ggFTW (
-   Lunia Hunting Grounds (
-   -   The way of making dimly +9 item? (

Blizt 10-13-2007 10:32 PM

The way of making dimly +9 item?
Until recently, when I went upgrading something, I always did the old routine of grading first then try +9, then dimly, but is this really the best way to get dimly +9 on an item especially something might be rare/unique?

I think that, if we were to make good/godly item, the best way would be the following:

- Directly go upgrading your desired items to +9
- Try to make as many +9 items without grading, say maybe least 3 to 4?
- Grade them after +9 (or even dimly before that if you wished)
- Dimly, if you haven't
*note* This work best with items you can mass produce, like say Legendary Elf Archer Sword; this method might not apply as good as on the rare/unique items, since most of the time they could be so rare to find and expensive, it will be hard to come out with 3 same items before grading.

I figured that many people probably already know this by now, but I will still explain why it's better this way =O

- When you got an good item (let's use example of L. Snowman Top which you want to make it with good VIT grade, +9, and dimly which also mean if you success that is one sick good item!), if you tried grading first, say if you got a +11 VIT grade, really, unless you're very used to breaking items, do you dare to risk of breaking the nice grading item you just got?

- When you're afraid to try it, you'll probably left that good item staying at +3 or +4, which is a total waste.

- But when you did the reversed way, if you +9 and dimly an item first, and get quite a number of them, it's easier to make good item.

- And the best part is, even if some of the items' grading turns out bad (just not bad enough like -6 or more VIT or -dmg grade), you can still sell them at a fairly good price! Why? Because it's freaking +9 and dimlied~ Sometime people won't care that much if the grading is still "ok" =]

P.S. To be honest, I haven't made that many items with +9 and dimly like many had done already, but I haven't now doesn't mean I can't in the future, so I'd still like to share this tiny bits of information with those who haven't thought about it =] GL to you all of making godly items~

P.S.(2) I just want to share some tips with people, even if this is well-known, please do not flame me >.> (if you think all these talk is a waste of time or junk, just ignore it...OTL)

GalaxiaFlare 10-13-2007 10:41 PM

That's a good point, Blizt. O.o

I still do it the grade then +9 then dimly way, but that's a good idea too :D

Kreig 10-14-2007 09:37 AM

but you might get -11vit after +9 dimly LOL.

Point 10-14-2007 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by samicool10 (Post 54316)

of course you might, but if you wanted to make a really good item, this should be the way to do it; like I said, if you got a good grade before u go +9 it, some ppl are just not willing to risk it.
(for instance just go on street and see how many ppl with dmg grade on their armour stays at +4 or lower =P)

I am not saying this is a way that will always work nicely for you, but I believe the depression you get from getting a bad grading on your +9 dimly is much better than looking at your good graded item go poof~

EDIT:...Shoot, I kept using my bro's account >.>

Blizt 10-14-2007 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by samicool10 (Post 54316)

oh and another thing, didn't I mention that this works best with items you can mass produce? So the cost won't be that much....

Also, if you think you're probably gonna end up getting a bad grade, then just stop when u made it +9 (since dimly might cost you lots of money, say maybe 16g least?)

I really don't see the catalysts and the fort stone you used to get to +9 is really costing you anything...they're so cheap =O

ForteEscape 10-14-2007 08:36 PM

It's a great guide, but I agree with FlareKnight.

If my grade comes out to be a +stat, I usually just keep it (Unless it's INT, MP, or HP, then I have some second thoughts) and +9/Dimly from there.

Kreig 10-15-2007 03:22 AM

lol i would continue forti it if i have any spare part over.i broke my chariot boots 8~8 dmg grade at +8 LOL!

Cesar 11-03-2007 01:35 PM

woot my first +9 item

Precision 11-08-2007 10:02 PM

Hmm, great idea here. Why didnt I thought of this haha. Great one dude. I'll go try it out myself. (:

Airbend3r 11-28-2007 04:52 PM

both grades arnt always god like ive seen a +9 dimly elf archer with the grades +5 mana -2 int so u lose 6 mana its rae to get 2 good grades so i just grade first

SkyAngelic 12-24-2007 08:59 AM

Erm..Usually, all i do is use catalysts after the 4th upgrade, and if it reaches +9, id light fortify that item :O

Light Fortification is so useful on armors that give like +3 str int dex vit 10+ mp and hp o_o

kennypunpun 01-15-2008 07:09 PM

light fortification only gives 1 stat that item already has.

Ulquiorra 01-28-2008 02:17 PM

Nice very nice guide

whitepage 01-30-2008 01:29 PM

I think people ( me ) are still afraid to break an item that has really godly grade ( sexy dmg ), That like putting X00g on the line. A weapon has to be +7 at least, but if any sieg hands has a nice dmg grade, it worth quite alot since 6D herc hand give only 12 strg?

"lol i would continue forti it if i have any spare part over.i broke my chariot boots 8~8 dmg grade at +8 LOL!" ~ Krieg

- I always has the same feeling its all or nth. Most of the time, its nth :#

Airbend3r 01-30-2008 03:12 PM

man why u have to bring this old post back up