MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (9) Thread Tools Display Modes
03-13-2009   9 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Phenixa will become famous soon enough
Default Orc Advance Event Guide

Orc Advance Event Guide

Table of Content

-What is the Orc Advance Event? [OAE]
-Everything to know about it. [EKI]
-Combos [CMB]
-Strategies [STG]
-Formations [FRM]
-Rounds/Rewards [RWD]
-Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

What is the Orc Advance Event?
[OAE]

The Orc Advance Event is a special Event that happens once a day. In that event, Orcs spawn at the top of an unreachable path and you must prevent them from going to the bottom of the path by killing them with Cannon Trees. No skill may be used, only A, S and Space attacks may be used. Teamwork is a key in there.

Everything to know about it

[EKI]

-The event happens every day at 21:30 PST (5:30 GMT). At that exact time, a pop-up will appear, unless you are in a PvP waiting room, and will reappear a bit after in case you missed it. Click on the button Enter the event and youíre in.
-The max member in the party is 5.
-Cannon Trees all have their own element, they increase power against Orcs weak to that element (said in their name).
-When an orc gets to the end, he will start attacking your life source. You need to take it out quick, but the Cannon Trees that take care of those orcs also hurts your Life Source with their hit, so do not hit any more than necessary. Bosses, however, hurt it a lot.
-At the end of a round, there is a O and a X. Every players must choose the same to continue. O means continuing to the next round, X means stopping and claiming the reward accorded to your wave. Be sure to know when to stop.
-A normal attack makes the cannons shoot a fast but small bomb. An attack that sends enemies in the air or that does hard knockback will make the cannon shoot a slow but big bomb. I am not sure if it changes anything about damage
-Plants all have infinite health. However, after each round, they respawn to change their element. The spots where they are stay the exact same thought. Also, from up to down, it will always have the 3 different elements, then the same order for the next 3 Cannons, and so on. The Cannons guarding the Life Source are always Fire elemental.
-Some plants face closely each others. If attacked from the correct side, the fast bombs will go hit the opposite Cannon Tree, which is usually a different element. Use that to your advantage.
-Orcs have some kind of formation. The group they appear in are always divided in two columns. The front and back rows have orcs without any elemental weakness, while those in middle have varying weaknesses. The orcs without elemental weakness, however, seem to be significantly less resistant anyway.

Combos

[CMB]

In that event, what matters the most is not how strong you can hit, but how fast you can hit. The faster you hit, the more bombs you send, the more damage you deal, etcÖ The fastest way to hit is by using cancelling movements like Auto-step, but not all players may be skilled with that. Here is the fastest attack pattern(s) for each class, divided by 3 skill levels: Simple (very easy pattern), Skilled (pattern that requires dash attacks) and Advanced (pattern that requires cancelling movements).

Sieg:
-Simple: AA Space Space Or ASAAS Or AAS
-Skilled: AAS repeat or AAAS dash S repeat
-Advanced: AS sp sp dash cance

Dainn:
-Simple: AAS
-Skilled: AA poke continuation (AA AA A etc)
-Advanced: AA autostep

Eir:
-Simple: AAS *
-Skilled:
-Advanced:
*: While SSSSS does also hit monster in the middle, the damage becomes ridiculous compared to element weakness, especially in later levels. Do not use that pattern.

Tia:
-Simple: AAAA
-Skilled: Dash S *
-Advanced:
*: While this may seem simple, it is rather complicated to constantly slide fast enough to be faster than AAAA without doing a Jump. Using the X button may be preferable for dashing.

Lime:
-Simple: Dash Dash (Roll) *
-Skilled:
-Advanced:
*: Because it only uses one button, a direction, I consider it Simple.

Dacy:
-Simple: SSSSSSSS (wait for the first S to do all its 3 hits)
-Skilled:
-Advanced: S Auto-step (wait for S to do all its 3 hits)

Krieg:
-Simple: AAAA Or AASSS
-Skilled: A S S S etc.
-Advanced: AA/AAA dash cancel

-Yuki:
-Simple: AAAA or AAS (not sure which one is faster)
-Skilled: AAAA Dash AS
-Advanced:

-Arien:
-Simple: S *
-Skilled:
-Advanced:
* By tapping S, you can attack at a large distance and at a very decent speed. Pressing any direction while repeatedly shooting changes her direction easily too. A unique strategy to Arien is to stand beetween too plants and keep tapping S toward the plant that faces the group of orc. Changing beetween too plants is very easy and instant.

If you know a pattern faster than a previous slot or that is missing from the slot, be sure to add it, your input will be very appreciated.

Strategies:

[STR]

A strategy isnít as simple as just picking a random Cannon Tree and keeping attacking it forever. Here are some main points that has to be taken in consideration for a successful strategy:

-A normal bomb hit does a bit more than 100 damage. However, an Elemental weakness hit will deal up to 750 damage! That will be your main source of damage.
-On every round, a Boss spawn, with no elemental weakness and lot of health. If it reaches your Life Source, you should expect a game over (I think Iíve seen the boss teleport Ėbehind- the Life source, thus unreachable by the Cannon Trees). I do not know if Eirís SSSSA can stun the bosses thought.
-Once in a while, an Ostrich will spawn. He is faster than orcs, but once they're hit, they deal huge damage to surrounding orcs. With good timing, you can wipe out an important part of a group.

Waves:
As wave increases, the difficulty keeps getting harder. Iíll explain each of the waves:

-Wave 1 to 5: Normal Size orcs, increases speed and health per level. Normal strategy applies.
-Wave 7 to 11 Small Size orcs, probably same increase as 1 to 5 (only got to 7). Normal Strategy applies.
-Wave 13: I never got to this round, but probably same usual strategy.
-Wave 6: There is only one single, but tougher and faster boss. Start from top and go down to keep the damage coming. However, unlike other bosses, it will not hit your Life Source as strong as normal wave bosses
-Wave 12 and 14: I never got to those rounds, but I expect those to be the same as Wave 6.

Formation
[FRM]

A team must have a good formation in order to spread correctly lot of damage. Here are some good formations I suggest, with pros and cons of each:

~Currently under studying~

If you have any formation to suggest, go ahead and post it.

Rounds/Reward
[RWD]

Here is a list of the wave rewards (from the order I see logical):
Wave 1: Shining Jewel (Orc Warrior)
Wave 2: 10 Vouchers of Appreciation (Highest level Orc warrior)
Wave 3: 10 Guild Upkeep Vouchers (Orc Mutu)
Wave 4: Orc Title (Orc Spearman)
Wave 5: 50 Vouchers of Appreciation (Ogre Lord)
Wave 6: 30 Guild Upkeep Vouchers (Ogre Lord King)
Wave 7: 10 Dimly Shining Jewel (Novice Orc Warrior)
Wave 8: 100 Vouchers of Appreciation (Novice Highest level Orc warrior)
Wave 9: 50 Guild Upkeep Vouchers (Novice Orc Mutu)
Wave 10: Guardian Title (Novice Orc Spearman)
Wave 11: 30 Emeralds (Novice Ogre Lord)
Wave 12: Magic Stone of Restoration (Novice Ogre Lord King)
Wave 13: Manly Title (Mutant Ogre Lord)
Wave 14: The Best Box in Mini-game* (Mutant Ogre Lord King)
*: The box contain multiple items. You can obtain the following items:
-Ice Dragon Legendary weapon (0.1%) (Doesn't seem much strong thought)
-30 Diamond or Emerald (49,45%)
-Magic Stone of Restoration (49,45%)
-+1 SP (1%)
Source: Reiko's database. [link to the box]

Frequently Asked Questions

[FAQ]

Currently no question. Have a question to add to the FAQ? Be sure to ask it, Iíll answer it or let the community answer if I do not know the answer, then add it to the FAQ if itís pertinent enough.

Now that I have found out who was the character on my Avatar and that I decided on a family name, I have decided to edit my signature and avatar~.

Last edited by Phenixa; 04-09-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Jak6590 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Firekiller87
Class: Eir to_magician
Level: 76 2xRB
Guild: DashAttack
Xfire: Firekiller87

On formations:
Three people, each assigned to one element
Two people who pick an element close to the water, and guard
Or: Three on elements, one guard, and an Eir using SSSSS

And does Eirs AAS AAAAA work?
And Eirs AAAA hits 3 small bombs plus 1 big one. Does have long reuse time(about 1.5-2 seconds)

Large bombs do slightly more damage then small bombs, but move slower and miss often.

You are not immune to bombs! Be careful, or you WILL die!

And stop calling me a SHE! IM A HE

03-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Foxed is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Foxed
Class: Dainn
Level: 61
Guild: Titans

You might want to make a list of the elemental weaknesses of each wave of orcs, some wave have different weaknesses than others.

03-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Mengjun is on a distinguished road
IGN: AngeloDiabolica
Class: Krieg lt_gunslinger
Level: 59
Guild: DashAttack / Synergy(Lunia, not MMOG))

Sieg:

Simple: AAS repeat or AAAS dash S repeat
Skilled: AS sp sp dash cancel

Dainn:

Skilled: AA poke continuation (AA AA A etc)
Advanced: AA autostep

Krieg:

Simple: AAAA, AASSS
Skilled: A S S S etc., AA/AAA dash cancel

Yuki: I'd prefer AAS, since it lets you repeat faster.

Lime: Lime has some sort of auto as well, allowing him to continue his standard AAAA without the pause at the end.

03-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak6590
On formations:
Three people, each assigned to one element
Two people who pick an element close to the water, and guard
Or: Three on elements, one guard, and an Eir using SSSSS

And does Eirs AAS AAAAA work?
And Eirs AAAA hits 3 small bombs plus 1 big one. Does have long reuse time(about 1.5-2 seconds)

Large bombs do slightly more damage then small bombs, but move slower and miss often.

You are not immune to bombs! Be careful, or you WILL die!
The first formation is the usual, but how efficient it is, I am not sure. However, as I said, Eir using SSSSS is a bad idea in the later rounds. Orcs start having way over 1000 HP and you only deal 100-150 damage to half of a group, it's much better to exploit their elemental weakness for 750 damage a hit.

AASAAAAA and AAAA are slower than simply AAS. AAS keeps nearly the same exact rythm, the same delay beetween the first A and the second. However, both AASAAAAA and AAAA leaves a delay at the end. That is why AAS is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxed
You might want to make a list of the elemental weaknesses of each wave of orcs, some wave have different weaknesses than others.
No, I've verified and a group actually have multiple weaknesses. The elements always stay Fire, Wind and Water. However, if the element weaknesses are randomized for those groups or if they are pre-set, I don't know, but I don't think it would do much difference in knowing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengjun
Sieg:

Simple: AAS repeat or AAAS dash S repeat
Skilled: AS sp sp dash cancel

Dainn:

Skilled: AA poke continuation (AA AA A etc)
Advanced: AA autostep

Krieg:

Simple: AAAA, AASSS
Skilled: A S S S etc., AA/AAA dash cancel

Yuki: I'd prefer AAS, since it lets you repeat faster.

Lime: Lime has some sort of auto as well, allowing him to continue his standard AAAA without the pause at the end.
Thank you for the input. However, I felt some of them fell into a different difficulty level, so I changed them (dash cancels, in example).

Now that I have found out who was the character on my Avatar and that I decided on a family name, I have decided to edit my signature and avatar~.

Last edited by Phenixa; 03-15-2009 at 07:51 PM.

03-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Mengjun is on a distinguished road
IGN: AngeloDiabolica
Class: Krieg lt_gunslinger
Level: 59
Guild: DashAttack / Synergy(Lunia, not MMOG))

^ No problemo ^^; Now Sieg's table includes AAS repeat twice though.

Also, I think doing (on Tia) dash S AA strings will be a lot easier on the hands, and I think it makes it faster as well.

Lime's autostep, I recall, can be done by moving forward during your AAAA string. So it'll be like
AA(A) move cancel

03-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Rodo is on a distinguished road

The Best Box in Mini-game (Mutant Ogre Lord King)
^ ^ ^What do you get from this, any idea yet?

03-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo
The Best Box in Mini-game (Mutant Ogre Lord King)
^ ^ ^What do you get from this, any idea yet?
I'm thinking that you can get a skill coupon out of it. However, it's possible that there are multiple other things that you can get from it. Reiko might know more about it.

03-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Reiko's Lunia Database - Item: The Best Box in Mini Game

1% chance to get a skill coupon (for +1 skill point, separate from the other skill coupon quests)
High % chance to get jewels or a normal restoration stone
Incredibly low chance to get a weapon that... is worse than Ancient Dragon weapons, anyways.

Last edited by Fiona; 03-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.

03-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Reiko's Lunia Database - Item: The Best Box in Mini Game

1% chance to get a skill coupon (for +1 skill point, separate from the other skill coupon quests)
High % chance to get jewels or a normal restoration stone
Incredibly low chance to get a weapon that... is worse than Ancient Dragon weapons, anyways.
The weapon just looks like a ice jade weapon with the stats of a snow girl weapon (sounds worse than using snow girl weapon because there's no set bonus) The jewels are only emeralds or diamonds so you won't get the low end jewels which is alright I guess.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

04-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

I've updated the guide a bit. I added Arien's combo, an unique strategy to her, the items from the best defenseman box and something new I noticed, about some normal orcs not having any elemental weakness. Feel free to take a look at it.