MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-19-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Falsita
Class: 冰之魔法師 lu_yuki
Level: 5x
Guild: Foriel Union
Default CLunia Registration Guide

What is CLunia?

The Mainland Chinese localized version of Lunia.

Why should I play CLunia?

It sucks, you shouldn't.
To see what other versions of Lunia are like.
To learn Chinese.
To relive the good old days before Lunia was broken.
You live in China and every other version of Lunia is blocked there.
You want to accompany a lonely Watatsuki to a foreign land.

So how do you register?

First, go to this website. Fill in the information as follows:

If everything worked out well, you should get this to popup:

Now you need to activate your account to work with Lunia. Scroll down on the page that came up:

If everything worked out well, you should get this popup:

Where do you download the game?

To download the game, go to the main page and scroll down to where the download links are:

Any link from there should work. Just be sure to check that the link leads to an exe file like "Lunia_V1.92.3.exe". There are downloads to the patches on the main page as well and they are zip files.

Do I need Applocale or a Chinese locale to play this game?

I have no clue. Probably you do. If you have trouble ask kag. He knows better than me.

What server do you play on/what is your character name?

I play on the 盘龙之谷 server, and I have a Krieg named 罗汉 (luo han).

Is there an English guild there?

No, but I might make one if there is interest. Like that'd ever happen.

Do you really play CLunia?

No. I pretty much quit after a few hours.

If there are any other questions feel free to post in this thread. General discussion about CLunia is also encouraged.

Last edited by Watatsuki; 07-25-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Kainami is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kainami Send a message via MSN to Kainami
Guild: ForielUnion

If you don't have applocale, you will probably bug when opening the party list and another window that I have forgotten.

Questions:
Lunia in China is still in the version before it was broken meaning BEFORE stages were broken or before the new characters were added in that unbalanced pvp?
Also, if Clunia has blocked outside lunia clients from operating/connecting to the country, will they allow any outside connections to connect to the their own client?
Also, what characters are free from the start and what characters do you need to pay for?
Is the Chinese used traditional or simplified? After all, they are different.

07-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainami
Questions:
Lunia in China is still in the version before it was broken meaning BEFORE stages were broken or before the new characters were added in that unbalanced pvp?
Not too sure. I only played CLunia for a couple of hours so far. I think they have most of the stages, but they only have up to Yuki in characters.

Quote:
Also, if Clunia has blocked outside lunia clients from operating/connecting to the country, will they allow any outside connections to connect to the their own client?
CLunia hasn't blocked outside Lunia clients from operating/connecting to the country. The other versions of Lunia have blocked connections to their game from China. Though Taiwan only did this very recently, and I would bet any money that CDC complained they were stealing their customers or something.

I just tested CLunia from Japan, and it works. So if it works in Japan, it probably works elsewhere.

Quote:
Also, what characters are free from the start and what characters do you need to pay for?
Is the Chinese used traditional or simplified? After all, they are different.
All the normal characters that are free are free. Only Yuki you have to pay for. Lime can be obtained with a quest. (Looks like they learned from their GLunia experiences. XD)

The Chinese is simplified. No, they aren't that different. I have only studied Traditional, but after looking at a bit of simplified it is easy to guess the pattern and stuff. Not sure if that works the other way around though.

07-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia

Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watatsuki
The Chinese is simplified. No, they aren't that different. I have only studied Traditional, but after looking at a bit of simplified it is easy to guess the pattern and stuff. Not sure if that works the other way around though.
Definitely works the other way. In my opinion, it is much easier to recognize traditional chinese when you had only studied simplified than the reverse. This is simply an observation when i tried using simplified chinese with players in the Taiwan version.

07-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

ccoollyack is on a distinguished road

Hi all, with the recent merging of the taiwan servers, tlunia is getting laggy, so i was thinking does the clunia lag anyway considerably? i am in sg btw, thx!

07-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
綿月依姫

I get absolutely no lag, but I'm in Gunagzhou connecting to a Guangdong server. (And the only big city in Guangdong to host the server is Guangzhou, so I probably live in the same city as the server.) TLunia lagged for me quite a lot right before the server merge, but after it I was IP banned.

You could try I guess. It was only a 2 hour download. (For me anyways.) Tell me how it goes, if Singapore doesn't lag this could become quite popular. (Singaporeans use Simplified Chinese too right?)

The server I pointed out in the guide is the one in Guangdong and I think it is the Southernmost server, so it is closer to Singapore than Taiwan or any other server.

07-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

I will join you as a noob when I back to China (Christmas!)

Problem is I somewhat fail at English, fail at Chinese more and epic fail at Japanese D: (For reading and writing anyways `-`)

Are the characters like tLunia and jLunia where as a level 1 Sieg you can't wm people no matter how good/sucky you are? D:

I remember playing once of those two with Klingon (I think), and I couldn't infinite combo no matter how many times I tired. He always hit the ground after AASS sp sp backdash AS sp sp backdash (drop)

Last edited by Gladiat; 07-20-2009 at 08:05 PM.

07-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
I will join you as a noob when I back to China (Christmas!)
Bad timing. I'll be in Canada in Christmas and I probably won't be playing CLunia then.

EDIT: Though if you decide to play then PM me or something and I'll visit you.

Last edited by Watatsuki; 07-20-2009 at 09:04 PM.

07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

I have tried downloading the client, but it always failed becos of incomplete download...anyway to fix this?

07-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
綿月依姫

I used Flashget to download it. That could help. You could also try downloading the torrent, but I don't there are much seeds for it. You could try downloading it with Flashget, and if it is still corrupted download the torrent over it. (Yes, you can continue a Flashget downloaded file with a torrent - I did this for SDGO.)

07-22-2009   #11 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

hi i just finish downloaded it n tried, but it seems as lag as tlunia...

07-22-2009   #12 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Oh.

:/

(10chars)

07-22-2009   #13 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoollyack
hi i just finish downloaded it n tried, but it seems as lag as tlunia...
Lag is caused by wireless lag, since you're using a laptop to play.

07-22-2009   #14 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Crazy is psychic, he knows it is a wireless connection. XD