Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-31-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

pyrite123 will become famous soon enough
Default Multiclienting Lunia!

Alright I don't know if this can be posted her or not but I know there were a lot of people who were asking about it at one point. I'll post a link to my guide anyways and if it's against GGFTW's rules let me know and I'll remove it. It may not work for a few people but it's still something worth trying out before you die. It's a cool program lol

How to multiclient

Oh and from what I've seen both clients get a different IP address just like if you were using two different computers. So ijji can't ban you for the same IP's.

Muh Yuki is smexy~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-31-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrite123
Alright I don't know if this can be posted her or not but I know there were a lot of people who were asking about it at one point. I'll post a link to my guide anyways and if it's against GGFTW's rules let me know and I'll remove it. It may not work for a few people but it's still something worth trying out before you die. It's a cool program lol

How to multiclient

Oh and from what I've seen both clients get a different IP address just like if you were using two different computers. So ijji can't ban you for the same IP's.
O_o
multiple comps on same router have the same IP
we'd get banned a lot time ago if they banned

05-31-2010   #3 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
O_o
multiple comps on same router have the same IP
we'd get banned a lot time ago if they banned
You are wrong.
Virtual machines have their own network server and establish a connection with a different IP.

I don't know much about how they operate to explain this, however they are not even close to being the same.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-01-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
You are wrong.
Virtual machines have their own network server and establish a connection with a different IP.

I don't know much about how they operate to explain this, however they are not even close to being the same.
Thank you for clearing that up ^^

Muh Yuki is smexy~

06-01-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"

the problem that I have with this software is that the graphic is so low it cant do anything beside afk. in addition, it freezes a lot of time.

06-01-2010   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
the problem that I have with this software is that the graphic is so low it cant do anything beside afk. in addition, it freezes a lot of time.
Virtual machines are not meant for the general computer.

You are essentially sharing 30-50% of your system power and Network bandwidth to operate the second OS.
If you have a computer with very good hardware you can get by without too much of a problem in terms of operating power, but your ISP network plan must also be able to handle the additional bandwidth being used in addition to what you're using already.

With that said, I'd recommend having moderate prior knowledge about systems and hardware specifications before ever trying to toy around with a VM.

06-01-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

bwahahah here comes the fishing hoe

06-01-2010   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashee
bwahahah here comes the fishing hoe
Yes, this is what makes the VM incredibly useful when you have to fuel 20 characters with fish for beads.

06-01-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Virtual machines are not meant for the general computer.

You are essentially sharing 30-50% of your system power and Network bandwidth to operate the second OS.
If you have a computer with very good hardware you can get by without too much of a problem in terms of operating power, but your ISP network plan must also be able to handle the additional bandwidth being used in addition to what you're using already.

With that said, I'd recommend having moderate prior knowledge about systems and hardware specifications before ever trying to toy around with a VM.
Yeah it works great as long as you got the specs to run it. For me it's laggy as hell once I get the second Lunia running. Though it's very helpful sometimes for fishing and guild contribution. Occasionally it will run well enough to dual stage to get dailies done quicker. Just have to minimize the main client outside the vmware to be able to give the vmware client more power. Hehe.

Muh Yuki is smexy~

06-01-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"

anyone knows how to get higher graphic than 128mb on the virtual machine?
also, what is the different of 1 and 2 cores, I dont see any different for that. Ram is useful or not for vm ware. (for lunia's speed only).
usually, i turn on 1 or 2 vm with one main client, and i have enough ram to share with to the vm.
spec: Quad core 2.3GHz
RAM: 8G
Graphic: geforce 9800

06-01-2010   #11 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
anyone knows how to get higher graphic than 128mb on the virtual machine?
also, what is the different of 1 and 2 cores, I dont see any different for that. Ram is useful or not for vm ware. (for lunia's speed only).
usually, i turn on 1 or 2 vm with one main client, and i have enough ram to share with to the vm.
spec: Quad core 2.3GHz
RAM: 8G
Graphic: geforce 9800
You can go higher in video power, but it's obvious your video card can't share any more then 128mb.
I use the same model at 512, but even if I could go over 128, I wouldn't do so because that just takes away from the primary OS.

1 or 2 cores make a major difference in multitasking.
If your intent is to just run lunia alone, then the single core does the job.
If you plan to run shitloads of applications, then 2 is your better choice.

1GB of RAM is enough for any VM to run optically, but since you can spare 2 without sacrificing primary performance, the extra GB is a bonus which can help lunia run more smoothly.

You should only be running 1 VM at a time unless you want to blow 50~75% of your primary operating power, which may and most likely overheat your system and cause strong latency on your network.

06-01-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Hey Light you seem to know more about configuring it than I do... could you possibly get teamviewer or something and see what could be done with my configuration to make Lunia run more smoothly on the ware? I can get it to run it just doesn't run that well. Or I can give you my specs..

That is if you don't mind, of course.

Muh Yuki is smexy~

06-01-2010   #13 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -

Having probelms with the first dwl torrent it gives me a bunch of rar. do i extract them all?

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

06-01-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You are wrong.

how am i wrong? i just said they dont ban for same IP's since i have the same as my brother and roommate

06-02-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
Having probelms with the first dwl torrent it gives me a bunch of rar. do i extract them all?
Ooops I missed that step. Perhaps I should have been more clear with the extracting process. IIRC all you have to do is highlight all of the .rar files and rightclick one and select "Extract Here". Once you do that it should merge all the parts together as it extracts. If that doesn't work post here again and I'll go back and redownload it and touch up to my guide.

Muh Yuki is smexy~

06-02-2010   #16 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrite123
Hey Light you seem to know more about configuring it than I do... could you possibly get teamviewer or something and see what could be done with my configuration to make Lunia run more smoothly on the ware? I can get it to run it just doesn't run that well. Or I can give you my specs..

That is if you don't mind, of course.
I'd need:
  • Hardware specifications
  • VM Software being used
  • Primary and VM OS information.

That would suffice

06-02-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
I'd need:
  • Hardware specifications
  • VM Software being used
  • Primary and VM OS information.

That would suffice
I figured a dxdiag would probably provide the most information so I uploaded that. Oh and I have Japanese Locales atm for JLunia, in case you wondered.

DxDiag: DxDiag.txt

Not sure what you mean the VM OS information other than it being Windows XP Professional.

Hope that's everything you need to know Thanks!

Muh Yuki is smexy~

06-02-2010   #18 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Single Core, 3GB RAM, 64 Bit Windows XP Professional, 128mb video

These I believe would be ideal, and you can up your VM video memory by sharing it with the VM RAM.

06-02-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
These I believe would be ideal, and you can up your VM video memory by sharing it with the VM RAM.
How do I do that?

Muh Yuki is smexy~

06-02-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

This is... promotion of piracy.

But I no longer see the rule that directly prohibits that. Eh, carry on.