Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-17-2009   #21 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

They own Luna Online.

Dammit. So much "*insertpersonhere* has successfully fortified *insertcraphere* to (+*insertnumberbetween13and15inclusivehere*) in TLunia...

My whole chatlog is full of that.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-17-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat

And Lunia makes less money than SF and Gunz.
how do you know that? are there numbers posted somewhere?

08-17-2009   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
I remember GPotato... I think they owned Gunbound before ijji.
O_O forgot where gunbound came from but..

gunbounds been around for like... 5 years? until lunia gets that old i dont think they'll kick it out of the list unless they're making no money like luminary (which had a super small population)

08-17-2009   #24 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

nop, softnyx owned gunbound before they decided to have a NA version of it, now its jus softnyx again

08-17-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar

gunbounds been around for like... 5 years? until lunia gets that old i dont think they'll kick it out of the list unless they're making no money like luminary (which had a super small population)
Sounds about right. I played Gunbound in the 8th grade, and I'm in college now.

Ijji should be making a decent amount of money from Lunia with random boxes, new characters, and ressurrection stones.

08-17-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

windcurse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar

Luminary still makes a lot of money for its population, no matter how much people will complain about how crappy the economy is and how you NEED cash to get ANYWHERE unless you devote a crapload of quality time playing, people still buy keys/mounts/other stuff

08-17-2009   #27 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

You don't need any of the cash shop items to beat the hardest stages in Lunia, and yet people buy BOATLOADS of CS.

08-17-2009   #28 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Dammit. So much "*insertpersonhere* has successfully fortified *insertcraphere* to (+*insertnumberbetween13and15inclusivehere*) in TLunia...

My whole chatlog is full of that.
Might wanna note there were 343243242 bug abusers with like 4000 sets of 20 x regrades.
That where the bulk of their wealth come from xd

Would like to see people stacking set effects more in stage though before lunia close down though. The best example is everyone combining their AEH effects couple with arien's crit buff. The angel daru in coc2 , which is the greatest threat, will be take down in less than 20 seconds ( or is it 10? ). What most people are doing is purely wastage. An (bad) analogy will be using a huge fleet of army to take down opponent's small weak forces yet not arming themselves enough for the greater threat. I believe this is part of basic offensive teamwork :l ( you can press f5 to see the people status and remind those that forgot to aeh next time )

If lunia close, they did pretty well to last so long though. Not ijji, but allm. The lifespan of this game have far exceed many of its counterparts.

08-17-2009   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
MabinogiMapleStoryFantasy Earth ZeroLunia

theSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningSeraph
AeriaGames taking Lunia would be interesting.
oh god no
aeria scares me

Hi

08-17-2009   #30 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeneral
With IJJI starting to pump out these new "Next Gen" games like Huxley and all that crap (I heard they even had a booth at E3)
Do you think that maybe they will kill their old games that built the actual website (GunZ, SF, Lumi, Luni) because the lack of players?

ijji - Where Gamers Unite!

They already killed gunbound so what stops them from killing lunia (Sad to say but, Lunia probably has the shortest amount of active players, second to luminary lol)

Now the fact that ALLM keeps pumping new characters every 1-2 months is an incentive that should guarantee us IJJI hosting at least a bit longer.

The only other positive that I can think of is that if they do decide to retire Lunia, another company could possibly take it over (Hell, maybe combining all the Lunias around the world into one server might be a good idea, have another migration from all the Lunias)

P.S. Can't even play right now I have some stupid -400 error anyone got a solution?

IMO Lunia had about the same amount of players as Gunbound, around 1.5 to 1.6k players activeness. Most likely that lunia would probably shut down and migrate again IF ALLM decides to postpone any new events or; from what i read from the gunbound news, IJJI would probably say, "Nah lets not continue the contract." This is why i partly retired from Lunia because of...
1. Lag
2. DC
3. Glitches
4. The Inactivity in the PVP rooms and complainers about the STYLE of it.

I decided to try Grand Chase since it has a similar relation to Lunia with PVP and all.
So yea :x

*SIDE NOTE*
What will happen to all the $$$$$$ everyone has spent on IJJI For Lunia IF they shut down Lunia? *Notices how everyone even myself have spent aleast 50$+ For this game.
SUE SUE SUE yes?

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

08-17-2009   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRegret
*SIDE NOTE*
What will happen to all the $$$$$$ everyone has spent on IJJI For Lunia IF they shut down Lunia? *Notices how everyone even myself have spent aleast 50$+ For this game.
SUE SUE SUE yes?
That's not an issue. I'm sure ALLM has all our information stored on a $5 flash drive.

08-17-2009   #32 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
That's not an issue. I'm sure ALLM has all our information stored on a $5 flash drive.
*LOL
LOLOLOLOL
That has made my day ok
Question tho. If they lose that flash drive how exactly will they back it up.

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

08-17-2009   #33 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

close new lunia and bring back the open beta lunia.
I don't really care what happens to Lunia anymore and the rest of my crew.
Speaking of crew anyone watching ABDC 4?

08-17-2009   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

It should be similar to what happened between the transfer between TFT and ijji. You lose everything in your cash item inventories, so if you want to save them, you'll have to put the items in your regular inventory. ijji would (or should, at least) post a notification like TFT did, saying that we need to move our cs items into our regular inventories before the actual closing date.

Of course, this is assuming that Lunia will be transferring to a new owner instead of being left to die.

One major difference between Lunia and Gunbound though is the fact that you NEED CS in Gunbound to stand a chance, competitively. The amount of in-game gold needed to purchase a permanent equip with good attack stats is so high in that game that it will take several months or even years to get one good equip. The only way to get a good permanent set is to use cash. In Lunia, you can obtain 501+ str without any cash. In Gunbound, if you don't have any cash, you're only got a week with a good set, or you're left playing naked.
That kind of dependency on the cash shop can kill the population.

08-17-2009   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

lodwyvern is on a distinguished road
IGN: CentVentus
Class: Ralph
Level: 8x
Guild: Oketsu

nexon is the next best, but I love ijji with Lunia, not too big not too small. JUST PRAY, PLEASE PRAY... that Ijji doesn't lose lunia, but can improve the servers and what not. Just don't think about it please. I feel that Lunia is in it's perfect place.

Plus Nexon would en up wrecking the game's economy even more than it is right now by adding every single desirable thing to the cash shop. Nexon made me quit maple T_T. It's pizza slices for me now. Also nexon tends to have a horrible community, although WhatName wasn't being too nice to me the other day.

Back to touhou 12, those are my 2 cents

NEXON=LORD XENU(we are f***ed if this happens)

Last edited by lodwyvern; 08-17-2009 at 10:18 PM.

08-17-2009   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Lunia's not closing. But this topic should.

08-17-2009   #37 (permalink)
(・∀・)
Awards Pervert Award

phantastic has disabled reputation

Stop spreading rumors. Lunia is not closing. They closed Gunz because their contract expired. We don't even know when they'd need to renew their Lunia contract and even if they didn't renew it I doubt it'd be today.

08-17-2009   #38 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -

More accurate title is up `-`

08-17-2009   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy

D: jeez, having a third char transfer would be a pain >.<

08-18-2009   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Jeez, some guys here react like ijji already anounced the closure of Lunia.
Anyway, if there would be a new company for Lunia, then i hope it's a european one. Less lag ftw.