ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-guides/)
-   -   Looser chat filter (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-guides/50042-looser-chat-filter.html)

Taylor 06-19-2009 01:19 PM

Looser chat filter

Hi guys, there have been a lot of complaints on the ijji forums lately about the ridiculousness of chat filters. so, I figured, why not just edit the chat filter? well I did. and it works. and now I'm uploading it for you guys to use. try it out, and let me know what you think =]

use this, or edit your invalidstrings.xml file located in your locales folder.
Partial filter (blocks racial slurs, and a few sexual slang terms)
No filter
and here's a picture showing the results

how to use it:
1. download it
2. go to your lunia folder
3. go into locales
3. copy the new English.zip folder into this location and replace the old english.zip file.
its really easy.

how it works:
the filter blocks in-coming and out-going swears. so if you have the filter, and no one else does, you will only be able to see your own swears. they won't see your swears though. but if 2 people have the same filter, they will be able to see the words just fine. also, I've noticed the guild chat filter doesn't seem to block words as often, which is nice.

Riku4564 06-20-2009 03:08 AM

oh sounds cool. im downloading it now.

mind telling me which file is the one for blocking the words?

Edit: Nvm found it. Its InvalidStrings.xml

Taylor 06-20-2009 06:48 PM

cool. we should chat sometime in game.

buta 06-20-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor (Post 869002)
how it works:
the filter blocks in-coming and out-going swears. so if you have the filter, and no one else does, you will only be able to see your own swears. they won't see your swears though. but if 2 people have the same filter, they will be able to see the words just fine. also, I've noticed the guild chat filter doesn't seem to block words as often, which is nice.

Why this is a horrible idea:
Screenshot and report them for bypassing the word filter. Good game.

Taylor 06-20-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buta (Post 869980)
Why this is a horrible idea:
Screenshot and report them for bypassing the word filter. Good game.

huh? what? you mean like... someone would download the new chat filter, and then find other people using the same filter, and report them? that seems kind of like a jerk move, if you ask me.

JustinBieber 06-20-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor (Post 870072)
huh? what? you mean like... someone would download the new chat filter, and then find other people using the same filter, and report them? that seems kind of like a jerk move, if you ask me.

Grudges aren't just for girls anymore. `-`

Taylor 06-20-2009 11:56 PM

ok, what do you suggest I do then? honestly you people are so closed minded.

Riku4564 06-21-2009 01:09 AM

huh? what do you mean?

if me and someone else has the same filter, everyone will see the uncensored words?

buta 06-21-2009 01:19 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the world isn't filled with rainbows and daisies. And all it takes is one person and the rest of you are screwed. I don't care if you use it. I'm just warning you that it is a possibility.

@riku: Anyone using it will see the uncensored words.

Saibak 06-21-2009 08:16 AM

I tried "partial filter" and "no filter", but both crash the game for me: After selecting a square i'm stuck in the loading screen after the loading bar reaches 100%.

If possible, can you pm me the password for the English.zip, so i can try to edit the filter myself?

Taylor 06-21-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saibak (Post 870436)
I tried "partial filter" and "no filter", but both crash the game for me: After selecting a square i'm stuck in the loading screen after the loading bar reaches 100%.

If possible, can you pm me the password for the English.zip, so i can try to edit the filter myself?

Woah what?? shoot! I thought I had it set up so you could solve the problem with a simple copy paste action. ok, yeah I'll send you the password.
pessimists suck by the way. and don't say you're just being realistic. you're a freaking pessimist.

Saibak 06-21-2009 11:47 AM

Thanks, edited the InvalidStrings.xml and works like a charm now.

Btw: I don't know if anyone else crashes with your files, since i'm the only one so far, who got a complaint. I checked your InvalidStrings.xml and compared it with the original one and the red line is missing. Maybe this is the cause of the crash? (Did not test it though).

Code:

<allm>
<Locale>
<Nation value="english"/>
<!-- 수정해야 하는 부분 -->
<ExclusionStrings value=""/>

Taylor 06-22-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saibak (Post 870608)
Thanks, edited the InvalidStrings.xml and works like a charm now.

Btw: I don't know if anyone else crashes with your files, since i'm the only one so far, who got a complaint. I checked your InvalidStrings.xml and compared it with the original one and the red line is missing. Maybe this is the cause of the crash? (Did not test it though).

Code:

<allm>
<Locale>
<Nation value="english"/>
<!-- 수정해야 하는 부분 -->
<ExclusionStrings value=""/>

oh. yeah. well, that'll do it, alright. I wasn't supposed to remove that. xD