Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-23-2007   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

gamerdude is on a distinguished road
Angry Sieg > Hawllp! Omg Fricken Crazy Mage

Eww, I feel like totally violated after PvPing a crazed mage who rushed me!! (I didn't have Magic Defense cuz of low lvl requirement T_T)

I'm supposed to be the one rushing!!!

Every attack I did, he had a better one...

But literally this dude was on me like crazy! Couldn't get up w/o getting bludgeoned and autostepped.

What tactics do you guys use for the suicidal mages who rush you all pro-like? Btw this dude I'm talking about is a pro lawl.

I want to train hard and eventually rematch him again! Mano a mano!

Any advice greatly appreciated for a nubbachubba PvPer like me. :P

My Bro Knight: Musoken
My Wizzy: Eindeus ^^y

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-23-2007   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

name? and use provoke.

12-23-2007   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxkiller
name? and use provoke.
I did hehe, but it didn't stop him ^_^

His name starts with an X.... and he hurts like crazy

12-23-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

shadowclaw is on a distinguished road

wat lvl was he?
xDuy? cuz hes pretty good

12-23-2007   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

xpecialmage?

EDIT: anyways.. that's how pro mages play u can't expect us to spam skills.. so owning the normal mages is not really an accomplishment

12-23-2007   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Elite will become famous soon enoughElite will become famous soon enough

yes.. and my "weakness" can counter with that i've been getting owned by mages for FOREVER! but yesterday.. i was on par with a decent mage..

12-23-2007   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

tommy00X has a spectacular aura abouttommy00X has a spectacular aura about
IGN: tommy00X
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Solstice

its really hard to get away from their high lvl fire arrows...i suggest u just run and find a chance to combo him

12-23-2007   #8 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

darkdestiny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barius
Eww, I feel like totally violated after PvPing a crazed mage who rushed me!! (I didn't have Magic Defense cuz of low lvl requirement T_T)

I'm supposed to be the one rushing!!!

Every attack I did, he had a better one...

But literally this dude was on me like crazy! Couldn't get up w/o getting bludgeoned and autostepped.

What tactics do you guys use for the suicidal mages who rush you all pro-like? Btw this dude I'm talking about is a pro lawl.

I want to train hard and eventually rematch him again! Mano a mano!

Any advice greatly appreciated for a nubbachubba PvPer like me. :P
Provoke has like a range where you can screw yourself over so beware of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
yes.. and my "weakness" can counter with that i've been getting owned by mages for FOREVER! but yesterday.. i was on par with a decent mage..
What's your definition of decent =P. (Example?!)

12-23-2007   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdestiny
Provoke has like a range where you can screw yourself over so beware of that.

Yeah man, I ended up eating a ton of his attacks by trying to slow him down with a lvl 1 provoke (yeah nub lvl ftl lawl).

Do you have any advice on what I might have been able to avoid getting rushed by him?

I used counter very effectively, and in turn used a few jabbing moves, but I was busy trying to do all that I could to escape his fire orbs (a bitch btw to avoid), while also attempting to reverse his attack so I could begin my own combos.

Didn't fly so hot, and I progressively got worse as I rematched.

I need to get better.

12-23-2007   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

tommy00X has a spectacular aura abouttommy00X has a spectacular aura about
IGN: tommy00X
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Solstice

use blow...that will slow him down..lol

12-23-2007   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:

where the dainn has a very good estimation and can react quickly to dash a s to their opponent, and use a whole variety of different combos. and when they don't have a good line up with their opponent, they quickly shift directions and boom a sexy combo thats takes out more than half your life. im not saying they're like this 100% of the time, more like 98%.

so yeah.. don't get your minds to think that pvp is all about combos.. that was my mindset the very first time, although it DOES play a major aspect in pvping, there's a preresquisite before the combo.. the first hit .

12-23-2007   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
xpecialmage?

EDIT: anyways.. that's how pro mages play u can't expect us to spam skills.. so owning the normal mages is not really an accomplishment
You Sir are a psychic! I want revennnngee *shakes fist* >:]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy00xu
use blow...that will slow him down..lol
Omg I tried that a few times... but that mage was ALL UP IN MY GRILL >.> lol.

Seems like mages got the upper hand in PvP against knights, til I get better ^_^

Eir's hurt like crazy btw... with their flourescent moon petals of hell, and their speedy bullet of homing ownage.

Man T_T I haven't had a Knight fight in ages.... I wanna fight just knights like in the Korean PvP vids :P

12-23-2007   #13 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

It's not "XpecialMage" it was "XpecialDainn" or my brother's Dainn, "XpecialMagic" <.<;;

Get it right people D:

12-23-2007   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Omg I tried that a few times... but that mage was ALL UP IN MY GRILL >.> lol.

Seems like mages got the upper hand in PvP against knights, til I get better ^_^

Eir's hurt like crazy btw... with their flourescent moon petals of hell, and their speedy bullet of homing ownage.

Man T_T I haven't had a Knight fight in ages.... I wanna fight just knights like in the Korean PvP vids :P
you know, there IS a way to avoid getting hit after the attempt of blow. you can just press S very quickly to cancel it and escape, then go for another charge to the opponent. and.. all your strong spells are in the 40+.. while the mage has his/her major spells to combo in the 20-40 max (pillar, fireball, cold blue dragon, etc). so the mage spells' damage are spread around equally, other than combos that connect to a other combo such as pillar, or kicking for siegs. the warriors skills are heavy damage such a FF and D fist. so yeah.. another tip: try using painful skills against your opponent early.. otherwise it would do less damage in your combo. so pvping isn't only about hack slash and combo .

12-23-2007   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
It's not "XpecialMage" it was "XpecialDainn" or my brother's Dainn, "XpecialMagic" <.<;;

Get it right people D:
Ahha! It was you ^_^. Gotta honestly say it was great to fight someone who is really good. Though I lost, I had a great time.

When I get better (and higher) lol...

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG >o<

Quote:
you know, there IS a way to avoid getting hit after the attempt of blow. you can just press S very quickly to cancel it and escape, then go for another charge to the opponent. and.. all your strong spells are in the 40+.. while the mage has his/her major spells to combo in the 20-40 max (pillar, fireball, cold blue dragon, etc). so the mage spells' damage are spread around equally, other than combos that connect to a other combo such as pillar, or kicking for siegs. the warriors skills are heavy damage such a FF and D fist. so yeah.. another tip: try using painful skills against your opponent early.. otherwise it would do less damage in your combo. so pvping isn't only about hack slash and combo .

Lol so many thanks for your awesome tips ^_^

I didn't know you could cancel blow with S! I'll have to practice it now.

And ty ty for the damage skill ideas :P I used to always do stages and tried to combo long ones for maximum damage... Learning to compensate for PvP's (short combo, high damage) mentality heh.

12-23-2007   #16 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

darkdestiny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
where the dainn has a very good estimation and can react quickly to dash a s to their opponent, and use a whole variety of different combos. and when they don't have a good line up with their opponent, they quickly shift directions and boom a sexy combo thats takes out more than half your life. im not saying they're like this 100% of the time, more like 98%.

so yeah.. don't get your minds to think that pvp is all about combos.. that was my mindset the very first time, although it DOES play a major aspect in pvping, there's a preresquisite before the combo.. the first hit .
half life combo o.o so not bad. By example I meant like actual mages who you find decent =P.

Quote:
Yeah man, I ended up eating a ton of his attacks by trying to slow him down with a lvl 1 provoke (yeah nub lvl ftl lawl).

Do you have any advice on what I might have been able to avoid getting rushed by him?

I used counter very effectively, and in turn used a few jabbing moves, but I was busy trying to do all that I could to escape his fire orbs (a bitch btw to avoid), while also attempting to reverse his attack so I could begin my own combos.

Didn't fly so hot, and I progressively got worse as I rematched.

I need to get better.
Provoking at level 1 is actually pretty risky. The main point of provoke is to cause flinch and pullback which in turn sets them up perfectly for a DASH AS then combo straight up from there. At level 1, the distance you will need might be too close and pull them too far back. This might be a problem as it's hard to tell where they are so you can't follow up with a DASH AS.

As to preventing charges, you have to be good at knowing your AA swing so you know the right timing to swing AA to prevent them from stepping in hitting limits. There are of course other ways but this is just the main one.

12-23-2007   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

shadowclaw is on a distinguished road

@ xpecial i pvped ur brother, xpecialsword?

and yeah some dainns noe how to pvp and not just randomly spam stuff

12-23-2007   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
half life combo o.o so not bad. By example I meant like actual mages who you find decent =P.

Provoking at level 1 is actually pretty risky. The main point of provoke is to cause flinch and pullback which in turn sets them up perfectly for a DASH AS then combo straight up from there. At level 1, the distance you will need might be too close and pull them too far back. This might be a problem as it's hard to tell where they are so you can't follow up with a DASH AS.

As to preventing charges, you have to be good at knowing your AA swing so you know the right timing to swing AA to prevent them from stepping in hitting limits. There are of course other ways but this is just the main one.
Thanks a lot for the tips man. :P

*Bows* Zyris is the sensei of senseis :P

12-23-2007   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

lol xpecial, we couldnt ever play seriously. we were both lagging. i had lag spikes and i never knew wut happened during a combo.

01-14-2008   #20 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Sometimes I use provoke in between combos and it works pretty well. It kind-of acts like a Dainn's "Hands of Earth" except you NEED to Dash + A after it. Try this combo out..

AAS AAAA Kicking S Shift AAAA >> A CrossCut (cancel) Space AAAA Provoke >> A

The combo is really lengthy. I know it could use some work, but If you were to somehow add a little spice into it, you can use kicking once again. FYI, this combo ends about 1 or 2 seconds (maybe even 0.5 seconds) before you can use kicking, so if you were manage to perfect it, it could be really useful for keeping them up in the air without having to use the tricky A S space space inf. wall combo @_@

Edit: Another thing, if you DO manage to use kicking, adding a bunch of A's S's and Space's into the combo will able you to use Crosscut sooner or later >_>. I play Dainn now, so this combo is really something I'd not waste my time on perfecting, but it's something i WAS trying to get the concept of. Windmilling's not an option either (for me), I'm not that skilled with Seig anymore.

But meh, feel free to use it whomever reads this.