Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

XxVX2xX is on a distinguished road
Default For Gamepad Users

This is for people who use GamePads (controllers) for Lunia and have trouble configuring Lunia's preset buttons.
I found a way to change the buttons around and I edited the annoying Inventory and Magic Skills buttons to Quick Slot 9 and 0 respectively.

Here is the file:
http://www.fileupyours.com/files/123...ePad%20FIX.rar

Here is the Virus-Scan if you think its a keylogger or something
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...2xx/VirSca.jpg

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-29-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

a2xvillian is on a distinguished road

heh Nice, thanx for this. Its actually a pretty useful guide u have included in there. I may be using this for a few things. Thanx

08-29-2007   #3 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

lol, the both of you have made this game so much better to play. I'm ticked that the option to change gamepad settings is disabled though, it was the first thing I tried to change when i started playing.

I'll probably go in later and mess with it, my fighting is getting messed up XD

Thanks for this :3

EDIT:

I tested this out, and it works well, but here's a couple of notes:

If you change the default attack buttons to mimic your own, then be warned: there's a chance it will read it as a double press.

Example: I set button 3 to be my A attack. My emulator (Xpadder) is set to register 3 as A. so when I press 3, the game things i pressed the A attack twice.

The fix? I blanked out the 3 button on my Xpadder. simple.

Also I don't know how o tweak this just yet, But I have my button 1 set as my moon pieces, but the default hardcoded key is my A attack. I have a split second delay where it seems like My healer is contemplating attacking, but then casts Moon piece. And i can't figure out how to recode this.

Fortunately for me, this split second has never really come into play in a bad way, so I don't care. This is subject to change as i get to harder stages though.

08-29-2007   #4 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically, no editing isn't really needed if you're happy with your keyboard emulator I'm assuming? It seems the major problem people were encountering was that button 9 and 10 on the controllers defaulted to something in lunia already so since that was fixed, the keyboard emulators should work perfectly. I would totally love to try it out right now, but...well...I got that cursed bug and my stuff is gone so I'm gonna avoid logging in until it's fixed. Thanks for this, though.

08-30-2007   #5 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner4540
Basically, no editing isn't really needed if you're happy with your keyboard emulator I'm assuming? It seems the major problem people were encountering was that button 9 and 10 on the controllers defaulted to something in lunia already so since that was fixed, the keyboard emulators should work perfectly. I would totally love to try it out right now, but...well...I got that cursed bug and my stuff is gone so I'm gonna avoid logging in until it's fixed. Thanks for this, though.
no, you need to edit some stuff If your button 3 (x button on a PS controller, A (green) on an Xbox controller) is ANYTHING other than Space (down attack).

I had to change mine to A so i wouldn't randomly do a down attack (which was my main problem).

Afterwards, I had to remove the A command from my emulator (xpadder) so i would not double attack accidentally.

If you have no problem with the game's default attack buttons:

A attack is Button 1 (Triangle (PS), Y (Gamecube), or Y (Yellow(Xbox))),
B (or S) Attack is Button 2 (O (PS), X (game cube), or B (Red(Xbox))),
DOWNATTACK (or space) button 3 (X (PS), A (Gamecube), or A (green(Xbox)))

Personally, I find it awkward to use button 3 for Down attack, Since I'm used to that being my most used button (it's the trigger or main button in most console game).

Especially for Gamecube controllers (if anyone can use one for a PC), since the A button is HUGE. (then again, GC controllers are inferior for Lunia, due to 2 less buttons than the others).

I hope this clarifies what I meant to say.

08-30-2007   #6 (permalink)
kaiesis

Thx for the help.
I had that double attack problem and the X button always doing Down Attacks no matter what i set it to.

08-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

UPDATE:

I was over at a friend's house, and while he was asleep, he let me use his computer to play Lunia.

So I plug in my controller and try to start playing (after adding in my modified files to tweak my gamepad) and I realized some things that were horribly wrong:

1.) I still did an accidental dash when tapping a directional button once. This is BAD for a healer, it throws off our aim.

2.) my button 1, which was my Moon pieces did not fire my skill, instead, made me do a regular attack.

3.) When i pressed a diagonal on my controller, it stuck, causing me to walk continuously in that direction.

I isolated the sources of the problems, and these are the fixes I found.

PROBLEM 1: ACCIDENTAL DASH
Cause: Program (Lunia) is detecting 2 inputs each time you press a directional button, and therefore, it thinks you pressed said button twice. The result is a dash.

Solution: The solution is really simple: Turn off the arrow buttons on the Dpad on your emulator. Do not turn off the Dpad itself.

While this is easy with Xpadder and Joytokey, it will not be possible with the default software to keyboard emulators such as the one that comes with the Game Elements controllers (including the Recoil).

This is when Emulator profiles come in VERY handy.

PROBLEM 2: HOTKEYED SKILL NOT WORKING
Cause: Same as above, double input. However, this will vary between systems, and may not require a fix unless it gets out of hand.

Solution: Go into the following files:
Default_KeyInput_All
KeyInput_LuniaClient
KeyInput_LuniaSquare

WARNING
Always back up the files before modifying them. Always. there's always that chance you'll mess up what you're doing (i did the first time).

You'll need to change the code around. If your problem is that Button 1 (Triangle (PS), Y (Gamecube), or Y (Yellow(Xbox))) Does not fire a skill if that is what you want it to do, you need to change this:

Quote:
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_1" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="K_INPUT A pressed"/>
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_1" Ext="None" Phase="Released" Group="General" CommandLine="K_INPUT A released"/>
with this:

Quote:
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_1" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT SelectJoypadSkill"/>
doing this will unbind button 1 from being your A attack. Feel free to then change it to whatever you like in your emulator.

PROBLEM 3: PERPETUAL WALKING FROM TAPPING DIAGONAL
Cause: unknown

Solution: It fixed itself when I solved problem 1. Maybe they're related?

---

For those who don't want to Download XxVX2xX's file:

This is not meant to steal credit from XxVX2xX, it is merely for those who don't want to download something that they have no clue if it's safe or not. Rest assured, I downloaded it, and it's perfectly fine, but this is for the cautious.

To unbind the start and select buttons:

First, MAKE BACKUP COPIES of the following files:

Default_KeyInput_All
KeyInput_LuniaClient
KeyInput_LuniaSquare

You will be altering these. If you mess up something, your gamepad might not even work in Lunia. That's what happened the first time I tried to edit the files, and I'm glad I had backup copies.

The code he changed in his files was such:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default original
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_9" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT Inventory"/>
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_10" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT MagicInfo"/>
He replaced it with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVX2xX's edit
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_9" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT QuickSlot 9" />
<KeyInput Code="JOPAD_BUTTON_10" Ext="None" Phase="Pressed" Group="General" CommandLine="UI_INPUT QuickSlot 0" />
This will change your button 9 (usually Select) from opening skills to activating hotkey 9, and Button 10 (usually Start) will now be Hotkey 0.

I personally changed mine to 8 and 9, but this is up to you.

If anyone needs their default battle keys changed, let me know. It's really easy to figure out how to change, but I'm, here to help if anyone needs it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default Attack buttons
A attack is Button 1 (Triangle (PS), Y (Gamecube), or Y (Yellow(Xbox))),

B (or S) Attack is Button 2 (O (PS), X (game cube), or B (Red(Xbox))),

DOWNATTACK (or space) button 3 (X (PS), A (Gamecube), or A (green(Xbox)))

I hope this was helpful.

Much <3 to all my fellow Gamepad users.

09-01-2007   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

nice add on!
with your permission id like to add this to the how-to guide inside the file.

09-01-2007   #9 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVX2xX
nice add on!
with your permission id like to add this to the how-to guide inside the file.
sure, go ahead

Main reason I posted this was just in case anyone else was having the same problem. once again huge props to you for finding this file, I'm too lazy to even look through the files in a game folder...lol :3

pretty soon this might end up being a support group for game pad users :3

09-01-2007   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

AceXwilD is on a distinguished road

Okay I don't have the patience to read all that but...... Does anyone know of any way to make is so that I can make the quick skills to F1-F10... I just think it would be alot easier to use as I could better judge where my skills are becuase there is a break in the keys every 4 keys.

------------
Hard: 4x Sieg
Snug: 3x Eir
Cloaked: 2x Dainn

09-01-2007   #11 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXwilD
Okay I don't have the patience to read all that but...... Does anyone know of any way to make is so that I can make the quick skills to F1-F10... I just think it would be alot easier to use as I could better judge where my skills are becuase there is a break in the keys every 4 keys.
I think all you have to do is go into the options menu and change the keyboard settings. However, the only thing i can think of that would be a problem is that F1 is the default "OK" or "Confirm" key (like escape is cancel).

09-18-2007   #12 (permalink)
Zorlex

Hey um does this work for Lunia Global Version? cause I'm just wondering if you can use a GamePad for the global version, because right now the GamePad is not available in the patcher options. is there anyway to use a GamePad on the Global Version?

09-24-2007   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

yup, this was especially made for the global version because of the lack of support for controllers in this version.

Download the file and follow the instructions, if you have any questions post here, and I'll try to help as best as I can.