CrunchyRoll has disabled reputation
IGN: Dithyrambic
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 85
Guild: Poverty
Default Say goodbye to client editing?

WHAT ARE THESE NEW FILES
ahhh

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-21-2011   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Different file type doesn't mean you can't edit anymore. It just means you have to figure out how to read different file packs before you can touch anything inside. It just takes more work now.

04-21-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsDungeon Fighter OnlineGunZ

"figure out"

so complicated, but this is only on ktest atm. good thing about it = no more first load.

Last edited by CrunchyRoll; 04-21-2011 at 12:50 AM.

04-21-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy

D: NOO. My edits ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyRoll
no more first load.
Woo!

04-21-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Can you upload a folder containing the cfp and cpv files somewhere? Preferably the ones from the Locales folder since theyīre small. Iīm curious if somthing can be done.

04-21-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
Can you upload a folder containing the cfp and cpv files somewhere? Preferably the ones from the Locales folder since theyīre small. Iīm curious if somthing can be done.
gonna upload it, tell me if you figure something out
http://www.mediafire.com/?xk6lxnd30lce6l5

Last edited by CrunchyRoll; 04-21-2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: uploaded

04-21-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Eww, the new file system is anoying. I guess the cfp file is just the former, but now crypted, Locales.zip, which contains several xml files. The other file can be easly read with notepad. It just contains the paths to each of the xml files followed by its MD5 hash (I guess).

Unless someone is able to extract the contents of the cfp file, itīll be the end of client editing. Booh :<

05-02-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Lunia

xXxhealyxXx is on a distinguished road

i hope this doesnt get implented o EuLunia(if they reopen -w-'')

06-23-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

No more client editing!

06-23-2011   #10 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

I hate Ryan's English Voices ; - ;

HE DOES NOT SOUND EVIL AT ALL

06-23-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
ElswordLuniaLevel RS4 League

killerkeks will become famous soon enoughkillerkeks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyRoll
No more client editing!
WHAT?! U KIDDING ME?!

edit: ohhh what i fail ment to quote "no more firstload"

06-28-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Default Engrish ftw!

Quote:
Hello, Fans of Lunia

Thanks for the email about changes in file structure.
It is our bad not able to provide Bug Free or Modification Free client to fans of Lunia.
But then I hope that you would understand our situation as well. Following statement can be an excuse to you but it is what we are facing in real world.
If all fans of Lunia has an ability to modify client as they wish without having any problem with client stability issues and client hacking issue, we wouldn't mind what they do at all.
And also if all fans of Lunia is good to us all time, not trying to breaking in our system with modified client and so on. Again, we wouldn't mind what they do at all.
But then in real world, we as game developer face lots of challenges with modified game client.
- Users who just copy modified client cause it looks neat and nice will not be able to handle if client problem comes up the surface. In this case, CS team will have a hard time to come up with guide to them.
- Developer will not be able to spot whether those modified client is part of illegal use or not.
These two issues are most critical for all time.
I know best thing of all time fixing this problem is providing script based User Interface so users can modified the UI as they wish.
But then it take so much time and men power which we can't support right now.
I hope that you would understand our side of story as well.
If you can leave some of good idea about changing User Interface, I will be glad to look over and suggest to our dev. person.

Thanks.
This is allmīs answer to my email regarding client editing. I expected such an answer. I really miss my client edits :/

07-08-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

akane750 is on a distinguished road

Give me back my japanese voices

Talk about paranoia - replacing uncompressed WAVs (voice files) with a single package. I personally don't buy the "excuse" for those. Things like models - yes, but audio? Despite voice files being that "problematic", music files apparently arent as they're left untouched in their BGM folder. All this "new concept" stuff seems to be more than allm claims it is.

07-10-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

You're right.

And it doesn't even stop anyone from Client Editing. It just makes it tedious to do so.

07-21-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

sindarusco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
This is allmīs answer to my email regarding client editing. I expected such an answer. I really miss my client edits :/
good job! and stupid allm stuff. obviously, it is just an excuse. hope some one can figure out how to read/modify cfp/cpv files~

09-28-2011   #16 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Client editing can still function by using the same directory tree that Lunia has always been under.

For example:

The imagesets.zip will take priority over the one inside the cfp or where ever the actual data is stored. (That's one hell of a compression if it is in the cfp)

I don't claim to know this method very well, so don't officially quote me here; From what I believe happens, all the data is basically packed up inside a file like a Winrar Archive, and when the game is running, it will load the files in that package just the same as if it wasn't packed. Otherwise Allm would have to do an overhaul of the client file system; honestly speaking, Allm wouldn't care enough to do that unless it really caused serious abuse.

The only major flaw when it comes to these encrypted packaged files, would be that NEW data wouldn't be easily obtainable.
Unless Allm added anything new to any files since these encrypted files were released, any old edited data will function without glitching/bugs.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

12-10-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Default Necro, necro...

Just in case anyone is still interested in modding Lunia; an extractor was released several months ago. Go to Luigi Auriemma, download "QuickBMS generic files extractor and reimporter 0.5.15b" and also the script "lunia.bms" (Ctrl + F it).
With these you can extract the cfp archives and modifiy the client to your hearts content as long as you keep the directory tree intact. After the extraction, you donīt need the cfp or cpv files anymore, so delete / rename them.

Repacking also works, but the altered files have to be in equal size or less of the original, so itīs best if you extract the archive and leave it as it is instead of repacking. This also saves you the trouble of a needed hex-edit if you alter certain files.

Happy editing.