MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (89) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-04-2010   89 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW
Default Lunia Voice File Editing Guide (Making Voice FX your own!)

DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE ANYMORE. Due to Allm changing the files voice editing, or any other form of editing cannot be done anymore.

Before you start, please read these notes!

Damaging Your Client : Although this likely only happens to skill-image and other edits, voice file edit MAY damage your client, causing lag issues or possible fatal errors. I, however, did not get any errors from doing so. But still, take risk of this and note that I am not responsible if your client gets damaged. If you are in need of help, please PM me your problem and maybe I can fix it.

Reputation : Even though this guide may seem semi-pointless, I did put much effort into making this. Please give your thanks by adding reputation.

Plagiarism : DO NOT take this guide as your own. If you must share it with others, then be sure to credit myself along with a link to this page as a source.

Exploits : This guide is only for edits meant to give the game sounds as eye candy for the person, and is not intended to exploit, provide unfair advantages, or hack into critical files. If that is your intent then there is no point for you to read on.

Lagging : In the case that an edit is not properly done, this meaning by if the skill has no sound file, there will be a weird lag glitch that causes graphics to go wild. Make sure there is a file for each skill. There is also an issue where you will do too many file editing. Do not replace too many files. Depending on how each file's SIZE is, and for me which is an average of 200 KB to 1.3 MB, I recommend the max of editing only 6 or 7 characters. Very small spikes may issue if you do more, and slowly going to bigger lags.

Registration : All images are hidden unless you have a registered account on the forum, this is due to a limitation I can't change.

If you comply with the above statements, then let us begin!

--------------------------------------------------

Due to a stupid internet lag error, this first post will be different if you have read this guide since April/May/Beginning of June. I have to redo this post.

Ijji Lunia Backup Files

In case you have mistakenly replaced a sound file and forgot to make a copy of it, I have uploaded the English files for ijji Lunia (NOTE THIS LINK DOES NOT HAVE DARK EIR/ARTA IN THE FOLDER).

If you require Dark Eir or Arta sound files please PM me. I will try to reupload the full folder once Gaon is released with an English voice.

Click this link : Link removed because I just now found out I had very old voice file edits in Eir/Tia -_- I'll reupload ASAP.

Provided Chosen Shout-Out Files

Here are some games I have obtained sound files from that you can use, most of which are from some famous action RPG-type games, including the "Tales" series. These are organized. The game title colored in blue means I have all access to all or most of the sound files. Red means I have few or no access to the game, but I plan to.

*If I do not have a character's sound files from one of the following blue colored games, please PM me or post so that I may try to obtain it for you.

Spoiler!

Completed

- Getting Started
- Options
- Using Vegas Pro and Switching Voice Files
- Multi-Skill Voice Files
-

Future Updates

- More stuff ( I don't know what )
- More Provided Files
- More Voice Editing effects
- More skill-voice edit videos

Credits
-Light, for the beginning format and extra posts
-Tales Namco Forums, user "Estelle" for the Tales Series files
-

Last edited by PKShota; 01-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-04-2010   #2 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

Getting Started

What Should Be Done First!

Go to your Lunia folder in the ( C: ) drive of My Computer. It will be in the Ijji folder. Go into "Sounds", then "Player".

KEEP A COPY OF ALL THE FILES YOU WILL BE EDITING, INCLUDING THE SOUND FILE EDIT YOU MADE. If you wish to go back to the original SFX Lunia has or what you have, then simply cut & paste back in the file. If you accidentally forgot to copy the original Lunia SFX, I will provide you with the character.

So, doing so, select all files and Copy (right click -> copy or Ctrl + C) and save it in a folder somewhere else, like your own personal folder. Keep it all in one folder to be more organized. Keep your voice file edits in another folder to be more organized.

Tools Required :

*Varying* means that it depends on what you have. It will also follow other *Varying*'s, meaning you'll need that tool to use the other varying tool.
  • Audacity This is the only good audio editing program I know that can change pitches. Choose this AND/OR
  • Sony Vegas Pro (Any version) You may download the trial version here : http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/vegaspro
  • Any Audio Player (to play WAV files. An example is Windows Media Player or iTunes)
  • Your Lunia Game So you can listen to the character's SFX.
  • Option 1 :*Varying* Camera with USB cable that can record videos with sound. Good sound quality is highly recommended.
  • Follows with Option 1 :*Varying* Video game that has characters with a sort of "moves" in fighting that they shout out. Mostly in RPG-type games like Tales of Series, Eternal Sonata, etc.
  • Follows with Option 1 : *Varying* TV that has clear speakers.
  • Option 3 : My provided files. Check the first post and check the spoilers.

Last edited by PKShota; 08-28-2010 at 07:09 PM.

04-04-2010   #3 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Option 1 : Camera and Getting Video Game Sounds - How to Do It

This is simple, really.

You need a game that has characters that "shout skills or moves". See Tales of Vesperia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, and Eternal Sonata as few examples.

A camera with a video game is needed. Make sure that it has good recording quality.

Turn on your game console, get your game in, and play it.

Now, since a "skill-shout game", you're gonna need to do a couple of things.

1. Turn off all back ground music, sound effects, and battle sound effects. Since you only want the name shout out, BGM and SFX will mix with the shout out, causing a disorderly disruption to the sound.

Maximize your sound where it will be loud so your camera can get it well. Try not to disrupt your family though. Ask them if you are allowed to as well.

2. Have "party members" die. If you use Tales of Vesperia or a sort of game where your party members say other random things during your action, it will mess up what you need. Go fight in a battle and have them die. Then defeat all the enemies/escape once you are the only one standing.

*Tales of Vesperia example is where the "Defend" strategy has characters taunt while you fight. The taunt has voices, so it will mess you up.

**For "Tales of" Series-type like games : Try not to get "flinched" so the grunt sound won't be heard. If the grunt is affected by sound effect volume, then you need not worry.

If you are using a "two-person fight" game like Street Fighter, it may be more difficult. A Practice mode where the opponent doesn't attack will work well.

With all that done, let's start.

Step 1: If you already have your game turned on and in a battle field, then you are good. Turn on your camera and set it near where the TV has its speakers. You do not need to set where your camera records the TV screen. Set your camera to voice note or video recording.

Step 2: Get into battle.

Step 3: Prepare a skill where the character shout outs. After doing so, trigger the camera so it starts recording. THEN, use the "skill" the character has.

Step 4: Once your character is done doing the shout out, cut off recording. You now have the sound stored in your camera.

Step 5: Repeat for every skill the character has to get all that you need. If you feel one of the skills do not fit for your Lunia character, don't get it. Now then, once done, you have the option of turning off your game or leave it there. Get on your computer.

Step 6: Connect your USB cable from your camera to your computer hard drive. Transfer the video/voice note files into a folder. You don't need to rename it.

Final Step: Repeat all steps with another character if wanted. Otherwise, head to "Using Vegas Pro"

Option 2 : Tubesucker - How to Use It

Tubesucker is a program that extracts videos from YouTube, and converts it into a .flv file, which you then convert into a sound or movie file. Then you use Sony Vegas with that file.

Download and install Tubesucker from here, if you have not : TubeSucker - YouTube Video Downloader
*May take a bit for the page to load.
*NOTE When Tubesucker is near finished to installation, it will say it has an error. Press Continue and it should be fine.

First off, find a video with a character shouting moves. Here's an example of one.

YouTube - Tales of Vesperia - Judith's Arte Exhibition

NOTE THAT if a video has background music, the background music will affect the sound. So if you only wanted the name of the skill/move, you'll have background music with it. Try to find a video with no BGM or use Option 1.

However, since I have the game in the video, you may request me to get the skill/move name shout out on a certain character. If I have another game that I MAY HAVE of which you ask me for, I will get it also. ( I will be doing this anyways)

Continuing on, let's extract that video and put it onto your desktop. Here's a picture guide.

Spoiler!

And with that, you are done with Tubesucker! (Unless you want to get another video)

Other than that, head to "Using Vegas Pro".

Option 3 : Provided Files

Well, you basically are done with the Options if you download my provided files (see first post). To switch with them, head to "Changing the Voice Files" on the next post.

Last edited by PKShota; 06-21-2010 at 03:56 PM.

04-04-2010   #4 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Using Vegas Pro

The pictures will be in the spoiler.

Read all the pictures! Because it will show what you need to do.

Spoiler!

*Note, if you only wanted to change how the original Lunia grunts and yells sound like, see the Voice Effects part of this guide.

Changing the Voice Files

1. Open up your folder with all of your chosen character's voice files. Open up "My Computer". Go into your ( C: ) drive. Open a 2nd My Computer.

Access both to ijji -> Lunia -> Sounds -> Player

What character will you be editing? For this guide, I chose Tia.

Open up Tia's files.

Picture time!

Spoiler!

***Read after you read all the steps***

You have done your voice file edit!

But, that was just one file. Did you want more? Repeat with all other voice files!

Last edited by PKShota; 06-21-2010 at 03:56 PM.

04-04-2010   #5 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Extra Voice File Editing

Multi-Skill Voice Files

Did you ever notice that there is "a" and "b" after the skillvoice_v? Those are parts of that skill, meaning if you want to have a perfect-like sound, you have to edit the file chain. Or, you can go creative and add other different FXs to fit your liking.

So let's look at Tia's Silp's Wing.

Spoiler!

There you go, you have done a multi-file edit!

Skill-Magic Editing

Some characters, like Kali, only have few _SkillVoice files. Why? Because allm is lazy to add voices for each skill.

So, how do you get a voice shout out and have the sound effect at the same time?

Simple. You have to edit the _Magic files.

Using Vegas Pro, you can add a voice shout out and the _Magic sound effect together, making it still sound like there was a separate SkillVoice file for the skill.

So let's take a look at Kali. She has many skills that do not have her shouting alot. I will be using Song of Hero for this picture guide :

Spoiler!

Last edited by PKShota; 08-29-2010 at 09:09 AM.

04-04-2010   #6 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Special Effects Editing

Echo Effect

Did you want your shout-out or original Lunia yells to seem more "epic"?

Here's the echo effect!

Spoiler!

Although it wasn't the skill I planned, I still liked it. Note that the quote still follows after the skill has ended. Remember to shorten your blank parts or delete unneeded ones! (I kept mine like that on purpose)

Pitch Changing

This edit requires use of Audacity.

So, do you want an opposite voice for your character? Or do you want your voice file to sound less manly, and a bit more girl-y? Pitch changing does that.

*Note : The result is not always perfect.

I'll play with my Asuka's edited Bladestorm.

Spoiler!

Last edited by PKShota; 08-29-2010 at 09:10 AM.

04-04-2010   #7 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Voice Edit Examples

Here are full voice edits on a few of my characters.

**If you want to know or can't clearly hear what they are saying, check the video descriptions.

Spoiler!

Last edited by PKShota; 12-24-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Adding more examples

04-04-2010   #8 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

filler reserve

04-04-2010   #9 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

filler reserve

04-04-2010   #10 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

filler reserve

04-04-2010   #11 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

filler reserve

04-04-2010   #12 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

filler reserve

04-04-2010   #13 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

7th reserve .

04-04-2010   #14 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLenne
(this seems like a copy of Light's Guide lol. ._. I mean no plagiarism!)
That's because it is love.
The notes are a direct copy, word for word just with a few changes to suit your content.

Seems like a common thing to copy stuff of mine, only difference is that many people ask.
For this reason I am disappointed that you did not ask or come up with an introduction of your own.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Light; 04-04-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Typos are fun

04-05-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy

Cool guide (:
It will be useful to the people have trouble doing this. :3?

04-05-2010   #16 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku4564
Cool guide (:
It will be useful to the people have trouble doing this. :3?
You should do it too :>

...I should also provide voice files o_O

04-05-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy

Quote:
You should do it too :>

...I should also provide voice files o_O
I do do alot of sound editing But I don't usually record sounds myself, I usually download them from sites .-.

04-05-2010   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Adamant will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Adamant Send a message via MSN to Adamant
IGN: AdamantZ
Class: Knight
Level: 75
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Well, then, can I use your introduction? o_o
(/)_-)

Don't you think it's a bit late to ask since the guide is already up?

04-05-2010   #19 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant
(/)_-)

Don't you think it's a bit late to ask since the guide is already up?
That's some long hours ago.

So now, I might have to use that post for more room of the guide.

For that I need Light to delete his post.

04-05-2010   #20 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

If you needed more space, all you had to do was ask.
I made 5 posts for you, that should be more than enough to handle all your information.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!