Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
08-31-2010   #41 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

By the way guys... try to keep the thread to stick to the topic of the patch, not of Ijji forums.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-31-2010   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Just saw JuJu's facebook post and there's a patch later tonight to fix the tech problems. Maybe then people will begin to appreciate the actual content of the patch?

08-31-2010   #43 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

^ word, lets hope these ijji players can qq less in awhile atleast.

08-31-2010   #44 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I've mostly tested the staging aspect aside from bonus, so I agree with Godbot here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
I'm not sure about everyone else here, but in OB, I didn't not learn to combo because it was an option, I learned it when there was an immense difficulty spike that I had to get past, and I could only do it reliably by comboing everything to hell and back (that and pvping Zyris is a rather inspiring ordeal). I don't think the newbies of today will ever experience that until the middle/later myths, seeing how the major difficulty spikes occur in legend and bonus, neither of which are along the path to level 70 and myth any more
I recall having to try multiple times to beat history daru, and after constant restarts learning how to dodge his attacks and working with the team to maximize damage, it was a fun experience.

Same for 1-7 Legend with the poison mushrooms, it was a hard obstacle to overcome, but it was very rewarding learning how to beat it, and not have to screw with those damn mushrooms anymore.

--
That's another reason why I miss the fact you have to complete a stage to move to the next.

I recently restarted the staging with an Arta, by doing nothing but Melee attacks and when the stage got very hard, I simply went to the episodes "Closed mine" and leveled to the point I could simply pass it and move on.

I hit episode 5 with no complications in a few hours because of that.
There is no sense of accomplishment beating a really hard stage anymore, you can simply walk on by.

In turn, the old staging system was far better, and this patch didn't do anything to improve the flawed system.
If we have to play every stage, I don't see why you should be able to just dodge a challenge and take the easy route.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Light; 08-31-2010 at 07:43 PM.

08-31-2010   #45 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

You don't have to beat stages. Those of use with exp coupons, can skip stages. It's still based on level, but more more spread out than before.

Stages are still easy. Even though Ryan doesn't do the MOST stage damage. I can steam roll through every stage. I don't even have 1k str :/

I'm still annoyed by pvp QQers ` - `. You got more damage, stop QQin about Ryan. If you can't beat my first hit, lrn2dodge. Plenty of people have and they've beaten me.

08-31-2010   #46 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka2n
^ word, lets hope these ijji players can qq less in awhile atleast.
I hope that you also keep your mouth shut from here on out as well.

After sitting down to read a 16 page trollfest thread on ijji forums, I constantly hit my head on my desk when you replied back.

Every post I saw from you only further fed the fire and made us look even worse.
If you truly wanted to "defend your homies" then just toss the fact you support them and keep out of it.

Trying to insult them back is just as immature and short sighted, and you constantly kept it up to the point you looked far worse than the OP did.
Griever said his few words and then left the brigade, which was the proper way to handle it.

You are also in no position to brag about something stupid like this; and by constantly going at it and tarnishing peoples outlook on us, they actually win the so called "bragging rights".

If you don't like their forum, then just stop visiting, likewise with them towards us.
Getting into a battle over it is absolutely pathetic, and I'm very disappointed to see how this turned out.

08-31-2010   #47 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

^ really? I tried telling them in the most easiest manner ever, in the early pages to put the fire outta the kitchen, But apparently they don't have any manners or sense of anything so right now I ain't gonna post anything on their forums ever again, I'll probably look up into the trade sections and the sieg section on class help. Trust me on this light I ain't gonna post this crap anymore, Sick of tired of qqing ppl that couldn't control themselves over some opinions anyways its just the internet, It doesn't really matter, words don't hurt. Only the truth does.

Oh btw light so your saying if you get punched in the face, your gonna just stand there and let them kill you? Or would you rather fight back and try to control the situation?

Last edited by d4rka2n; 08-31-2010 at 07:57 PM.

08-31-2010   #48 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
In turn, the old staging system was far better, and this patch didn't do anything to improve the flawed system.
If we have to play every stage, I don't see why you should be able to just dodge a challenge and take the easy route.
Assuming we're thinking of the same staging system...

I agree. Back in the day, having the options of different equipments from each boss gave you the option of becoming unique and the different set effects let you find items that complimented how you wanted your character to be like. Now, there are the very limited raid sets, bonus sets, myth sets, and a few stage sets now. Including the fact that some characters don't even have visual representations of the raid sets makes me a very sad player.

In response to the actual thread topic, I was expecting much as I had already gone on kTest and seen the 3d view. Now that it's here, I am disappointed even more given how annoying the view can be at times. Sure you can see more depth, but given that many stages go side-to-side and your height perception is gone, it makes playing as one previously did a challenge. Not a challenge that the game has become harder and requires more skill to finish, mind you. More like there's a retarded kid jiggling your arms while you play.

Regarding the stage patches, I can't say they were particularly groundbreaking nor are they bringing anything particularly attractive to the game. They seemed to be aimed towards making the game more unforgiving to failure and, while some may see this as a wanted challenge, I see it as nothing more than widening the gap of difficulty that new players must overcome, requiring them to input that much more time to master a game that should be played for enjoyment rather than frustration. It seems to be further narrowing the target audience and I can't say that's a good thing. If anything, it's bad. Downright bad.

Quote:
Oh btw light so your saying if you get punched in the face, your gonna just stand there and let them kill you? Or would you rather fight back and try to control the situation?
Except in this case, it's more like people talking about you. And it's not even behind your back given that everyone has access to the forums. I'd hardly equate that to a punch in the face. And I highly doubt it'll kill you. And when has fighting back every controlled a situation? Fighting back further fans the flames, in just about every situation and makes things worse. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Or perhaps a more accurate way of putting it is stop feeding the trolls.

Last edited by buta; 08-31-2010 at 07:58 PM.

08-31-2010   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

my reaction:

1) everybody can rb every month now!
2) no more under-24-hour lvl 90s, so the guild can be active for longer than just the first 2 days of each month!
3) harder low level stages makes us want to farm and fort lower level equips!

more difficulty, more equips, more playtime and more goals

problem is i feel bad for people just starting out, but this game is set up in a way that you feel accomplished after every stage and want to see whats next, which means new players will probably try to continue anyway. cause think back to when you were a new player, especially the open beta players: i remember the hours we wasted trying to figure out how to beat 2-3L back then.... but we still wouldn't stop trying until we got it. also like what Light said about 1-7 mushrooms (just read it lol. was too lazy before)
i think we need more stages that feel impossible to beat, and would help us gain like 2-3 more levels once we figure it out. once we figure it out we could grind it a few times for those 2-3 levels, and after those 2-3 levels, we have to go on to the next difficult stage, where we'd need to grind that for 2-3 levels. it's alot better than grinding 1 best stage for 20 levels...
i think that would mean they'd have to change the exp curve too?

edit: i THINK, i'm not SURE, but maybe these buffs were made to match character rebalances (or in other words: character huge damage buff). i remember a lot of us were saying that after this character rebalance, stages would be too easy, and that they SHOULD increase monsters' hp. so i suppose this goes back to the problem of their glacial character balancing. they woulda been almost done by now if they stuck to their 1-character-a-month plan `-` and i thought the 1-character-a-month was actually a pretty good plan cause it was a good way for keeping us with consistent monthly updates

Last edited by rainbows; 08-31-2010 at 08:24 PM.

08-31-2010   #50 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
In response to the actual thread topic, I was expecting much as I had already gone on kTest and seen the 3d view. Now that it's here, I am disappointed even more given how annoying the view can be at times. Sure you can see more depth, but given that many stages go side-to-side and your height perception is gone, it makes playing as one previously did a challenge.
Indeed.
Trying to myth and stage with the 3D view is a nightmare unless the pathing is appropriate for the camera angle.

It is however cool to see in squares

Quote:
Sick of tired of qqing ppl that couldn't control themselves over some opinions anyways its just the internet, It doesn't really matter, words don't hurt. Only the truth does.

Paragraph 1 is ironic in every way.

Paragraph 2 is a completely irrelevant and broken comparison, but I'll easily counter that statement.

If someone were to punch you several times, you simply get the higher ups (Police) to deal with the situation and quell the flame.

By fighting back, the police would arrest both of you, and you'd be just as at fault as the one who assaulted you, which earns you absolutely nothing good.
You can stand up for yourself in more ways than one, although violence is the most common choice for those who can't handle it, or are too immature to find other ways.

I'm pleased to hear you are not going back, but I expect you to also keep quiet about it here at ggftw as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbows
it's alot better than grinding 1 best stage for 20 levels...
1-3L was well known as a farm stage and was considered simple to do.
Plus everyone wanted the Legendary Slime Sword for it's stats, even if they were in Episode 2 Legend it was well wanted.

Closed mine was the stage killer back in the day, and thank god that stage isn't so simple to get into anymore.
The x-5 and x-10 quests were pretty much on par with killing staging, but it was nice for rebirth players who wanted to get back into myth.

----

I want a patch with Ghost Hunter Forest, but then again with the stats we have, getting thousands of golden coins won't even be a contest, and it will have to kick us out for being too good.
Still want that pig hat though, so I can laugh at buta.

Last edited by Light; 08-31-2010 at 08:29 PM.

08-31-2010   #51 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Quote:
my reaction:

2) no more under-24-hour lvl 90s, so the guild can be active for longer than just the first 2 days of each month!
1) Not me, I'm not rich. =/ so i declare LIEEEEEEESSS

2) Don't get it o_o

3) inb4 Elven V spam

Yeah I dislike the patch, staging mostly. I quit stage farming (actually I never did it in the first place) and I hate stage difficulties, along with the removal of level skipping.

But I like how the NPCs will give nice items that will actually help, so that may change my mind once I do 70ish stages of pure leveling. (9 skipped by carps)

At least people could read the storyline. Though I know most people here will press the good button known as "Esc"

08-31-2010   #52 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

These are my reactions to the most recent patch!

Did you see them?

08-31-2010   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLenne
2) Don't get it o_o
Fusion had a huge problem for the past few months, and ya i was a part of this huge problem. i feel bad for being part of it, but it is what it is!
anyway, we all have a ton of exp bonuses from having a lot of rebirths so it only took us a 1 day grind to get to lvl 90, or a 2 day moderate-mything (note: i didnt have to use the word 'grind'). a lot of us for the july rb even waited til july 31st to rb so we could use a 3day exp book to grind 2x 90 using 1 exp book (we usually had a day left over). after we got to 90 there was nothing left to do, so we never logged on nor wanted to stage, and the lower rb guildies would have nobody to play with. i was 1 week away from starting a recruitment with a requirement of low-rb newer players, but then they announced m5 and look even zero is back

08-31-2010   #54 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

Only thing I don't like about the slow leveling is that if you are rebirthing and you've already done the stages a lot, it becomes tedious to do it over and over again. Although, the "training" stages are actually good for leveling fast once more, or no?

I've probably taken like 2 days leveling my Dainn up after rebirth doing the stages one by one, and while it is refreshing with the enhanced view and actually going through stages once again, I can't see myself enjoying it more than maybe one or two more times, especially since DDB + rbFury taking maybe 1/5 HP off lol.

08-31-2010   #55 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningSeraph
Although, the "training" stages are actually good for leveling fast once more, or no?
Yes, for the most part.
Although get a bunch of rebirthed guild members to tag along with guild exp tickets and cut the time down considerably.

I seem to have hit a bug in Episode 2 training area and hundreds of mobs were spawning all over the place, I killed 1000 monsters by myself in 7 minutes and leveled from 2-2 to 3-1 so I could move to the other training stage.

With guild mates and exp, you can easily kill 1000 mobs in less than 30 minutes and level past an entire episode.

Last edited by Light; 08-31-2010 at 08:58 PM.

08-31-2010   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Zman840 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Zmage840
Class: Mage
Guild: MMoKami

Quote:
my reaction:

more difficulty, more equips, more playtime and more goals

problem is i feel bad for people just starting out, but this game is set up in a way that you feel accomplished after every stage and want to see whats next, which means new players will probably try to continue anyway. cause think back to when you were a new player, especially the open beta players: i remember the hours we wasted trying to figure out how to beat 2-3L back then.... but we still wouldn't stop trying until we got it. also like what Light said about 1-7 mushrooms (just read it lol. was too lazy before)
Well, the way I see it, the first new players in the game would still assume that it may be a grind fest. At the same time, I believe that these same people hadn't played arcade styles since years back (if they even did so). Others may think of it as a purely fun game...that is until approximately episode 5, where a large amount of dodging and attacking at the right time is required.
Overall, as the old days that I remember, I still loved the fact that I lost stages, just to be better at doing it. Whenever I accomplished a stage, I actually enjoyed and rejoiced of my victory (and extensive strategy if it was done).
If I try to see it from a new player's perspective, I believe it will be split 50-50 in terms of difficulty and fun. Besides, even returning players (or those who've been here from the start of ijji's control to before the update) are still as mixed.

In other words, I completely agree with your philosphy on what allm is thinking.

i think we need more stages that feel impossible to beat, and would help us gain like 2-3 more levels once we figure it out. once we figure it out we could grind it a few times for those 2-3 levels, and after those 2-3 levels, we have to go on to the next difficult stage, where we'd need to grind that for 2-3 levels. it's alot better than grinding 1 best stage for 20 levels...
i think that would mean they'd have to change the exp curve too?
I imagine it as a new tab called "Saga", where only level 70s were allowed, and start back at 1-1, with a full story and extreme enemies that are buffed according to your levels and...ok, that's a bit too detailed.
However, this would really piss off people who worked hard (in other words, grinding their......yea, things off) just to get into myth, where their equipments were purely for myth. Still torn between that idea.

edit: i THINK, i'm not SURE, but maybe these buffs were made to match character rebalances (or in other words: character huge damage buff). i remember a lot of us were saying that after this character rebalance, stages would be too easy, and that they SHOULD increase monsters' hp. so i suppose this goes back to the problem of their glacial character balancing. they woulda been almost done by now if they stuck to their 1-character-a-month plan `-` and i thought the 1-character-a-month was actually a pretty good plan cause it was a good way for keeping us with consistent monthly updates
[color=red]I believe so too. However, from what I believe, I think they made bonus a bit too difficult for anyone below 1kstr to solo (though even those over1kstr {about 90% extra damage boost}would still have a hard time.)
I do think, however, that they did try to do this based on the character balances in order for it to balance with the enemies.

Overall, my thoughts for new players is mixed, but if it was on my side (not too competitive, and learn from mistakes instead of raging after a few tries on that stage, then quit), they would have the spirit to go on until episode 5 and 6 H, where their spirits might be broken from its difficulty level, primarily in dodging well.

Besides, what I feel that my focus should be is specifically for new players. I mean, we do want more players in, but without much server lag, right?

08-31-2010   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

Quote:
Yes, for the most part.
Although get a bunch of rebirthed guild members to tag along with guild exp tickets and cut the time down considerably.

I seem to have hit a bug in Episode 2 training area and hundreds of mobs were spawning all over the place, I killed 1000 monsters by myself in 7 minutes and leveled from 2-2 to 3-1 so I could move to the other training stage.

With guild mates and exp, you can easily kill 1000 mobs in less than 30 minutes and level past an entire episode.
Hm, okay. I guess I will do that on my next rebirths on my other 3 or so characters. The Episode 2 training area likes to do that for some reason; I remember it doing that in the past as well.

It was interesting to go through all of the stages again, though. I don't think I actually went through most of episode 6, so that was a bit challenging.

08-31-2010   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
LuniaWorld of WarcraftMapleStoryAlliance of Valiant Arms

Twitch will become famous soon enough
IGN: Twitchstick
Class: Sieg
Guild: RagingLunia

Quote:
Indeed.
1-3L was well known as a farm stage and was considered simple to do.
Plus everyone wanted the Legendary Slime Sword for it's stats, even if they were in Episode 2 Legend it was well wanted.
1-3L to 1-5L farms because of those quests at the cabin. I forget the name of the cabin, and the people with godly vit graded slime sword. O_o

Oh and the 2-1L farms for the snowman chest. 3-6L for the boots.

Fun times actully. xD

08-31-2010   #59 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

If this game is grindy...look at all the other games out there that are F2P or not F2P. This game doesn't even come close to excessive insane grinding compared to the other games. You spend time on an MMO just like any other but not as much in this one. They want you to spend more time in this MMO again.

08-31-2010   #60 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

maybe allm doesn't want new players