ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia PvP (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/)
-   -   Ijji Lunia PvP Balance vs Free. Vote (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-pvp/23192-ijji-lunia-pvp-balance-vs-free-vote.html)

Gatts 10-02-2008 01:27 PM

Ijji Lunia PvP Balance vs Free. Vote

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As we all know at the beginning the larger part of the population would PvP in the balance server, which I personally enjoyed. It just made it much fair-er (much more fair?). Low levels could compete with and even beat high level players. And then, the official tournament came, and it was held in the *gasp* free server. And since then, in anticipation of the next tournament, all the "pros" migrated to the free server and played by tourney rules, sorta. The rest of the general population followed suit and stampeded to towards free where "pros" played, XP was "quicker" and hard "work" spent on gear increased your odds of winning significantly (or marginally, depending on your point of view).

And now with an upcoming new era of management, which just seems awesome, we must decide on where we will play. Just like the highlander, there can be only one. Maybe a higher population would bring a higher amount of players to both modes, but that seems unlikely. As far as I can tell Balance seems to be the favorite in the other Lunias. Free however, dominated the latter days of Glunia.

PS. Why would this vote matter? Because we all live in a democracy, and voting is important. Also I'm sick of free, it's wack and I need to know how to tune my build and gear.

Soryn 10-02-2008 01:29 PM

This is pointless. As shown in COUNTLESS debates already, people will defend whatever mode they like more regardless of the points brought up. I personally like balanced more. Winning in free isn't fun with 3k hp.

IloveIngrid 10-02-2008 02:09 PM

I like balance too playing a dacy in free is not fun. since dacy low hp can get own.

Gatts 10-02-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soryn (Post 454427)
This is pointless. As shown in COUNTLESS debates already, people will defend whatever mode they like more regardless of the points brought up. I personally like balanced more. Winning in free isn't fun with 3k hp.

It's not pointless, we are getting a fresh start on things, the ML community represents the majority of the long time/plays the most hours community and we're voting now. This will make it official, HONOR SYSTEM OK! HONOR!

Where ever the majority of ML goes the majority of casual players will go. The only major event that could change a communities democratic majority vote is an official tournament. Like what happened with TFT. If you notice all of the un-official guild/other tourneys were/are going to be held in balance. Having a designated, community supported mode of PvP would help every single PvPer in this game. It might even sway the Ijji staff should they so choose to hold an official PvP tourney as to where it will be held. I've sent GM_Lightburb a PM and hopefully he will reply to me or en-masse.

THERE IS NO DEBATING IN THIS TOPIC, THE ONLY THING THAT WILL MATTER IS VOTES AND YOUR WILL TO ABIDE BY IT.

Marble 10-02-2008 02:33 PM

I've always enjoyed beating people 10-20 levels higher than me in Free. In the latter days of Glunia I could hardly find an available room in balanced.

flsg 10-02-2008 02:42 PM

I actually enjoy getting pwned by higher level people in free, IMO it's the best way to gain skill, even when the player's worse than you

plus I'm a tia and I'd like my poison to do the damage it should do, not half of it x.x

sentythee 10-02-2008 02:43 PM

I thought this topic would be pointless... until I saw the poll. I didn't think so many more people preferred balanced mode to free mode .-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaaassss (Post 454494)
THERE IS NO DEBATING IN THIS TOPIC, THE ONLY THING THAT WILL MATTER IS VOTES AND YOUR WILL TO ABIDE BY IT.

This should be in your first post.

Cesar 10-02-2008 02:47 PM

Balanced will give people some sort of a fighting chance.

Marq 10-02-2008 03:18 PM

My equips are pretty good but even so I prefer balanced over all.

m1s3ri 10-02-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flsg (Post 454568)
I actually enjoy getting pwned by higher level people in free, IMO it's the best way to gain skill, even when the player's worse than you

plus I'm a tia and I'd like my poison to do the damage it should do, not half of it x.x

...you realize the old balance server that only changed people's damage reduced poison damage no matter what level you were?

Damage-over-time effects and probably healing are simply not intended to be balanced in Free.

Zloty 10-02-2008 08:48 PM

i dont play pvp much but for me free is better balance too boring

Eternal 10-02-2008 08:57 PM

Balanced Forever~

Dragonfly 10-02-2008 09:16 PM

Personally I'm use to free and I like it more. But if everyone goes to balance when Lunia comes back up, whatever. I'll pwn you still anyways. Doesn't change anything. ^_^

imported_john 10-02-2008 09:29 PM

I'm used to free too, I don't really care where we fight as long as we fight. Well actually depends. If it's someone ~5 levels from me, I'd rather fight them in free.

evilxshadow 10-02-2008 09:43 PM

everyone go to balance when Lunia 1st opens!!

Jeko 10-03-2008 12:57 AM

Free all life long

1stsim144 10-03-2008 04:03 AM

Ah, balance ftw. At least it gives chances to most player to play.

CrunchyRoll 10-03-2008 07:02 AM

so lunia cant have both? ok then i choose balance xD and i don't even pvp

imported_Kanpai 10-03-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flsg (Post 454568)

Yes, like your Backstab-in-a-no-decay-combo spam gets bonus damage from poison.

Gaia 10-03-2008 12:47 PM

Free mode.