ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia PvP (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/)
-   -   PVP Empty? (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/76972-pvp-empty.html)

taeo 06-03-2010 08:29 PM

PVP Empty?

Ok, recently, ive been just looking around the ijji forum and found about how PVP is doing...
Im guessing it is doing horrible, correct me if im wrong please...
Tias are impossible to "Touch"
and Krieg's are just "Hax"
I'm also hearing that no one bothers to PVP anymore because of the messed up skills...some poster said that Zero did 6.5k Dfist(that would've killed me instantly if i still played) Whats the deal with PVP Nowadays? :py25:

Lunar 06-03-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taeo (Post 1255928)
Ok, recently, ive been just looking around the ijji forum and found about how PVP is doing...
Im guessing it is doing horrible, correct me if im wrong please...
Tias are impossible to "Touch"
and Krieg's are just "Hax"
I'm also hearing that no one bothers to PVP anymore because of the messed up skills...some poster said that Zero did 6.5k Dfist(that would've killed me instantly if i still played) Whats the deal with PVP Nowadays? :py25:

i correct u
tias and krieg are the most fun to play, one mistake = death
zero does that much with all the effects, but anyone can do that much with 1k str
pvp is just as empty as it always was, no big deal

PKShota 06-03-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taeo (Post 1255928)
some poster said that Zero did 6.5k Dfist(that would've killed me instantly if i still played)

part of the overpowered STR boosts, the excuse whereas people cannot win by 500- STR, therefore they buff their selves by going crazy for STR-raising equipment.

PvP just got less popular, I don't know why, probably because of possible overpowering Tias/Kriegs that people think may lurk around.

Tia and Krieg are "overpowered" because their skill damages got a major buff. Krieg gets endurance frames and major damage boosts, Tia gets major damage boosts.

I for one just want to do combos :< sadly I'm resorting to myth-grinding due to not a lot of open PvP rooms.

Lunar 06-03-2010 09:05 PM

combos are still there, just can't let them drop anymore
i for one still combo, teleport dragon still pwns all chars

taeo 06-03-2010 09:17 PM

*cough* Spammer *Cough*
So....is it worth coming back for PVP?
If so, should i still stick with Sieg, or some other character?
If not...then ill keep switching with games

evilxshadow 06-03-2010 09:24 PM

its not worth coming back, at most 5 pvp rooms per weekday and 10 pvp rooms per weekend.

Lunar 06-03-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilxshadow (Post 1255961)
its not worth coming back, at most 5 pvp rooms per weekday and 10 pvp rooms per weekend.

its not worth coming back cause everyone does the above

Zloty 06-04-2010 05:26 AM

Most of tias i know quit pvp due to "balance" patch, no one wants to fight them.

Bredgen 06-04-2010 04:26 PM

Coupled with lag, lame patches that make pvp more boring and dying in 1 shot by everyone I'd say pvp is not worth it anymore.
Lunia is barely worth it anymore, I come online for 5 minutes per day average.

taeo 06-04-2010 08:47 PM

How are Dainn and Sieg?
Can they lay a finger on TIas or Kriegs, or even at LEAST take off one life?

Lunar 06-04-2010 09:06 PM

siegs vs tias? that's easy stuff.. mdef removes dark fog, not to mention he's vit char so dark fog doesn't do more than 50% and the cd too long to use a 2nd time
u might have problems with air prison though, but not too many tias abuse that one

krieg is just too op.. i dont think yuki can even kill krieg, not many kriegs to fight for me to know.
i own tias though, midair can rarely hit me... dark fog is only 50% hp, my full freeze combo does more than that

dainns are screwed against everyone, y do u think kck complains so much

here's how it is compared to the OP'est char in the game.. fluoride
i think he still 3-0's tias.. but sometimes they'll get lucky with a 3-2
kriegs on the other hand, can actually beat him at approximately 50% of the time
disturbance and adamantite are hell to fight

rainbows 06-04-2010 09:08 PM

of course you can lay a finger on tias or kriegs, but when they lay their finger on you it'll be like half your hp gone or more depending if they crit or not

ZeroKunoichi 06-04-2010 09:19 PM

I lay fingers on Tias and they vanish! not so much kriegs
I may hit up PvP a lil bit more again once my internet gets fixed by the end of this week hopefully.

taeo 06-04-2010 11:21 PM

Who's Disturbance and Ada?
Dont know them...SO...pretty much, which chars are good to PVP with?

rainbows 06-04-2010 11:36 PM

lol looking at your sig after a question is funny
"which chars are good to pvp with?"
"nothing"

anyway it depends on your purpose of pvping. like do you just wanna win? do you just wanna do tricked out combos? do you wanna feel unique by being one of the few pvpers on one of the least played characters? etc

Lunar 06-04-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taeo (Post 1256876)
Who's Disturbance and Ada?
Dont know them...SO...pretty much, which chars are good to PVP with?

those are krieg skills

play wutever u want,
u dont have to max ur skills, if u like playing tia..
if u leave them at a lvl where it's similar dmg as before balance patch it'd be exactly the same, tias right now just refuse to do that so they can't even pvp for fun if they wanted to

and summers beginning, so it's about time to restart pvping for me
back on sieg i go, probably

taeo 06-05-2010 07:39 AM

Ok, was there anything good about PVP the 4 months i've been gone?

Eecohch 06-05-2010 09:03 AM

I don't recall anything good happening to pvp for the past 4 months.

rainbows 06-05-2010 10:01 AM

but even if you do play tia with non-maxed skills you'll still be stereotyped as overpowered so not many people will want to join your room :(
oftentimes the best is to just pvp your friends

Ashee 06-05-2010 10:52 AM

^having a good reputation helps against that, unless you want to fight some noobs ._. well a serious 1n1 against a tia is pretty useless now without a rule set (ive seen shuri pvping other tias with it, way to restrict half the skills)