LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-23-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
@Kreig~I restrict myself because I have this crazy thought that Balanced_PvP should be...well...BALANCED. That, and I like fair games. :> Also, restricted games between two Dainns, for example, are MUCH better than spamming BCB/DDB/RB FoL and Orb. It's too easy.

Same with skill starters for Yuki. Just makes it way too easy.
Are you really implying that Eirs shouldn't use Dodge, Holy Spirit, or Moonbind as starters either?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-23-2009   #22 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Precisely. 8D Well, I personally don't mind Bind, as long as it doesn't come with the full sleepbind tactic.

A few Eirs use moonbind then Chain for 3k HP. ._.

Dodge isn't so bad, but it gets annoying to the point where you stall so you can't get combo'd.

Holy spirit is just annoying as a starter, but as long as it's not maxed...I don't mind it.

Protip: Space Reset can be used on those 3 skills :3

07-23-2009   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

There's also Sacred Wave... and remember that we were only recently able to use space skill resets, whereas skill starters have been used since OB. Eir's damage would die down a bit since she could only use one low-decay skill in an air combo, what with no resetting skills and all. If everyone had to abide with the "no skill starters" rule, then Eir would be at more of a disadvantage than she is now. Sieg and Dainn all have multiple decay reset skills in their arsenal, while Eir had none before the space resetting patch. Would cutting Eir's damage down be balanced to you?

07-23-2009   #24 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Because it's fair.
But all is fair in love and war.

07-23-2009   #25 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

Each class has OP'ed skills to balance out the other class's OP'ed skills.

07-23-2009   #26 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant
I ask because I just finished fighting someone who began taunting me because i would start combos with CBD or glacier or fist. I wanna know if I've been playing "Cheap" this entire time. >_>
No. No you haven't. You've been playing fair.

If every character has an overpowered part, then they're all equal and none of them are overpowered. Limiting yourself creates the unfairness.

As has been said, if it works in a tourney, do it. People who whine and ban you from their rooms will never get very far in an actual tourney.

Of course, as has probably become obvious, some people have distorted views of fairness and want a "fairness" that benefits them solely.

Edit: being able to start with melee is a plus, though. knowing when to switch between the two is good as well.

Last edited by buta; 07-23-2009 at 08:42 AM.

07-23-2009   #27 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

^It's unfair to take out the high damage skills and cheap tactics so each side has a better chance at winning?

07-23-2009   #28 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

While I agree that skills like FoL, Magic defense and the super fort are cheap and throw equal play to the side, I don't agree about disallowing skill starters. Taking away Eir's dodge, seriously? Without dodge Eir is bottom tier with about 16 blank spaces between her and the next actual Lunia character. With it, I put her about equal with the rest of the cast.

You can't debunk all things like that-- well I guess you can but I don't like it. Getting around and baiting other people's skills is part of the game and the skill associated with it. If everything boiled down to melee, Krieg would have a dastardly advantage. If a Yuki refused to use a skill before hitting an A first, I could probably beat her with 100% life left.

Balancing is fine, playing fair is encouraged but Yumiko, you go above and beyond in defining what is and isn't fair. If you do AA and you know dodge is coming, stop. Stop doing AA and do something else, either quickly go around the dodge or invincibility your way through. A sieg could do AA FDS, Krieg could do AA Fire crush, the skills will hit and setup for a combo, unless the Eir uses light shield and if she does, she just lost her only defense.

On another note, anyone else think Forest is way more balanced than Arena? No? Just me...? Thought so.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

07-23-2009   #29 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

RunFromTheBall will become famous soon enough
IGN: (Cup)Cake(s)
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Level: 70
Guild: Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh

On another note, anyone else think Forest is way more balanced than Arena? No? Just me...? Thought so.
i do =]
at least you can dodge some aoes in forest

07-23-2009   #30 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^It's unfair to take out the high damage skills and cheap tactics so each side has a better chance at winning?
Every class has high damage skills. Every class has cheap tactics. Every class thus has an equal chance of winning (barring individual skill and innate brain power).

Aside from that, "each side has a better chance at winning" is a contradiction in itself. Only one side will have a higher chance of winning. If one's chance of winning increases, then the other sides' chance of winning decreases by that much.

07-24-2009   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

i stopped trying to melee starter on eir as much as i used to because i kept getting dash A S knockdown'd by seigs/dains (and i dont know how the other characters do it). AAS was often countered by that dash A S
i know it's not impossible, and wouldnt guarantee a loss in the match just cause of the AAS starter, but theirs is just so much easier

07-24-2009   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etna
if theyre allowed to use it, no matter how over-powered it is, its there, its allowed and its fair as far as the games concerned for the moment~ that doesnt mean youre not allowed to think the other way though, this is my opinion~

also, i dislike 1 hit combos and i dislike hiding behind things but if you ask the person who does it usually they wont really care what you think, and theyll use it since its there. some even enjoy your suffering so ive decided to try and live with it~
atm i have trouble with certain kalis.. [hihi lunar >=O] ryans and more.. but isnt it better to ?
hihi!
beware of my skill starting combos lol

@Skiegh no.. forest is not more balanced, try catching someone that's running o that's just so fun!

Last edited by Lunar; 07-24-2009 at 11:52 AM.

07-24-2009   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

NeoMillennium is on a distinguished road
IGN: NeoMillennium
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: Solstice

This is making me go bla x.x. Fairness is irrelevant. Respect isn't. Teleport -> Dragon goes in a straight line, so it's not entirely impossible to predict it. If i lose to tele-dragon in pvp, I'm not going to tell them it's "cheap" so that I don't have to face what I can't beat .-. . I would keep pvping them so that tele-dragon doesn't become a problem. It's so easy to label something as cheap to avoid another day facing your "fear."

07-24-2009   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

windcurse is on a distinguished road

Fact: Eir pwns 8 way moves

07-24-2009   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

You know, I think we all need to take a deep breath and a chill pill.

I've spent a good amount of time myself raging about XX thing being super unfair and how horribly easy and over powered XX class is. I don't think Lunia should be anywhere close to as stressful I was trying to make it to be. Being a stick in the mud about everything really make you despise the game doesn't it? Try to enjoy the darn'd game regardless of whatever crap you may find distasteful and whatnot. Besides, always playing "fair" gets a bit sterile after a couple billion matches dontyathink?

Hope that wasn't off topic ;x.