08-26-2009   #41 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack

^Same way I play! Also, Ryan does alot of dmg.

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-26-2009   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Not really o_O

He's slightly above average, but he's nowhere near the best (excluding ground freeze combos). Magma Explosion does 700 to 1.1k (the higher end being reached by low levels and lvl 66~74 with 501+ str). Rapid rail gun does about 800 to 1.5k (400~750 per shot depending on lvl and str), and Iron bomb does about... 1.2k to 2k? Not sure with iron bomb, since it has to be decayed for all three shots to hit.

You could argue that it's harder to deal with such average damage on Ryan because he can catch easily, but then that's not his damage, but his speed that gives you a problem.
You could argue that his dmg is the highest with a ground amp rail, but then you would have to consider other ground combos or attacks that would be impolite, like Yuki's freezebind, Kali's notebind, and Dainn's fury and iw trap and ddb, and Tia's mine reset backstab.
You could also argue that Ryan's >>AS does a lot of damage, but then so does Arien's. If both chars had a dmg equip set, then Arien would actually do more if they could catch equally as well. Then there's also Tia's crits and poison.

All the reasonable Ryan complaints come down to his speed and his amp rail, and amp rail needs some carelessness on the opponent's part for getting hit by a ground freeze or iron bomb.

Ryan's catching ability would be broken if anyone could >>A*turn*S S quickly, frequently, and consistently, but so far I only see a handful that can do it well. When the number of expert Ryans are so low, don't you think you can give some credit to the player instead of giving it all to the character? People can respect a good Sieg who can windmill and sidestep effectively, so why not a good Ryan shifter?

08-26-2009   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Not really o_O

He's slightly above average, but he's nowhere near the best (excluding ground freeze combos). Magma Explosion does 700 to 1.1k (the higher end being reached by low levels and lvl 66~74 with 501+ str). Rapid rail gun does about 800 to 1.5k (400~750 per shot depending on lvl and str), and Iron bomb does about... 1.2k to 2k? Not sure with iron bomb, since it has to be decayed for all three shots to hit.

You could argue that it's harder to deal with such average damage on Ryan because he can catch easily, but then that's not his damage, but his speed that gives you a problem.
You could argue that his dmg is the highest with a ground amp rail, but then you would have to consider other ground combos or attacks that would be impolite, like Yuki's freezebind, Kali's notebind, and Dainn's fury and iw trap and ddb, and Tia's mine reset backstab.
You could also argue that Ryan's >>AS does a lot of damage, but then so does Arien's. If both chars had a dmg equip set, then Arien would actually do more if they could catch equally as well. Then there's also Tia's crits and poison.

All the reasonable Ryan complaints come down to his speed and his amp rail, and amp rail needs some carelessness on the opponent's part for getting hit by a ground freeze or iron bomb.

Ryan's catching ability would be broken if anyone could >>A*turn*S S quickly, frequently, and consistently, but so far I only see a handful that can do it well. When the number of expert Ryans are so low, don't you think you can give some credit to the player instead of giving it all to the character? People can respect a good Sieg who can windmill and sidestep effectively, so why not a good Ryan shifter?
slight above avg and best catching in the game kinda makes him powerful
if this was a reply to dopi's post he said "ryans do a lot of dmg" meaning catching is a factor not just numbers

ironbomb stun is easily done

having low amount of good ryans doesn't mean anything...

Last edited by Lunar; 08-26-2009 at 07:52 PM.

08-26-2009   #44 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeo
Soo many people flame me for being a Ryan and combo-ing etc, and its starting to irritate me to the point of BS, literally. iS IT THAT MUCH OF A DAM CRIME to be a Ryan in PVP?
For Example:
Ok, today in PVP, I was called a "noob" for not having a "style" i had no idea wth that was supposed to mean...and he was just doing "*sigh*", then, after the match, he was like "another nub Ryan".
I Agree that it is annyoing to be flamed at for being a class that has such overused buttons that nobody can escape BUT.

Hi..
Quote:
NOT EVERYONE CAN DODGE and "AAS-Repeat-Repeat....-..." when your at a wall? Are you Human?

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

08-26-2009   #45 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
If I'm on dainn and fighting anyone, I always start off kStyle. You should watch most of my matches. I always kStyle untill someone else breaks kStyle or starts run + spam then I bring out my fury, OoF, FDH, fire orb etc.
You did this to my Krieg when I only have 6 attack skills that actually deal damage.

08-26-2009   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
You did this to my Krieg when I only have 6 attack skills that actually deal damage.
dainn has no way to get near krieg without the spams

08-27-2009   #47 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
dainn has no way to get near krieg without the spams
Considering how horrid I play and he beat me twice in a row...he does. x.x I don't S cancel like most people do. Not to mention I only have...

Max Physical Strength, Super Force, Violent Whirlwind, Dfist, Fire Crush, and Repulse.

08-28-2009   #48 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58

^you have spam build? how2combo with that

and ya when i play with ryans i just kill them. imo they dont deserve to be treated with etiquette, especially on eir. i'll sleepbind without thinking twice unless im out of mp lolol. and on tia? pssh bombs TLS fang bs all the way.

08-28-2009   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
Considering how horrid I play and he beat me twice in a row...he does. x.x I don't S cancel like most people do. Not to mention I only have...

Max Physical Strength, Super Force, Violent Whirlwind, Dfist, Fire Crush, and Repulse.
krieg has dfist? O_O
"ONLY 6 SKILLS" ya.. my yuki ONLY has 3 lol

08-28-2009   #50 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
krieg has dfist? O_O
"ONLY 6 SKILLS" ya.. my yuki ONLY has 3 lol
She's talking about Comet.

08-28-2009   #51 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Pretty much. Stage build is for the lose. D:

08-28-2009   #52 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_john
^you have spam build? how2combo with that

and ya when i play with ryans i just kill them. imo they dont deserve to be treated with etiquette, especially on eir. i'll sleepbind without thinking twice unless im out of mp lolol. and on tia? pssh bombs TLS fang bs all the way.
I could tell you how to combo with that, Johny. Heh heh

Quote:
How do you not have damage skills? Every single one of those does good damage and can be comboed. The only gimmicky skill there is repulse but in all fairness, Repulse is a great damage skill in PvP if you know how to use it properly.

Far as Ryan goes, I've already stated several times my thoughts on him. He has a lot of user friendly aspects, as mentioned: Speed (both in attacking and moving), power, utility and so on.

I agree with John in that you should never play against a Ryan with etiquette on. Do whatever, whenever, no matter how cheap it is because beating a good Ryan is still a mighty feat in Lunia.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

08-28-2009   #53 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58

my only complaint about him actually is his Freaking invincible frames. `-` hard to start a combo

08-28-2009   #54 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

I wouldn't call his speed user-friendly, since it implies that he's fast even in the hands of beginners. There are even more Siegs who can windmill reliably than there are Ryans who can >>A(turn)S S consistently.

In my opinion, Ryan's etiqutte should be extended to include no freeze or merciless shot along with amp rail, but that's another story. Anyway, if etiquette is off against all Ryans, then don't get upset when you get ground freezed or amped.

08-28-2009   #55 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

^Or you lag and get hit by a 2k stun bomb. :x

08-28-2009   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

DivineRoyalty will become famous soon enough
IGN: SupportPrincess
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: 73

Well.... I don't really agree with your ettiquette off while playing with ryans. I enjoy a challenge and thats why I've actually only used sleep bind like.... a few times in real matches, which is why I actually suck more while using it. If I get ground freezed then its my fault, I shouldn't have gotten hit in the first place. The only ryan that I thought was actually worth using sleepbind against was silky's ryan, but he's not that active anymore...

08-29-2009   #57 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Do whatever, whenever, no matter how cheap it is because beating a good Ryan is still a mighty feat in Lunia.
What he said.

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

08-29-2009   #58 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Agreed with whoever Dopi is agreeing with.

@Divine~You're also one of the best Eirs in Glunia.

08-29-2009   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati

I dont usually freeze ppl, unless i warn them in the beginning of the match o_o
12/20/11

08-29-2009   #60 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Generally, Ryan's OP. You seem to play him with a sense of courtesy in mind, so anyone that starts flaming you is just angry that they're losing. Manners are pretty important...