Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-02-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

iStrider is on a distinguished road
Default Peak oF IceCap tutorial

How to do Peak of IceCap

Wat is it?
Peak of IceCap is lil sidestage that can be found in the upper left corner of Episode 2 Legend. Also known as "Peaking". The boss ONLY SPAWNS EVERY 2 HOURS on the EVEN hour EST time. (ex. 2:00pm 4:00pm 6:00pm etc...)

Requirements
LvL 58+
4-8 man party is required for boss to spawn
Dont let that get you down though as anyone can get in. All u need is a friend that 58+ or someone that already has it unlocked. Once you beat the stage you will also have it unlocked and bypass the level requirement.

Main Stage
Once u get inside youll see 3 npc's that give u quests. The one all the way on the right side (Angry Snowgirl) is the one that gives you weapons in exchange for 17 Toddmarins. You may need a friend to trade it in for you as its a LvL 58+ quest. They are tradeable but they bind when worn.

Cool huh ^_^?

Anyways, the best time to enter the stage is 5 min before the hour. Once you enter the stage make your way to the top skipping the monsters until you see the ice queen. Just skip and run past her. On the bottom left of the area will be a portal. DO NOT go into the portal unless you wanna start from the bottom of the mountain.

Make your way up to the top but on they way there will be medium sized rolling snowballs coming down to hinder your movement and those pesky lil snow fairys. Just avoid them til you reach the top where you will see a portal.

Boss Time
A Huge Snow Fairy... WTF Steroid Haxxx!
Anyways as soon you enter you will see him and 3 snow fairies. Your main concern in the beginning is to kill the snow fairies first as they can mess up ur combat flow and can also freeze you in place for a couple seconds. Also try not to lure the boss to the entrance as your party is entering because he can and will ONE HIT KO them as they come in.
Once snow fairies are killed concentrate on boss. Beware his attacks as they are pretty deadly.
1) swings his bag around doing around 400-500hp
2) stands on his bag and dances...making snow come out in a semi circle radius in front of him
3) throws bag in front of him and emptys it... mini avalanche ( you can get 1HKO from this if your in front but there is tiny a safespot in the middle of it if your daring ^^)
4) he gets inside his bag and snow falls around him... his strongest attack and can 1HKO you if your too close too him wen he gets inside

The best way to take this sucker down is to use ranged attacks and hit and runs. Just take care of the snow fairies as they respawn. They can put you in a world of hurt real fast.

Once hes down he will drop Shining Jewels and/or Toddmarins. The amount of drops is random (i have had 5 drops 3 ppl alive, 2 drops with 4, and its First come first serve. There is however around a 15% chance of dropping a box which contains 1 of the 4 weapons from above and always has a persons name on top so no stealing.

Also if killed fast enough you can rush in again after the kill to get him again.

Well this is my first guide and i hope u enjoyed it and helped you out as much Happy Peakings ^^

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-02-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

The boss appears for 5 minutes, so if you kill it in time you can get in more runs. The most runs we got was 3-4.

And its not just a 4 man party, you can enter the stage with 8 people. The more people the more efficient the runs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

04-02-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

well srry..as i said this is my first guide so i cant expect for it to be perfect. anyways thx for the info and ill keep it updated as neccesary

04-03-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Melee on the boss is generally okay as long as you learn to get the heck behind him when he's dancing or when he's lifting up his snow pouch ASAP and you learn to get the heck AWAY from him whenever he jumps into his snow pouch. Expect to suck up 400 damage every time he does his spin, though, but that's usually not a big deal (it's nothing a potion or heal bead won't fix!)

04-03-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

ChaosofRuin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ChaosofRuin
IGN: CoRLegacy (Lunia) Diseased Mind of CoR (gRO)
Class: Lunia: Sieg/RO: Sniper to_raccoon
Level: Lunia: 27. *0* RO: Guess.

Lol. Can someone get me to that stage? I want access to it please ;3

04-03-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Melee is fine but generally, people dont wanna risk it. i usually wack him 2-3 times then run to play it safe and wen im on cooldown or outta mp.

04-03-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Playing it safe decreases your chances of getting to kill him a second (or third or maybe even fourth) time within the same 10 minute timeframe. You're best off just learning to get away whenever you see him doing something with his pouch and otherwise just slamming him with as much skill spammage and A rapage as you can. Really not too hard if you have marginally decent reflexes. He has a LOT of start-up time in all his attacks besides the spin thing, and again, the spin thing is nothing a potion or heal bead can't fix.

04-03-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Well yea obviously.. but this is only a tutorial that covers the basics for ppl that dont kno wat theyre doin. Once you keep doing it youll get the hang of it and will be able to kill it more efficiently

04-04-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStrider
well srry..as i said this is my first guide so i cant expect for it to be perfect. anyways thx for the info and ill keep it updated as neccesary
why do you need to be sorry for .__.;; people need to stop taking my posts as if their being scolded at or something rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

04-08-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

ForeverZero is on a distinguished road

Nice guide. Btw if you are fast you can avoid the punch bag by running ahead of the spin movement (only works if you are in between his back and the side of the spin direction) , the mini-avalanche (number 3) can get you if you are on his sides and the dumbass doesnt pay much attention to icewall, its just block it.

04-11-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

cspack is on a distinguished road

I agree. Those resistances are priceless!!