Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-25-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

CritterFarm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tia - so frustrating to use

The only reason I'm even bothering to start a Tia is because I heard she's overpowered in Myth. She is a complete pain-in-the-ass to use in stage mode, the most frustrating to use of all 17 characters I've tried.
- Low damage
- Low HP/MP
- Barely any effective AoE attacks at all. The only effective AoE attack I've found is the one where she throws a bunch of bombs (thunder shock). Yet it has a slow as hell casting time and gets cancelled all the damn time, making it completely useless, because the way the skill is designed you're supposed to use it while trapped in the middle of a group of enemies
- The key setting for jump is so frustrating. Double tap dash? For some reason you cannot jump when right beside an enemy, she'll simply keep dashing. Hello? That's the time where it's most needed to jump to the other side of the enemy -_- And most of the time if you spam the dash button you end up jumping twice...
- Most if not all of her skills except for hide and the fog are completely useless in PvE. They're all variations of stabs/kicks, and only work on one enemy. I can already tell before even playing her, because about 90% of her skills are recommended to be at lvl 0 from all the guides... you can tell a character is fun to use when at least half of his/her skills are recommended to be max in a guide...
- I don't get how this class is considered "fast"? She has an average or below-average running speed, melee attacks that are way slower than Yuki/Dark Eir/Asuka, and slow as hell casting time for most attacks
Aside from the fact that she has the chance to have zero cooldown and spam fog or something, what exactly does she have that excels in myth? I know she might be good for PvP or something but so far she seems completely worthless in PvE. If she's not overpowered in myth then there's no point continuing this character... I'm already having a damn headache using her and I'm only halfway through stage 5.

Last edited by CritterFarm; 07-25-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-25-2013   #2 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

She is overpowered in Myth only when you have access to 6,000 DEX and have the sufficient STR for killing mobs with Dark Fog and Regular/True Spanning Throwing Knives. Dark Fog eliminates nearby mobs like *snap* that. Combine with 6k dex for 0 cooldown and you have OP Tia. It gives her some invincibility and a high jump in moving forward too, probably why people say she's fast.

Other than the stated skills, the rest are more for PvP.

07-26-2013   #3 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

Tia has more mobility than speed. Also follows generic Thief/Assassin type characters where most of her attacks are focused on a single target in close range.

In short, she's inferior in PvE until she is able to become a one-trick pony.

07-27-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

CritterFarm is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting to 6000 dex will require a TON of powerleveling... Tia can barely solo myth 1 -_-... finding a powerleveler in this game is like pretty much impossible now since most people don't bother doing myth anymore. Is it worth it to spend a ton of time on Tia to farm myth equips?

07-27-2013   #5 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Getting 6000 Dex will require those high-costing stat-raising scrolls for Cash equips. I was lucky getting 2500G from selling stuff so I could afford the scrolls when they were at a cheap price, and then took some Soldin God stuff and got Dex grades at the grade shop.

Unless you're dedicated to get a OP tia, I wouldn't really spend time going through Myth 1 to 6 if you're having a hard time finding people to party with. Getting an OP'd character in the end has its rewards though, since it's easier farming for you to get stuff for your other characters or making money through selling Myth items.

07-28-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterFarm
Getting to 6000 dex will require a TON of powerleveling... Tia can barely solo myth 1 -_-... finding a powerleveler in this game is like pretty much impossible now since most people don't bother doing myth anymore. Is it worth it to spend a ton of time on Tia to farm myth equips?
6k dex isn´t that hard. It´s more like needing a pretty large sum of gold if you just started with the game. You can abuse the cash shop by creating a lot of alt-accounts and then gift yourself everything you want. See here: Lunia - Gift Firefox - YouTube

The stat enhancing scrolls are very easy to get with this method, but they´re a money drainer because the level I and II scrolls aren´t worth it, so you have to upgrade them at least to level III.

However, if there´s really no one doing Myth anymore then you´re better off looking for a new game. Soloing Myth 1 to 4 is easy enough and doesn´t require that much grinding, but once you enter Myth 5 or 6, the spawn rate of the required boss to advance further is frustratingly low.
Devildom is even worse, because the important stages are impossible to solo without good endgame gear and the remaining players are probably only playing on the hardest difficulty.

I´m very sure you´ll be stuck with slowly grinding for thousands of gold coins so you can afford the required armor to participate in said stages.
Is it worth it? No. You´ve already seen the fun part (the normal stages) of Lunia. The rest is just a grindfest.

07-28-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

... shoutouts to the PvE Tia players in the previous versions.