01-11-2008   #1 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens
Default tips for beating this sieg

so yesterday I pvped this level 60 sieg, he has more than twice of my hp AND normal attack damage. So I thought that the only way I'm gonna win is to use lots of skills. Then he said I can't pvp and that I'm doing nothing but using skills. With his power, while I do normal damage and combo him to death once, he could do the same thing to me four times. So I used lots of skills and at the end I won more.
the question is, how can I beat him without spamming my skills like he said?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-11-2008   #2 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

darkdestiny is on a distinguished road

Healers only have coordinated spell spam, wake up game, and sleep bind combo. Combo-ing a Sieg to death is a highly impossible feat as Eir combos absolutely SUCK and note that I place emphasis on the SUCK part. For various reasons you may or may not know, AAS AAAA half dash aaaa repeat won't work most of the times (against good players anyway) and trying to get first hit as a healer is hard as hell. Occasional knowledge about melee and taking advantage of mistakes is sufficient and about ALL an Eir can do in melee. Unless they were super aggressive players which only like.. a FEW are. To that Sieg who said you don't know how to PvP, I'd take his words and shove it back in his mouth about knowing anything regarding Eir PvP.

01-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gaia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gaia
Class: Sieg lt_knight
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen

Meh forget him in PvP anything goes really, and all he had to do was wait until u ran out of mp and atk u when u were recharging if he couldnt dodge until that then i dunno, but you won thats it and yes what dark said is true.
Gholy: 5x Eir
MageRD: 3x Wizard

Guild: Kaizen

01-11-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

sneakyxone is on a distinguished road

Eirs really suck in pvp, most eir HAS to run from knights and spam skills in order to beat them, but either way it IS annoying to run and spam skills cause thats obviously boring for knights, thats one reason why I barely pvped any eirs.

01-11-2008   #5 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyxone
Eirs really suck in pvp, most eir HAS to run from knights and spam skills in order to beat them, but either way it IS annoying to run and spam skills cause thats obviously boring for knights, thats one reason why I barely pvped any eirs.
Yeah that's why I try to master wake up game with Eir. They have really flexible and powerful wake up game against Siegs and other Eirs so that makes it much less boring compared to literal hit and run.

01-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

bananza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyxone
So it isn't only me... I thought I just had a weakness against Eirs. But I guess it's because they're runners and skill spammers.

01-11-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

wait till siegs fight dacy's.. hit and run for siegs!

01-11-2008   #8 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananza
So it isn't only me... I thought I just had a weakness against Eirs. But I guess it's because they're runners and skill spammers.
As much as I hate to admit it, yeah, though I prefer to think of it as maintaining optimal distance for spells. Against an equally skilled opponent of either Wizard or Knight class, Eir has absolutely zero chance of winning a melee game. When I play Eir though, I tend to be a little on the aggressive side, always on the approach which gets me killed quite a bit.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

01-11-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

who was the sieg that u challenged?

01-11-2008   #10 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

There's not that many 60 Siegs that pvp. I'm pretty sure I know who it is. If I'm right, he's not difficult to out-melee even as an Eir. Tends to run quite a bit himself.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

01-11-2008   #11 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Arnt there only 2 level 60(exactly) siegs? It definately isnt Zyris cause he always win so... its....

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

01-11-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Echosong is on a distinguished road
IGN: Saphesse
Class: Dark Healer lu_eir
Guild: FinalCore

It's who? I agree... Eirs are the hit-and-run type at times... err... not me... *shifty eyes* I always whack knights with a wand, lure them away from the wizards, and then I melee them. and combo. I once got pwned by a level 1 knight by doing that, however... err... not the smartest thing... >.<
TVTropes: Draconic Assassin

01-11-2008   #13 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri190
It's who? I agree... Eirs are the hit-and-run type at times... err... not me... *shifty eyes* I always whack knights with a wand, lure them away from the wizards, and then I melee them. and combo. I once got pwned by a level 1 knight by doing that, however... err... not the smartest thing... >.<
i'm pretty sure there are like at least 1 or 2 good low levels out there but generally most of the crazy pvpers are like 5x. That's when meleeing as an Eir becomes a problem

01-11-2008   #14 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Even in Eir vs Eir matches. Curse you, Holy Spirit. It's a love-hate relationship.

01-11-2008   #15 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
Arnt there only 2 level 60(exactly) siegs? It definately isnt Zyris cause he always win so... its....
I can think of at least 5 others besides Zyris who are exactly level 60... although I don't think any of them are extremely into PvP.

01-13-2008   #16 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Let me get this straight and correct me if I'm wrong- Eir has an ability to combo, but it cannot be applied as well in pvp compared to stages.

As a result, she tends to 'spam skills' or however you want to call it, during pvp and runs around while waiting for cooldown to end. I've read threads about 'Sleep' combos that could be used as starters, but the follow-up of moon bind (i think that's what it's called), moon fog and moon light piece does more overall damage and is more effective.

In my experience, I haven't pvped enough Eirs to be able to tell who's good, better or best (possibly the worst/cheapest) but if what I said is the case, then I'll have to learn more to respect those 'hit & runners' and understand Eir's point of view. o.o

01-13-2008   #17 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruckmat
Let me get this straight and correct me if I'm wrong- Eir has an ability to combo, but it cannot be applied as well in pvp compared to stages.

As a result, she tends to 'spam skills' or however you want to call it, during pvp and runs around while waiting for cooldown to end. I've read threads about 'Sleep' combos that could be used as starters, but the follow-up of moon bind (i think that's what it's called), moon fog and moon light piece does more overall damage and is more effective.

In my experience, I haven't pvped enough Eirs to be able to tell who's good, better or best (possibly the worst/cheapest) but if what I said is the case, then I'll have to learn more to respect those 'hit & runners' and understand Eir's point of view. o.o
dont respect hit and runners <_<

Eirs can easily get a Dash AS pieces, or AASAAAA etc. her ability to combo is pretty sexy, but her main problem is first hit :X

01-13-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

Eirs that do hit-and-run are extremely annoying, especially for siegs. And I've fought eirs that raped me without resorting to hit n run, they just used combos and shifts.

01-13-2008   #19 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Dosnt Eirs deserve the right to hit and run? I mean... if they run and you dont attack, they will heal themselves.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

01-13-2008   #20 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzJOHN
dont respect hit and runners <_<

Eirs can easily get a Dash AS pieces, or AASAAAA etc. her ability to combo is pretty sexy, but her main problem is first hit :X
Dash AS can easily be avoided. The problem with as Jinus told me and it's pretty accurate is nothing that Eir does except Sleep-bind combo is 100% sure for damage unlikek Dain and Sieg where if they hit you with DASH AS it's all up to their skill from there.

AASAAAA as I've stated in my previous reply is that depending on the range you catch them with, AASAAAA dash AS or perhaps just AASAAA dash AS is all you might end up being able to hit compared to Dain or Sieg where I can bust out a 30 hit combo regardless of the range I caught them at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagg
Eirs that do hit-and-run are extremely annoying, especially for siegs. And I've fought eirs that raped me without resorting to hit n run, they just used combos and shifts.
Yes, if the skill difference is big enough, Eirs can win without resorting to hit and run. If an Eir were to fight someone that has the same skill as them (although comparing different classes and saying their skill level is the same is highly impractical), they'd highly lose out as Eir melee range falls short and combo damage falls WAY short.