on just killing stuff (or maneuvering stuff in ways that other party members can kill them) does that, I think.

03-20-2008   #32 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to not have to worry about keeping people alive. As a healer, if I see someone drop to 0 hp, I immediately seek them out to resuscitate them but as a Tia, I just think to myself "sucks to be you" and go about my business. Of all the characters, I'd have to say Sieg is the most beginner-friendly. Skill spamming yields decent damage and simple combos are easy to pull off also. Dainn's combos aren't as easy, though he's better for skill spam.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

03-20-2008   #33 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

tia got easy comboes too but her good comboes ARE hard to pull off XD.

03-20-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

For the stage Tia, you're probably better off focusing on getting in good backstabs before combos (since combos can be party-unfriendly sometimes in terms of other party members either disrupting you or being unable to join in). Of course, that's not necessarily an easy feat either sometimes (and there will be many times where you should combo instead since... well, it's not like backstabbing doesn't have cooldowns or spammability or whatever else)

03-20-2008   #35 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Jeko is on a distinguished road

Isn't dainn the one with the worst hp?

03-20-2008   #36 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreig
tia got easy comboes too but her good comboes ARE hard to pull off XD.
Sylph's Wing. Problem solved.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

03-20-2008   #37 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

chunchao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeko
Isn't dainn the one with the worst hp?
Yes. bonus is only 250 at max. Thats the reason why most wear vit sets.

''''''''''''''''''''''Jlunia.

''''''''''''
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Glunia
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Tlunia.

03-20-2008   #38 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

sylph's wing is uber hacks in stage <,<. dain base is higher then tias =P

03-20-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Rednanaki is on a distinguished road

Ugh, I totally agree with Eir being annoyingly hard to play. I hate it when people just assume I'm going to somehow save them when they rush in and die when there are monsters between. Plus, the health and mana just varies so much all the time because of Price of Sacrifice and heals/attacks

03-20-2008   #40 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

nah some people find eir easy to play =P but i can say MOST have hard time =P