MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-25-2009   6 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutTaylor has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Taylor
IGN: TheDayStar
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 78 rbx2
Guild: Capcom + Kirei
Default Playing as a boss monster [client edit guide]

haha oops, I still haven't made that guide on playing as unlocked characters. oh well, this is much cooler anyways, and uses the same basic principals. in addition, you'll have a lot more fun. >=D [laugh like an evil scientist now!] *mwahahaHAAHahahaha!*
now, as always give rep to people that help you. also, I'm not as skilled as light at this guide making thing- so if you've got any areas I could improve on in the guide, let me know.

step1: search around the lunia dds files until you've found a monster you want to use. the files can be found in [lunia\mapping\] or [lunia\mapping\glow]. for this tutorial, we'll be working with Wyldur.wylder's dds file is located in [lunia\mapping\glow].

step2: now you need to find the animation files for your monster. Go to [Lunia\animations] to find it. animation files will always be located in this folder, and for this particular monster, the animation files will be located at [insert place later]. copy the files from your monster's animation folder and past them into the modding folder. if you don't already have a modding folder, make one now. label it "sieg as wylder mod". inside this folder, make another folder called "antidote". the "antidote" folder is where you'll keep a back-up of all the files you'll be changing. it is your responsibility to keep backups of all files you decide to edit.

step3: now before you begin to add a monster into the game, its important to check and make sure your monster will work properly. (for some reason, I've tried and balog can't be used as a monster). to make sure that wylder will work, go to your modding folder and rename wylder.skeleton to sieg.skeleton. copy sieg.skeleton into your sieg's animation folder. [lunia\animation\player.zip\sieg] click yes when it asks you if you want to replace it.

step4: check to make sure it will work. run the client and connect to the square. it should look something like this:

if you haven't received a fatal error yet, that means you've done it right.

step5: now copy everything from your monster's folder into your modding folder. in another window, open up your sieg's animation files. you'll need to replace every .skinnedanim file in that folder if you want your creation to be flawless. but hey who am I kidding? we're a bunch of lazy-asses am I, right? just replace sieg_run.skinnedanim, sieg_dash.skinnedanim, sieg_stand.skinnedanim, and all of sieg's mesh files for his body parts. then if you want to, replace a few of his skills files as well. have I mentioned that it's your responsibility to keep track of all the back-up files?
in this picture I copied the monster files and pasted them into my antidotes folder so I could see which files I was going to want backups for.

Step6: once you're done finding backups, delete the files that shouldn't be in the antidote folder.

step7: Rename the files in the monster folder to match names of files in the regular sieg folder, and then do some copy/paste action.

Step8: oh and of course, never forget the .dds files! make sure you copy over the monster's dds files as well. for example, if the monster's dds file is "wyldur.dds", then you'll want to take that one file and rename it 6 times. once for every part of your character's body.
sieg_head_000.dds * sieg_body_000.dds * Sieg_hand_000.dds * Sieg_....

Step9:Run the game and see if everything went smoothly
The Results!

if you see anything that I need to add, let me know and I'll try to get it in. also, if anything confuses you I'll try to word it better and provide more examples.
[guide taken from www.pangamma.com
"I'm getting really sick of all the elitist flamers who try to destroy creative and constructive ideas in an attempt to make themselves feel better about themselves. if you don't have any good ideas of your own, don't flame all over someone else's."

Last edited by Taylor; 07-20-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Do you replace the xml files? When I get really bored I try to swap characters around but I always get an error on loading if I swap the .xml files but without them, I get nothing more than a pile of pixels, sort of like your first in-game picture only uhh... much smaller.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

06-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
Do you replace the xml files? When I get really bored I try to swap characters around but I always get an error on loading if I swap the .xml files but without them, I get nothing more than a pile of pixels, sort of like your first in-game picture only uhh... much smaller.
no you don't need to replace the xml files. The skeleton files are really important though, and without them, you get a "pile of pixels", like you said.

the xml file gives the game client a list of all the files needed to run. so when we do file swapping, we keep the names of the files the same ( to please the xml file), and the game runs our files, thinking it is running the original files. if we were to swap an xml file, it would tell the game to use different files. unfortunately, I'm not sure how to appease a swapped xml file. (unless the file was an edited version of the original)
"I'm getting really sick of all the elitist flamers who try to destroy creative and constructive ideas in an attempt to make themselves feel better about themselves. if you don't have any good ideas of your own, don't flame all over someone else's."

Last edited by Taylor; 06-25-2009 at 12:51 PM.

06-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

How2Unlock the passwords for the boss animations? I've been trying to do Foriel and I have to extract those files into my folder, which is not possible without a password.

06-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuna
How2Unlock the passwords for the boss animations? I've been trying to do Foriel and I have to extract those files into my folder, which is not possible without a password.
I'll send it to you through a PM.

06-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

DumbledorePWNZ is on a distinguished road

when i try to do it it says i need a password. could u send it to me?

Last edited by DumbledorePWNZ; 06-26-2009 at 06:02 PM.

06-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

if you need the password, just pm me and I'll send it to you.

Last edited by Taylor; 07-19-2009 at 05:37 PM.