Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

wokao118 is on a distinguished road
Default new here with questions..

lol, just woundering if the game will be free when it released, looking for a new mmorpg and trying to quit maple story.....
and also woundering if this game has pvp system and is the leveling system really gay that it's gonna take lots of time just trying to get to higher level?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70
Guild: SOS Brigade

Lunia is free with cash shop donations. The leveling system is as the official site says "Action Arcade" and it's fairly easy to level. And yes, there is a pvp system =]

Lunia: Kanairi/RuririSOSBrigade ₒ Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) ₒ Vindictus: Lisolette

06-09-2007   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Tiger is on a distinguished road

Wow this gets crazier by the minute, so many people from MS, Nexon really has done a bad job =)

06-09-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

well, just get tired of it. there is no pvp system in MS!!!! that takes a lot of fun out of it....
and all you ever do is level and level and quest, which if noobs come alone nobody get it done....
and another thing i wanna ask is that if you are in pvp map will you lose exp or item when you get killed? and can you go randomly kill people in the street?

06-09-2007   #5 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

In PvP, you don't lose your experience or items when you die.
However, it's treated like an arena, not a conventional PvP room where you can walk in and kill everybody on sight.
Everything is pre-arranged.

Once you do get into a match, you'll have the usual 2 lives as if you were playing a stage.

Well... There's also the campfire at the end of stages...
You can hit people for some reason, but you won't hurt them.

06-09-2007   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Shoro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shoro

Do you have to be a certain minimum level to pvp?

06-09-2007   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

hummmm, i have more questions, can you kinda walk me thought the game system and how it works? what is the act or stage? and how it work? and do you only control one character or multi? and what kind of game system that let you play with friends and stuff? i'm kinda confused.......

06-09-2007   #8 (permalink)
Eyes of Fayt
Special

Konvay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Konvay
IGN: ThermoDynamics
Class: Wizard
Level: super-100
Guild: Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokao118
hummmm, i have more questions, can you kinda walk me thought the game system and how it works?
Sure ^^

Quote:
what is the act or stage? and how it work?
Lunia is a story, every level is called a stage. Acts is the group of stages, usually dealing one portion of the world, or in stories it usually has to do within or around one building. In Lunia, each act is a different realm, the first one is a grassland, the second is a frozen mountainous region. There are 5 acts, each having 10 stages.

Quote:
and do you only control one character or multi?
You control one character while playing. At the beginning you can create 4, and apparently there is a way to add more creation slots.

Quote:
and what kind of game system that let you play with friends and stuff? i'm kinda confused.......
You can do each stage with up to 4 people (apparently some maps are up to 8 people, but I'm not sure) So you can join with a few friends and play through stages/acts. There is also the PvP system mentioned, there is team and solo PvP. You and your friend(s) could battle against another group or fight amongst yourselves ^^

Currently Playing:

<<Short posts are always misunderstood>>
my Avatar

06-09-2007   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

so, to my understanding is that stage is some kind like a quest that you can do with your friends....and this game also have towns and maps like any other MMORPG games right? and you can do those stage with friends anytime you want and you are able to repeat it? and how is the magic system works? and what kind of jobs and so on?
sorry for stupid questions....

06-09-2007   #10 (permalink)
Eyes of Fayt
Special

Not exactly, the entire game is made up of stages. There's only one town, the "Square", where you find all your needs, potion shop, weapon, armor, appraisal and blacksmith (upgrader).

Skill system is a better word than magic system. There are 3 main skill sections, one buff skill section, and passive skill section for all characters. You gain skill points every level, sometimes 2 points (don't remember which levels you gain 2 ^^") and you can use those points in any section as long as you have the level required for the skill you want.

Fighter (Sieg)
Wizard (Dainn)
Healer (Eir)
Alchemist (Lime - Slime Monster)
Thief (Tia)
Summoner [Puppeteer] (Dacy / Daisy)

Skills sections for each class is hard to define, because they're all very different. I can only comment on a few. Dainn's first section (the attack skill section) consists of a Ice tab, a Fire tab and an Earth tab. Eir's first section consists of a Heal tab and two attack tabs, one (moon) is oriented to magic attacks, the other (star) is more like support-like attacks (sorry hard to explain ><) and Dacy/Daisy's first attack tab is the puppet summons.

Also, the passive skill tab, every character has the same passive skills, but they are unlocked in different orders, like Dainn's first skill unlocked in this tab is max SP/MP increase, while Sieg has max HP increase, etc.

Currently Playing:

my Avatar

06-10-2007   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

so this game is kind like a old fashion RPG game mixed with action games? are there some character that is pc control in some stage if you can't get enough people play with you? and what happen if you finished all the stage and can you kinda replay stages? also one more thing is that can you join people while they are in middle of a stage?
really lookin forward to open beta....

06-10-2007   #12 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

If there are a lack of people, you basically just do the stage by yourself~ And yes you can repeat stages... =D

Lunia: Kanairi/RuririSOSBrigade ₒ Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) ₒ Vindictus: Lisolette

06-10-2007   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

And you can eat cookies ^^ or in my case...other wild animals

06-10-2007   #14 (permalink)
Eyes of Fayt
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokao118
so this game is kind like a old fashion RPG game mixed with action games? are there some character that is pc control in some stage if you can't get enough people play with you? and what happen if you finished all the stage and can you kinda replay stages? also one more thing is that can you join people while they are in middle of a stage?
really lookin forward to open beta....
There are a few stages where you will have NPC characters that are on your side, but it's based on the story-line not a setting, so like Kawaii said, you would have to do it alone. You can join people by hitting "Start" and then selecting a stage, it'll randomly match you with a group/person if they have not advanced to far (there are rocks blocking the path, once someone destroys a rock, that room is locked from outsiders)

Currently Playing:

my Avatar

06-11-2007   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

phanfious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phanfious

So is the skill system kind of like in WoW?

06-12-2007   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanfious
So is the skill system kind of like in WoW?
i dont think so, but i have never played wow so i couldnt tell you

06-12-2007   #17 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

The skill system is pretty unique, but it's sorta set up like Diablo 2's, if I recall correctly.

06-12-2007   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Caboose45 is on a distinguished road

Glarbage has the basic idea, you use skills like in diablo 2, but the skill trees have no prerequisites except for level.

I like spaghetti. LOTS OF SPAGHETTI!

06-16-2007   #19 (permalink)
Rathmos

Well, im a New Commer as well, and all these help, except, i have one question....and, sorry to say this, but a stupid one. You say you don't lose anything in PvP, but Do you lose things while ina stage? O.o (i plan to be a healer, im that kinda person. i also expect to die a lot )

06-16-2007   #20 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

Umm... if you die you get like 2 or 3 more chances to do the stage or something~