ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Hunting Grounds (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-hunting-grounds/)
-   -   Which character is good for a new player? (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-hunting-grounds/16051-character-good-new-player.html)

Karbonize 01-18-2008 09:10 PM

Which character is good for a new player?

What character is good for a new player? I'm usually drawn to magic types, but I figured they're gonna need a LOT of HP/MP potions, etc. So, what should I pick? I like being able to kill things very fast and I grind A LOT.

Gota 01-18-2008 09:19 PM

Dainn will be good then i guess. Lunia is different than most mmo, you don't spam stuff, no need to spam pots too. Dainn can hold S button to recharge mp. (You still will need to carry pots, but just no need to spam it, pots in this game are CHEAPPPP)

Every character levels at same rate.

Dainn is a wizard, so that should be good for u.

Karbonize 01-18-2008 09:20 PM

I was looking around and seeing things called Stages. What are they? Are those like training grounds or something? Are their quests or do you just kill to level up?

xgaryx 01-18-2008 09:21 PM

this game is divided on episodes which are divided on stages, every episode has 10 stages

Gota 01-18-2008 09:25 PM

again, another difference of lunia from other games. Lunia has a story that you go by, like an arcade game, you go from stages to stages, theres an 'ending' to the game, but you can redo stages that you beaten before to gain experience and train for levels. Those standard stages are 1-1H to 3-10H then 1-1L to 3-10L the difference in H and L are like the difficulties in other console games. L is the harder difficulty. You unlock L by beating H.

There are side stages you can do to get experience, and raid stages. Basically just additional stages you can play. Raid stages can be up to 8 people. Normal stages have a max of 4.

There are quests for stages, main quests are the boss quests you can get in the square, basically just beat the boss of each stage. There are alot of side quests too, most give experience, some give money/items.

Square is like just a map where everyone can socialize, and where you can buy/sell/store/upgrade stuff.

Karbonize 01-18-2008 09:25 PM

I see some skills are like A-A or something, how do you attack in this game? It doesn't seem like any other MMOs.

Gota 01-18-2008 09:28 PM

Lunia is not a point and click game. You play Lunia like a console game where you have a controller, but we use keyboards and numberpad/arrow keys instead of a hand held controller, if you want though, you can purchase a hand held controller and use that to play lunia after you have it properly set up.

Karbonize 01-18-2008 09:32 PM

So, you can't set skills to like number 1-0 and click those to do a skill, you actually do a key sequence?

bananza 01-18-2008 09:33 PM

This game is made up of combos rather than clicking a monster and using a skill/normal attacks. With this you'll have much more control over your AoE's. The AoE's are almost fully dependent on the user, the only thing that has a set value is the range. It's a hack and slash + combo MMORPG.

About the skills, you DO set the skills to 1-0, and the normal attack buttons are A, S and SPACE. An example for a combo of my own[Sieg] on my keyset would be: [having CrossCut on #8 and Kicking on #1] AAS AA 8 SPACE 1.

It's a bit simple for me, and a bit hard for a new comer, but it's a good example to show how the combo system works.

Gota 01-18-2008 09:34 PM

you still use 1-0, the whole keyboard is your controller. You do a combination of key sequences with A, S, space and 1-0 to attack. You can combo in this game, which will net you more damage, because the longer you keep a monster in the air, the more the damage multiplies (PvE). You don't just spam skills in Lunia.

Just give the game a try and these things will explain itself.

Karbonize 01-18-2008 09:38 PM

Don't you have to target with the mouse or no? I don't see how it's physically possible to hit #1 and then AAS #8 click...

Maybe I'm just so used to setting skills on the keyboard and point and hitting a button =/

EDIT: Also, anyone know why in hell my download speed is only 20kb/s? I just reinstalled XP and my Vista on the same PC had like 700kb/s download =/

Gota 01-18-2008 09:40 PM

you don't use the mouse at all to attack. you use the arrow/numberpad to move your character to face a monster, and the A, S, 1-0 buttons or whatever you are using will hit who you are facing.

If you have ever played any console or arcade fighting game (tekken, street fighter, super smash brothers, but 3D of course), you'll know what we are talking about, it is almost like that. you move a character and press buttons/combination of buttons to attack. No mouse, no pointing, no aiming with crosshair.

Karbonize 01-18-2008 09:46 PM

Seems odd, but I'm going to give it a go if my net would speed up :(. Never happened like this before I reinstalled :(.

Also, are there any good guides for Dainn or Wizard, or whatever it's called here? And is leveling the same here as in other MMOs or a LOT different?

Yuui 01-18-2008 09:48 PM

Depends.
It is the same in the sense that you kill lots of monsters and level up.

Different because you must concentrate doing everything because otherwise you'll probably die.

ares67 01-18-2008 09:48 PM

honestly explaining it is just hard, go to youtube look at some videos, if you like what you see download and play for yourself.

not trying to be rude here just helping you cause Lunia is a very rare kind of MMO and its gonna be hard to explain how it works although it seems Gota and the everyone are doing a good job so far. I'm just making it all easier

Airbend3r 01-18-2008 09:49 PM

if u want a character which is easy to learn and easy to handle

Gota 01-18-2008 09:51 PM

odd? o.o have you really not touched any console fighting games? x_x

anyways, hmmm exp is same, you fight, quest, complete stages to gain exp. In lunia tho, you tend to pay more attention to the fighting than the exp gaining. Because Lunia is imo a team based game, you have to be aware of the field and where everything is and working together. I tend to overlook my exp when I am playing a stage.

The guides are in the hunting ground section.

ares67 01-18-2008 09:51 PM

start with a sieg by the time you finish episode 1 you should understand how the game basically works and should be ready to make your main, or you can keep sieg as your main, there are tons of guides here on skills and combos just go to the sieg section and indulge. With all the rescources available at MyLunia atm its really hard to screw up.

Shmuppets 01-18-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

I don't see how it's physically possible to hit #1 and then AAS #8 click...
Some people around here can do it just fine, but if you're like me... you can change the hotkeys for an easier reach.

I've got my skill keys 12345 set as QWERT, and 67890 as ZXCVB.

Gota 01-18-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ares67 (Post 123457)
honestly explaining it is just hard, go to youtube look at some videos, if you like what you see download and play for yourself.

not trying to be rude here just helping you cause Lunia is a very rare kind of MMO and its gonna be hard to explain how it works although it seems Gota and the everyone are doing a good job so far. I'm just making it all easier

ares67 brought up a good idea, just go look up some Lunia videos, that'll explain half your questions XD

god why didn't I think of that >_> I feel so slow.. ._.