ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia PvP

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-14-2008   #21 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
TheDopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)
TheDopi will become famous soon enoughTheDopi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TheDopi Send a message via MSN to TheDopi
IGN: dopi
Class: Sieg
Level: 67 (439)
Guild: DashAttack
Default

Students
Forum Name: TheDopi
IGN: DeweyCox
Level: 1x but platting quickly ^^
PvP level: 2 (new main)
Prospective class: Sieg
PvP ability: 6
Goal: Be better in general.. perception skills i guess?
__________________
Until we learn to love one another, we will never reach the promised land ~The Eagles

I hope you have a memorable tomorrow, including, but not limited to, the promising, golden hours of morning, the full, rich bloom of afternoon, and of course, the quiet, gentle hours of evening, when time, pausing for an instant and breathing a small sigh, rushes forward to greet the newly forming day. ~George Carlin

Read this to expand your miiinnd: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-14-2008   #22 (permalink)
Martyed to evil
Eternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Garden of Sinners
Posts: 1,167
iTrader: (0)
Eternal has disabled reputation
Default

I freaking suck after not pvping/staging for so many weeks, i did what like 4 stages whole month other than yeti plat?
And... Naerie is Khanon?!?!?!! You taught me how to combo on your mage 2 month ago when i was level 25. Thankyou for teaching me ^_^
Student:
Forum Name: Eternal( Student)
IGN: Everlast
Level: 60 o.o
PvP level: 10
Prospective Class: Dainn
PvP ability: 1
Goals: Perception of what skills and movements to use at different times.
__________________
LoL Ign: Everlasting
Starcraft II/Diablo 3: tearsofsaya@hotmail.com

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360
 
02-14-2008   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
taeo's Avatar
Games
Lunia
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In your basement >:D
Posts: 720
iTrader: (0)
taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati
Default

Ill Sign UP FINALLY

Students
Forum Name-taeo
IGN: LeonCresent
Level:22
PvP level:5
Prospective class: Sieg
PvP ability-5?
Goal -Comboing, Shifting, and a Lot of SKILLS WINDMILL, AIR JUGGLING ALSO!
__________________
MAPLESTORY:
DuckStop lvl 113 Outlaw
~Windia~
12/20/11
 
02-14-2008   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
evilxshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: (0)
evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirzenEvo
lol... I dunno if anyone can help me in pvp since there is no dainn teachers yet lmao
wut do u mean? lunar has all 3 chars, he can teach all 3.
 
02-14-2008   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet
You could possibly make an additional field for students for those who may want to have a "PVP partner". This could be a separate thing, or something done in conjunction to having a teacher, in which two students (or some even amount) would collaborate with each other when they are not with their teachers and PvP each other and teach each other what they may have learned form their teachers.

After all, a good way to learn is to fight someone around your own level and fight with the intent of trying out new things and improving, rather than to win. To collaborate with another student shows the intent of fighting to improve rather than a fight to win, which would make both players more willing to experiment and sacrifice the loss. Such collaboration would also put less pressure on the teachers and be less demanding of the teachers, as well as bring about possible group sessions and encourage friendly competition rather than "lonely" competition, so to speak.

Just a thought.
we, the teachers, can set up matches weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirzenEvo
lol... I dunno if anyone can help me in pvp since there is no dainn teachers yet lmao
i believe u are blind.. lol
i would be one of the better teachers since i know all the weaknesses of every character

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy
shouldnt the student pvp the teacher. if the student is better than the teacher..i dont see a point of teaching Lol..and theres so many students than teachers lol..need them pro pvpers here
that is incorrect.. there are ppl who understand the concepts and stuff but are unable to apply them(lazy to master is wut i call it).. making them better teachers than just pro pvpers.. especially if they are naturally better at teaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileyes
ign: silverwinds (student)
level:54
pvp level: 5
class: seig
pvp ability: 3
goals: 360 windmill... frontal windmill, shifting better, comboing LOL, and whirilwind cancle o.o

if u want dain teacher go ask rai he has a wiz o.o
i think ur goals are too high.. i can't even do a 360 windmill and ur other goals "shifting better"
and no good teacher will teach "frontal windmill"
__________________
 
02-14-2008   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
Kismet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 429
iTrader: (0)
Kismet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
we, the teachers, can set up matches weeee
That's kind of the opposite of my suggestion XD. If teachers set up matches then it would be more like a competitive match to see who has learned more, and the teachers would want to know the result of the matches. However, if the students were to seek other students with the sole intent of having someone around their skill level to learn, practice, and experiment with, it would be less stressful and likely more productive.
__________________
IGN: Kismet - Level 60 Tia

Tias, try and get creative with my Tia Combo Creation Guide!
 
02-14-2008   #27 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker
riceburner4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,936
iTrader: (0)
riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Need more teachers. I'm probably gonna reorganize the lists in some kind of order, probably by their self-rated abilities. You people need to stop putting 1 for your PvP ability though <_<...1 would be like a super newbie. It's difficult to match up properly if you don't give accurate info.
__________________
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"
 
02-14-2008   #28 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Bredgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,635
iTrader: (0)
Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB
Default

ahh this school thing sounds sick.. i would want to apply but lately ive been playing on my healer alot... not much my sieg. can i apply for this as a student anytime in the next few months after lunia is back up?
 
02-14-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet
That's kind of the opposite of my suggestion XD. If teachers set up matches then it would be more like a competitive match to see who has learned more, and the teachers would want to know the result of the matches. However, if the students were to seek other students with the sole intent of having someone around their skill level to learn, practice, and experiment with, it would be less stressful and likely more productive.
the reason they're here is cause they can't learn and experiment themselves... they are incapable of doing so
so the better choice is for teachers to set up matches and tell them their mistakes
better teachers would match them with someone that is good against their students weakness making the student better at that field

TIP: without a reason to win. there's no reason to learn
__________________
 
02-14-2008   #30 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker
riceburner4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,936
iTrader: (0)
riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

There's no time limit for application. By the way, if you think you've learned enough or think you've gotten sick of teaching, by all means send me a PM and I'll remove you from the list. Although the game hasn't even come back up yet so I'm not expecting any PMs for at least a couple weeks.
__________________
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"
 
02-14-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

o yea. u should change my time available or wutever it was to "after i master tia" lol
__________________
 
02-14-2008   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
Kismet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 429
iTrader: (0)
Kismet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
the reason they're here is cause they can't learn and experiment themselves... they are incapable of doing so
so the better choice is for teachers to set up matches and tell them their mistakes
better teachers would match them with someone that is good against their students weakness making the student better at that field

TIP: without a reason to win. there's no reason to learn
Not entirely true, as when I was PvPing I wasn't really able to learn anything from general PVP, but I learned a lot from simply PvPing Zet and Kira over and over back in the day. We PvPed for fun, not really caring who would win, and we got a lot better even without being focussed on winning. The reason being that we were comfortable with each other and had stress-less matches in which we experimented and tried new things without worrying so much about the consequences that would follow.

There's a difference between being matched and PvPing strangers of a certain ability than PvPing with someone frequently on a friendship basis because there's an entirely different atmosphere.

I do agree that wanting to win would give a reason to learn, but there are some people who want to learn simply to learn for the fun of it, and not to win (like myself). But, to all their own, since most people do want to learn to win and learn faster if they have that mindset.

Anyway, to be more focussed on the original topic:

I'd be willing to provide general, theoretical guidance/advice but I will not teach people in person on Lunia because I am abandoning my old characters.


IGN: N/A
Level: N/A
PvP level: 15
Specialty: Eir, Dainn, theoretical
PvP ability: 7
Fee: No
Available Time: Whenever I'm on, PM me for MSN/AIM or simply PM me
__________________
IGN: Kismet - Level 60 Tia

Tias, try and get creative with my Tia Combo Creation Guide!
 
02-14-2008   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)
jayrawr is on a distinguished road
Default

since i think i am an average pvper.. i have my combos down nicely and a good knowledge of pvp and competitive playing..

id like to change my self rated pvp skill lvl from 1 to 5
__________________
xjayrawr- knight lvl 61 very very inactive

ULTRA:
Quote:
Interweb viewers beware! It's coming... it's almost here... it's so close you can taste it... IT'S HERE!

LAG IN 3-D! Coming to an Internet game near you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsoifon
Girls suck, theres a reason why Tia is a girl, cuz she backstabs <3
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champaign when we thirstayyy!
- Notorious B.I.G.
 
02-14-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet
Not entirely true, as when I was PvPing I wasn't really able to learn anything from general PVP, but I learned a lot from simply PvPing Zet and Kira over and over back in the day. We PvPed for fun, not really caring who would win, and we got a lot better even without being focussed on winning. The reason being that we were comfortable with each other and had stress-less matches in which we experimented and tried new things without worrying so much about the consequences that would follow.

There's a difference between being matched and PvPing strangers of a certain ability than PvPing with someone frequently on a friendship basis because there's an entirely different atmosphere.

I do agree that wanting to win would give a reason to learn, but there are some people who want to learn simply to learn for the fun of it, and not to win (like myself). But, to all their own, since most people do want to learn to win and learn faster if they have that mindset.

Anyway, to be more focussed on the original topic:

I'd be willing to provide general, theoretical guidance/advice but I will not teach people in person on Lunia because I am abandoning my old characters.


IGN: N/A
Level: N/A
PvP level: 15
Specialty: Eir, Dainn, theoretical
PvP ability: 7
Fee: No
Available Time: Whenever I'm on, PM me for MSN/AIM or simply PM me

i think that's wut would be a friendly rival.. there's no stress of winning or anything.. but rivals will always make u better its the rule of nature!!
and ur not in need of a school!!

part about atmosphere.. that's where ppl start to suffer in.. nervousness from strangers and stuff.. makes u prone to mistakes
u need to be able to overcome that to be good in pvp.. fighting a complete stranger.. will u be able to learn his pattern and overcome it in under 2 matches? ppl are rarely able to do so
__________________
 
02-14-2008   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
Kismet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 429
iTrader: (0)
Kismet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
i think that's wut would be a friendly rival.. there's no stress of winning or anything.. but rivals will always make u better its the rule of nature!!
and ur not in need of a school!!
Try and think of it more as a...Study Group XD. You take what you learn from teachers and group up with other students to try and better yourselves with the help of fellow students. That way you can pool together everything each person has learned and learn things from a different perspective when your teachers are busy/tired.

Edit: Either way, it was just a suggestion, and if not included then people may read it and decide to do so on their own for a change of pace from simply being a student. No point in debating it any further.
__________________
IGN: Kismet - Level 60 Tia

Tias, try and get creative with my Tia Combo Creation Guide!
 
02-14-2008   #36 (permalink)
An old new member...
amidomaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada? orly
Posts: 805
iTrader: (0)
amidomaru is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkenesse
Class: Sieg
Level: 56
Guild: FELIX
Default

Sign me up!

STUDENT
Forum Name: amidomaru
IGN: Darkenesse
Prospective Class: Sieg
Level: 48
PVP level: 5
PVP ability: 3

Goals: better wall-comboing, getting the first hits in PvP, and better combos (whirlwind cancels, etc.)
__________________


Darknesse-lv 56 Sieg: <--- main =D
EternalxNight - lv 4X Tia <--- [suspended] =P
Darkenesse - lv 18 sieg! <--- sieg from foriel stole main's name >_> -now my pvp n00b-

got to 56... next goal: 60! (not gonna happen)

~Proud Member of FELIX~
Gratz to FELIX for reaching guild lv. 10!
 
02-14-2008   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 831
iTrader: (0)
Elite will become famous soon enoughElite will become famous soon enough
Default

nice, im glad the pvp community is finally getting better because of you guys . im too lazy to be a teacher.. so yeah. don't sign me up for anything, i just wanted to make a comment. :P
__________________
 
02-14-2008   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)
Srannatty is on a distinguished road
Default

Forum Name: Srannatty
IGN: KiraSrannatty
Level: 41
PvP level: 1(-_-
Prospective class: Healer
PvP ability (1-10 scale, 10 being best, self ranked): 1.....
Goal (list what you want to improve): combo... and everything... I am noob....

T-T Anyone helpe me....?
 
02-14-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)
hahaheheho is on a distinguished road
Default

Forum Name: hahaheheho
IGN:Monchi
Level: 56
PvP level: 16
Prospective class: Sieg
PvP ability: 4
Goal: learn how to wall combo = (
__________________
ign: monchi lvl 5x sieg
ign velvet 6x
ign:5x eir moshi
ign: 4x dainn euphorite

 
02-14-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)
TUQUANIE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TUQUANIE Send a message via Yahoo to TUQUANIE
Default

Eir: Tuquanie STUDENT
Seige:TUQUAN Brother pass it to me now :P STUDENT
Dain: Student if yeeti plat is still around
TIA: DEFINITELY STUDENT
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.