Dragonfly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly
IGN: Dragonfly
Class: Tia
Level: 67
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
You missed the point once again: That yeti abusers would be able to get BETTER equipment overall is clearly unfair who those who do not abuse it. And the fact still remains that it is an exploit, which is unacceptable to the game company. Whether the community accepts it is irrelevant.
The yeti plat has been there as long as I remembered and it was never fixed. Meaning the game company doesn't see it as an exploit but just a way to level grind. Almost every single online game I have played, there is always a stage or mode to grind your level. And in almost all those games, there will be people who would complain about this being unfair.

How is it unfair? Is it unfair because you think games should be fun the way you think it should run? Some people enjoy pvping, others enjoy staging. There are others who think its fun to do large party quest (raids) and get good experience at the same time. While others sacrifice that that fun time to get more experience because they know that they will be happier with the end results.

You're like those people in real life who wants to enjoy life and do casual in school. When someone who is a nerd and studies all the time instead of living life the way you do, you make fun of him. But in the end, who will win? The nerd because he will be more well off than you will. Which is why I let people yeti all they want. I don't have the stamina to bare the boringness of doing it and that is my own lost.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-01-2008   #102 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadeshi
Let's change the word "level" for the world "effort", that is our point
So effort invested into learning how to pvp better as opposed to grinding is in no way comparable, and the latter is always superior to the former? It's certainly no coincidence that most of the better pvpers are lower level than their grind oriented counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
The yeti plat has been there as long as I remembered and it was never fixed. Meaning the game company doesn't see it as an exploit but just a way to level grind. Almost every single online game I have played, there is always a stage or mode to grind your level. And in almost all those games, there will be people who would complain about this being unfair.
You assume too much. And you're also forgetting that neither allm or TFT did much at all.

Quote:
How is it unfair? Is it unfair because you think games should be fun the way you think it should run? Some people enjoy pvping, others enjoy staging. There are others who think its fun to do large party quest (raids) and get good experience at the same time. While others sacrifice that that fun time to get more experience because they know that they will be happier with the end results.

You're like those people in real life who wants to enjoy life and do casual in school. When someone who is a nerd and studies all the time instead of living life the way you do, you make fun of him. But in the end, who will win? The nerd because he will be more well off than you will. Which is why I let people yeti all they want. I don't have the stamina to bare the boringness of doing it and that is my own lost.
I never said anything about what *I* think is unfair, but what is unfair in the eyes of the company. I can justify that they do in fact think it is unfair as it is explicitly stated in most such company's TOS that hacking/glitch exploitation are possible grounds for account suspension/deletion.

10-01-2008   #103 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

hahaheheho is on a distinguished road

fight people my same lvl?

the average sieg at lvl 58ish has 1k more hp than me.

that means 3k hp more after considering the 3 lives

and just so you know... if u support free, no one would make a pure pvp char.

my wiz got the 7th degree pvp set at like lvl 45 and my stats were still terrible. but in balance i didnt really need to care about my gear as much so i was able to fight people lvl 60 like velo and win(he still does more dmg than me but waaaay more balanced out) but in free i lose to EVERYONE who has decent pvp abilities.

what i see from ur posts, kadeshi, and dragonfly, is that lowlevels shouldnt pvp. they shuld yeti/raid until lvl 60 and then start pvping.
ign: 4x dainn euphorite

10-01-2008   #104 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Dragonfly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly
IGN: Dragonfly
Class: Tia
Level: 67
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
So effort invested into learning how to pvp better as opposed to grinding is in no way comparable, and the latter is always superior to the former? It's certainly no coincidence that most of the better pvpers are lower level than their grind oriented counterparts.
Getting to higher level and learning how to pvp are two different type of skill. One is playing a lot and working hard on your character and the other one is natural and developed skills. Not everyone have crazy reflexes and fast reaction for the fast pace combos which is why level matters in free pvp. You can either spend your time leveling your character or practice your combos. Both will determine the winner in free.

Quote:
You assume too much. And you're also forgetting that neither allm or TFT did much at all.

I never said anything about what *I* think is unfair, but what is unfair in the eyes of the company. I can justify that they do in fact think it is unfair as it is explicitly stated in most such company's TOS that hacking/glitch exploitation are possible grounds for account suspension/deletion.
Still lots of other online games have other things like yeti plat. For example, I remember people were paying others to get yeti mats so they can level up their lime fast. In Maplestory, I would buy tons of exchange quest material to level up extremely fast on my nooby character. Also in Combat Arms, which is heavily on clan scrims, there is a mode where you grind by yourself to get lots of gold and exp like 10x faster than normal battles.

Yes, hacking and glitch exploitations are grounds for account suspensions. But hacks and glitches are defined by the game company that runs it. If allm and TFT did not see yeti as a glitch, then it is not one. If ijji sees it as a glitch, then they should say so and fix it up.

Quote:
what i see from ur posts, kadeshi, and dragonfly, is that lowlevels shouldnt pvp. they shuld yeti/raid until lvl 60 and then start pvping.
They should pvp or stage. But if they pvp, why would a level 20- want to fight someone who is level 60? If you want to pvp, go ahead and pvp someone your level. Thats what everyone has been doing in free. I see all these rooms where its like level 1-10 or level 45+. The leader of the room can pick the level range for that room and it would be fine.

10-01-2008   #105 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

i dunno if u guys know this or not. but x9 is stronger than x0 lol
example) lvl 59 owns a lvl 60 if lvl 60 skill wasn't available
balance is to balance it but the system isn't perfect. that's y tournies are still held in free
it' sjust to allow more people to play each other compared to free

10-01-2008   #106 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Kadeshi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kadeshi / Kdxzilla
Class: Knight / Templar lu_krieg
Guild: Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaheheho

pvp people of your lvl... for the fourth time '

10-01-2008   #107 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

dude..... can u seriously say that people who are at 1x are as much fun as fighting people at 5x?

when i fought most people from 1x-4x they hated me cuz i was much better than them in terms of pvp. and i was... it was boring playing them

10-01-2008   #108 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok let me get this straight, i already said 4 times in this thread, fight people of your own level.
so...
if you are a lvl10 fight someone near lvl10 in free
if you are a lvl20 fight someone near lvl20 in free
if you are a lvl30 fight someone near lvl30 in free
if you are a lvl40 fight someone near lvl40 in free
if you are a lvl50 fight someone near lvl50 in free
if you are a lvl60 fight someone near lvl60 in free
if you are a lvl70 fight someone near lvl70 in free

Did i made myself clear this time?

if you are making a secondary char, just get it to a decent lvl and get back to the real fights...

10-01-2008   #109 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

i meant when i was 1x! and fought 1x's!!!!!!!

my wiz went pure pvp from lvl 1-49 and i played around my lvl..... cept for a couple good games in balance

it was a total yawn fest!

10-01-2008   #110 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Foxed is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Foxed
Class: Dainn
Level: 61
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadeshi
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok let me get this straight, i already said 4 times in this thread, fight people of your own level.
so...
if you are a lvl10 fight someone near lvl10 in free
if you are a lvl20 fight someone near lvl20 in free
if you are a lvl30 fight someone near lvl30 in free
if you are a lvl40 fight someone near lvl40 in free
if you are a lvl50 fight someone near lvl50 in free
if you are a lvl60 fight someone near lvl60 in free
if you are a lvl70 fight someone near lvl70 in free

Did i made myself clear this time?

if you are making a secondary char, just get it to a decent lvl and get back to the real fights...
But why should I? What if I'm level 20 and I WANT to fight a level 60 in pvp? Say we have the exact same skill except for the level difference and this fight took place in free. Who would win? The level 60 would and it is only because they've got 3k hp with their equips and beat me thoroughly in one combo. Now, if I was in balance in the same situation, the fight would go differently because I would not have the hp of a level 20 which is 500 or so, I would have 4 or 5k while the 60 has the same amount.

So what's fairer?

10-01-2008   #111 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

You guys are using a non sense situation (lvl20 vs lvl60 in free) to justify a non sense server (balance)...

10-01-2008   #112 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

^: And you're using something completely off-topic to justify your position. Lay off.

At this point, this argument is completely pointless. It is clear to everyone that proponents of each side will remain firm to their beliefs no matter what is presented. Therefore, 30 seconds for closing statements before I shut this debate down.

Closed. Done. Over.