10-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion
Default Ulti's "common sense" stage guide

first off, this is more for the newer players, but i guess it can apply to the higher ups as well as a refresher, and it isnt so much common sense where it should be, but it may be a good idea to adapt to some of these tips, to make staging a bit easier, if helpful.

anyways,

Hi, i'm Ulti, also known as xVertigo in game. here are some "do's" and "dont's" for specific classes, based off my, and others' personal experiences.

knights:

- it's a good idea to learn the in's and out's of provoke, as it's much more than just a skill that does 6 dmg. not only does this skill draw all aggro in range toward you, but it's a good way to get someone out of trouble in a pinch, for example;

we're at episode 2-10, and 3 ice spirits are ganging up on you, ready to attack, if you arent able to get to them fast enough with any other skill, try throwing a provoke at them. (of course, this is a very general way of looking at it, but use your imagination, and make as much use of provoke as you can) for more insight on this, check out my provoke chain guide

- learn2sidestep! sidestepping (dash A+S going left, dash A+space going right) is not only a quick way of moving around, but it can also somewhat negate the slow condition, making things slightly easier, especially in episode 2 and 4. it's also great for dodging attacks.

- efficiency over power. running around and burning all of your mana, killing the first mob in the stage is only going to make you struggle as the stage wears on (especially in raids), while mp pots and rejuvenation pots can supress this slightly, you should still be careful how you use your skills and when, try to save that d-fist for a more difficult part of the stage, or that flash fate for when you cant really get too close to a boss.

Wizards:

- Ice wall (defensively) for a stage wizard, you're going to want this skill. it keep monsters that touch it from approaching you, it draws aggro to it, and it's great for buying time to charge mp if you need it. not to mention protecting your party member(s) for a short time. (ice wall can take approcimately 7-10 hits)

- Ice wall (offensively) it's a good idea to throw out an ice wall so that you and your party member(s) can get behind the monsters affected, and attack for as long as the ice wall is up. (be careful though, because as soon as the ice wall fades, the monsters will aggro right back to you.)

- Bitter cold breath. i cannot stress this enough. i HIGHLY recommend that you do NOT use this skill as an attack. why? because from the moment you cast it, you're invincible until the animation ends... now wouldn't you want to save that invincibility time for when you're in a tight situation?

Thieves:

- You can run, and you can Hide. The skill, Hide, is an extremely useful skill to use in stages, not only will all aggro be set to neutral from you, but you can attack regular monsters and mini bosses freely without worrying about aggro going back to you.

- Slip's wing...what's that command again? the command for slip's wing is: A, S, A, S, A+S, space.

Healers:

- Light shield, offensively! wizards and puppeteers(need confirmation on puppeteers) (and to a lesser extent, knights) can use most of their attacks under light shield, using it may give them an upper hand on dealing damage to a difficult monster or boss.

- Concentration. this skill, along with mp recovery (and to a lesser extent, mp increase) can really give your mana pool a nice boost in tough situations, having this skill gives you a slight chance of gaining half the mana you spent on your last skill back. mathematically, the more difficult the situation, the higher the chance of this skill coming through, the more mana you have to get through that situation, worth considering if you have the points.

- Life extension as a save. the buff, life extention, can also be used as a save. although the range isnt as great as a sunlight of healing or e-heal, it's great for a "last resort" save, when you have nothing left to use.

- You can deal damage too! A lot of healers that i know are too used to sitting back and healing, not attempting to deal some sort of damage when the oppurtunity arises, you're able to attack too, go for it. (and if someone in your party say's something to you, dont heal them ^^)

Dacy: Coming soon

General tips: Coming soon

Last edited by Ultimaga; 10-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

You may want to bold and change the colors for few things.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

10-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Foxed is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Foxed
Class: Dainn
Level: 61
Guild: Titans

Spending points into concentration for eirs isn't exactly a great idea for most. Most eir builds are already pressed for points and trying to find enough to put into concentrate is very hard. Also, the point that concentrate at max only works 10% of the time when you can have a guarenteed extra 600 mana from increase which also leads me to say that concentrate may not be reliable. It might work on that first HS that saves 20 mana but it doesn't activate on that 300 mana LoH.

Not to say that it isn't useful at all, but those points could definitely be placed into someplace more useful.

10-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

1 point into concentrate is all that anyone recommends. Ulti doesn't say it directly, but that's the implication.

10-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxed
Spending points into concentration for eirs isn't exactly a great idea for most. Most eir builds are already pressed for points and trying to find enough to put into concentrate is very hard. Also, the point that concentrate at max only works 10% of the time when you can have a guarenteed extra 600 mana from increase which also leads me to say that concentrate may not be reliable. It might work on that first HS that saves 20 mana but it doesn't activate on that 300 mana LoH.

Not to say that it isn't useful at all, but those points could definitely be placed into someplace more useful.
thats why i said "if you have the points" =x

my healer has lvl 4 concentrate, along with max recovery and increase, so just in case theres a situation where things get rough, concentrate will kick in almost half the time per 30 seconds (i think that was the math, someone correct me if im wrong)

as i said before, you cant ever have too big of a mana pool.

10-10-2008   #6 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaga
- Concentration. this skill, along with mp recovery (and to a lesser extent, mp increase) can really give your mana pool a nice boost in tough situations, having this skill gives you a slight chance of gaining half the mana you spent on your last skill back.
Not half the MP. Unless I've been lied to, it's already been tested in the current patch and it's still all of your MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
1 point into concentrate is all that anyone recommends. Ulti doesn't say it directly, but that's the implication.
No. No. No. What's more, NO.

Even if it is a chance to halve the MP cost, the first point in Concentrate absolutely destroys both Recovery and Increase at higher levels. I am well aware this means some level of reliance on the RNG. It really doesn't matter once you start throwing 65+ skills around for the entire duration of a stage. Bad luck with the RNG is a valid concern in a short PvP match. Not in this context.

Assuming it is, in fact, 100% reduction in MP cost, I have a very strong feeling that if I was to work out the math on the 65+ skills, quite a few builds would show that the additional points perform just as well as Mana Recovery or better.

10-10-2008   #7 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1s3ri
No. No. No. What's more, NO.

Even if it is a chance to halve the MP cost, the first point in Concentrate absolutely destroys both Recovery and Increase at higher levels. I am well aware this means some level of reliance on the RNG. It really doesn't matter once you start throwing 65+ skills around for the entire duration of a stage. Bad luck with the RNG is a valid concern in a short PvP match. Not in this context.

Assuming it is, in fact, 100% reduction in MP cost, I have a very strong feeling that if I was to work out the math on the 65+ skills, quite a few builds would show that the additional points perform just as well as Mana Recovery or better.
so even just 1 point is still good to have? is that what you're saying? *thinking if going to put 1 point on it*

10-10-2008   #8 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Depending on your build and playstyle, the first point in Concentrate can be better than an additional point in Mana Recovery as early as mid-50s. The more mana you use, the better it is; by the time you reach 7x with the boosted skills, it's unquestionably a smart choice for PvM.

10-10-2008   #9 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

well my build is mainly hybrid and for stage...so I'm 53, so I guess it's ok? btw does it work with heal skill as well? :S

10-10-2008   #10 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

it works with all skills. and is instant upon cast, so even if you get cancelled, if concentrate succeeds, you'll get the mp no matter what.