/gg FTW! Stalker

TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack
Default Damage in PvP

I've been wondering what everyone thinks about the damage in PvP.

I could do a nado dfist ff whirling voke-reset hammer xcut combo and be done with you. I could OHKO you with mine-bs on my tia, do 30 space resets on my eir into bind fog pieces, freeze reset you on my yuki, or spam the hell out of you on my dainn. What I don't get is why anybody does any of that.

I could also continue to play like I do right now. Every match, I continue to try to do the sickest combos that I can, like 4+ wm cancels in a row, or a 720. While those things are cool and all, I lose to nearly everyone in my tier because of the damage issue.

Should I just accept the fact that the only thing GLunia PvPers want is wins? Should there be any reasonable level of skill behind wins, or anything goes?

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Last edited by TheDopi; 11-07-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

First rule is that anything goes. You do what you can to win.

When a portion of the community that can win consistently with no rules finds it boring, they develop more rules to restrict themselves and make PvP more interesting and challenging.

In other words, restricted matches ("etiquette", no infinites, etc) should only happen when the player knows that he can win without restrictions, but he decides against it.

11-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

winning = satisfaction of accomplishment, til they find it boring, and the rest is what shadow5ya said
not everybody thinks of pulling an awesome combo as an accomplishment
the rest of us who appreciate the elaborateness of the game will choose to combo instead

11-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi

I could do a nado dfist ff whirling voke-reset hammer xcut combo and be done with you. I could OHKO you with mine-bs on my tia, do 30 space resets on my eir into bind fog pieces, freeze reset you on my yuki, or spam the hell out of you on my dainn. What I don't get is why anybody does any of that.

I could also continue to play like I do right now. Every match, I continue to try to do the sickest combos that I can, like 4+ wm cancels in a row, or a 720. While those things are cool and all, I lose to nearly everyone in my tier because of the damage issue.

Should I just accept the fact that the only thing GLunia PvPers want is wins? Should there be any reasonable level of skill behind wins, or anything goes?
y not bust a kstyle and win with combos... the satisfaction there is very good...
there is a sieg in klunia who does that.. he does like 10 wm cancels.. with full wm's etc i'd say he's around #5 as a sieg, ppl call him a showoff but he doesn't care, all that matters is he can do what he set his mind to

u can always do wut i usually do..
first life or two play however u like. last life try to go all out
u need practice for all out once in a while and having it basically 1:3 lives is pretty fun
the things u listed above like nado dfist blah blah wutever it takes to win...
that's actually quite fun too, i did that vs haagendazs and it keeps u on ur toes no boredom on either side
the games are so fast it keeps u wanting more cause it just wasn't long enough

Last edited by Lunar; 11-07-2009 at 07:43 PM.

11-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
iko
ggFTW Addict

iko is on a distinguished road

yeah its true, many people get pissed off and do whatever is necessary to win. (Even switching characters to some cash characters for an advantage). I admit there are moments where I myself get frustrated but... it's not worth it. I'm not going to spend cash or start maxing crosscut... (not that maxing crosscut is cheap) <.<

Butt, all the things you listed does take skill to do too(i think). Unless you have crazy out of the world mind blowing damage because of your crazy cold shining +15 best general equipment, then yeah, pretty easy to win.

You should know, unless you're #1, there's always someone better than you. And the fun in challenging someone hard to beat is something you might want to try.

PVP to improve - Fusion motto.

11-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

since u dont like doing the nado dfist stuff u can always try maxing comboing skills
like kicking and xcut.. it allows for combos that actually do dmg

11-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Squishable is on a distinguished road

He could just borrow EonSin's hax dmg equips.

11-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
since u dont like doing the nado dfist stuff u can always try maxing comboing skills
like kicking and xcut.. it allows for combos that actually do dmg
Aye, that's what I'll do!

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

11-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi

Should I just accept the fact that the only thing GLunia PvPers want is wins?

anything goes?
What i think is damage shouldnt be everything for PvP. Sure, people can say "Balanced is Broken", but that doesnt change the fact of winning or losing. Its like holding in a football game, if the ref. doesnt see it, then it never happend. Here is an example, A 6''4 weighting at a 245 for football=BUFF, does that mean anything to the WHOLE team? 1 Person can not, i mean never change a whole team in regards to winning. "There is no I in Teamwork" But back to my point, Damage is only a usage to increase the players attack/ w/e you want such as str and what not but what is most required is talent. Talent and Damage are 2 different things. Talent is brought up by your experience and origninality towards Lunia. Im not saying everything will have the talent to win but trying counts ^^''

Should I just accept the fact that the only thing GLunia PvPers want is wins? Yes you should beacuse in life people will do anything to earn a job will they not? People will practice in their major's and minors to earn what is called a living. People will do anything for a win.

I wish i could find my old post about my style of kstyle. iunno if you had seen it or not.

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

11-10-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice

people just need to humble themselves and accept some people are better, so they'll be able to be satisfied with/proud of taking 2/3 lives from the better player instead of winning
i mean im not even like that half the time.. but when i am, i realize how it's a much better mindset

11-10-2009   #11 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
Should I just accept the fact that the only thing GLunia PvPers want is wins? Yes you should beacuse in life people will do anything to earn a job will they not? People will practice in their major's and minors to earn what is called a living. People will do anything for a win.
That's an understatement imo. The essence of your post makes it seems that its hard work, relentless, endurance ( etc good traits ) that carry one to the top while the easiest way is actually to pacify the ego of the 'best' and hopes he impart some tricks and techniques to you. It doesn't need to be mutually exclusive within versions. The same irony why rules and restrictions came up. Oh, and obviously not everyone is like these.

Not a bad move even in real life actually, just that creativity gets suck dry.

edit: no one understands that Im referring to some pros that suck up to klunia's elite to become an elite here? /gg creativity , real talent in game.

Last edited by whitepage; 11-11-2009 at 08:14 PM.

11-10-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
Should I just accept the fact that the only thing GLunia PvPers want is wins? Yes you should because in life people will do anything to earn a job will they not? People will practice in their major's and minors to earn what is called a living. People will do anything for a win.

I wish i could find my old post about my style of kstyle. iunno if you had seen it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
That's an understatement imo. The essence of your post makes it seems that its hard work, relentless, endurance ( etc good traits ) that carry one to the top while the easiest way is actually to pacify the ego of the 'best' and hopes he impart some tricks and techniques to you. It doesn't need to be mutually exclusive within versions. The same irony why rules and restrictions came up. Oh, and obviously not everyone is like these.

Not a bad move even in real life actually, just that creativity gets suck dry.
Off topic: If you want to know how to get to the top, and you don't mind being calculating, cold-hearted, and constantly vigilant, go read "The 48 Laws of Power".

11-10-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

ON TOPIC: I don't see how anything has changed all that much, it always seemed like everyone died in 2-4 combos it's just that the numbers got way bigger and the newer classes can do it much easier than the older classes. I've always seen dainns and tias do half hp combos since last year and to a lesser extent siegs with a huge 50+ combo would do that and eir's sleep bind.

Now everyone has the shortcut to massive damage. The only thing that hasn't really evolved is new players wanting you to follow manners for your old class but thinking their new class has no manner rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbows
people just need to humble themselves and accept some people are better, so they'll be able to be satisfied with/proud of taking 2/3 lives from the better player instead of winning
i mean im not even like that half the time.. but when i am, i realize how it's a much better mindset
i agree with this. but it's just so damn hard. some days i just won't say anything but some days i can't contain the rage.

it's like when friends come over and we play NHL, it's fun and exciting but sometimes the game just favours one team and then rage sets in and we have to stop playing before fists come out.

11-10-2009   #14 (permalink)
iko
ggFTW Addict

iko is on a distinguished road

if you find cheap winning not that satisfying you can always play naked. when u win u can gloat all you want.

or get some skills at lvl 1 and gloat about that sht.

and if you get tired of losing, then what the hell...

got all kinds of options

there is no meaning to winning or losing, unless its for money.

you can make up a special reason, but it doesn't really matter much nowadays... its just a game

Last edited by iko; 11-10-2009 at 03:05 PM.

11-10-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ProjectLuniaX is on a distinguished road
IGN: ProjectSiegX
Class: Sieg,SIeg,SIEg,SIEG!!!!! lu_sieg
Level: Lv 67 RB'ed Twice
Guild: iReject =)

Well, like what you said to me before dopz, almost nearly everyone wants damage>combos and sick style. Their definition of "pro" is winning as much matches as you can and beating everyone. While mine and some others is being able to do the hardest combos in the game or long ones consistently, even if it means losing. btw idc about the attitude, if your pro you earned the right to brag to people =P
ProjectSiegX - Lvl 67:32
ProjectDainnX Lvl 57:22
Shoriyuken Lvl 70:11
ProjectLimeX Lvl 58:3
ProjectAsukaX Lvl 43:10

11-10-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

I dun wanna ba rude but lv 9 SS + CMS isn't that sick anymore but does a hell load of dmg

11-10-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkster
I dun wanna ba rude but lv 9 SS + CMS isn't that sick anymore but does a hell load of dmg
lol when was the last time you pvped me? i dont use that combo as much as i used to. I only use it when 1) the guy im fighting has hax armor talking about max dfist doing 800 on the guy. and 2) if i run out of skills to hit the guy with or am not in a position to windmill out. and most of the time i use SS for under shifting instead of for skills CMS i only use with nado the 3rd bounce

11-10-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkster
its only not sick because of how everyone does it... it's always after the same skills

11-10-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
its only not sick because of how everyone does it... it's always after the same skills
hmm, only once i see with it not is JinUS, Me, Full, Light but he barley goes on anymore. And some guy i forgot the name of. btw IMO SS CMS FF under shifting or windmill is pretty sick to me =P

11-10-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

oh yea you should add to your thread the greatest shortcut for high dmg: stay high enough lvl to get the skill dmg boost but low lvl enough your dmg doesnt get nerfed
a lot of good comboers like to claim they dont care about dmg, thus being "fair", but they like to stick to around lvl 66/67 for the damage boost `-`
they like to combo but they also like to use a strong attack as soon as they touch you, like dash as whirling for 500 each hit or dash as cbd and then proceed with a long combo