ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia PvP (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/)
-   -   Catching with Eir. (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/63364-catching-eir.html)

DarkSpear 11-13-2009 08:20 AM

Catching with Eir.

Im having a really hard time catching ranged classes, especially ryans and yukis. Melee classes are generally fine. I dont use sleep much because somehow it always gets cancelled `-`. I have 6/11 HS that i cant spam because of the mp burn that it brings. So yea, i need some tips on how to catch with eir >_<. And one more question, i cant seem to space reset quick enough ( either .....<<Space Dodge or <<space HS), the opponent is always quick enough to wake up attack and then i get smacked in the face >:. Any tips on space resetting too? >_<.

Thankss

rainbows 11-13-2009 08:24 PM

you could stay near your opponent and wait til they miss an attack, which gives you an opportunity to go in
sacred wave is very good for catching
dash as tears is another good way to catch
if you cant space reset quick enough, it means there wasn't enough height. different chars touch the ground at different speeds. or in other words, some classes are heavier than others.

idk what to do about ryans. once u get stuck in that wall and they're about a dash's distance away, wall raping you.. i really dont know what to do.
i mean you can try light shield, but the cooldowns really long and they could end up wall raping you again

Griever 11-13-2009 08:57 PM

I have no idea how2antiryan with Eir. X_X Best tip is to:
With Ryans, stay away in an L shape. Don't ever be in any octo-directional way of the Ryan's crossfire.

Think of it like chess.

Ryan=King/Queen. He can move in all of the 8 directions.
http://www.mberg.k12.ky.us:81/South_...ueenmmoves.jpg

Stay away in an L-shape like a Knight in a spot where if he shoots in a straight line, you're not going to be hit by his A shot.
http://www.mberg.k12.ky.us:81/South_...nightmoves.jpg

The majority of Ryan's attacks are in a straight linear line, so yeah.
Can't really offer you any other advice besides that ;_;

DarkSpear 11-13-2009 09:12 PM

^above 2 posts.

tyvm, i appreciate your inputs. And btw i dont have LS im only 52 >_<. but i'll get it soon. And @rainbows i cant seem to run from Sacred far enough and i always run in the wrong direction. But either way i will try and do the L Shape on ryans and Dash AS Tears to catch.

Point 11-13-2009 11:23 PM

Since a lot of ryans seem to do AA dash AS repeat to catch people a lot. I find this "fake" work quite well.

Say the position is

You...........Ryan

Run up (8), at this time the Ryan will shoot at you (4). After you run up, instead of going toward him to dash as/dodge (3), run back down again. Chances are the Ryan will shoot AA or Dash AS bullets towards where you were (7) (see if you had ran toward him, the second wave of bullets would've caught you). Use this slight open moment to dash towards him and do dash as tears or dodge, etc.

Basically, keep dashing back and forth, making the Ryan constantly changing his direction of AA/Dash AS then use the tiny breaks in between them to sneak up.

Lunar 11-13-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1051663)
I have no idea how2antiryan with Eir. X_X Best tip is to:
With Ryans, stay away in an L shape. Don't ever be in any octo-directional way of the Ryan's crossfire.

Think of it like chess.

Ryan=King/Queen. He can move in all of the 8 directions.
http://www.mberg.k12.ky.us:81/South_...ueenmmoves.jpg

Stay away in an L-shape like a Knight in a spot where if he shoots in a straight line, you're not going to be hit by his A shot.
http://www.mberg.k12.ky.us:81/South_...nightmoves.jpg

The majority of Ryan's attacks are in a straight linear line, so yeah.
Can't really offer you any other advice besides that ;_;

does not work
Quote:

Originally Posted by Point (Post 1051789)
Since a lot of ryans seem to do AA dash AS repeat to catch people a lot. I find this "fake" work quite well.

Say the position is

You...........Ryan

Run up (8), at this time the Ryan will shoot at you (4). After you run up, instead of going toward him to dash as/dodge (3), run back down again. Chances are the Ryan will shoot AA or Dash AS bullets towards where you were (7) (see if you had ran toward him, the second wave of bullets would've caught you). Use this slight open moment to dash towards him and do dash as tears or dodge, etc.

Basically, keep dashing back and forth, making the Ryan constantly changing his direction of AA/Dash AS then use the tiny breaks in between them to sneak up.

this is the better method, u have to make him miss so off that u have time to close in

L shape does not allow that

Gatts 11-14-2009 04:26 AM

play the trap and SSA spam.

Gladiat 11-14-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Point (Post 1051789)

Say the position is

You...........Ryan

Problem with this is that they might anticipate what you're doing and they will realize the pattern that you're going with this. I find this and L shape to be a good combination, but it's still pretty risky since some Ryans don't know how to turn >>AS. Some might end up doing >>A wait S to throw you off and then quickly do another >>AS and sometimes it ends up trapping you (Silky got me with this a few times).

Also, abuse Moon Barrier. It'll eat up his bullets and bombs, so he doesn't have many options for attacking you. Use SS turn A to keep him moving into where you want him to go, and if you happen to hit him, rush in and space reset.

windcurse 11-14-2009 01:13 PM

And if you suck at spacing Ryans then dont do a space reset or.. perfect it, since HP regen + decay makes combos sort of slow <_>

imported_john 11-18-2009 08:49 AM

spacing ryans is safe though since they cant combo into it... worst you'll eat is wakeup but then you'll be really close to them/can't escape their next attack lol

whenever i fight ryans (i win like 40% of the time? lol depends on the ryan obvs) I always save chain for when they side shot away from me or if not chain then holy spirit or pieces (tho preferably not this, long delay). something slow. usually they do two slideshot(x2) if they get hit, then ur free to catch them however.

as an eir ur main thing is using pieces as a power move enabler. for example you use pieces and of course they have to dodge it... but they cant shoot you while they're rolling away from the pieces so you just predict where they're dodging and use tears or something.

dodge is not really that good against ryans since they dont have to be close to initiate a combo, however laying it right before u get hit prevents bigger damage such as space reset stun lol

an easy space reset is AASAAAA >> space

if u have shout it depends on ur shout... AASAAAA dash AS shout >> space the higher the level of shout then the longer you have to wait during tthe >> to space cuz they go higher.

L strategy works well with eirs since its a 360 skill so you can hit the ryans with sacred wave but they cant hit you... u can probably start combos with SW dash space (dodge/spirit/tears(2 hit)<<>AA/etc) SSA works too... kinda but required a bigger L lol

L thing can be countered with spinny gun thing lol so jut watch out for that

ryan vs eir is like lion vs mouse... mouse is gonna die no matter what lol. its cuz price of sacrifice is a free amp, pieces is a free freeze and gives them time to dodge AND freeze again..

wow longest post ive typed in awhile

tl;dr dont fight ryans

rainbows 11-18-2009 11:01 AM

silky let me practice with him for a while and i learned a lot
i usually dont use freeze+chain or sleep, but he taught me that against good ryans, you should really abuse it. and spam space resets.
and dont try to do long combos if u know u might screw up cause a good ryan will take off like half your hp or more if they knock u with their getup-attack-into-a-combo even once (by good ryans i mean good players. i still consider bad players as decent ryans, decent players as good ryans, and good players as difficult ryans, etc)
oh and spam moon barrier. hide a lot. you might feel like you're playing like a coward but if someone busted your door open with a machine gun u would try to get something to block the shots with :)

luckily a lot of ryans arent as good as silky at catching so u can even use that L shape to melee starter them (lol meleeing a ryan always feels like an accomplishment)

imported_john 11-18-2009 02:52 PM

omg o.o i didnt know they had a getup combo...

but ya agree 100% w/ rob.. use everything or die lol

also moon barrier is a double edge sword.. ryan has more zone control because if ur hiding near the barrier he can use an AoE or stun or freeze, but their normal shots dont hit you lol. but if ur far from the barrier than anything can hit you `-`

Yumidesu 11-23-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_john (Post 1058580)
omg o.o i didnt know they had a getup combo...

but ya agree 100% w/ rob.. use everything or die lol

also moon barrier is a double edge sword.. ryan has more zone control because if ur hiding near the barrier he can use an AoE or stun or freeze, but their normal shots dont hit you lol. but if ur far from the barrier than anything can hit you `-`

._. You didn't? Everyone past Yuki can dash 8way after wake-up. Arien, Krieg, Kali, Ryan, and Asuka. owo

Also, isn't the only thing they can hit you with being Burning Land and Sulfur Rain? Since Amp and Freezes are projectiles, MB should block them. :/

silklash 11-23-2009 01:32 PM

how is moon barrier double edge... same thing if it wasnt there, just u have a nice block O_O u can still move thru it so it doesnt hurt u in any way

Gladiat 11-23-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandiko (Post 1065529)
._. You didn't? Everyone past Yuki can dash 8way after wake-up. Arien, Krieg, Kali, Ryan, and Asuka. owo

Also, isn't the only thing they can hit you with being Burning Land and Sulfur Rain? Since Amp and Freezes are projectiles, MB should block them. :/

Those things can go through o_O

MB can't block stuff like iron bomb, amp, rapid railgun etc.

Lunar 11-23-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandiko (Post 1065529)

krieg came out before yuki

MB blocks explosive projectiles, basically single hit projectiles
freeze is a single hit projectile, but the freeze is piercing

Quote:

Originally Posted by silklash (Post 1065738)
how is moon barrier double edge... same thing if it wasnt there, just u have a nice block O_O u can still move thru it so it doesnt hurt u in any way

it so too is double edged...

Yumidesu 11-24-2009 12:34 PM

^And how is that?

Lunar 11-24-2009 12:52 PM

ryan has a bunch of skills that hover over the area.. and are fast casting
u can do something like... if eir was bottom right u can stand at top left of the mb
wut would eir do.. throw pieces or something... then u invinci right strafe cancel ironbomb
eir either wastes LS, gets hit or runs away.. away = away from barrier = easy to catch
if the eir doesn't throw pieces... then... she's just prolonging her death, non of her other skills do enough dmg at that distance or would just be a waste

u can probably just amp from far away dash up and eir would be either top right of mb = easier to catch or some other scenario i can't think of at the moment

Gladiat 11-24-2009 04:14 PM

Easy way... Amp directly at moon barrier and iron bomb the other direction she runs from (If you're both facing left, you amp at the barrier, if Eir runs down, iron bomb up), then you can just slideshot and >>A turn S.

It works pretty well. You can also pin Eir between both if you want with iron bomb before amp then you just slide shot >>A turn S.

Works for me... but Eir might waste LS

Yumidesu 11-24-2009 06:38 PM

I don't see how it's a waste if it saves you from a 1.2k~2k Iron Bomb + Stun or a 1k+ damage from amp. @_@