Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-16-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Arietta is on a distinguished road
Default Couple of questions

I have a few questions about the game, figured this is the only Lunia forum that isn't completely dead.

- Where do I get a permanent Myth key at this point (July 2013)? It doesn't seem to be in the cash shop. Yes I know there was an event 3 years ago where one of the almost-impossible-to-get prizes was a permanent myth key
- Why does Myth 3 boss Wildur sometimes not appear, and one of his minions appear instead (Nephron or whatever he's called)? Kind of disappointing to hack through this difficult level then the boss decides to not appear, thus no boss chest
- I'm playing as Yuki. Since rebirth skills are stronger versions of their normal version, should I just max the rebirth skills and abandon some normal versions? For instance should I have 11/11 in "true ice giant's fist" and 0/11 in "ice giant's fist", or 6-7 points in each?
- Is the level 75 skills "ice spear" worth putting more than 1 point? It seems pretty crappy, basically just a stronger version of ice giant's fist except with a HUGE cooldown. To be honest I expected something way cooler for Yuki's 2nd ultimate skill
- Should I max both "cold dragon heart" and "true cold dragon heart"? They're pretty useless for normal enemies but are amazing boss killers. Using both skills one after the other will pretty much take down 1/5 of a Myth boss' health
- Is there even any point doing bonus stages? I tried bonus 1 with a friend and it was pretty much impossible. We were both level 71, and to kill 40 monsters with ridiculous amount of HP in 5 minutes? We barely killed 30. Yet the level requirement for bonus is only level 65. What kind of level 65 player can make it through bonus, unless his equips are all cold shining + 15? I saw a youtube of a level 87 guy doing bonus 1, and he BARELY made it, lol. I don't PvP so I have no need for non-myth gear, or am I mistaken?
My character is mainly for stage/myth mode.

Last edited by Arietta; 07-16-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-16-2013   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arietta
- Why does Myth 3 boss Wildur sometimes not appear, and one of his minions appear instead (Nephron or whatever he's called)? Kind of disappointing to hack through this difficult level then the boss decides to not appear, thus no boss chest
It has always been this way, it's basically the Russian roulette of Myth, if you score the main boss then great! If not then bite the bullet and do the entire stage again then hope he appears.

If the boss appears you get the god chest with the best equipment items inside (if you're lucky to get one), if you get one of the two demon monsters then you get incarnation chests which provide an alright equipment item but not even close to the power of the god one.

Quote:
I'm playing as Yuki. Since rebirth skills are stronger versions of their normal version, should I just max the rebirth skills and abandon some normal versions? For instance should I have 11/11 in "true ice giant's fist" and 0/11 in "ice giant's fist", or 6-7 points in each?
You'd want both to spam in rapid succession, since rebirth gives millions of SP then you'll have them both anyway.

Quote:
- Is the level 75 skills "ice spear" worth putting more than 1 point? It seems pretty crappy, basically just a stronger version of ice giant's fist except with a HUGE cooldown. To be honest I expected something way cooler for Yuki's 2nd ultimate skill
As stated above, with rebirth you get unlimited SP so it may suck now but in due time you can max it with spare points and see if it's worth using.

Quote:
Should I max both "cold dragon heart" and "true cold dragon heart"? They're pretty useless for normal enemies but are amazing boss killers. Using both skills one after the other will pretty much take down 1/5 of a Myth boss' health
Hell yes, one of the best skills to have.

Quote:
Is there even any point doing bonus stages? I tried bonus 1 with a friend and it was pretty much impossible. We were both level 71, and to kill 40 monsters with ridiculous amount of HP in 5 minutes? We barely killed 30. Yet the level requirement for bonus is only level 65. What kind of level 65 player can make it through bonus, unless his equips are all cold shining + 15? I saw a youtube of a level 87 guy doing bonus 1, and he BARELY made it, lol. I don't PvP so I have no need for non-myth gear, or am I mistaken?
My character is mainly for stage/myth mode.
There used to be a purpose for bonus stage, it was the extension of staging taken to the extreme.
Because staging is obsolete the bonus stages are just there if you're bored of Myth.

It also used to be a very big money grab, those ancient dragon boxes from bonus 2 sold for a nice fortune, now it's so easy for people to OHKO the bosses that it's not worth anything anymore.

Damn I sure miss those good old days when you have to be skillful to get anything worthwhile.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

07-16-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Thanks for the information.
So I guess it's not possible to get a permanent myth key now? I think I could barely make enough money to cover the 180G per week cost, with only 1/5 of the myth runs actually dropping anything useful. Then you gotta hope someone buys your crap in marketplace because myth monsters don't drop a single silver.

07-16-2013   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

I don't expect anything to really hold any value, there's not much of a money sink for veteran players and the old methods of making income with gems was removed because everyone exploited that to death back in the day, giving veteran players a very big upper hand.

But it's the overall difficulty that makes stuff worthless, since everyone is overpowered beyond belief it's very easy to get what you want so the supply surpasses demand by a large margin.

When it comes to the myth key I don't really know, I'm only basing what I know on old knowledge having been one of those hardcore dungeon/myth players at the time.

07-17-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
- Is there even any point doing bonus stages?
By completing Bonus stages you get much stronger gear for normal stages, but you can ignore these stages if youīre just interested in reaching end game content. Maybe you could farm Bonus 3 for money making but I have no idea if thereīs even any demand by now. Check the market.

If youīre still interested in these stages, you should get at least 1k strength, so you wonīt just tickle the monsters; 1.5k strength to make things a bit easier.

07-17-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

There is no supply of myth equipment at all in the marketplace, at least for INT classes. I just searched... I don't get what you're talking about with the excess supply. Unless everyone is discarding their myth equipment and not selling it... o_O
I did not find a SINGLE piece of correctly priced Foriel/Wildur/Zugren equipment at all, and I'm pretty sure all the servers share the same marketplace. Just a bunch of dumbasses trying to raise the average price by making their price completely stupid. I needed a better weapon, and the only weapon I found in the entire marketplace was some dumbass trying to sell a pretty basic Zugren weapon for 400G, when the average price is like 300G.
And the fact that almost 100% of the time you get some garbage like "damaged soul x 1" from boss chests... yeah no wonder people left this repetitive grindy game. What's the point of playing when beating the stages offers no reward whatsoever?

Last edited by Arietta; 07-17-2013 at 11:38 AM.

07-17-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Your problem is that you started with Lunia really late. One year ago the bottom line of Myth gear you could sell was Wildur or Zugren equipment. Now itīs probably M5 or M6 gear, which is most likely pretty expensive for a new player.

To get better equipment, you could try to join other players to clear Myth with you. The more players there are in your party, the higher the chance for a battle against a Myth god. Only from their chests you get the good gear. Soloing is only bearable up to M4. On M5+ the spawn chance of a Myth god is frustatingly low.
If youīre lucky you end up in a party with a booster / farmer, who can one-shot everything. Usually these guys donīt care at all if you leech.

edit: To boost yourself further you could start abusing the cash shop by creating a ton of alt-accounts, log in once on each of them before you get the free LCoins and then gift yourself all the good stuff when allm shells out free LCoins twice a month (if that didnīt change). A lot of people do that and the GMs donīt care (why should they?).

See this vid for instructions:

Last edited by Saibak; 07-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

07-17-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

It's way too hard for people who are actually appropriately leveled/equipped for the stages, and way too easy for those who have those DD equipment. Let's see, people who are wearing Wildur/Zugren stuff chip away at M3/M4 boss health like a woodpecker and die from most attacks in one hit despite the fact that these equips are what you're supposed to be wearing at this stage. While those people wearing DD kills the boss in like 3 hits. This is probably the most imbalanced game I've ever seen. Now I get why most people say that Myth/rebirth are the worst things to happen to this game. I agree. Back during beta (forgot if it was closed or open), I really enjoyed Lunia because no one was ridiculously overpowered, and it actually took some skills to play the game. Everyone was grinding 6-10 because that was as far as most people got, and it was very hard yet rewarding. The best people can get is to enchant stuff into cold shining. Now Lunia is just a f*cking grindfest where you get some guy with 99999999999 strength and 100 rebirths to run straight through a myth stage in like 1 minute, then hope the boss chest actually drops, then repeat this about 50 times a day. No skill required whatsoever. In fact you don't even need to attack, because the damage you do will be completely pointless when the guy three-hit-KOs any boss.

And that gift plugin does not work anymore. And since Lunia has no shared bank storage, there's no way to gift items, hell, or even trade in-game items, without having two computers side by side.

Time to quit Lunia and play something else until Kritika comes out.

07-17-2013   #9 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Quote:
There is no supply of myth equipment at all in the marketplace, at least for INT classes. I just searched... I don't get what you're talking about with the excess supply. Unless everyone is discarding their myth equipment and not selling it... o_O
I did not find a SINGLE piece of correctly priced Foriel/Wildur/Zugren equipment at all
When I left, M4 was the new thing and people basically gave away their lunia god items in favor of M3 and M4 gear and only new players farmed M1.

Since those gears suck in comparison to the M5 and M6 gear, it's understandable why you don't see much of them since no one cares to farm for them.
After all why have a 2k strength item when you can have a 8k one.

That is why being a new player to myth really sucks in comparison to vets, and yes the repetitive nature really kills the game, especially since stages are worthless and you're forced to put up with them after every rebirth.

Quote:
It's way too hard for people who are actually appropriately leveled/equipped for the stages, and way too easy for those who have those DD equipment. Let's see, people who are wearing Wildur/Zugren stuff chip away at M3/M4 boss health like a woodpecker and die from most attacks in one hit despite the fact that these equips are what you're supposed to be wearing at this stage. While those people wearing DD kills the boss in like 3 hits. This is probably the most imbalanced game I've ever seen. Now I get why most people say that Myth/rebirth are the worst things to happen to this game. I agree. Back during beta (forgot if it was closed or open), I really enjoyed Lunia because no one was ridiculously overpowered, and it actually took some skills to play the game. Everyone was grinding 6-10 because that was as far as most people got, and it was very hard yet rewarding. The best people can get is to enchant stuff into cold shining. Now Lunia is just a f*cking grindfest where you get some guy with 99999999999 strength and 100 rebirths to run straight through a myth stage in like 1 minute, then hope the boss chest actually drops, then repeat this about 50 times a day. No skill required whatsoever. In fact you don't even need to attack, because the damage you do will be completely pointless when the guy three-hit-KOs any boss.
Welcome to Lunia as of 2009.
You'll feel right at home here as we constantly get annoyed over what happened to the once fun game that did involve skill.

Where we remember the more peaceful time when every small number meant something and being able to survive Daru, Lir, Regal, Dungeons and Bonus 2-10 stage meant something.

Though I expect Kritika to suffer the same fate that Lunia did, it should be fun for a while.

07-18-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Zloty has a spectacular aura aboutZloty has a spectacular aura about
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: OurStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Though I expect Kritika to suffer the same fate that Lunia did, it should be fun for a while.
I can't agree with you, as you know community had grown through time peroid from new sq patch to some point when m4 or m5 was released to it's peak. Allm knows it's worked once, so it would work again. Encourage as many people as possible with cash shop stuff etc. Do not let pro/hardcore community stand above the others (godlike) to the point that woudn't be able to reach with some time playing game and cash shop (just like rb did). It makes some people quit, but allows new people to play game, use cash shop "boosters" and to catch up the players that play for much longer. It's like perpetum mobie. Make a system that allows the community flow and extend existence of the game. I'm gonna stick with that otherwise everything that allm did makes no sense.

RIP Lunia

07-18-2013   #11 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zloty
I can't agree with you, as you know community had grown through time peroid from new sq patch to some point when m4 or m5 was released to it's peak. Allm knows it's worked once, so it would work again. Encourage as many people as possible with cash shop stuff etc. Do not let pro/hardcore community stand above the others (godlike) to the point that woudn't be able to reach with some time playing game and cash shop (just like rb did). It makes some people quit, but allows new people to play game, use cash shop "boosters" and to catch up the players that play for much longer. It's like perpetum mobie. Make a system that allows the community flow and extend existence of the game. I'm gonna stick with that otherwise everything that allm did makes no sense.
Except now they're giving cash shop stuff for free which fully contradicts the purpose of a business.

Ever since I heard of that I knew that Lunia's time would be over and they're letting the community enjoy the perks while they can, that's the only real way to attract customers since it's basically a legal private server.

When they developed Myth it was neat at first but it became clear that it was overwriting 70% of what they already developed, which again contradicts business practices by making a majority of your game tedious and obsolete.

Because of the unusual contradicting business practices I don't trust Allm to know what they're doing when it comes to Kritka either, it may be fun for a few months or a year but then something will come along to ruin the experience. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

If the other versions of Lunia are doing the stipend then I don't even know how Allm is getting any money to stay afloat.

07-19-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Zloty has a spectacular aura aboutZloty has a spectacular aura about
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: OurStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Except now they're giving cash shop stuff for free which fully contradicts the purpose of a business.
They started doing it once they gave up on lunia. No new content=boredom=Yo guys i quit
Ever since I heard of that I knew that Lunia's time would be over and they're letting the community enjoy the perks while they can, that's the only real way to attract customers since it's basically a legal private server.

When they developed Myth it was neat at first but it became clear that it was overwriting 70% of what they already developed, which again contradicts business practices by making a majority of your game tedious and obsolete.
QFT, stages since hen became just time fillers no purpose at all
Because of the unusual contradicting business practices I don't trust Allm to know what they're doing when it comes to Kritka either, it may be fun for a few months or a year but then something will come along to ruin the experience. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Nothing more to say
If the other versions of Lunia are doing the stipend then I don't even know how Allm is getting any money to stay afloat.
RB+Myth were the best way to allow newbs to catch-up. Easy to level+ strength of character based on stats instead of leveling. Forcing people to reset their levels (until some point when they released rb books that do not reset your level). Besides before rb and myth we got x-10 exp boost. Endless 5-10L runs were the same as endless myth, the thing is that our eq changed and 6x levels to 7x levels

RIP Lunia