Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!
Default What if Lunia closes?

With IJJI starting to pump out these new "Next Gen" games like Huxley and all that crap (I heard they even had a booth at E3)
Do you think that maybe they will kill their old games that built the actual website (GunZ, SF, Lumi, Luni) because the lack of players?

ijji - Where Gamers Unite!

They already killed gunbound so what stops them from killing lunia (Sad to say but, Lunia probably has the shortest amount of active players, second to luminary lol)

Now the fact that ALLM keeps pumping new characters every 1-2 months is an incentive that should guarantee us IJJI hosting at least a bit longer.

The only other positive that I can think of is that if they do decide to retire Lunia, another company could possibly take it over (Hell, maybe combining all the Lunias around the world into one server might be a good idea, have another migration from all the Lunias)

P.S. Can't even play right now I have some stupid -400 error anyone got a solution?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Mind not having that youtube vid as a signature? It's blocking some stuff on the page for me, and it's going outside of your post.

Also, I doubt they'l close Lunia, jsut because they're having 'next gen' games.

Lunia is way different than those new games they're going to host.

As for your error, I don't know how to fix it.

By the way, your youtube vid is even blocking my post.

GG.

08-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!

lol sry

08-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice

Oh also, I don't think Soldier Front gets them as much money as Lunia.
I mean... the only thing worthwhile to get on that would be weapon pickup, quick switch, and that korean lady with huuuge breasts.

Other than that, on Lunia, you have can cash those characters... Uhm, moar inventory, uuuuuuuh and a lot of other useful crap.

08-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

gunbound's cs was broken beyond repair, thats why a lot of people left, and so they basically closed it cause it wasnt making any money :S

08-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

The thing with Gunbound's CS is that it was for nearly all equips. It would take an eternity to get enough in-game gold to buy a decent, permanent avatar. A lot of people would get annoyed by stats that would be nearly unattainable by non-cs users, so they turn them off, or they would leave since they can't compete with them.

With Lunia, you can easily get your on equips in-game, and the CS equips aren't nearly as powerful as the regular ones. Ijji still makes money from selling characters, and the CS users don't overpower non-CS users.

08-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

if lunia closes, it'll probably go to a new host

08-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

Nexon would probably take us in. ;o
But I think ijji makes too much $ from Lunia with selling special (and non-special...dacy+krieg) characters, rebirths, guild shop items, etc... to drop it.
Actually, I would prefer for Nexon to host. At least then it'd get tons of advertising.

08-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
Nexon would probably take us in. ;o
But I think ijji makes too much $ from Lunia with selling special (and non-special...dacy+krieg) characters, rebirths, guild shop items, etc... to drop it.
Actually, I would prefer for Nexon to host. At least then it'd get tons of advertising.
I so agree with moving to Nexon.

We'd be next to SapleMtory too. :3

08-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

Nexon is a bad company, IMO... not that ijji is all that great, either, though...

Last edited by ShiningSeraph; 08-17-2009 at 02:30 PM.

08-17-2009   #11 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of

nexon is a much larger company in retrospect. during the ending days of tft i remember that people hoped that lunia will be under nexon management, but i guess ijji had the upper hand in the contract.

08-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
MabinogiMapleStoryFantasy Earth ZeroLunia

theSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the rough

i somewhat kinda like nexon tho D:

Hi

08-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

By the way, can anyone clarify the rumor abotu Asuka for me? Is she really pay to play now that the free period is over?

Eh...nevermind. Even if Nexon is that greedy, I think I would like the less laggy servers too much to care.

08-17-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gummygumdrop/Aurum211
Class: Lime/Eir lu_lime
Guild: Gantz(Lunia)/Aesir(Mabinogi)

If nexon took over, then i'd be set! All the games I'd play (mabinogi, maplestory, etc) would be using the same cash >:3

Gummygumdrop: Myth Lime 4th RB (on leave for now...)

Mabinogi IGN: Zinc210: total lvl 7xx

08-17-2009   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
The thing with Gunbound's CS is that it was for nearly all equips. It would take an eternity to get enough in-game gold to buy a decent, permanent avatar. A lot of people would get annoyed by stats that would be nearly unattainable by non-cs users, so they turn them off, or they would leave since they can't compete with them.

With Lunia, you can easily get your on equips in-game, and the CS equips aren't nearly as powerful as the regular ones. Ijji still makes money from selling characters, and the CS users don't overpower non-CS users.
I had no idea that gunbound was that broken holy crap LOL

Doesn't Nexon own the KLunia version? I think

08-17-2009   #16 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

nexon runs J and K lunias

08-17-2009   #17 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

I can only think of 4 companies that would take us in if Ijji dropped Lunia, although one of them is VERY unlikely.

Nexon, AeriaGames, GPotato and Ntreev (Lol like hell they would). I'd say Nexon is the most likely, and the rest have no chance in hell of taking us in.

And Lunia makes less money than SF and Gunz.

08-17-2009   #18 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

How does it?
There's really no use in cashing on SF.
I mean.. what are you going to get on it?
A 2nd leut wep at trainee rank when you can just take 2 hours to get to 2nd leut?
Ooooor waste money for a CHANCE to get a weapon that has DIFFERENT looks to one you can buy with in-game money?

08-17-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

AeriaGames taking Lunia would be interesting.

08-17-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
I can only think of 4 companies that would take us in if Ijji dropped Lunia, although one of them is VERY unlikely.

Nexon, AeriaGames, GPotato and Ntreev (Lol like hell they would). I'd say Nexon is the most likely, and the rest have no chance in hell of taking us in.

And Lunia makes less money than SF and Gunz.

I remember GPotato... I think they owned Gunbound before ijji.