Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack
Default How2: Start Lunia without going to ijji

NOTE: This method works for some other versions of Lunia, but not for ijjiLunia.

This is a simple guide to making a shortcut that will allow you to start the Lunia client without having to go to ijji.com and login. If any of the resident GMs find this objectionable, PM me and I will remove this.

Please note: The shortcut created through this process bypasses the patcher, meaning that after the game has been updated, you must start the client the hard way in order to get the update.

Without further to do....

Step 1:
If you let Lunia install normally without unchecking any options, the installer should have created a shortcut on your desktop. Click and hold it, pressing down the Ctrl key before releasing. This will create a copy of the shortcut, in case you need to start up Lunia normally (see above).
->

Step 2:
Right click either shortcut and select Properties from the menu. You should see something like this:

We will be working with the highlighted field.

Step 3:
Edit that line so that the end looks like this:

i.e. you are changing
Code:
C:\ijji\ENGLISH\Lunia\Lunia.exe
to
Code:
C:\ijji\ENGLISH\Lunia\LuniaClient.exe RUNGAME
Step 4:
Click Ok and et volia, you now can start up Lunia by double clicking that shortcut.

Major thanks to Kanata Saionji for the original concept. I take no credit for any of this.

Last edited by Godbot3000; 11-06-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-07-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

mangojelly5 is on a distinguished road

This Trick will Not Work ive Tried it on Gunz>_<MUST GO TO ijji site xD to load the Server Thing
Grandizer [Lv:5x Krieg]"Hacked"
Ooze [Lv:2x Slime]"Bored"
My grammar is BAD

10-07-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sparta is on a distinguished road

It does work..

10-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Idk if it works but there's another easier method. You can use a VB program to change the actual client execute name.

For some reason if you try to start luniaclient.exe it won't work. But if you start up luniaclient1.exe, it will.

10-07-2008   #5 (permalink)
Pro in EVERY class

Ichi will become famous soon enoughIchi will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ichigon, Ichigirl, Ichiti
Class: Every Class
Level: 61, 60, 57, 60, 53, 50, 50, 65
Guild: Daysleepers, TheNakedHealer, SexyCat, 500Cent

Well, at least it's good to hear the English Theme song again.

10-07-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sparta is on a distinguished road

I can see the whole LUNIA screen and the loading credits and the theme song..

10-07-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigon
Well, at least it's good to hear the English Theme song again.
Hahha Ichi that's exactly what I thought when I downloaded it 3 days ago or whatever. `-`

10-13-2008   #8 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Falsita
Class: 冰之魔法師 lu_yuki
Level: 5x
Guild: Foriel Union

I don't have GLunia, but I tried it with KTest.

The launcher will run, which is really nice since I can put it through Applocale and get Korean characters!! But if I push the gamestart button then it gives me an error:

Code:
패스포트 스트링 오류 입니다. 다른 컴퓨테에 이미 로그인 되어 있지 않은지 확인해 주십시오.
I guess that means "There is a Passport string error. Please check if you are not already logged in on another computer." I am sure this is not the case, because the game runs fine when I click the gamestart button on the website.

Of course I tried this with Firefox open and logged in to nexon. (I tried with IE as well but it didn't work.)

I'm thinking that the KLunia and GLunia systems work differently. For KLunia you log into the website and then click gamestart. Then you run the client and when you push gamestart you just select the server and then character etc. I'm guessing in GLunia you have to login again?

I'm sure it is possible to get it working with KLunia, but I guess you need to add your username/password into the executable string as arguements somehow. I kinda hoped that if you had firefox running it would just pick it up for you but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If anyone can get KLunia working without the website I'd be really grateful. Not only is that more convenient, but then I can run it through Applocale. For some reason even if I set my computer's locale to Korean it doesn't work perfectly. The buttons on the client are still gibberish. (I had the same problem with TLunia.) So Applocale is the way to go, but I can't do so with the weblogin.

I also thought of running explorer in the background and making a shortcut to the actual gamestart button. While it may be possible, this probbably won't solve the applocale problem.

EDIT: Oops. If I put "LuniaClient.exe" instead of "Lunia.exe" it works!

EDIT2: Omg, if someone can hack Lunia.exe to make the gamestart button direct to "C:\Nexon\LuniaTest\LuniaClient.exe RUNGAME" that would be really awesome. Then we could patch it and everything. I tried putting the TLunia Lunia.exe in KTest's folder but that doesn't work. XD (Though the funny thing is TLunia's exe is more recent that KTest's O_o. Which might explain it.) Anyone have an old KLunia Lunia.exe? (If KLunia ever didn't have the weblogin system. I kinda get the feeling that they put the ingame login there for internet cafe use.)

Last edited by Watatsuki; 10-13-2008 at 08:52 AM.

10-13-2008   #9 (permalink)
Orange

LittleJellybean is on a distinguished road
IGN: LittleJellybean
Class: Healer
Level: 6x

Um but how do we log on if you don't go to the ijji page?

10-13-2008   #10 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough

A box pops up and asks for your username and password like before.

10-13-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Unfortunately we got a bit too excited with this. The pass codes stuff you mentioned actually comes from a program that the websites launch before starting the game, meaning that while this process would launch the client, you can't really do much else with it.

At least, this is the case for ijjiLunia. When I start it using this method, I can login and try to pick a server, but then I get a server not responding message there.

10-13-2008   #12 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
Unfortunately we got a bit too excited with this. The pass codes stuff you mentioned actually comes from a program that the websites launch before starting the game, meaning that while this process would launch the client, you can't really do much else with it.

At least, this is the case for ijjiLunia. When I start it using this method, I can login and try to pick a server, but then I get a server not responding message there.
O_o

It works fine with KLunia. I logged in and played all day today using that method. The only problem is that it directly runs the client, without the launcher, so you can't patch or change settings. I wonder what happens when there is a new patch and instead of running the launcher you directly run the client? Can you connect to Lunia only to play a bugged up game? Or can you not connect at all.

I also wonder if when you run the launcher through "/path/to/launcher/Lunia.exe RUNGAME" does it patch or not? Because if that is so then you don't need an account to patch, which can be useful for people who don't play KLunia but want to keep an updated version of it on their comps to borrow stuff from it.

How did you find out about the arguements? Is there a list somewhere? I wonder if there are other arguements that could help.

Last edited by Watatsuki; 10-13-2008 at 02:08 PM.

10-13-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

The server disconnects you if you try to login with an un-updated game, I've seen that in OB. If it works for other Lunias, great, but doesn't seem like it'll work here.

Quote:
How did you find out about the arguements? Is there a list somewhere? I wonder if there are other arguements that could help.
Quote:
Major thanks to Kanata Saionji for the original concept. I take no credit for any of this.

10-13-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

DeLiGuy is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kirraii, xYukiChan, DeLiX
Class: Sieg, Yuki, Arien lu_arien
Level: 66, 55, 65
Guild: Guildless

Wow thanks for the guide. b4 i couldn't get on with the play live button cuz it would give me an error report. now i can go straight to lunia without launcher.

Lunia
Kirraii: 66 Sieg

10-13-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Eh? Am I the only one for whom this is not working? o.o

*irony attack*

10-13-2008   #16 (permalink)
綿月依姫

I was kinda hoping that Kanata Saionji would see that and say something.

Anyways, I tried running an unupdated BRLunia directly with LuniaClient and it disconnected me after I selected the server. (Maybe your one isn't up to date?) I hope this is also the case for K/GLunia. (It probbably is though.)

I also tried putting the BRLunia Lunia.exe in the KLunia folder but gamestart still doesn't work. I guess that means that there is another part of K/GLunia that we need to edit to let the gamestart button in the launcher work.

Until then I have two icons on my desktop, one for the launcher and the other one for the client. This way I don't need to use the website to update as well. (Hopefully)

Last edited by Watatsuki; 10-13-2008 at 03:49 PM.

10-17-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsMapleStoryTrickster Online

ZOMFGiTsRoy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
Eh? Am I the only one for whom this is not working? o.o

*irony attack*
No, it doesn't work for me either.

10-24-2008   #18 (permalink)
綿月依姫

WARNING:

If you are using this method for KLunia, make sure you run:

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AppLoc.exe "C:\Nexon\LuniaTest\Lunia.exe" "RUNGAME" "/L0412"
Every time there is a patch! If you don't know if there is a patch or not run this before you run the game every time! If you don't, then the game will lead you into a bugged version of the game and if you encounter any new information that your client cannot handle it will instantly crash!

10-24-2008   #19 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I thought there's already a launcher posted here? Try check the General Chat page 3, where Kanata's posted it. Works well.

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/luni...-launcher.html

10-25-2008   #20 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
I thought there's already a launcher posted here? Try check the General Chat page 3, where Kanata's posted it. Works well.

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/luni...-launcher.html
Why do you need it though? This is a method that doesn't require any extra executables. It works fine for KLunia at least. (And I don't know if Kanata's launcher works for KLunia.)