Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-01-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy
Like I said, it's all about circulating between rooms so you can gain exp from all of them.
u make it sound like there's a game ending every minute. it's about the same amount of time as playing the room since as shadow said u get more exp from kills (although i dunno if that's true but he said so)

if the room is random u'd most likely join to the losing team
losing team always has members quitting so it has less ppl and i'tll put u there

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-01-2009   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Melancholy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
u make it sound like there's a game ending every minute. it's about the same amount of time as playing the room since as shadow said u get more exp from kills (although i dunno if that's true but he said so)

if the room is random u'd most likely join to the losing team
losing team always has members quitting so it has less ppl and i'tll put u there
That's why you watch and join the winning team. Anyway, battlefield is pretty popular so as long as you're online at the right time there's a high possibility that there's at least 1 room.

Also, the point of this thread is to provide updated information on these titles, not to claim that "someone" calculated that it would take 5 years to get to Grand Duke, without any evidence.

Last edited by Melancholy; 09-01-2009 at 11:24 AM.

09-01-2009   #23 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

His evidence was simple mathematics.
If you have to watch a game, so you know who's winning, and join that team, then its the same thing as actually playing the game, since you're watching it. You're spending the ame amount of time, trying to do the same thing.
Even having infinte 500% (so, 5 times faster right?), it would take 1 year 24/7 of constant play, and since you wont even get close to getting 500% permanently... then well, good luck getting a good title.
I think battlefield is rare enough as it is.... when I used to play i would see one every now and then, and just to add.. it wasn't fun

Either way, good job on the info i suppose.... and if anyone ever gets the duke titles..... may god have mercy on your soul.

09-01-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Using MMOKami's EXp Table, the total exp needed to get to specialty lv75 from scratch is 30,334,040. For the sake of argument, let's say that you get a constant 150 from each battle. That's about 20,227 battlefield matches you need to do. Let's say the average bf match is 12 mins, accounting for variations due to joining early or winning on the attacking side or starting a brand new bf that's not test1. That's about 242723 mins, which is 4045 hours, which is 169 days.

Of course you're not going to be playing 24/7, but you can easily get more than 150 exp for each match. I believe there's a quest in the practice field that gives exp for winning on the attacking side, and exp books makes things a lot faster, if what Melancholy says is true. Then there's also the fact that many people aren't starting from scratch, and some are fine with some of the lower titles. If you're just aiming for Count or Novice Duke, then the number of matches and time needed is cut down drastically.

I agree that the process is too long for a casual Lunian, but then again casuals wouldn't care so much about hax stats.

And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredgen
If you have to watch a game, so you know who's winning, and join that team, then its the same thing as actually playing the game, since you're watching it. You're spending the ame amount of time, trying to do the same thing.
Even having infinte 500% (so, 5 times faster right?), it would take 1 year 24/7 of constant play, and since you wont even get close to getting 500% permanently... then well, good luck getting a good title.
I think battlefield is rare enough as it is.... when I used to play i would see one every now and then, and just to add.. it wasn't fun

Either way, good job on the info i suppose.... and if anyone ever gets the duke titles..... may god have mercy on your soul.
Watching a game takes only a minute or two to figure out who's winning.

It may be rare for you, but at the same time it may be a dime a dozen for someone else. I bet Lunar sees 1v1s all the time, but when I log on the list of rooms doesn't even occupy the entire page. It's different for every person.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 09-01-2009 at 11:43 AM.

09-01-2009   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:

No, shadow's answer was mathematics. Neither of you have said exactly why it would take 5 years, nor have you given me evidence of this "someone" that apparently calculated it. I'm just going to ignore anymore posts you and Lunar create in this thread because all they're doing is bumping the thread and nothing more. Also, like shadow said, it doesn't take a whole game's time to figure out which team is winning/is going to win.

Last edited by Melancholy; 09-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.

09-01-2009   #26 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/536933-post24.html

09-01-2009   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Thanks for posting something useful Xpec.

Last edited by Melancholy; 09-01-2009 at 01:04 PM.

09-01-2009   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yeah, I didn't think about how many hours you could be playing in a single day.

It would take about 4045 hours to get Grand Duke from scratch. So then let's say that I play 3 hours a day. That's about 1349 days, which would be about 3.7 years. That's how long it'll probably take me if I had school every day of the year, or if I had a permanent full-time job.. But then there's always weekends and summer vacation for me.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 09-01-2009 at 01:06 PM.

09-01-2009   #29 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

^And exp events. ;p

Edit: Lolol, either Lunar or Bredgen -reped me and gave the reason "red is my favourite color". They don't even have the balls to say who it was either and to think, people from MMOG bash the ijji forums because it's full of kids.

Last edited by Melancholy; 09-01-2009 at 01:10 PM.

09-01-2009   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

Shadow's numbers....
20,000 matches * 150 exp/match = 3,000,000 exp of the listed 30,000,000ish. That [30,000,000] doesn't make sense tho because each level takes less than 200,000 exp, and there are fewer than 150 levels.

Actual total exp needed: 2,766,120
The last number looks like it's the 75 --> 76 number

Last edited by sentythee; 09-01-2009 at 01:24 PM.

09-01-2009   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Perhaps I mistyped some of the numbers. Let me try again just to make sure...

Edit:

Okay, I entered in the exp table into excel, and I'm getting 2,878,750 needed to get from lvl1 to 75. I must have added an extra zero when I typed it out before. Whoops...

Anyway, divide that number by 150 for the approximate number of matches you need, and you get 19191.6666......

Multiply that by 12 mins, and you get 230300 mins, which when divided by 60 is 3838 hours.

For me, I play an average of 3 hours each day, so if I divide 3838 by three, I get 1279.44444.... days. Let's round that to 1280. 1280 / 365.25 days gives... 3.505 years.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 09-01-2009 at 01:36 PM.

09-01-2009   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentythee
Shadow's numbers....
20,000 matches * 150 exp/match = 3,000,000 exp of the listed 30,000,000ish. That [30,000,000] doesn't make sense tho because each level takes less than 200,000 exp, and there are fewer than 150 levels.

Actual total exp needed: 2,766,120
The last number looks like it's the 75 --> 76 number
Wow, 2,766,120 is much lower than I thought from 1-75.

09-01-2009   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

So my calculations were close before, I just typed the total exp incorrectly. I got a different number the first time because I tried entering every single number into my calculator >_>

Either way, it'll take 3 to 4 years with moderate amounts of gameplay. However, some people probably play more than I do on average, and I'm sure most of those people aren't at lvl1 anyway. Itdefinitely will take some time, but it's not as impossible as that Taiwanese player made it out to be.

09-01-2009   #34 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

Quote:
No, shadow's answer was mathematics. Neither of you have said exactly why it would take 5 years, nor have you given me evidence of this "someone" that apparently calculated it. I'm just going to ignore anymore posts you and Lunar create in this thread because all they're doing is bumping the thread and nothing more. Also, like shadow said, it doesn't take a whole game's time to figure out which team is winning/is going to win.
You missed my point. But its okay.
Besides... since when was bumping a thread that's 2 hours old a crime?

Quote:
^And exp events. ;p

Edit: Lolol, either Lunar or Bredgen -reped me and gave the reason "red is my favourite color". They don't even have the balls to say who it was either and to think, people from MMOG bash the ijji forums because it's full of kids.
Why are you assuming it was me or Lunar?
And how do you know I wouldn't have the balls? Stop assuming, its as if your purposely trying to emulate the kids from ijji forums.
And no, I didn't -rep you, I don't even use that feature.

09-01-2009   #35 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

I believe the lower the level you are the more pvp and specialty exp you gain. Correct me if I'm wrong.

09-02-2009   #36 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
You missed my point. But its okay.
Besides... since when was bumping a thread that's 2 hours old a crime?

Why are you assuming it was me or Lunar?
And how do you know I wouldn't have the balls? Stop assuming, its as if your purposely trying to emulate the kids from ijji forums.
And no, I didn't -rep you, I don't even use that feature.
It was kind of obvious.

09-02-2009   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It was kind of obvious.
how to -rep... seriously.. lol
i have 4k posts but i have no idea how to rep ok! nor do i care to use it

but wut xpec brought is the post i remembered.. dunno y i remembered 5 instead of 9 though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Using MMOKami's EXp Table, the total exp needed to get to specialty lv75 from scratch is 30,334,040. For the sake of argument, let's say that you get a constant 150 from each battle. That's about 20,227 battlefield matches you need to do. Let's say the average bf match is 12 mins, accounting for variations due to joining early or winning on the attacking side or starting a brand new bf that's not test1. That's about 242723 mins, which is 4045 hours, which is 169 days.

Of course you're not going to be playing 24/7, but you can easily get more than 150 exp for each match. I believe there's a quest in the practice field that gives exp for winning on the attacking side, and exp books makes things a lot faster, if what Melancholy says is true. Then there's also the fact that many people aren't starting from scratch, and some are fine with some of the lower titles. If you're just aiming for Count or Novice Duke, then the number of matches and time needed is cut down drastically.

I agree that the process is too long for a casual Lunian, but then again casuals wouldn't care so much about hax stats.

And...

Watching a game takes only a minute or two to figure out who's winning.

It may be rare for you, but at the same time it may be a dime a dozen for someone else. I bet Lunar sees 1v1s all the time, but when I log on the list of rooms doesn't even occupy the entire page. It's different for every person.
actually i stay in pvp a lot more than u think and i see every wave of rooms that appear... including the event killing the pvp channel
i see battlefield many times, but i rarely see more than one actually full... meaning u wont even get ur avg 150 exp

btw about ultrafan being 25 he farmed it when battlefield came out when there were many games.
him and greyhowl got like lvl 20 in like a month? or something that's not possible anymore
and this was like... a year ago? quite past ur calculated times

Last edited by Lunar; 09-02-2009 at 12:39 AM.

09-02-2009   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
how to -rep... seriously.. lol
i have 4k posts but i have no idea how to rep ok! nor do i care to use it

but wut xpec brought is the post i remembered.. dunno y i remembered 5 instead of 9 though..
That's what I'm saying, Xpec provided a link, but you and Bredgen just claimed that it had been done which is why all your posts here were useless ;-;

And it's all about how much you want to grind it too. Eon practically flew to level 30 without me noticing ><

Last edited by Melancholy; 09-02-2009 at 12:50 AM.

09-02-2009   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
That's what I'm saying, Xpec provided a link, but you and Bredgen just claimed that it had been done which is why all your posts here were useless ;-;

And it's all about how much you want to grind it too. Eon practically flew to level 30 without me noticing ><
y exactly must there be a post confirming it..
i'm not reporting my findings
ur basically saying "youre lying show proof now!" -_-

and.... my post wasn't to say it was 5 years.. it was actually to get someone to calculate it which shadow did
since 5years didn't make sense, allms not that stupid

Last edited by Lunar; 09-02-2009 at 01:13 AM.

09-02-2009   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

eonthebullet will become famous soon enough

i am at lvl 30 and it takes 18k to lvl to 31 and i gave up btw i used a couple of 300% coupon thingy and get like 500ish exp per game and i did try to join game near the end and jump from game to game. i manage to get from lvl 15 to 30 in a few weeks but it was too tiring and too expensive to buy that 300% coupon

Last edited by eonthebullet; 09-02-2009 at 01:55 AM.