Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-28-2007   #1 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

sven87 is on a distinguished road
Default Partying guide

this guide is directed at intermediate players who want to improve their success rates on stages where parties are more necessary. mostly 1-10, 2-10, 3-10 and most legend stages. it's not a guide about your role in the party, but rather how you should interact with your party members. the best advice i can give is to make every char and finish at least stage 1 with it. This will give you a feel of how your party members play when they're with you. if you do this, you really don't need to read the rest of the guide.

Knights

I find that the average knight is pretty bad. they're reckless, don't know when to run, and most importantly, don't know how to interact with the rest of their party. there are a lot of good knights, too, but for every good knight there's 5 who haven't a clue what they're doing.

Partying with other Knights

you should probably know how to do this. just play like how you want them to play.

Partying with Wizards

most knights get along with wizards pretty well. just know that wizards are quite a bit more delicate than you are. if it takes two hits from that boss to kill you, it will probably take the wizard out in one shot. So if you're tanking, try to keep the boss out of the wizard's way. also try to recongize when a wizard is trying to ice wall. I've seen too many situations where a wizard has sealed a knight in a dangerous place and the knight died. This is usually the wizard's fault, but you're the one who has to pay, so it's worth learning.

when fighting easier monsters, try to realize that wizards like to mob. they have 2 giant AOE spells that they love to use. however, they don't connect if the monster's fallen down. So if you see a wizard collecting a large group of monsters, don't run into it and use your invincible punch. First use skills that don't push and don't knock down. then use skills that push, THEN use skills that knock down. you only have to wait a couple seconds for a wizard to fire his two AOE spells, and it will allow him to do much more damage

before bosses, you should obviously wait for wizards to charge their mp. but between screens, there's no need to wait for them. they'll catch up with you in a few seconds.

Partying with Healers

this is where many knights absolutely fail. it's the healer's responsibility to keep the entire party alive. that include you and herself. However, you're in the front line and she's way in the back. see the conflicting interests here?

when it's possible the next hit you take could kill, leave the dangerous area. this may sound obvious, but a lot of knights don't seem to realize this. If you lose a life, it could cost your whole team the victory. It's not just you that suffers. by staying in the front line with low hp, you're risking your own life AND your healer's, because she may run up to you to try to heal you.

while getting healed, try to stay still. standing near a healer is the universal sign for "heal please". trust me, she knows. If you're not getting healing, she has no mp or is waiting for a delay to finish. but don't move around! i've played a healer, and there have been many times where i missed a beads of healing spell because the stupid knight couldn't hold still for a second. don't follow the healer around if she's moving. she's just trying to get into a better position.

while in the middle of a battle, healers use 3 healing spells mainly. sunlight of healing, light of healing, and beads of healing. Sunlight you don't have to worry much about, just try to stay on the healer's screen if possible. Light of healing, ideally, should only be used outside the front line in the situation mentioned in the previous paragraph. Beads of healing is a little tricky. The beads are homing, but they don't home on people with low hp. They home on anyone within range. if it's clear your healing is aiming for someone else, dodge the beads if you can do so safetly. If they're aiming for you, for the love of god, don't run away from them. It seems like half the knights i party with run away from healing beads. why? i have no idea. maybe they think it's an enemy attack.

other advice is simple. don't lead monsters towards the healer. don't immediately jump up after being knocked down with 0 hp.

Wizards

Wizards tend to be average. I don't see many really good or really bad wizards. for the most part, they don't interact a ton with the other characters, so this section will be short.

Partying with Knights

I haven't played much with a knight, so i can't offer much advice here. I'll ask my knight friend about it later.

For the most part, just stay out of the knight's way if you're both good enough to handle your own mobs. knights are comboers, and your attacks can seriously throw off a knight's combo. just stay out of his face. and of course, don't ice wall your knight in a dangerous area.

Partying with other Wizards

this should be really easy. i find wizards are pretty in sync with each other. try to handle seperate groups than each other so your skills don't interfere.

Partying with Healers

pretty easy, seeing as you should both be in the back line most of the time. you also won't require as much time with a healer because of your relatively low max hp. just try to remember not to jump up after being knocked down with 0 hp. leave the front line if you have low hp and get healed.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-28-2007   #2 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Healers

I find most healers to be pretty good. although try to realize that the party's damage potential is highest when you're mostly healing. Your first priority is to keep everyone alive. Only use your offensive spells if they also help keep people alive or if everyone seems safe at the moment.

Unless you're very confident, don't run into the front line to save one of the knights. Your death is probably worse than a fellow party member's death. When in a battle, stay out of the front line and spam sunlight of healing whenever useful and possible, use beads of healing to heal your party members without endangering yourself. Use light of healing when someone runs up to you and get healed. Never let your hp drop below the cost of price of sacrifice, try not to let your mp drop below the cost of light of healing. Carry healing potions in case this ever happens. if you find yourself with 0 hp and not enough mp to cast a heal spell, and if no other healers are around, and there are no meats close by, just kill yourself. all you can use at that point are normal attacks, and while in that state, your party has no one to heal them.

Partying with Knights

this is tricky when the knights don't know what they're doing. If you find they they're not leaving the front line to get healed when they're at low hp, or are running away from your healing beads, your best bet might be to actually talk to them.

Partying with Wizards

Pretty easy stuff. just keep his hp topped off. Wizards tend to stay on your screen and take damage in large bursts rather than continuously like knights. try not to stand right next to your wizards since you're both pretty frail, and one strong attack could wipe you both out at the same time.

Partying with other Healers

It's quite a sight to see two healers interact. It's actually not very easy for a healer to heal herself without being wasteful with mp. Sure, they can use heal, but a 3 second cast is dangerous, so many healers don't even invest points into the skill. treat healers more like wizards and allow them to heal you, as well.

08-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
tommmmmm

I'm lvl 25 knight and what i have seen is:

When there is a mob out there I always try to use invincible fist first. The wizards usually use the ice thing to push the mob away and then my Fist misses.

Why the fist is more important? because of two things:
1. it attacks a lot of monsters (in some avarage width area)
2. it does 300 (400 with critical) damage

So when the wiz uses his ice thing he does about 200dmg in straight line while i do 300-400 dmg to the mobs. For the sake of time - it's better to have knight use his fist than a wiz to use his ice thing.

-----------------------------------------------
Healers - there ARE bad healers and I DO insult and Offend them.

As for the healers are concerned, you didn't mention in your post, that the knight should protect healer while healing - Healers get mad when they use the long heal (heal 3 times) and the mobs are coming and the knights are standing still.

What should knight do? do a crescent moon (other long range pushing away attack) to push the mobs away. Then healer WON'T stop his healing spell and you WON'T go out of the healing area. Only about 5% of knights know this - the 5% PRO ones

---------------------------------------------------
I have seen only 2 good wizards who CAN use ice wall properly. In 3-10 they are more valuable than healer - they stop daru from moving !!!

-----------------------------------------------------
and one more word about healers - There is an easy way to recognize PRO healer. Pro healer uses bead of light BEFORE you get attacked.

I've seen couple of really professional healers... they cast bead of light whenever i'm closing to daru -> which means even IF i get hurt i'll be healthy again. Thanks to such healer's behaviour I DID not die many times.

----------------------------------------------------
Ok one more word about healing...
Before any big boss many knights use Increase HP potion -> it gives about 90 more hp for 4 minutes.
However i need to heal that additional 90hp. And because of knights have about 1000 life 90 is only a small part and the healer see me as "almost healed" and he doesn't heal me anymore.

The fact i'm using a potion is to make healer heal me the additional 90hp. Without maxed hp using the potion is useless.

Ok to short up everything:
Advice for healers: before episode boss make sure knights are FULL hp (they might have just used the hp increase potion and they need healing).
---------------------------------------------------
I have seen a lot BAD knights that DO run away from bead of light.

And i have seen bad knights that when the mob and wiz case is concerned they use crescent, crosscut or even normal attack - ANY other attack than a Fist is worse than wiz mobing skills - so if you are a knight and don't have fist ready don't spoil the mob that wiz made for himself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
and one more thing - I don't think the knights DON'T KNOW when to run.
We - knights - in opposite to wizards are stucked while doing a spell and a few miliseconds AFTER we did a spell.

I mean here - crescent moon - only when it disappears we can move on - which makes us stuck in one position for 2-2.5 seconds. That's why we are not moving away from the boss when it goes for attacking us.

08-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Kennith is on a distinguished road

What I hate a lot is when a Knight uses a knockdown skill on a huge mob, and doesn't kill them so the Wiz and the other Knight, if any misses their attacks.

08-31-2007   #5 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

thanks tommm, i don't know knights very well, but that information is useful and i'll add it in later. although i have to disgree with your mobbing fist thing. i don't think knights should immediately cast that spell when they see a mob. if it does 400 damage, a wizard of the same level has 3 attacks that each do about 200 to everything in the area, without knocking them down. the knight only has to wait about 3 seconds for the wizard to finish casting those, and THEN he can use his punch skill. i suppose you can use punch+space attack, but that's dangerous because space takes so long to cast, and usually when you have a big mob, each stays on the ground a different amount of time. i think the best plan of attack is for the wizards to use fury of the land and oceans of fire, and for knights to use that blade beam attack and whatever else doesn't knock the enemies down. then maybe the wizard uses icycle rain and the knight runs up and uses his punch.

08-31-2007   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

itzjohnny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommmmmm
When there is a mob out there I always try to use invincible fist first. The wizards usually use the ice thing to push the mob away and then my Fist misses.

Why the fist is more important? because of two things:
1. it attacks a lot of monsters (in some avarage width area)
2. it does 300 (400 with critical) damage

So when the wiz uses his ice thing he does about 200dmg in straight line while i do 300-400 dmg to the mobs. For the sake of time - it's better to have knight use his fist than a wiz to use his ice thing.
When there is a mob, the first thing you would do is use crescent moon sword. That has a wide AoE attack range, pushes monsters back, and doesn't knock them down. When you're playing with other people in the stage, you aren't suppose to knock down the mob unless almost everyone gets a shot at it. Why?

Because the mob will die faster when everyone gets a chance to hit it without having it get knocked down. Knights can use Crescent Moon, Wizards can use Icicle Rain, both AoE spells, and Healers can use Moonlight Pieces.

When the monsters are more intact, they die faster because it takes less hits to kill them all than when they are spread about after you strike with Destruction Fist. Destruction Fist doesn't have that big of a range either. Only the part where the fist lands is the part that receives damage. The whole flashy thingy along with the attack is for looks. The red part doesn't actually hurt the monsters.

PM me if you want to talk to me about something. Rarely in game now.

Thanks Kudaranai for this sexy sig! <3

09-01-2007   #7 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Seraph is on a distinguished road
IGN: FrostSeraph
Class: Yuki
Level: 69
Guild: Synergy

what i hate the most is that most idiots just stand still while im healing and then i get killed because a huge mob or boss owns me with a super strong attack, then everyone gets up when i could ahve revived them. The worst thing is the knights luring mobs to me and then making me heal them, then i get hit and i dont have enough hp or mp to really do anything useful. i get so mad somtimes.

Tommmmmm, destruction fist is a very useless skill for mobs. Barely anything gets hit, and it is very annoying since it wrecks a mob that could be taken out by a nice crescent moon sword.