ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-11-2010   #101 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
SilentSaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 自分の幻想
Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (0)
SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zloty
We used to raid to lvl up and sometimes for equips, but now we farm equips in boring stages adn we lvl up in boring stages like myth
Back to the OB days?

Still remember all those 1-3L runs people did.
__________________
Human history is the story of complaisance. While disaster is fresh in our memory, we take precautions. But as the memory of disaster recedes, we start to take risks.

Last edited by SilentSaber; 09-11-2010 at 11:27 PM.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-19-2010   #102 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
taeo's Avatar
Games
Lunia
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In your basement >:D
Posts: 720
iTrader: (0)
taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati
Default

Patch just reeks because of the terrible lag it came with it zzzz
__________________
MAPLESTORY:
DuckStop lvl 113 Outlaw
~Windia~
12/20/11
 
09-22-2010   #103 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Chaoskidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)
Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeo
Patch just reeks because of the terrible lag it came with it zzzz
my opinion on reason for lag:
1st: PC spec.
2nd: graphic card
3rd: internet speed
4th: game service

because the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speed
 
09-22-2010   #104 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Griever's Avatar
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,793
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
my opinion on reason for lag:
1st: PC spec.
2nd: graphic card
3rd: internet speed
4th: game service

because the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speed
That's pretty crappy logic since you have the option to go back to the original "2D" view.

Also disregard the fact that people tried KLunia and lo and behold, there's less lag in KLunia than on our version. If I'm able to play a game where the servers are located 7000 miles away without lag, but I'm not able to play one here there's something wrong. Not to mention, if I'm able to run virtually any other MMO without lag at high settings and run it just fine.

I heard it has something to do with dual or quad-core systems.
 
09-22-2010   #105 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
lazybum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 502
iTrader: (0)
lazybum will become famous soon enough
Default

Wow they finally upped the difficulty?
If its going to be like back in the OB days i'm going to need to find a way back to this game after my exams!
__________________

Tlunia - Drastic (Dainn), Eclipse (Eir)
 
09-22-2010   #106 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Chaoskidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)
Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
That's pretty crappy logic since you have the option to go back to the original "2D" view.

Also disregard the fact that people tried KLunia and lo and behold, there's less lag in KLunia than on our version. If I'm able to play a game where the servers are located 7000 miles away without lag, but I'm not able to play one here there's something wrong. Not to mention, if I'm able to run virtually any other MMO without lag at high settings and run it just fine.

I heard it has something to do with dual or quad-core systems.
that's when the 4th reason comes when there is nothing wrong with the first 3 reasons.
"I heard it has something to do with dual or quad-core systems." and this belong to the first reason, PC spec.
 
09-22-2010   #107 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
ShiningSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in the world...
Posts: 490
iTrader: (0)
ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale
Default

It's definitely not PC lag, since I lag on a single core system (P4 2.8GHz with Radeon HD4670 and 2GB RAM on XP) AND a dual core system (i5 520M with Radeon HD5870M and 4GB RAM on 7), so ijji needs to get better server connections or something.

It wasn't this bad before LuniaZ update, so there must've been something wrong with the patch.
__________________
 
09-22-2010   #108 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Griever's Avatar
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,793
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
that's when the 4th reason comes when there is nothing wrong with the first 3 reasons.
"I heard it has something to do with dual or quad-core systems." and this belong to the first reason, PC spec.
If it runs fine on single core or multi-core, but not on those in between, it's clearly not PC specs. It's a failure to assimilate properly.

By your logic, it's like saying "I hate the taste of eggs and therefore I also hate cake because it has eggs in it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningSeraph
It's definitely not PC lag, since I lag on a single core system (P4 2.8GHz with Radeon HD4670 and 2GB RAM on XP) AND a dual core system (i5 520M with Radeon HD5870M and 4GB RAM on 7), so ijji needs to get better server connections or something.

It wasn't this bad before LuniaZ update, so there must've been something wrong with the patch.
This.
Pure and simple.
 
09-23-2010   #109 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Chaoskidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)
Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
If it runs fine on single core or multi-core, but not on those in between, it's clearly not PC specs. It's a failure to assimilate properly.

By your logic, it's like saying "I hate the taste of eggs and therefore I also hate cake because it has eggs in it."



This.
Pure and simple.
I don't know what is wrong with you since you seem like wanting to start a flame by starting aggressive sentences.
also, what I listed were reasons. and one of them, included "game service", which satisfy your thesis. So, what is the point of being aggressive to me?
it clearly said that it is based on my opinion. so why would this concern you so much?
why don't you write an entire essay to persuade Ijji to update their service (as you said, lag) instead of trying to change my opinions, which, wouldn't improve anything for the game.

Last edited by Chaoskidd; 09-23-2010 at 12:53 AM.
 
09-23-2010   #110 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Griever's Avatar
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,793
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
I don't know what is wrong with you since you seem like wanting to start a flame by starting aggressive sentences.
also, what I listed were reasons. and one of them, included "game service", which satisfy your thesis. So, what is the point of being aggressive to me?
it clearly said that it is based on my opinion. so why would this concern you so much?
why don't you write an entire essay to persuade Ijji to update their service (as you said, lag) instead of trying to change my opinions, which, wouldn't improve anything for the game.

because the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speedbecause the last patch is a major update on graphic, therefore, i think your pc cannot handle it anymore.
you should post ur pc spec and internet speed

I feel a bit surprised that you found anything in that statement "aggressive." I honestly didn't even mean to "flame" you (I didn't,) I just think you're a bit hypersensitive.
Also when you present your "opinion" as fact, it's not an opinion. Regardless, whoever told you opinions can't be wrong was lying and that's exactly what you were - wrong. Saying it was an opinion and someone else shouldn't concern themselves with it is just silly:
"It is my opinion that the Holocaust never happened." Unsurprisingly, there are a few people like that in the world.

I'm already doing my part to get Ijji to fix the server issues. The better question is, are you? Remember all the way back to middle school social studies and the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
Boycott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The server attendance for Lunia is so low that they're relying solely on events/contests to keep population up instead of simply fixing the servers properly.

Last edited by Griever; 09-23-2010 at 12:59 AM.
 
09-23-2010   #111 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Chaoskidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)
Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"
Default

NVM, I am wrong, you are just like the Sheldon Cooper character in "The Big Bang Theory".
also, I made my point. keep on persuade me, Griever.

Last edited by Chaoskidd; 09-23-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: sentence toward specific person
 
09-23-2010   #112 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Saibak's Avatar
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 416
iTrader: (0)
Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light
Default

But what do you mean by lag? Do you mean a low frame rate (fps lag) or a bad connectivity to a server(i.e. packet loss)?

On my very old computer (2GHz Athlon XP, 1GB RAM, Geforce 6800GT, WinXP, 1024x768, all details maxed, shadows off, Anti-Aliasing off) Lunia ran fine in most areas fps wise before and after the 3D-update, except when there were more than four ppl on the screen or when I entered a raid with lots of monsters.
As for the internet connectivity: Of course I lag when I play at US-Lunia because my ping is something around 200ms. But I never had that stuff where I teleport forth and back when I move.

On my new comp (Intel Q9550, 4GB RAM, Geforce GTX 275, Win 7, 1920x1080, all sliders maxed) Lunia runs perfect fps wise but my ping is the same.

On EU-Lunia I have absolutely no lag (ping: 70ms) even though some of my guildmates complain about lag but that is, in this case, their bad connection to the server.
 
09-23-2010   #113 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Chaoskidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)
Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
But what do you mean by lag? Do you mean a low frame rate (fps lag) or a bad connectivity to a server(i.e. packet loss)?

On my very old computer (2GHz Athlon XP, 1GB RAM, Geforce 6800GT, WinXP, 1024x768, all details maxed, shadows off, Anti-Aliasing off) Lunia ran fine in most areas fps wise before and after the 3D-update, except when there were more than four ppl on the screen or when I entered a raid with lots of monsters.
As for the internet connectivity: Of course I lag when I play at US-Lunia because my ping is something around 200ms. But I never had that stuff where I teleport forth and back when I move.

On my new comp (Intel Q9550, 4GB RAM, Geforce GTX 275, Win 7, 1920x1080, all sliders maxed) Lunia runs perfect fps wise but my ping is the same.

On EU-Lunia I have absolutely no lag (ping: 70ms) even though some of my guildmates complain about lag but that is, in this case, their bad connection to the server.
agreed ;

should have something from Taeo since he/she is absolute in silence.

Last edited by Chaoskidd; 09-23-2010 at 02:25 AM.
 
09-26-2010   #114 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Griever's Avatar
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,793
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
NVM, I am wrong, you are just like the Sheldon Cooper character in "The Big Bang Theory".
also, I made my point. keep on persuade me, Griever.
http://u-lunia-gw01.pubgame.ijji.com...onnections.asp

I win.
 
09-26-2010   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Seiskyo's Avatar
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 356
iTrader: (0)
Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion
Default

That thing is probably broken, cuz 41 k people wouldn't help to get your point through.
 
09-26-2010   #116 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
SilentSaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 自分の幻想
Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (0)
SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC
Default

It's down to 3~4k users again. And it could always be the upstream providers that cause the lag. (Slow routers or routers dropping packets...) The broadband infrastructure in the US isn't exactly top of the line. But, regardless, it's pretty suspicious for the game to suddenly become laggy right after a patch.
__________________
Human history is the story of complaisance. While disaster is fresh in our memory, we take precautions. But as the memory of disaster recedes, we start to take risks.
 
09-26-2010   #117 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
1stsim144's Avatar
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,062
iTrader: (0)
1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur
Default

Lmao. 2.6k people online. Wow.
__________________
 
09-27-2010   #118 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
FullMetalSieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A box (:
Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)
FullMetalSieg is on a distinguished road
IGN: FullMetalSieg
Class: Sieg
Guild: LuckyThirteen
Default

i dindt play OB but i played before yuki came out and that was certiainly better since stagers were more fun than it is now -_- and combos were harder which made it more fun =DD uncancellable dAS ftw. no lag and tons more ppl pvping
__________________
I am a PvPer. Nothing more, nothing less.
 
09-28-2010   #119 (permalink)
(・∀・)
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 299
iTrader: (1)
phantastic has disabled reputation
Default

No lagg either here. I rarely ever lagg ever since ijji took over. And I'm from Europe.
 
09-28-2010   #120 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Bredgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,635
iTrader: (0)
Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB
Default

I am so tempted to come back just to try out this new difficulty that everyone keeps talking about... sounds a lot like OB.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://ggftw.com/forum/lunia-general-chat/81380-reactions-most-recent-patch.html
Posted By For Type Date
Grieverus - Page 9 - ijji Forums This thread Refback 08-31-2010 03:39 AM
Grieverus - Page 11 - ijji Forums This thread Refback 08-31-2010 12:50 AM

zOMG!
Need a new browser game?

Try 

zOMG!

Rating:  

6.4
Hide this banner by registering for our community.