Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!
Default Screw Kali

Give me Asuka!

I don't get it! Why are all the ijji forum kids going gaga over kali? At first I thought she was cool but, the novelty of being a bard wears off really quick for me -.-

Am I the only one who feels this way???

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

People have their preferences.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

07-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I don't see why people hate her. Is it because your afraid other classes will get pushed aside or something?

Besides a fighting/support class is always a nice addition to a game especially since she's not a Krieg clone.

07-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
I don't see why people hate her. Is it because your afraid other classes will get pushed aside or something?

Besides a fighting/support class is always a nice addition to a game especially since she's not a Krieg clone.
Support class my ass.
<_<

07-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsMapleStoryTrickster Online

ZOMFGiTsRoy will become famous soon enough

She'll be my new Myth character. Who doesn't love unlimited amounts of mana?

07-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeneral

Am I the only one who feels this way???
After getting 0 thrill from playing Dacy, Arien, Krieg, and Yuki, I'm 100% towards whatever you're feeling.

07-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!Jeneral is your worst nightmare!

Quote:

Considering I have bought every class so far and played them thorougly, it definately can't be that. Sorry.

P.S. Her Transform definitely reminds me of a wannabe krieg lolz.

07-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
(・∀・)
Awards Pervert Award

phantastic has disabled reputation

Quote:

I don't hate her, but the people flooding about her on ijji forum are *slightly* getting into my nerves.

07-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I never went to ijji forum, and I glad I didn't. =>
No wonder I still likes her. q_q

07-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

kali is overated. just ignore it. people will quit her after awhile anyway. like all new chars. oh yea theres only 1 support char and thats eir. all others fail at supporting

07-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

windcurse is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry but that nice krieg there helped the run way more than an eir would have.

Kali seems nice but I feel like she's gonna have a couple combo strings that get boring after 5x of seeing.

07-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

bananza is an unknown quantity at this point

>.> How about we leave peoples' preferences alone?
Whether it be purely because of their novelty or something of function?

I still like knight, even though I fail at him still. It's just fun >.>

07-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

lol.. I kinda agree with you and I didn't even get on lunia yet to check her out.
All I did was check out a 1v1 bard pvp on youtube and I got bored of her after 2 minutes... all her skills/comboes look exactly the same, except the skills that look the same do different amounts of damage.... boringed

off-topic:
anyways, what's new in the patch besides kali?

07-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredgen
lol.. I kinda agree with you and I didn't even get on lunia yet to check her out.
All I did was check out a 1v1 bard pvp on youtube and I got bored of her after 2 minutes... all her skills/comboes look exactly the same, except the skills that look the same do different amounts of damage.... boringed

off-topic:
anyways, what's new in the patch besides kali?
No unicorn or myth 3, I'll tell you that.

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

07-09-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreig
kali is overated. just ignore it. people will quit her after awhile anyway. like all new chars. oh yea theres only 1 support char and thats eir. all others fail at supporting
Krieg (with 4th RB skill) is awesome at supporting for pretty much every non-raid stage, now (although any raid stage usually has too many players spread out among a room that's too large for a Krieg to keep up with)

Kali's support abilities don't seem particularly... existant, though. Allegedly from what I hear, the STR buff (the only one which will really make a difference, IMHO) requires her to go through the full attack skill first, and that takes a while, which probably hurts its ability to actually reach other players that are running around to buff their STR in the first place (unless it has huge range). Her ability to recover the party's mana was made inferior shortly before Kali came out (IE, Kali came out after Gigantic Mana potions and Guild Shop potions were released). And her speed buff will likely just... screw with players' minds (since its duration is so short. It'd be like, suddenly out of the blue you're dashing around MUCH faster than before and by the time you realize that, you're dashing at normal speed again. Sounds dizzifying. Well, at least the RB version will make your skills recharge 8% faster for 10 seconds. ...wow, actually now that I think about it, that sucks)

As for her ability to heal... honestly, these days it's mostly just the OHKO attacks you have to worry about (and thus the fake resses that really matter) because Eir and Krieg's RB heals pop you right back to full in an instant anyways. In which case, Kali would be awesome if she could fake-res. But... she can't. Skeleton transformation likewise is more of a handicap than a benefit when MP is meaningless (potions) and Eir/Krieg can heal you to full in an instant. I guess you could try to use it as a ghetto light shield, but that sounds really hard to pull off and thus not worth the skill points (goodness knows that Tia's string of rescue is hard as heck to find opportunities to utilize it)

I could be wrong. But the few comments that pop up from people who've played Kali seem to support my hypothesis.

At least she has a freeze move (that presumably works against bosses). Those are always nice in a party.

Last edited by Fiona; 07-09-2009 at 08:18 AM.

07-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

The same reaction was received when Krieg was released. (In Klunia, not Glunia) Everyone said he was incredibly powerful and not really a support class. Now look at him. It'll balance out.

07-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedScar
The same reaction was received when Krieg was released. (In Klunia, not Glunia) Everyone said he was incredibly powerful and not really a support class. Now look at him. It'll balance out.
Krieg became great at supporting only after his 4th RB skill came out. Without it, his support ability is kinda horrid besides some fake ressing here and there (Sunlight of Krieg actually has decent healing ability when maxed, but the freakishly long cooldown means that even a maxed sunlight can't provide enough support without his RB heal to back it up, IMHO). But for Kali, we already KNOW what her 4th RB skill is. And... it's not a support skill.

I mean, I guess maybe her 5th RB skilll could hypothetically be some super song that buffs everyones' STR, DEX, and Speed by 50% for 1 whole minute while also fake ressing everyone in a 100 mile radius, but that skill would have a level 80 requirement, which combined with the fact that rebirth resets you to level 1 and lots of people rebirth at level 70 or level 80, means that the vast majority of Kalis you see probably won't even have that skill. Hypothetically speaking.

Last edited by Fiona; 07-09-2009 at 08:38 AM.

07-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Snapple is on a distinguished road

shouldnt this be moved to rant section >_>

07-09-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Screw Kali
I'm sure they'd love to.

07-09-2009   #20 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame
I'm sure they'd love to.
But she's actually a demon type person thingy.