MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2007   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

JelloTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JelloTime
Default Theory on Stats

One day I was wondering why everyone pumps str/dex stat instead of vit/int. I have come to a conclusion of the stats.

Strength - This stat increases your min and max attack as well as your skill damage.(Chance of achieving max skill damage description)

Dexterity - This stat lowers your skill cooldown.(Of the same tier)

Vitality - Increases hp by a unknown formula

Intellect - Increases mp by a unknown formula

Now we can see why most people pump str and dex instead of vit and int right?
After some researching, I have concluded that vit/int is better in some ways that str/dex do not achieve.

PvP Wise (From an Eir's point of view)

Str - Great if you can hit your opponent and do massive damage but how often do you hit your opponent?

Dex - Good if you like to spam skills but same comment as above.

Now this is where Vit/Int shine.

Vit is important as it allows you to live longer which in turn, might cause your opponent to whack you more/lose more mp using skills.

Int is important as it allows you too cast more skills before you run out of mp.

Now to put these stats character wise.

Sieg
Str - Excellent for Sieg as this is where your character shines. Massive damage is your ideal.
Dex - Also great as you can spam more skills plus that extra damage doesn't hurt.
Vit - More hp means you can fight more!
Int - We all hate the "no mp" animation don't we?

Dainn
Str - Useless but not quite, helps if you want your spells to achieve higher damage.
Dex - Not as bad as strength as you can spam more spells now.
Vit - More hp means more spaming!
Int - Okay, this is really important here, you would think that this is useless since you have that handy "S" button right? Wrong. Int is really important as it will let you stay in combat a longer amount of time. The worse thing that can happen to a Dainn is that you have to stop fighting just to press "s" which leaves you wide open to an attack.

Eir
Str - A little more important than Dainn since you can combo you whacks.
Dex - Useless for healing skills and since our skills tend to have long animations.
Vit - More hp to heal/convert! Yay. Vit goes with int explained later.
Int - Now this is really important. With a bigger mana pool, we can cast more spells before we have to use price. Now, price isn't that easiest skill to use in PvP, especially if its 1v1 so you tend to advoid getting hit a lot. You would want that higher hp so you don't get KOed while using price and the higher int makes the chance of this happen less.

Now I haven't been into detailed about Sieg since I don't know much. But comments are welcomed.
P.S. I shall do PvE/PvM later.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Blah is on a distinguished road

Str does not increase damage range. Damage range is another base stat. Weird, but it works.

08-14-2007   #3 (permalink)
Tarquin

Aren't stats automaticly increased?
Or did I miss something?

08-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Sygnal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sygnal Send a message via MSN to Sygnal
IGN: Sygnal
Class: Healer
Level: x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Aren't stats automaticly increased?
Or did I miss something?
I guess what the OP means by pumping stats in, is getting equipment giving those stats.

08-14-2007   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

lyk13 is on a distinguished road

Ur dex is wrong. Dexterity increases the MAXIMUM damage, not minimum. Of course, also with the faster cool down time.

08-14-2007   #6 (permalink)
Flaeor

And Int increases Mana by 5 not 6. It's pretty obvious, no offense.

08-15-2007   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

JelloTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JelloTime

I beg to differ on the int problem.

I think int is based on some formula as of now. Might be the same with vit..

And thanks for correcting the dex.

08-21-2007   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

markmellow is on a distinguished road

from my experience and testing from many korean mmo's that ive played (and played with really high lvls) the way the game stats are adjusted is by this way.

It takes +3 str to give 1'1 dmg during total 0-100 str, it takes +2 str to give 1'1 dmg from 100-200 str, and +1 str from 300+ total str... I forgot my calculations from the other games so i might be wrong and it might go by 50's, where it takes +5 str to give 1'1 dmg from total 0-50 str, +4 str to give 1'1 dmg from 50-100 total str, +3str from 100-150, and so on. and this curve applies for every other stat in what they do.

but basically the reason why ppl concentrate on one or two stats is because the fact that the stats get more efficient when higher in number, and thats the way it is in almost all korean made mmo's that ive played and tested. Spreading out stats almost tends to show a very weak char. Every char has their favorite pair of stat.

Sieg- +str, +vit... the reason why str is important is because you do more mellee than any other char, your skills aren't as repeatable as others so you'll mostly be doing mellee. since you're always in the front line, and since you have that damage reduction % skill, vit... is.. simply enough... vital... :P

dain- +dex, +int... dex coolsdown your skills and adds max dmg to it, and spell spamming is exactly what dains do so of course dex is just perfect for it (who cares about minimum dmg when spells do massive dmg). Dains just really want to spam more spells more often. Int because it allows you to stay in the action longer, spamming and killing before you run out of mana is always a good thing. you dont need vit as much because you're supposed to attack from far and from harm's way. you can win with 1 hp if the enemy never even reaches you right?, so what good will vit do..

Eir- +int, + vit . healer needs a lot of hp to make use of its heals right? and int basically means hp as well to a healer because of its conversion... makes sense? Its never expected for a healer to be the most high dmging, its only expected to survive soo long that the enemy can't do anything about it and eventually die.

of course every stat is neccessary for characters, but its definately a good idea to concentrate on one or two of their necessary stat., ill explain the pvp reasons later.

08-21-2007   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

PenguinMafia is on a distinguished road

-ding ding ding- Markmellow is correct =)

EtreYunei ~ 1x Eir

08-21-2007   #10 (permalink)
TMM
by Frank Zappa
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

TMM will become famous soon enoughTMM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TMM Send a message via MSN to TMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmellow
from my experience and testing from many korean mmo's that ive played (and played with really high lvls) the way the game stats are adjusted is by this way.

It takes +3 str to give 1'1 dmg during total 0-100 str, it takes +2 str to give 1'1 dmg from 100-200 str, and +1 str from 300+ total str... I forgot my calculations from the other games so i might be wrong and it might go by 50's, where it takes +5 str to give 1'1 dmg from total 0-50 str, +4 str to give 1'1 dmg from 50-100 total str, +3str from 100-150, and so on. and this curve applies for every other stat in what they do.

but basically the reason why ppl concentrate on one or two stats is because the fact that the stats get more efficient when higher in number, and thats the way it is in almost all korean made mmo's that ive played and tested. Spreading out stats almost tends to show a very weak char. Every char has their favorite pair of stat.

Sieg- +str, +vit... the reason why str is important is because you do more mellee than any other char, your skills aren't as repeatable as others so you'll mostly be doing mellee. since you're always in the front line, and since you have that damage reduction % skill, vit... is.. simply enough... vital... :P

dain- +dex, +int... dex coolsdown your skills and adds max dmg to it, and spell spamming is exactly what dains do so of course dex is just perfect for it (who cares about minimum dmg when spells do massive dmg). Dains just really want to spam more spells more often. Int because it allows you to stay in the action longer, spamming and killing before you run out of mana is always a good thing. you dont need vit as much because you're supposed to attack from far and from harm's way. you can win with 1 hp if the enemy never even reaches you right?, so what good will vit do..

Eir- +int, + vit . healer needs a lot of hp to make use of its heals right? and int basically means hp as well to a healer because of its conversion... makes sense? Its never expected for a healer to be the most high dmging, its only expected to survive soo long that the enemy can't do anything about it and eventually die.

of course every stat is neccessary for characters, but its definately a good idea to concentrate on one or two of their necessary stat., ill explain the pvp reasons later.
It FEELS more like 3str is 1~1 from 200+ as well.

08-21-2007   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

chewy is on a distinguished road

it IS 3 str for 1-1 dmg for 100-200 range at least. It even says that when you equip +3 str equip.

08-22-2007   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

imported_soulsound is on a distinguished road

well I wore my drake cloak on my mage

drake cloak stats are 12 hp and mp

I had on a slime cloak = 2 vit something XD

it said -2 vit +12 mp

so that means 2vit =12 hp correct me if I'm wrong

I got in the other server
soulsoundblade= lv 1X sieg when ever the US server is screwed >.> { current stage 3-1 HISTORY >.> till I find a party [help need] }

Current status : not logging into lunia till something good happens >.>

08-31-2007   #13 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JelloTime
One day I was wondering why everyone pumps str/dex stat instead of vit/int. I have come to a conclusion of the stats.

Strength - This stat increases your min and max attack as well as your skill damage.(Chance of achieving max skill damage description)

Dexterity - This stat increases your max damage as well as lower your skill cooldown.(Of the same tier)

Vitality - Increases hp by unknown number

Intellect - Increases mp by unknown number

While I was looking at the info menu in game, I hovered my mouse over the stats and lo and behold, it said what each one did. :3

And guess what, you're pretty much right on the money, but I don't recall anything about Dex increasing damage at all. All it said was that it reduced cooldown times.

Not 100% sure on this.

09-23-2007   #14 (permalink)
Orange

LittleJellybean is on a distinguished road
IGN: LittleJellybean
Class: Healer
Level: 6x

um dex doesnt really help =[ it still takes about the same amount of time to reuse skills

09-23-2007   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

CHEBIv.2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHEBIv.2

This is very useful but I think dex only increases cool down time by only a tad bit....

Wanderers fall asleep in the SleepingForest

09-23-2007   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Mhia is on a distinguished road

I'd love it if dex did help a lot though! Less cooldown for healing. <3

Mhia - 3x Vit Eir - SOS Dan
[Slacks and AFK's at Square 14]
Currently: less active, nya!

10-06-2007   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

DarrenLLai is on a distinguished road

for some reason "increasing" cool time sounds like cooltime is longer... no offense to Lunia... but maybe you should make it "decreasing" cooldown time like Trickster's DX. =0 It just makes more sense that way.

10-13-2007   #18 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

yet dex suck coz 0.000001 sec won save ya really XD

10-23-2007   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

squally is on a distinguished road

Agree with samicool10~
So true...XD
I still prefer vit just because i won't die or hear annoying heart beats

01-10-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Keller is on a distinguished road

About how Str and Dex affect your skills (in terms of damage output and cooldown), I also don't have idea (because Dex doesn't seem to lower the cooldown by much either....). Eitherway, though, I've seen for sure that instead of just reaching maximum damage more often, the skills I use tend to overshoot their stated maximum damage (by minor value, at least).

I agree with Vit and Int being VERY important. Especially on Dainn: He basically has the lowest durability as in the most frail (although I've yet to play the nonglobal characters), and his MP regen is based on percentage (more MP = more nominal regen).