ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia PvP (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/)
-   -   Offline practice room? (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/84385-offline-practice-room.html)

CrazyChild 10-19-2010 07:46 PM

Offline practice room?
 
So im just asking if there it's possible to make a Offline Practice Room sieg only.
Because My computer's memory isn't prety good. So im planing to practice on a offline practice room entil i get a new computer and a better internet, cause now i can't even walk in a square ._ . help? ;D:py22:

Veggi 10-19-2010 07:51 PM

Not really possbile snice you would need an internet to connect to the servers. Offline Practice room doesn't sound so bad.

CrazyChild 10-19-2010 07:58 PM

we cant like cutting a part of the game and make it offline so we can use the practice field
even if we does not have internet? O;

buta 10-19-2010 08:04 PM

No because that would be borderline private server.

Which, by the way, is taboo on these forums.

CrazyChild 10-19-2010 08:12 PM

is it impossible or possible but not permitted? o_O

Veggi 10-19-2010 08:15 PM

ITS IMPOSSBILE
If it was done They consider it third party - something relevant to that
it could be done, yet thats like buta said, -borderlining Private server-
matter-fact that should be since its needed C++ to /hamachi/etc to even make an offline server.
Offline server = Private server snice offline you cant get any rankings
10char :>

Minuss 10-19-2010 09:20 PM

nvm deleted info about pservers dont want to get banned from ggftw

Ashee 10-19-2010 10:26 PM

it isnt really useful to practice in different conditions anyway... i had hard times getting used to my new inet with a lot of practice (about 6-7h to not cancel everything too early)

still as insane delay as usual in ijji (even if i dl there for like 2-5mb/sec (?)

Light 10-20-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggi (Post 1375493)
Not really possbile snice you would need an internet to connect to the servers.

Er, no.
My guess is that you've never used a server emulator before.

An offline server is where you don't need the internet to connect to the game client and screw around.
It's just a simple emulator which runs in the background, sending packets instantly between the client and the false server, which is virtually lag free because it only runs on your system.

Someone would have to make one to do this, and that would be complex since it has to be made from scratch.

CrazyChild 10-20-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 1376090)
Er, no.
My guess is that you've never used a server emulator before.

An offline server is where you don't need the internet to connect to the game client and screw around.
It's just a simple emulator which runs in the background, sending packets instantly between the client and the false server, which is virtually lag free because it only runs on your system.

Someone would have to make one to do this, and that would be complex since it has to be made from scratch.

That what i was talking about! ;D If is that hard to make it, let's ask ALLM! ;D
And This ideal doesn't lvl cant earn money and nothing except getting more skill in pvp and that all 0;
Why will ALLM say no? O:

rainbows 10-20-2010 04:41 PM

its like asking why do they put commercials during shows instead of having a few hours filled with commercials (not talking about infommercials)
having to log on to use the practice field exposes you to more aspects of the game, such as guild chat, shots, the yellow popup messages, big gold star events, etc, to draw u into more aspects of the game

CrazyChild 10-20-2010 06:07 PM

That so real D; Didn't thought about that >. <
And Are you Kimy? O;

rainbows 10-20-2010 07:46 PM

nope im not Kimy
and i just noticed i made a typo there - *shouts, not shots

Light 10-20-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbows (Post 1376224)
having to log on to use the practice field exposes you to more aspects of the game, such as guild chat, shots, the yellow popup messages, big gold star events, etc, to draw u into more aspects of the game

Except who cares about those things when you want to focus on your combos.

Offline servers are meant to keep your game at its best or to practice improving your game, even when you can't connect.

That's why you hear a lot of people getting mad when they can't play Starcraft II offline, because their game slips and they get worse the longer they are unable to play or practice.

CrazyChild 10-20-2010 08:13 PM

We never know if they will said yes or no, cause Offline Practice Room will make Lunia much more PvPer and even myth players could learn pvp style when they dunt have Internet! (:
It will make lunia more intresting cause what we see now in most of myth is spam and those thing.

Light 10-20-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyChild (Post 1376425)
We never know if they will said yes or no, cause Offline Practice Room will make Lunia much more PvPer and even myth players could learn pvp style when they dunt have Internet! (:
It will make lunia more intresting cause what we see now in most of myth is spam and those thing.

Allm will say no because it defeats the point of having a real server.
You're meant to play the game in its fullest and Allm wants that for a reason.

Money (duh)

By being exposed to many features you are tempted to potentially spend for some of these features.

Plus your activity there shows that the game is lively and worth the investment and costs for programming and updates.
These updates are paid for with the help of cash buyers which are also a strong contribution to the future of the game.

While I wouldn't call an offline server a crime by any means, it doesn't have any positive effects to the company.
So they wouldn't want to develop such a thing which could ruin their investment.

They wouldn't shun you for using one, but you'd see why they'd discourage its use.

rainbows 10-20-2010 08:33 PM

i meant thatd be a reason why allm would say "no" to an offline practice room. if they did let you play it offline then they would at least wanna program several scheduled game/event ads or notifications into the offline mode to draw you into playing the game more, setting new goals, and - hopefully for them - buying some gcoin to help you along your mission

Light 10-20-2010 08:38 PM

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Griever 10-21-2010 03:38 AM

Every MMO game developing company (NHN, Allm, Wizet, even Jagex) buys their main servers and usually rents out servers in other regions, or just rents out the publishing rights to a game. If you're not playing online, they're sort of wasting money.

CrazyChild 10-21-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1376780)
Every MMO game developing company (NHN, Allm, Wizet, even Jagex) buys their main servers and usually rents out servers in other regions, or just rents out the publishing rights to a game. If you're not playing online, they're sort of wasting money.

Your Right, but making a Offline Practice room could also get more PvP people or atlest learn to many Lunia players how to combo. that mean the game will be more interesting and attractive not the goal of the game is spamming stage and if lucky, they get some good stuffs at the end.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.