Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-02-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
I'll have to disagree. When Allm spamreleases new characters, it shifts their focus from balancing the game and stages and focusing on actual development, to balancing characters.
I would agree with this regarding characters like (maybe Ralph) dark Eir, Arta and Gaon, as they were messed up balanced right after their release.
But what was wrong with characters like Krieg and Tia before their balance?
Did people qq, because Krieg and Tia are not powerful enough, or was it allm seeing the need to "balance" this game? Eventually someone can enlighten me and tell me why they buffed them. I used both character before these stupid changes and I never had the urge to cry for a buff.

Up to Ralph/dark Eir, there was never the need to increase skill damage of the other characters to such a ridiculous level.

All in all I don't see how releasing a lot of characters messed the balance up, when allm decided to screw around with characters, which have been fine.

Last edited by Seiskyo; 01-02-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-02-2011   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Griever isn't taking about how new characters directly affect the balance of it. What he means is that instead of focusing on doing one or two things well, Allm has to shift their resources to doing several things poorly (i.e. recycled characters and uninspiring stages). I think you're reading way too into the post; Allm can only do so much at once and as of late, the focus has been on new characters and not the general scope of the game.

Last edited by iARE1337; 01-02-2011 at 05:08 PM.

01-02-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
Griever isn't taking about how new characters directly affect the balance of it. What he means is that instead of focusing on doing one or two things well, Allm has to shift their resources to doing several things poorly (i.e. recycled characters and uninspiring stages). I think you're reading way too into the post; Allm can only do so much at once and as of late, the focus has been on new characters and not the general scope of the game.
Ow, I see. Thanks for clearing this up.

01-02-2011   #24 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

Imo, remove the retarded skill dyes and CS stats ( like back then the stats were only +1 to + 6 its stupid to see retarded + 38 stats ). They should make +1/+2 skills on raid sets ( gives players more attraction to do raids and to farm raid gears ). Remove the stupid staging gears we have now ( ROD gears especially are retarded...) Add more NEWER gears with more balanced stats...

@Flinkster - Krieg was fine back then, I would rather let krieg keep all his endurance and have the same damage as OB, than let him have both -.-.

01-18-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

FrozenHearted is an unknown quantity at this point

Flinching:
-Remove that damage barrier thingie.
-Remove flinch effect ant make it as the same as it was in OB. Comboable mobs can be pushed (Hand of Earth, Ice Rain, Fire Rain) but attacking them won't make them stop, leaving them able to damage you by weirdly counter-attacking...Uncomboable mobs cannot be flinched or pushed. Now learn to recognize patterns and dodge.

01-18-2011   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenHearted
Flinching:
-Remove that damage barrier thingie.
-Remove flinch effect ant make it as the same as it was in OB. Comboable mobs can be pushed (Hand of Earth, Ice Rain, Fire Rain) but attacking them won't make them stop, leaving them able to damage you by weirdly counter-attacking...Uncomboable mobs cannot be flinched or pushed. Now learn to recognize patterns and dodge.
Yeah they kinda did that in the Bonus stages and ruined them.

01-19-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

FrozenHearted is an unknown quantity at this point

I felt like stages have been ruined ever since we got to Ijji. Flinch patch made dodging less necessary and took out the skill stages needed.

Add that to the frustration I had in TFT, when I saw Dainns doing AAA-Space on wolves in Ep2 Legend (Easy leveling, anyone?), not trying to escape that much and still successfully soloing...In OB I used to spend most of my time helping people through that episode so they can finally do fun stages such as 3-3L and 3-10L. ):

Last edited by FrozenHearted; 01-19-2011 at 11:47 AM.

01-19-2011   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Zloty has a spectacular aura aboutZloty has a spectacular aura about
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: OurStory

Hey guys there is 1 problem you don't see. Stages after Lunia-Z updated are even harder than OB/TFT ones but 1 thing makes them easy. It is the fact we do not have skill builds anymore. Tons of Skillpoints give us more skills to choose and more attacks. Actually the dmg diffrence between skill and bosses' hp is even bigger than tft/ob. We got more skills so we can attack more. The next thing that makes game easier are cooldowns, they were decreased. Most of dainn skills were decreased from 100% cd to 33-40% we can attack all the time, there's no way to repair the game. Back then melle was useful since we had to wait certain time peroid for till cooldown ends, nowadays we can shower mobs all the time. What can we do now? The answer is Nothing.
Melle is completly useless, so are combos. People can not combo due to new flinching system. It's all about spam. The new flinching system adopted the game to the increased ammount of skills. The game is just like it is.

Last edited by Zloty; 01-19-2011 at 12:31 PM.

07-07-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Sorry for the necro, but now ALLM has this suggestion site.
LuniaGlobal - Action Arcade RPG

You guys should go suggest whatever you wrote in this topic.

And yes, it actually works. They actually replied to a suggestion of mine (albeit in Engrish) but it wasn't an automated message or anything silly like that. It was an actual reply. I suggested making Raids more useful by:
A.) Giving better Stage Equips with either better stats or more useful set effects so not everyone would be scrambling for Rod 4 stuff.
B.) Offering an alternate way to get Myth Boss Item Boxes (i.e. Myth Yeti Cave would give Lunia Spirit Item Box, Bigtalk/Heartgear would give Soldin Spirit Item Box.)
C.) Shifting focus away from Myth stages and into something else for once.

I guess they're desperate to keep the Lunia Titanic afloat.