MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia General Chat

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

SmashedJane is on a distinguished road
Default So I've just played Lunia for the first time in 6 months.

I stopped playing Lunia for a number of reasons but it was mainly because of college and Lunia was taking up too much of my time. Now that college is over, I have a lot more time and not much to do, so I decided to logon for the first time in over half a year.

Before I left I was one of the highest levels in the server, had the best equipment available and was in one of the best guilds etc. When I logged on for first time yesterday, I was a noob, with laughable equipment and the guild I was in was disbanded. I know nothing. Everything was so different, it didn't feel like Lunia any more. It had taken me months to get to my level and before I would have needed 100 mil exp to get to the next level, now I only need 12 mil.

Is it worth me even coming back?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Well,

If you like PvP "pro" (Definition: Spammers) people that like to go ahead and say that every1 else is a noob or "HAH We won!" stuff, come back. Or, rid of your rust and beat them. >_>

Staging is more different...i believe. With the Myth Mode, you will have various chances of getting in a Myth party, depending on who's in. Myth mode's equipment gives massive strength, but ONLY works for Myth, not any other stage or PvP. So, with strength, people want some DPS uses for Myth mode. You can get a load of exp that way, and if you cannot myth, there are other ways. Looking into the party system, I've found raids to be less popular...(in my checks, not other people)

Lunia has become broken, in this definition, more easy. New classes, damage and skill buffs, although the space key's damage has been nerfed.

You could, find some old friends to help you get used to the Lunia now, and away from the past Lunia. I could even help.

06-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Lol, the game sure has changed since OB, that's all I can tell you.

What I'd recommend is going through the episodes an doing the quests associated with them, and the new raids to. This will help bring ya up to speed.

If you feel like making Lunia a lot more complicated, go ahead and rebirth.

06-22-2009   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

You answered your own question.

It's only worth coming back, if you are willing to keep playing to keep up to date with your character.
If you have to leave again, then in the next batch of updates you will be brought down to the lowest group of players again.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-22-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashedJane
I stopped playing Lunia for a number of reasons but it was mainly because of college and Lunia was taking up too much of my time. Now that college is over, I have a lot more time and not much to do, so I decided to logon for the first time in over half a year.

Before I left I was one of the highest levels in the server, had the best equipment available and was in one of the best guilds etc. When I logged on for first time yesterday, I was a noob, with laughable equipment and the guild I was in was disbanded. I know nothing. Everything was so different, it didn't feel like Lunia any more. It had taken me months to get to my level and before I would have needed 100 mil exp to get to the next level, now I only need 12 mil.

Well if you were somehow hoping your status in the game would be unchanged with a 6 month absence you have quite the bizarre thinking process.

While I admit the game has taken a downward spiral towards easy, even if it didn't you would be horribly behind in levels and equipment. As things stand now, the basic stages aren't even done anymore-- only as obstacles to get to Myth. (leveling from 1-70) Most people either Myth or PvP, not much else to do in Lunia anymore. The raids are laughably easy and the ones that might be hard (Never done them) are Myth raids that are only open on weekends at certain times (How silly).

If you're coming back for PvP, you can still play Lunia just fine but if you are coming back for interesting stages and a nice difficulty curve, you'll need to look elsewhere.

I believe I faced you in PvP before since BustedJane sounds somewhat familiar.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

06-22-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

CharleX is on a distinguished road
IGN: InfiniteSlick
Class: Lime lu_lime
Level: 18

Come back and have fun killing and owning newbies/noobs.

06-22-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

solian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleX
Come back and have fun killing and owning newbies/noobs.
speaking of which, how come most of the siegs i fought know how to sidestep, windmill, combo all pro but they have no commons sense. then again it's kinda fun playing around with them with just AAS. lol...

Just a noob ghost of OB lunia.

06-22-2009   #8 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Unless you can get back into a group or something, dont ever come back. Playing with people you know definitely enhance the gaming experience.

If you wanna reach your 'high' status again like 6months ago, do note :

Somehow , the faces of lunia change. People MAD respect anyone that is highly myth gear even though, in all honesty, the old guards ( players ) are 10 times much more knowledgeable in game mechanism ( I never thought I will come to this conclusion before ). You probably faced some discrimination because of not reaching ___ strg while mything.

06-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
(・∀・)
Awards Pervert Award

phantastic has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
You probably faced some discrimination because of not reaching ___ strg while mything.
I've noticed that as well. Especially lately with people using public rooms instead of party room, most of them in those seem to kick people with less than 1501STR in myth1.
Apparently most people do that because they're not good enough to withstand a long fight against Lunia herself (even though after her buff she's still not that hard).
After all, I've heard of parties that would break the summoning stones if Lunia was to appear first... :/

06-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
Somehow , the faces of lunia change. People MAD respect anyone that is highly myth gear even though, in all honesty, the old guards ( players ) are 10 times much more knowledgeable in game mechanism ( I never thought I will come to this conclusion before ). You probably faced some discrimination because of not reaching ___ strg while mything.
This has become a big thing with public parties, even with no set str requirement, people will kick the player with the lowest str to make room for a friend or someone with more str.

Another reason is that people with very high str make for a quick and easy myth round, so those looking for fast myth rounds may also set a limit.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-22-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gummygumdrop/Aurum211
Class: Lime/Eir lu_lime
Guild: Gantz(Lunia)/Aesir(Mabinogi)

Yeah, higher str = Lunia dies faster = less chances of being dead at end.

Personally, I like going with Lower level/STR parties, because it really makes no lick of difference on my Lime, and gives my Healer a nice challenge, but I'd have to admit, with all the freezing lag spikes and other things that will tend to get you blasted by Lunia make me want her to die as quickly as possible too

If you want to Myth, just make your own parties. Your best bet is still to find a group or guild, like what was said earlier.

Gummygumdrop: Myth Lime 4th RB (on leave for now...)

Mabinogi IGN: Zinc210: total lvl 7xx

06-22-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

nozphex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Nah, is not worth it.

Btw, is anybody playing pangya? (don't know where to post this D=)

-quitted-

06-22-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

CharleX is on a distinguished road
IGN: InfiniteSlick
Class: Lime lu_lime
Level: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozphex
Nah, is not worth it.

Btw, is anybody playing pangya? (don't know where to post this D=)
Why even bother taking a peek at the Lunia forum if you don't think it's worth it.

06-22-2009   #14 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:

Yay Busted! /o/

Haven't seen you in a while. I'd be willing to help you out a bit in Lunia if you want me to. And yes it's worth staying =O

And yea... in Myth lots of people keep asking for 1.5k+ STR.

People still complain about me being just a bit under 1.5k STR, but rb Rage does serve it's purpose (+200 STR lol).

O yea, by the way, Trini's dead `-` if you haven't really noticed already. Too many people were inactive. Only around 100 members and a lot of them are alts (*Cough Lunar Cough*) or inactives.

And if you don't remember who I am, look in my sig :P

06-23-2009   #15 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Busted ohi!!!
WB.. Well all I can say is you need to get over past Lunia and be more accepting to the 'new' Lunia. Like I did. x.x

It's quite fun after you get a hang of it. :I
It's REALLY.. and I mean REALLY rare to see people making raids party now(all I ever see now is Bapho/Upper).. Ever since the EXP event started everyone now is lvl70+ >.>
So its useless to raiding unless you do it for fun/farm stuff/title.. :/

PvP is more to spamming skills now rather than comboing x.x
Thanks to the Tia/Seig/Dacy no reagent-patch.

So it's all up to you ;o
(I can be your friend if you want to o_o)
(no, I'm not a stalker. Not anymore)

06-24-2009   #16 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Kadeshi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kadeshi / Kdxzilla
Class: Knight / Templar lu_krieg
Guild: Wolfpack

srsly, go play something else.

06-24-2009   #17 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Well if you really want to come back and play and try out all the new stuff, do it. But I do have to warn you after you do myth 213874987 times the game pretty much is boring and you stand around in the square all day and go do other stuff irl....

06-24-2009   #18 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Well...for one, like some people said it's hard to catch up and secondly, unless you have the patience of getting myth equips and doing myth (of course this means you have to rebirth), assuming you're a lower level with gillan items (good luck finding parties even). PvP isn't the same either to some extent because of certain character issues...(ie: Yukis with high damage)

It'll be a long process since if you want good normal stage equipment, do bonus episodes 1 and 2. Then you'd have to rebirth at least once...and then level up (which is fast) and then if you want: myth equips and myth itself.

Unfortunately Leisa is right on this one, you either have to accept it (like me kinda, and leisa) or leave the game entirely...it's up to you anyways.

BTW, party list isn't used as often as it used to be except for myth parties, guild recruitments, private parties and B>/S> items. Maybe a few raids too.

I've seen you before in TFT and ijji so yea...welcome back if you're planning to stay? I guess I could help too.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 06-24-2009 at 10:11 AM.