09-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

lodwyvern is on a distinguished road
IGN: CentVentus
Class: Ralph
Level: 8x
Guild: Oketsu
Talking Looking for knight help

Hey, I need a pvp knight who can help me out with some of the tactics and basics of pvping. I know about combos but I need help with catching people for starters and etc. Also some shifts off skills. So if anyone will volunteer

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ProjectLuniaX is on a distinguished road
IGN: ProjectSiegX
Class: Sieg,SIeg,SIEg,SIEG!!!!! lu_sieg
Level: Lv 67 RB'ed Twice
Guild: iReject =)

uhm im not as good as the other siegs out there but ill do it i can only play on the weekends though so tommorow if its fine for u

09-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack

Run a full circle around the practice field (including the two areas across the bridge) using only sidestep and windmill. Come back when you can do that.... Now reverse it!

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

09-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Um, he said BASICS. Not the impossible nub Dopi. ;o;

09-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDopi
Run a full circle around the practice field (including the two areas across the bridge) using only sidestep and windmill. Come back when you can do that.... Now reverse it!
At least spout something YOU can do before you tell a new Sieg to do it.

I'd offer my help but I am by no means profeccient with my Sieg anymore.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

09-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
At least spout something YOU can do before you tell a new Sieg to do it.

I'd offer my help but I am by no means profeccient with my Sieg anymore.
we can do that.. he never said to hit a crow..
that's just movement practice. first thing i learned on sieg

09-11-2009   #7 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

Yeah. Because you totally have to master sidestepping around an entire area and windmilling to be any good at Sieg. Especially with the basics.
Spoiler!

09-11-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

If you can't control a Sieg's movement very well, gg. SS and WM aren't difficult to me, Skieg, they come naturally now without fail.

On topic: Learn to move using only Sidestep and Windmill, that is, do it for a couple matches without failing it too much. Move only by starting with "s" then dashing into sidestep or windmill.

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Last edited by TheDopi; 09-11-2009 at 01:36 PM.

09-11-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
Yeah. Because you totally have to master sidestepping around an entire area and windmilling to be any good at Sieg. Especially with the basics.
Spoiler!
i remember ur comment about "i ccan't get used to direction after whirling sword"
or something like that

now we know y.. sidestep wm practice as a basic makes it so much easier

09-11-2009   #10 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Yeah. I never could. Why? Because it's a constant change of direction.

If it was a sidestep to the enemy after WS, then sure. But no....

You have to AAdAS WS dash out in a 90 degree angle, sidestep to the enemy, dash at them, then hit them.

So, you have to figure if you're going to use A+S or A+Space for the sidestep. <_< Not to mention the constant change of direction taht you have to keep in mind. I can actually do 180 WMs more successfully than WS cancels.

Edit: While I admit that sidestepping helps A LOT, like Tia's rolling...you can still do very good without it. '-' Especially since the Sieg patch. WM seems a bit useless. Even if you're good at doing 360s or 180s, it's only to buy CD time. Which is a whole 1-3 seconds for days of practice.

09-11-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Level: 56+

Quote:
If you can't control a Sieg's movement very well, gg. SS and WM aren't difficult to me, Skieg, they come naturally now without fail.

On topic: Learn to move using only Sidestep and Windmill, that is, do it for a couple matches without failing it too much. Move only by starting with "s" then dashing into sidestep or windmill.
Ah, I was under the impression you were telling him to hit one crow around the entire practice field with only windmill and side steps which is utterly impossible even for Mysticalone who is the king of windmills. Far as movement practice, I guess going around PF would be a decent way to practice it but I'd say just do stages and try to make full use of the quick dodge capabilities of sidestepping and windmilling, that's what I did. I feel the added pressure of being able to be hit really adds to the use of practicing. Course, you could just go directly to PvP and do it.

If you haven't already, I'd say just learn all the mechanics about both the game and your character. Things like shifting, whirling cancel, the uses of side stepping and windmilling, how and when your basic A strings connect and such. Learning things individually is much more efficient than learning combos or something.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

09-11-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I'm the king of windmills -.-

For catching people, learn mind games. If I run in a circle constantly (from a spammer for example), then the spammer will have a super easy time predicting me. Often, people have certain patterns they use without even knowing it. I find that the best way to beat someone near my skill level is to play them 5+ times to learn how they play.

If you have specific questions I can help over this forum (could do some PM's), but I don't play any more so ya.

09-12-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ProjectLuniaX is on a distinguished road
IGN: ProjectSiegX
Class: Sieg,SIeg,SIEg,SIEG!!!!! lu_sieg
Level: Lv 67 RB'ed Twice
Guild: iReject =)

Quote:
I'm the king of windmills -.-

For catching people, learn mind games. If I run in a circle constantly (from a spammer for example), then the spammer will have a super easy time predicting me. Often, people have certain patterns they use without even knowing it. I find that the best way to beat someone near my skill level is to play them 5+ times to learn how they play.

If you have specific questions I can help over this forum (could do some PM's), but I don't play any more so ya.
man dopi why did u quit anyways? i wanna fight u xD

09-12-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Eh I quit to get a life even though I wanted to keep playing, but now that I've been away for a couple weeks, I really feel no draw to the game. Actually, when I was asked earlier by someone to log on for a couple fights, I got the distinct feeling of not wanting to play in the least.

On topic: Also, lodwyvern, try to learn to use counter attack. It was one of the harder things for me to learn.

09-12-2009   #15 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

^It was? O.o Efficient use of counterattack was the easiest thing for me. Then again, I have hax prediction skills and usually did Counter on wake-up then did dAS or Voke dAS after they were countered. :x

09-13-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Ultra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Eh I quit to get a life even though I wanted to keep playing, but now that I've been away for a couple weeks, I really feel no draw to the game. Actually, when I was asked earlier by someone to log on for a couple fights, I got the distinct feeling of not wanting to play in the least.

On topic: Also, lodwyvern, try to learn to use counter attack. It was one of the harder things for me to learn.
Dopi! We still need to meet in real life when I go to North CA! I am sorry you quit, you were one of the greats. Also to non believers, TheDopi has done a 1080 in PVP WM and also can control air in practice field like nothing. ^_^ I will miss you Dopi and may join you in a month or two away from the Lunia of Doooooooom.

On Topic: You may ask me anything about how to combo or fight against certain classes lodwyvern! I will help as best I can. ^_^

Last edited by Ultra; 09-13-2009 at 05:15 AM.

09-13-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

lodwyvern is on a distinguished road
IGN: CentVentus
Class: Ralph
Level: 8x
Guild: Oketsu

My igns are CentTonitrus, or CenturionGlacies. Dopi, are you trying to make me commit suicide? >:O. I'll ideally be playing on weekends cause of school also.

Have learned to use counter, it works wonders. I need to learn about shifting off crosscut, have done it once to this day.

And Ultra, didnt we do that myth kanhel raid together haha. and how can I beat ryan's and sometimes i find it hard to get eirs down. my main source of damage comes frome sniping with blow then using IH for now. I wanna learn long and annoying combos tho ^^

Last edited by lodwyvern; 09-13-2009 at 06:23 AM.

09-13-2009   #18 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Shifting off of CC? o.o That's easy. It's just CC (1) Space shift AAAA/AAAS

09-13-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

If CC is maxed, you might be best off leaving it at two hits and do CC space >>A *windmill or kicking*

09-13-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
If CC is maxed, you might be best off leaving it at two hits and do CC space >>A *windmill or kicking*
u can still shift off two hit xcut the same way.. ur just off center by a lot
this also means half dash and wall shift works fine