ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Lunia Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-guides/)
-   -   RareSumo's jLunia Start-up Guide (http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-guides/21200-raresumos-jlunia-start-up-guide.html)

RareSumo 07-12-2008 08:16 PM

RareSumo's jLunia Start-up Guide

RareSumo's All-In-One jLunia Starting Guide

Step 1: Getting the jLunia Client
You can find the jLunia client here. If you can't download something from a direct link, there's not much help for you.

Step 2: Registering for jLunia
Head over to the jLunia Registration Page and get registered. I'm trying to keep this guide fairly graphics-free, so I'll just tell you what to put.

Nexon ID: Put your log-in name here. Click the box next to it.
Forum ID: Put the same thing here, or something random. Click the box.
Password: >_> Duh?
Password Confirmation: Put your password again.
State: Pick the last one (沖縄県). This is Okinawa.
Last Name/First Name:
Last Name/First Name:
--Ok. If you're a guy, put this:
山田 太郎
山田 太郎
In the 4 boxes. If you're female, put this:
山田 花子
山田 花子
DO NOT PUT ENGLISH LETTERS.
E-mail: Put your e-mail, hit the button again.
E-mail Confirmation: Just put your e-mail again.
Phone: 098-####-#### .. just put any numbers. It's important that you put 098 in the first box if you chose Okinawa as your location.
E-mail Updates: Default is no.. so don't bother. Left button will make them spam you IN JAPANESE. If you really want that, change this.
Birthday: Format is YYYY/MM/DD. If you were born January 2nd, 2008.. you would type 2008 | 01 | 02.
Secret Question: Pick anything here..
Secret Q Answer: Put anything, it can be in English.
At the bottom: Hit the RIGHT button out of the two under their ToS. Check your e-mail and click the FIRST link of the two inside it to confirm.

Step 3: Making sure your computer has Japanese selected for Non-Unicode characters.
I won't lie, I used this guide... and you should either do the same or google it, or go to Microsoft's website, ask a friend, something. If you get stuck on this, add raresumo[at]hotmail[dot]com on MSN and let me know that you're having trouble and I'll do it over remote access. I just can't describe how it's done well enough.

Step 4: Installing jLunia.
Double click the installer. Anything that has (N) at the end is a Next button. Any time you see 2 buttons, the left is OK and the right is Cancel. You may end up closing it a few times, but just keep trying. Eventually you'll get it.

Step 5: Making it 95% English
---NO LONGER WORKS---

Step 6: Playing jLunia!
Run the program and load up jLunia. Make a new character, and play. My character is a Yuki named BlinksOfGrandeur and my home square is 10. Don't be afraid to whisper me in-game.. and it's rude to speak English publically in their server, so please don't ruin it for the rest of us by doing so. Keep it to PMs.

Step 7: Meet up with English-Speakers
Post your in-game name, level, and class over at the MyLunia jLunia Directory to meet up with other English speakers on the server. If you're not a member of MyLunia already, I highly suggest you register and take a look around.

I'm going to post this on some other fan sites. Any comments/questions/concerns/suggestions/etc?

Useful Links
jLunia Client Download
jLunia Registration Page
Changing your locale to Japanese (Lets you see Japanese characters)
Picture Guide to jLunia registration

Gaiety: Botproof'd your e-mail, added a few useful links, and sticky'd.

Ricepaddy 07-12-2008 08:44 PM

Nice set of info, but here's a better link for registry info

http://www.mylunia.net/forum/showthr...stration+guide

All in all, though, Ricepaddy Approves.

Light 07-12-2008 08:45 PM

Although we have one, its nice to have up-to-date Guides ^^
Thanks for contributing your time and effort in making this.

RareSumo 07-12-2008 09:03 PM

Well, as you can see by my sig... the guides here in MyLunia are extremely segmented. We don't have an all-in-one, which is what this was intended to be. I tried to make this graphics free, as every board has its own rules on them, and same for the Japanese.zip I uploaded.. I hosted it somewhere instead of attaching it, as some places might not let me attach something, etc. I just posted it to about 5-10 sites since it didn't get any negative reviews (yet)..

cherrypandah 07-12-2008 09:05 PM

good job :)

I hope people will take a look at this guide

Twirlzz 07-12-2008 10:11 PM

ALL-IN-ONE! ALL-IN-ONE!

Nicely done. Now. Replace every single thread and post with this guide so that people will HAVE to come over to jLunia <3

buta 07-13-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RareSumo (Post 344511)
Well, as you can see by my sig... the guides here in MyLunia are extremely segmented. We don't have an all-in-one, which is what this was intended to be. I tried to make this graphics free, as every board has its own rules on them, and same for the Japanese.zip I uploaded.. I hosted it somewhere instead of attaching it, as some places might not let me attach something, etc. I just posted it to about 5-10 sites since it didn't get any negative reviews (yet)..

Oh god... 5-10 sites? There goes the community.

DollRmYlIfe 07-25-2008 12:25 AM

I cant.The 4 chineses word can be used a not.Or if others use then i cant use.

nightw4lker 07-25-2008 01:06 AM

is there any chance that we get an updated english translated files for ep5 n yuki? or we just gonna have to wait for tft ?

Dewedi 08-18-2008 06:57 AM

You should update the locales because i get dc if i use them

Yumidesu 02-05-2009 07:14 AM

Every time I try to register and hit the huge orange button under the first part of it, it just reloads the page. o.o

tips1660 04-02-2009 07:50 PM

whenever i try opening hte client a box opens up that says ???????????????????????

sayter 03-17-2011 05:33 AM

download link are broken :S

buta 03-17-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayter (Post 1494920)
download link are broken :S

If you kept up with the news, you'd realize what's going on with Japan has an effect on Japanese Nexon.