ElswordLunia

Leca has a spectacular aura aboutLeca has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Leca
Class: Runeslayer to_raccoon
Level: 48
Guild: AppleTree/Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_john
I always PvP cuz stage is hard for me (except on Krieg lol)
its about as hard as dodging rocks EH JOHN?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-12-2009   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leca
its about as hard as dodging rocks EH JOHN?
rocks in m4 is hard ok!

11-13-2009   #43 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
1. No one says you can't get better at it.
2. There are more ways to contribute to a myth party than just dps.

Disregarding the blatant contradiction across this post... fighting a naked lv 1 when you have 501+ str is challenging? Solo bapho w/o rb skills isn't challenging?

...sry, the entire pvp>stage or vice versa thing has become a bit of a pet peeve for me.
Maybe I should rephrase. What I meant to say was that PvPers can change it up much easier than stages can. Baph has only a couple attacks that, when learned, are fairly easy to dodge. Also, I was talking about 4,5,6-10L and myth like Yumiko said.

Who the hell would fight a level 1 while wearing 501str, or at all for that matter?

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Last edited by TheDopi; 11-13-2009 at 12:43 AM.

11-13-2009   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi
Maybe I should rephrase. What I meant to say was that PvPers can change it up much easier than stages can. Baph has only a couple attacks that, when learned, are fairly easy to dodge. Also, I was talking about 4,5,6-10L and myth like Yumiko said.
Funny, I'd think it's the reverse. If pvp you only have the singular objective of defeating your opponent ('with style', in your case). With stages you can simply clear the stage, or you can clear the stage as fast you can, solo a stage intended for a party of 12, try going through the stage without taking a single point of damage, etc, you get the idea. (If this isn't what you're talking about, it would be because 'change it up' is an incredibly ambiguous phrase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi
Who the hell would fight a level 1 while wearing 501str, or at all for that matter?
Someone who doesn't want to use the kick function out of courtesy? I've had plenty of people join my rooms and ready up when it's damn clear that they're woefully outmatched. I guess I should rephrase as well: What challenge is there to fighting someone who you know you're going to beat? If you want to do 'innovative' combos, you might as well go to practice field. If your challenge is to win with more and more constraints placed upon yourself, start playing as a lv 1.

But debates like this are really pointless. It's all a matter of one's own arbitrary preferences and no one is going to back off on what they think is 'THE BEST PART ABOUT DA GAME LOLOLOL'. However, the fact of the matter is as you said in your OP: Between lolryan and lol501str and lolockos, PvP is pretty damn broken beyond repair. You can try to rebalance it with those silly courtesy rules that we all have a vague idea of, but without anything concrete, it's ultimately meaningless seeing how we discard said rules at the first sign of anything serious. I've said it months ago: the only thing that can remotely rescue pvp at this stage is balanced getting a massive (like x10-x20) hp boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
y hi rumah... i thought u were soryn
it look liek i wuz 4a sec but den i got bettah

11-13-2009   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

^
that... only myth is crap
doing raids even at 80 is hard to solo
i can do myth (the normal stages other ones will be called myth raids) without using a single potion (excluding mp pots)

only thing stages dont provide is the excitement and that rush!
but how u play it.. there is no rush since "y does everyone go all out"
faster games provide the fun in action/fighting games.
fighting games have a timer of 99 secs... same as 1:30 the requirement to get pvp exp

for all who say we die too fast..
lunia has 3 lives... not 1 like the other games..
a 3min game is already as long as most pvp matches in other games and that's like the minimum

Last edited by Lunar; 11-13-2009 at 11:26 AM.

11-15-2009   #46 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Dakness is on a distinguished road
Class: Dual-Wielder,Wizard,Satanic Bard,Healer,Puppeteer

You dont really need to win. Though im a uber PvPer, winning is good but not really important. What can you really gain? Is it worthwhile whining and talking bad? TBH its just a game. Some people really get worked up at times but i dont think most GLunian players want is winning. Though in PvP you could either deal alot of damage and not care how the combo looks like or do the best combos you could despite if its either weak/strong.

11-18-2009   #47 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58

in pvp on my tia in 4v4 sometimes i dont even count my kills... i just count how many backstabs i did lol