MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-20-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Squishable is on a distinguished road
Default KStyle and Dragon Rock.

Okay I was doing the usual, making fun of Amysama for constantly using AAS instead of poke when I finally get to fought her. Because I have level 1 skills I seriously overused Dragon Rock, and then she starts betching over me at the end. The apparent reason she kicked me was because "Dragon Rock is against KStyle rules". And, I apparently "attempted" to BCB Trap (Silly Amy I only DDB Trap, BCB is ugh).

So I just need some clarification. Is the infamous almighty Dragon Rock against KStyle ?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Lu2ia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lu2ia
Class: Eir

To answer your question, No; however, the way that most of people use is Yes.
Elaborated Answer :
If you can continue combo after Dragon-Rock, Yes
If you can't continue combo after Dragon-Rock, No

09-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack

AA >> AS Dragon Rock run spam etc is against the rules
AA >> AS Dragon Rock >> Hand >> >> AS ... is not

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

09-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi
Thank you.

Proof Squishy.

09-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi
i dont think dragon rock run and spam is the against
spamming itself is the against kstyle

09-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

nothing wrong with dragon rock.

09-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts
nothing wrong with dragon rock.
Of course. Taking over 2k damage with 2 skills. Nothing wrong with that.

Spoiler!

09-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

I've always wondered if you are ever against KStyle yourself, Yumiko. After all, isn't the point of Kstyle to combo as long as possible? The longer the combo, the longer the victim is trapped and unable to do anything but take more dmg. At least people can defend or dodge against spamming. Doesn't the fact that combos are by definition an inescapable series to attacks chained together go against the idea that "large dmg is discouraged"?

Just curious.

09-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58

^TBH I wonder why people even ask her stuff like that since she never listens anyway

But ya, in my opinion KStyle is really dumb `-` I mean it's one thing to limit yourself but they should be different for each person if you want to improve... no set rules or anything... like say you want to get better at comboing, so of course you don't want to use Fire Orb and fury. But if you want to get better at aiming with projectiles and mindgames, then you'd probably just want to combo less.

The thing about Kstyle is.... THIS IS GLUNIA!!! Stop trying to do it how Koreans do it.... just because they get the patches before us doesn't mean they're better than us (though a lot of their pvpers are, lol). We as a community develop differently and have our own ways... I don't see the point in trying to enforce arbitrary rules on everyone and expecting everyone to know what they are. And even then, the classes still aren't balanced in KStyle... For example, Tia can do everything but BS and TLS I think... so they can still OHKO with everything else while other classes get limited a lot more. Ya sure Dragon Rock is 2k+ dmg but most of the people that use it are easily catchable after since they only run up down left or right after casting it.

tl;dr kstyle is dumb

o ya and if u get 2k+ in dragon rock that means the person didnt put points in other skills so whenever i see a high lvl dragon rock im ok with it since they usually have like lvl 1 fire orb or fire bomb or something lol

09-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

^Go fight Marq! 13/11 Fire orb ._.

Quote:
Quote:
i dont think dragon rock run and spam is the against
spamming itself is the against kstyle
It becomes illegal as soon as you get from "Rock" to anything that doesnt continue the combo (or try to).

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

09-21-2009   #11 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

So I can do dAS Dragon Rock [Mana Extension] end and it's illegal. But I can do dAS Abyss Rain [Mana Extension] and it's not? Or is just dropping a combo illegal? You can't softban anything like that. I could simply Dragon Rock and purposely whiff a Hand, then lie and claim I was "trying to continue the combo" when all I wanted was the room to use Extension, and you would have no proof of it being otherwise.

Best rules ever, guys.

09-21-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_john
^TBH I wonder why people even ask her stuff like that since she never listens anyway

But ya, in my opinion KStyle is really dumb `-` I mean it's one thing to limit yourself but they should be different for each person if you want to improve... no set rules or anything... like say you want to get better at comboing, so of course you don't want to use Fire Orb and fury. But if you want to get better at aiming with projectiles and mindgames, then you'd probably just want to combo less.

The thing about Kstyle is.... THIS IS GLUNIA!!! Stop trying to do it how Koreans do it.... just because they get the patches before us doesn't mean they're better than us (though a lot of their pvpers are, lol). We as a community develop differently and have our own ways... I don't see the point in trying to enforce arbitrary rules on everyone and expecting everyone to know what they are. And even then, the classes still aren't balanced in KStyle... For example, Tia can do everything but BS and TLS I think... so they can still OHKO with everything else while other classes get limited a lot more. Ya sure Dragon Rock is 2k+ dmg but most of the people that use it are easily catchable after since they only run up down left or right after casting it.

tl;dr kstyle is dumb

o ya and if u get 2k+ in dragon rock that means the person didnt put points in other skills so whenever i see a high lvl dragon rock im ok with it since they usually have like lvl 1 fire orb or fire bomb or something lol
lol
u know u play with kstyle without knowing it
before the buffs and nerfing the original kstyle is already integrated into glunia playstyle almost everyone follows it nowadays
aka
mdef, protfort on sieg vs sieg, etc
other stuff like dolls to remove annoying wari, icequeen were fixed by allm themselves by making balance mode (icequeen's hp is less than the players in balance mode)

then during the buff klunias nerfed chars to make a different kstyle
and then glunians, steal parts of it and say its part of kstyle instead of taking the whole thing

09-21-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety
So I can do dAS Dragon Rock [Mana Extension] end and it's illegal. But I can do dAS Abyss Rain [Mana Extension] and it's not? Or is just dropping a combo illegal? You can't softban anything like that. I could simply Dragon Rock and purposely whiff a Hand, then lie and claim I was "trying to continue the combo" when all I wanted was the room to use Extension, and you would have no proof of it being otherwise.

Best rules ever, guys.
Or you could have an ounce of integrity o.o

09-21-2009   #14 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
Of course. Taking over 2k damage with 2 skills. Nothing wrong with that.

Spoiler!
Nado and Dfist do around 2k damage to me. And I believe that's allowed under kstyle's rules.

09-21-2009   #15 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
I've always wondered if you are ever against KStyle yourself, Yumiko. After all, isn't the point of Kstyle to combo as long as possible? The longer the combo, the longer the victim is trapped and unable to do anything but take more dmg. At least people can defend or dodge against spamming. Doesn't the fact that combos are by definition an inescapable series to attacks chained together go against the idea that "large dmg is discouraged"?

Just curious.
In an all out match, the damage per mana point is what made Kstyle to be implemented. I know it's pretty obvious, but I'll use Dainn as an example.

A max CBD after AAdAS is a no decay Dragon, right? A 3-hit Dragon does 1,350 damage average in Balance for about 450 per hit. But the estimated range is 1,200~1,600 damage. It also costs like 200 MP? I think. Not sure. Anyways...
1,350 damage for 200 MP. That's balanced. But if you use a Dragon at max decay, it deals, on average, 150 per hit. That's almost 500 damage for 200-ish MP. Which is why people who are actually good at comboing often use it at max decay. Heh.

But look at Kali's Rhapsody of Blood. It costs 200~250 MP or something for 350x6. That equals 2,100 damage. Not to mention it has a one second sleep effect. Which is my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_john

tl;dr kstyle is dumb

Yeah. TLS and BS are taken from Tia. Unfortunately, most Tias use max Mines and FTK. So I see where you're coming from. Kstyle, I believe, was originally made so players could have a more fair match instead of a match ending in 10 seconds. People like to win with dignity and believe that it was worth it. What do you get from beating some high-end professional PvPer by spamming your strongest skills then knocking them down at 0 HP? (But they would've won if they were that skilled, but that's not my point.) You've always went all out. As far as I know, and I hate to be so judgmental and critical of someone like you, you've never actually played fair. You've always customized your build to deal the most damage with the least MP consumption in the least amount of time. AKA, max Dodge, Fog, Tears, Spirit, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
Nado and Dfist do around 2k damage to me. And I believe that's allowed under kstyle's rules.
Then something is wrong. Dfist only does 1.3k~1.5k even after a space reset when the Tornadoes pick them back up for a 0 decay dfist. Unless they use Rage for a critical Dfist. :/ Even then, Nado + Dfist is considered rude. Not banned. It's permitted, but considered rude to use.

09-21-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
In an all out match, the damage per mana point is what made Kstyle to be implemented. I know it's pretty obvious, but I'll use Dainn as an example.

A max CBD after AAdAS is a no decay Dragon, right? A 3-hit Dragon does 1,350 damage average in Balance for about 450 per hit. But the estimated range is 1,200~1,600 damage. It also costs like 200 MP? I think. Not sure. Anyways...
1,350 damage for 200 MP. That's balanced. But if you use a Dragon at max decay, it deals, on average, 150 per hit. That's almost 500 damage for 200-ish MP. Which is why people who are actually good at comboing often use it at max decay. Heh.

But look at Kali's Rhapsody of Blood. It costs 200~250 MP or something for 350x6. That equals 2,100 damage. Not to mention it has a one second sleep effect. Which is my point.

Yeah. TLS and BS are taken from Tia. Unfortunately, most Tias use max Mines and FTK. So I see where you're coming from. Kstyle, I believe, was originally made so players could have a more fair match instead of a match ending in 10 seconds. People like to win with dignity and believe that it was worth it. What do you get from beating some high-end professional PvPer by spamming your strongest skills then knocking them down at 0 HP? (But they would've won if they were that skilled, but that's not my point.) You've always went all out. As far as I know, and I hate to be so judgmental and critical of someone like you, you've never actually played fair. You've always customized your build to deal the most damage with the least MP consumption in the least amount of time. AKA, max Dodge, Fog, Tears, Spirit, etc.

Then something is wrong. Dfist only does 1.3k~1.5k even after a space reset when the Tornadoes pick them back up for a 0 decay dfist. Unless they use Rage for a critical Dfist. :/ Even then, Nado + Dfist is considered rude. Not banned. It's permitted, but considered rude to use.
yes!! a counter that doesn't include what i said
i love the bolded part too since i've yet to see a single klunian who doesn't do it first, they even make their builds center off it, aka lvl 2 nado

guess i should add a few more kstyle stuff
banning is considered ilmannered(not a word but u can get the point)
also complaining about ppl using it is also ilmannered, klunians do not complain they'll just beat u with or without the kstyle doesn't matter
they probably take it as a way to train or as a challenge.

Last edited by Lunar; 09-21-2009 at 07:47 PM.

09-21-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Bloodline ChampionsRumble FighterEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event Winner

silklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura about
Guild: Fusion

if u have to use CBD at max decay, that means u just fail at comboing and ran out of skills

09-21-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

DivineRoyalty will become famous soon enough
IGN: SupportPrincess
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: 73

Quote:
Really... is it that hard to accept that builds aren't much of a factor anymore in kstyle?? What is kstyle in our GLUNIA SERVER?

I wonder how you expect an eir to fight now. No pieces, tears, fog, HS, bind, dodge.... actually I don't feel like listing EVERY ATTACK SKILL. Do you expect eirs to fight with heals? If you can make up some way to do that then I'll gladly reset/re-make my eir to do that. I wonder if you would ban that as well.

I don't get why its so hard to accept that builds are meant for efficiency. I don't know that much about kstyle or "good manners" but I know that you're just basically telling everyone to do what you think is going to give you an advantage. Of course you're going to be able to express your opinion no matter what but I think it would be better if you just kept it with yourself or discussed it with a friend.

09-21-2009   #19 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

I don't restrict Eirs. o.o Other than Moonbind.

I was saying that john has never restricted himself or played fair. That's all.

I've beat plenty of Eirs that max Holy Spirit, Bind, Fog, JoG, Dodge, Tears, etc.

Oh, and I'm not trying to make people limit themselves so much to the point that I have a better advantage. Great example of an Eir is EternalSky. FS Eir, but still manages to beat me because of her first hits. You just completely raped me for two reasons.

1. Eir vs Tia...Tia is liek, dead ok.
2. You go all out. As most Eirs in Glunia do.

09-21-2009   #20 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
I don't restrict Eirs. o.o Other than Moonbind.

I was saying that john has never restricted himself or played fair. That's all.

I've beat plenty of Eirs that max Holy Spirit, Bind, Fog, JoG, Dodge, Tears, etc.

Oh, and I'm not trying to make people limit themselves so much to the point that I have a better advantage. Great example of an Eir is EternalSky. FS Eir, but still manages to beat me because of her first hits. You just completely raped me for two reasons.

1. Eir vs Tia...Tia is liek, dead ok.
2. You go all out. As most Eirs in Glunia do.
What are you talking about? John is one of the fairest playing Eirs in glunia. Also one of the funnest eirs to 1v1 and pvp with in general. John starts almost all of his combos with melee's and usually never uses sleep. Honestly I have no idea what your talking about, john is one of the fairest in my and many other peoples opinions.