Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-18-2008   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Yuui is on a distinguished road

I suggest just play the game and go along with it, you know, get some experience. I have never played an action game before lunia. Doesn't matter if you can't combo yet, most important part is to dodge.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-18-2008   #22 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

As for guides, http://www.mylunia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11956 is probably the most detailed one, but it's not quite complete yet.

01-18-2008   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Karbonize is on a distinguished road
IGN: MrVelox
Class: 4141 Lion to_lion
Level: 13X
Guild: {StalkasRUs}

I've played fighting games on consoles, etc. It just seems a bit odd on the PC lol. Well, I'm still downloading, and trying to figure out why I only have a 20kb/s download on a 800kb/s+ connection .

01-18-2008   #24 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

bananza is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow, I just thought of the best thing...
[youtube]FbWtVTtfnw8[/youtube]
[youtube]5jttoal42Ug[/youtube]

He was lagging a bit when he recorded it, so it may not turn out so clear.
There are more videos he uploaded.

www.youtube.com/luniaarchiver

01-18-2008   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gota is on a distinguished road

omfg banana, i was searching for that! Barius must live on! =D

01-18-2008   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Shmuppets is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, I'm still downloading, and trying to figure out why I only have a 20kb/s download on a 800kb/s+ connection
I had the same... the download servers aren't the best.

Well, neither are the game servers.

I guess I should also warn you... this game is still in beta, or at least our version of it is. The servers run well when they work, but they crash often. The game is playable enough to enjoy, but its gonna be a couple of months before it gets cleaned up.

01-18-2008   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuppets
I had the same... the download servers aren't the best.

Well, neither are the game servers.

I guess I should also warn you... this game is still in beta, or at least our version of it is. The servers run well when they work, but they crash often. The game is playable enough to enjoy, but its gonna be a couple of months before it gets cleaned up.
1-2 months is what we are promised by the company atm =D I don't think they want to displease us anymore than they have already, so, it should be within these months. March at the latest.

01-18-2008   #28 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

What would be the easiest class first? A knight or seig or something that just hits instead of using all the spells, etc?

01-18-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

Yeah, a sieg will be pretty basic for you to learn combos and buttons at first, because a dainn can't do much without spells(Which you need to level up to get), and you really don't know what to get until you read up on guides or test them out with a test character. But then again, that goes for all characters, you have to test out skills. Don't expect your first character to be perfect. Read up on guides, thats the best thing for you to do.

01-18-2008   #30 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbonize
What would be the easiest class first? A knight or seig or something that just hits instead of using all the spells, etc?
More than 75% of the skills for Sieg are used in combos.
It's up to you actually, I think Sieg is the most versatile with Combos, but that may only be because it's my expertise.
I think they're all the same difficulty at the start, but once you get used to one of them you become a little biased to which is easier.

01-18-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

From your replies, I am thinking that healers will not be your thing, since your experience with other mmo will probably make you hate playing healers in this game, or at least imo.

If I were you, I'd make a sieg to test out the game itself first, to get a feel of what combo is, how the game is played, etc. Then after a bit, go and make a wizard.

Be careful though, just because Dainn is a wizard, it doesn't mean all you need to do is just spam skills, Dainn can also combo too, which you will learn by reading guides, visiting the practice field stage, or just think of some during stages =) (If you just spam skills, people will most likely hate to party with you, in L stages anyways.)

01-18-2008   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

I looked in the Sieq section and I couldn't find a guide for a new player. Is there a main guide for starting out as a sieq or what? Also, what's L3-1, etc?

Why would people hate me if I just spammed skills? I'd be killing, so what's it matter?

01-18-2008   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

You begin at stage 1-1 History, after you beat it, you can go on to 1-2 History, then after you beat it to 1-3, and so on, after 1-10 History, you get to go to 2-1 History and so on till 2-10 H, then 3-1 H to 3-10 H. After that, you get to go on to 1-1 Legend, and so on and so fourth again with 1-2 L , 1-3 L .......3-1L .......3-10L.

Each of those are stages. So a total of 30 Stages in H, then the same stages again in L which is a harder difficulty. Other than these main stages though, there are side stages and raid stages as I mentioned before.

01-18-2008   #34 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
I looked in the Sieq section and I couldn't find a guide for a new player. Is there a main guide for starting out as a sieq or what? Also, what's L3-1, etc?
What areas are you cloudy on Sieg? I'll do my best to help you out on that, no need for guides. Just let me know what you want to know, generals or specifics, I'll do my best.

And the 3-1L: 3 = the episode. 1 = the stage. L = the difficulty, legend is accessible once you've beaten 3-10H(history).

01-18-2008   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Like how do I add stats on sieq, how do I get skills, etc? Or do the skills appear at the right level?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm drawn to cash shops of all MMOs just because they usually help you a LOT in game. What advantages does Lunia's cash shop offer?

01-18-2008   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

stats are added automatically when you level up, only way for player to 'add' stat is through your equipment.

You get skill points as you level, and skills have levels, which have level requirements.

01-18-2008   #37 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Like how do I add stats on sieq, how do I get skills, etc? Or do the skills appear at the right level?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm drawn to cash shops of all MMOs just because they usually help you a LOT in game. What advantages does Lunia's cash shop offer?
Skills will automatically be available once you've reached the required level.

Unfortunately, the cash shop credit was only given to the people who were already a part of Lunia when Cash Shop was finally implemented. New members won't have it, sorry.

Although... there is extracted coins, if you get 50 of them you can get one cash shop item. You can't find them, you have to extract some of your current cash shop items in order to get the few that it gives. Extracting destroys your items and gives you some forging materials in return, but in this case, extract coins. They're tradeable, unlike cash shop items themselves. They cost, on average, 1g per coin though :/.

01-18-2008   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

That's horrible. Taking away a chance for someone to spend money on the game =/. Do you think they'll have it like Trickster Online or MapleStory's cash shop? Or will it always be like this?

How do I add stats to my str, etc?

01-18-2008   #39 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
That's horrible. Taking away a chance for someone to spend money on the game =/. Do you think they'll have it like Trickster Online or MapleStory's cash shop? Or will it always be like this?

How do I add stats to my str, etc?
The only way to customize your stats is through your equipment. You can't manually add them as you level up. Yeah it sucks... but you'll get used to it I guarantee you.

And yes cash shop will come out soon, or so they say. Knowing that, you know just as much as we do.

01-18-2008   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

I think you just confused him with that post banana XD

Basically, the Cash shop is not out yet, it will be once the game goes official, hopefully in 1-2 months as we are promised.

Right now there are some cash items around because of an event earlier, which gave everyone 500 test 'luni cash' points. The only method of obtaining cash items atm are extracted coins which banana explained above, but it can only net you cash clothings, which would be pointless for your purpose at this moment.