Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-30-2008   #1 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of
Default How (not) to contribute to cobolt raids

I was gonna put this in rant, but really, I don't think it's quite angry enough for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHawk
Miseri should write the negative copy of his raid guide, as in what to do in order to fail
Warning: this post is moderately sarcastic. If you are not good at comprehending sarcasm, stop reading now.

This post will teach you how to best contribute to any cobolt raid party you join.

First off, as soon as you get through the door, run around hoping someone will save you from the small land spirits. You can't knock them down, so just try to attract as much attention as you can, then run toward a healer or one of the larger land spirits; ideally, you should aim for one that's under attack. After all, anyone brave enough to fight a large land spirit can surely deal with some pesky small ones too.

Make sure you don't touch the large land spirits though. They'll rain fire and brimstone if you even dare to look at them the wrong way. Don't worry, the rest of your party can take care of them.

If you have the great misfortune to have Magic Concentration Stones with you, make sure you stare at the reagents and stop to chat before using them. Ideally, you want at least half of the party to leave before you activate the buff.

After you pass the antlion pits. you need to remain vigilant so that baby dragons don't attack your party. Even if your skills are on cooldown, or no dragons are in sight, you can't spare a moment of your attention to hit the door. Otherwise, dragons could ambush your party and you'll all be doomed.

Once the door has been torn down by your reliable teammates, head in and fight more baby dragons, but be sure not to waste any of your skills on them. After all, the baby dragons past the door don't have any attacks, so there's no danger from having all of them up and uncared for. This is also true for any large land spirits that may be present.

Rush into the tunnel as quickly as you can, and run straight at the reavers. The scout is a myth, the only thing that matters is getting to the reavers first so you don't get hit by an invisible beam. In the rare occasion that you do spot the cobolt scout, spam low-damage knockdowns to prevent it from going anywhere.

While fighting multiple reavers, make sure you stay near as many people in your party as you can. This is especially important after you use your highest damage attacks. Remember, there's strength in numbers.

Once you get to the barricades, stare at the cobolts. They will become very afraid and run away. If you're feeling particularly confident, try to get them out from behind the fences and into the middle of the pathway. That way, whoever is luring the warriors will have an obstacle course to keep them awake.

Once the warriors are brought back, spam all the skills you have to knock them back. You never know when they'll break through that fence, so it's best if you keep maximum distance at all times. If you are a Sieg, it is imperative that you use Destruction Fist here. The disconnection bug is a myth, easily proven by doing several raids with this tactic.

As you progress through the barricades, you can safely ignore all of the common cobolt catapulters. As long as you don't knock them down, they can't knock you down, which means they're completely harmless.

Important note: If you see any large cobolts with blue armor, do not attack them without the help of a friend! They're far too dangerous to attempt to kill alone; instead, your best option when confronted with them is to knock them away from you (toward the other cobolts) so that you won't have to deal with them. The fact that putting them where they're surrounded by dozens of friends will make them harder to safely kill isn't your problem.

When you enter the hallway, don't dash! Dashing makes it very likely that you will run into bombs before you can see them coming. (Granted, it also makes it more likely that you'll be left behind the bombs in the first place, but that's just a minor issue.)

In the cobolt room, run to the top, then make sure to stay as safe as possible. Ideally, this means pushing all the mobs toward the center of the room (aim for the sleep pumps), then retreating back to the top.

Before you enter the scorpion room, be absolutely sure to lure the scorpion kings out and then ignore them without trying to figure out if you trust your party to fight them normally. Everyone in your party has unlimited time and won't care about an extra five minutes added onto the run for no good reason at all.

If you somehow failed to lure the kings, don't risk your valuable life trying to block the scorpion kings. Should they choose to attack, it's completely impossible to escape their melee range in time, so you're best off running away and attempting to kill them purely through ranged attacks.

In the golem room, if you are in charge of initially luring the golems, rush in and provoke immediately. Don't let the fact that provoke doesn't have a wide enough range to affect all of the golems deter you; without that immediate provoke, some of the golems may simply ignore you and charge across a full screen to massacre your party.

If, on the other hand, you're tasked with more mundane duties, rush down as soon as you hear the first movement of golems. Waiting for the golems to be secured is completely unnecessary. All that matters is getting a catapulter, regardless of how many golems you hit in the process.

In the cactus room, hide in the bottom left corner no matter what. The rest of the room is far too dangerous to go wandering around in until that corner is clear. Fire ranged, AOE attacks randomly toward the center of the room, you'll probably hit something. Once the bottom left is clear, knock any remaining mobs to the top right and then kill the stationary cacti. If you're not careful, they'll chase you all around the room and murder your healers.

After every other mob in the room is dead, watch the thorny captain closely. If he so much as twitches, run in erratic circles to attempt to avoid his inevitable attack. Do not attack until after someone else does.

As you are probably aware, after the thorny captain's death, eight stationary cacti will spawn. The most important thing is to blindly attack the same cactus in every raid you attend. Don't worry about your party members, they can handle themselves fine.

When you get to the cobolt captains, immediately run to the top left corner and wait for someone to lure the captains in. Leave complex tasks such as blocking the captains or killing medics to the more skilled players in your party.

If you are being targeted by the reaver here, do your best to run to whoever is fighting the scorpion king. If you are being targeted by the scorpion king, do your best to run to the reaver. If you can keep both bosses close together, you can hit both of them at once.

If you know how to lure any of the adamans, keep this knowledge to yourself. Wait for more competent players to volunteer. If you're lucky, all of them will be taken and you won't have to do anything. This applies even after a couple minutes of standing in front of the bosses' room, waiting for a plan.

Of course, if you enjoy action, you should volunteer to distract the hand. Don't worry, it's extremely improbably that anyone will ever want to use the space you're standing in to complete their lure, and even if they do, they have all the time in the world to let you know which direction they need free.

Some other things to note throughout the raid include:

- if a provoke chain is being used, make sure to stand back and use ranged attacks. Siegs actually only use provoke because they have a terrible lack of ranged attacks, and the provoke chain provides absolutely no benefit to you.

- never use down attack! Despite the fact that down attack can allow you to deal high damage to many enemies at once, there is a small chance that your down attack will cause the universe to spontaneously implode. Don't risk it.

- High Ranking Cobolt Catapulters give you gold if you use attacks that put them near more of their friends.

- always bring reaver beams to your healers.

- if you're hit by a ranged attack, stand absolutely still. Chances are, another one won't come toward you on the exact same line.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Kismet is on a distinguished road

Awesome tips, I'll be sure to learn from it. Thanks for the tips ^^

You should include some tips about the Chariots and how to kill all the Antilion Pits.

Tias, try and get creative with my Tia Combo Creation Guide!

04-30-2008   #3 (permalink)
Poof!

chicka is on a distinguished road
IGN: iChicka, Aroc, Poison
Class: Eir, Thief, Knight
Level: 6x
Guild: Fusion and Synergy

I think you listed everything I do in raids T.T

~Spirit Lunia~ ... Chicka - Eir || Triangel - Iris || Aroc - Sieg

04-30-2008   #4 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

darkdestiny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
The same applies for me >__> O shi.

04-30-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Blakey85 is on a distinguished road

Woah...this cobolt raids sound hard/complex yet fun. I wish i could do one already >_>.

04-30-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gota is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdestiny
The same applies for me >__> O shi.

me three

mis, you forgot to add that you must run faster than the healer and pick up all those shiny jewel of life. They sell for 30G per

04-30-2008   #7 (permalink)

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

mis add killing ant lion pits WONT spwn more anoying dragons /lol.

dang i notice i do evrything up there =/

but but i stil have to disagree on dfist on captains D: its fast 1k dmg on them and they dont fly away D;
does it stil d/c? havent happen after maintence for me D;

04-30-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gaia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gaia
Class: Sieg lt_knight
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen

Lol Greatest Guide ever.
Gholy: 5x Eir
MageRD: 3x Wizard

Guild: Kaizen

04-30-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Melanor is on a distinguished road

gj on that one, anyone wants to do cobold with me eh?^^

Altheena - 5x - Hybrid Eir (Main)
Sheanna - 4x - Stage Tia

T > Some common sense for mayor stupidity...

04-30-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

pookie is on a distinguished road

thanks for guide ill rmemeber to use all these tips
BEAST아버지62 eir
pook까꽁57 sieg
YeSoul??/??423str/17.50% critpvp krieg
retired from lunia

04-30-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Adamant will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Adamant Send a message via MSN to Adamant
IGN: AdamantZ
Class: Knight
Level: 75
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri

Once you get to the barricades, stare at the cobolts. They will become very afraid and run away. If you're feeling particularly confident, try to get them out from behind the fences and into the middle of the pathway. That way, whoever is luring the warriors will have an obstacle course to keep them awake.
Lmao. I usually wait for someone to lure ._.

Quote:
if you are a Sieg, it is imperative that you use Destruction Fist here
i find D.Fist fun to use when they're trapped <<

Quote:
If you somehow failed to lure the kings, don't risk your valuable life trying to block the scorpion kings. Should they choose to attack, it's completely impossible to escape their melee range in time, so you're best off running away and attempting to kill them purely through ranged attacks.
I get scared sometimes and back off to range them, but i usually end up being a meat blocker D:

Quote:
When you get to the cobolt captains, immediately run to the top left corner and wait for someone to lure the captains in. Leave complex tasks such as blocking the captains or killing medics to the more skilled players in your party.
._. *Guilty*, except sometimes i kill the medics because they start throwing poison balloons at me and i get annoyed.

Quote:
If you know how to lure any of the adamans, keep this knowledge to yourself. Wait for more competent players to volunteer. If you're lucky, all of them will be taken and you won't have to do anything. This applies even after a couple minutes of standing in front of the bosses' room, waiting for a plan.
I do this sometimes ;-;

Quote:
- never use down attack! Despite the fact that down attack can allow you to deal high damage to many enemies at once, there is a small chance that your down attack will cause the universe to spontaneously implode. Don't risk it.

- High Ranking Cobolt Catapulters give you gold if you use attacks that put them near more of their friends.

These just made me lol XD

04-30-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Muley is on a distinguished road

It's so good to know that's all part of what I do regularly, still need to perfect it though. I could add a few things:

- icewall anywhere and everything: icewall on the antlion pits, so all baby dragons can be lured at one party member; ice wall on the hallway witht he chariots, and make sure you have party members behind you; icewall the cobolt captains, so they start moving again.

- never, ever dash. No attacks can flintch, and you can out run everything. If you just walk when you are down, there's a slightly chance you will get up with 0 life. It's certainly worth the risk.

- if you are luring scorp out, and the chariot managed to get into the corridor, DONT MOVE. Like, REALLY DONT MOVE AT ALL, cause the scorp is being lured; ignore the bombs, the explosives, arrow shower, the chariot itself, because the scorp IS NOT OUT YET. If you are a late runner, make sure to bring a second chariot to keep the other one company.

- If you are not an eir, get the jewels, just in case every other eirs get disconected.

05-02-2008   #13 (permalink)

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point

i pick up jewel coz i got alot of space

05-02-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
- If you are not an eir, get the jewels, just in case every other eirs get disconected.
-Remember. If you are a Sieg, Dainn, or Tia you MUST pick up Jewels of Life before the healer does. Remeber: it's a race. And when you die be sure to tell the healer that you picked up a Jewel of Life and for her to res you. It's imperative you tell the healer this ONLY after you die with 0 Lives and 0 HP. If you tell him/her before, she may DC.

I fugging hate that.
It's not a fugging race people, to see who can collect all the jewels in the raid and trade them to the healers the fastest.

05-02-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

tommy00X has a spectacular aura abouttommy00X has a spectacular aura about
IGN: tommy00X
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Solstice

lol..nice tips..

05-05-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

fLinty is on a distinguished road
IGN: Moppet
Class: Eir to_shaman

Mis, I <3 this Guide! ^^

Thanks to Synlight for siggy! <3

05-26-2008   #17 (permalink)
~_~
Games
Dragon NestLuniaDungeon Fighter Online

Pathos has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
Important note: If you see any large cobolts with blue armor, do not attack them without the help of a friend! They're far too dangerous to attempt to kill alone; instead, your best option when confronted with them is to knock them away from you (toward the other cobolts) so that you won't have to deal with them. The fact that putting them where they're surrounded by dozens of friends will make them harder to safely kill isn't your problem.
I lol-ed at this part so much.

Nevertheless, I loved the guide. :P