Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck
Default what happened to the forum community

i remember right before we switched to ijji and two of ijji's GM's went to mylunia.net, they said this game had an amazing community

but now...
what is it with all these threads i see lately with people taking the game too seriously?
  • people acting like they're gods of lunia
  • more experienced players talking down to less experienced players
  • cause of "skill"
  • cause they have knowledge of future updates
  • using other players as references to talk down to other players even if they don't know that player
  • unconstructive criticism
  • not accepting constructive criticism and opinions
etc
etc
etc

why so srs?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Because it's the internet. Where egos get overinflated and the most commonly used word is "noob". Because it's easier for people to put down than to encourage. Because people want to feel like they're the best. Because people want to think they're popular.

Where's that one quote that could possibly apply here...?

04-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Marq will become famous soon enough

Ya most of their threads should go under rant. All I see is some people complain about the quality of the game. I mean if you don't like it, just don't play it. I still enjoy lunia so I continue to play but if it gets stale don't drag the game down even further with consistent negative opinions on the game. Some are even mad the game got a bit easier so their achievements will not stand out as much since everyone can do it now. Oh well.

04-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Everyone higher level than you has no life.

Everyone lower level than you is a noob.

The forum community imo is still almost on par to pre-Ijji. It's just that in-game there are people that continually put players down, and once in a while those players will rant about it. This is especially evident in games where players must work together and/or is competitive; both of which apply to Lunia.

04-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

For the people acting like gods of lunia, they should be ashamed of themselves. However, people should ignore that God rather than making it a big deal. It takes two to fight, divorce, etc. You can't blame one thing in general.

More experienced people taking less experienced players down.. skill? I don't really understand that aspect. Unless you're talking about arguing, then I get it, but if you're talking about PvP, then I fail to understand what you're trying to imply.

For PvP: Ijji community either needs to suck it up when they lose, or they need to train, or not pvp at all if its such a big deal.

For Arguing: Just because a person knows the future updates shouldn't mean that he or she can call him or herself a person of higher status. That's arrogant.

Using other people as references... even if they dont know that person...
Here's my advice, get the person who was 'used' as a reference to resolve the situation. If i was used as a reference by some guy, I'd tell him off for not even telling me about it.

Unconstructive criticism... That has to do with the majority of the community. Some people are utterly terrible in trying to word out their thoughts, and the arrogance of some immature people only focusing on the instinct of WIN rather than the instinct of DIGNITY.

As for rejecting criticism, my way of resolving things is, be a leader of a pvp room. If they reject it, then I'm okay with it. If they start rousing a fight and tries to argue in favor of 'winning' and of somewhat an arrogant act, then by all means, just kick the fool and get on with your PvP.

If that has to do with staging, then just work with that person for a few more minutes until the stage is over, or expel him or her if he or she isn't able to cooperate properly.

A community is based on the majority of the population in that game. If the majority of players were good people, then it would be a good community. Many people that played before Ijji had already quit. Regardless of being good or bad, a person getting fed up with a community that can be handled by many people is stupid.

One bad person can't make a community of 200 people bad, unless you want to count aristocratic people who try to entice others to join some stupid army and rule the world, then I suggest you keep that thought somewhere based on some intellectual thread.

There's either no one to blame, or everyone to blame. You can't blame the TFT/OB players, nor can you blame the Ijji community, unless you'd rather blame both, which would be more reasonable. TFT/OB players aren't "Pure", and Ijji community players arent "Dirt disgusting".

In the end... I'd say we all shouldn't make a big deal out of things and try not to be arrogant.
Most in-game conflicts I encounter are actually because of ignorance and arrogance.

Last edited by SkyAngelic; 04-08-2009 at 01:56 PM.

04-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Excalibur will become famous soon enough

yeah, everyone saw the patches and was like: "oh no, now lunia's being dumbed down", thinking that they're smart to balance and fix the game.

though allm is kinda overbuffing everything, but the game is dying in korea
Quote:
  • cause they have knowledge of future updates
omfg, it seems like everyone has a ****ing ktest magical key to the heart account. one time I hopped on my account (!!!) and I saw a character I never made. oops someone told people my acc and password

when the old ob people refer to the "immature" community, it's really typical in a mmo game. I don't get why they're so angry about it, but I remember the lunia community on Mylunia not really being like the ijji forums (mostly the people you see ingame alot on mylunia were usually the posters).

phuq me for editing too much but, at least lunia's kinda unique for a non foreign mmo.

well a game sort of similar to this (arcadey action) dungeon and fighter, is coming to the us.

great sword asura fo' life

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-08-2009 at 07:06 PM.

04-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

lunia is a MMO that requires more skill than mots others, so I consider it as normal if we often insult each other for a skill-related thing lol...just think about it...some other MMOs dont even requier skills XD

04-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

I miss you guys.

04-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
I miss you guys.
Uhh me too? But on-topic: didn't mylunia.net also had it's moments? (and I don't mean good moments..)

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

04-08-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

pookie is on a distinguished road

it has always been this way, hasnt it?

i remember doing bapho raids on KL and if somebody made a mistake that usually led to the entire group failing, theyd have a short discussion on how to correct it and retry, even if it was a random party. then i go to GL to do an adaman raid and somebody makes a mistake that leads to the whole party disbanding at campfire after everybody blames each other (or worse, singles out a single person)

there are also certain times where those situations would be reversed, so its just based on lunia influencing a bunch of brats

and people act elite for giving future updates now?

i remember back then when i did that all people did was talk about how it wasnt true or give me **** for it ( the forum admin that told me he gave me a verbal warning aobut something but he never did, then put some shady comment like "but u decided not to follow it")
BEAST아버지62 eir
pook까꽁57 sieg
YeSoul??/??423str/17.50% critpvp krieg
retired from lunia

04-08-2009   #11 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie
it has always been this way, hasnt it?

i remember doing bapho raids on KL and if somebody made a mistake that usually led to the entire group failing, theyd have a short discussion on how to correct it and retry, even if it was a random party. then i go to GL to do an adaman raid and somebody makes a mistake that leads to the whole party disbanding at campfire after everybody blames each other (or worse, singles out a single person)

there are also certain times where those situations would be reversed, so its just based on lunia influencing a bunch of brats

and people act elite for giving future updates now?

i remember back then when i did that all people did was talk about how it wasnt true or give me **** for it ( the forum admin that told me he gave me a verbal warning aobut something but he never did, then put some shady comment like "but u decided not to follow it")
Well, it's usually this way in most games right? But I'm not sure about lunia being better or worse community, maybe it's just the same ratio of people doing something, but with a higher population though.

04-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

try "discussing" about that person who made a mistake
u'd most likely get yelled at for "telling him how to play"

04-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samal
omfg, it seems like everyone has a ****ing ktest magical key to the heart account. one time I hopped on my account (!!!) and I saw a character I never made. oops someone told people my acc and password
That's probably me. ._.

Quote:
try "discussing" about that person who made a mistake
u'd most likely get yelled at for "telling him how to play"
If that person never played in either TFT or before, then...yeah.
Idk why they don't wanna l2p though...

04-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

you told people my acc and password

die

04-09-2009   #15 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games

Well...the people that don't want to learn to play is well, I see that reaction in every MMO, but it depends if they want to play casually or not. And with the people drifting away from the community even more than before it seems to me that maybe they want to play for fun but everyone has a different definition of fun. I also think people need to accept some failures in game runs as well.

Anyways, the problem is that people think you're trying to boss them around when you tell them such "suggestions", and yes I get that too in real-life with my siblings...

I'm guilty of the future updates one whenever I see something. I must admit it sometimes I act like that with people in some games, and I don't notice it because it doesn't sound like I'm being rude but the way I present it, means something. Perhaps I'm over-excited on that subject...and things get out-of-hand.

Last edited by Allea; 04-09-2009 at 01:14 PM.

04-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:

die
No. I mean those chars might be 1s I created. xD

Sry, I didn't know I was supposed to use my GL-name .-.

04-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper
No. I mean those chars might be 1s I created. xD

Sry, I didn't know I was supposed to use my GL-name .-.
oh nvm then

is the op directing this thread at the old ob players (the ones who mainly post here in the forums)

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-09-2009 at 03:33 PM.

04-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
*Waka Waka Waka*

evileyes has disabled reputation

Quote:

die
lol i thought u were talking about me `-`
Y SO SRS

meh B> old mylunia?

04-09-2009   #19 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Oh, and people around here whine way to ****ing much. BAW IJJI, BAW NO SKILL, BAW MYTH, BAW REBIRTH, BAW PVP, BAW FOREIGN LUNIA, BAW NEW CHARACTER, BAW THIS, BAW THAT.

Seriously.

04-10-2009   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

mangoman will become famous soon enoughmangoman will become famous soon enough
IGN: BumSmash
Class: Dacy
Level: 59
Guild: Mivehind

I'm probably to blame a bit. I baw'd some about FS Eirs and...hoo-ey. That was nasty.

But yeah, as other people have said, it's a skill-based game that requires other people. MMORPGs aren't known for requiring much twitch-based skill, nor are people in general known for being good at anything, or even being decent human beings. ('cause cynics and pessimists and misanthropes are always right ALWAYS) Given all that, you're gonna wind up with a lot of people dying left and right. The 'losing' side continues to piggyback and blame stuff on healers, while the 'winning' side retaliates by being elitist and telling everyone how they can beat Baphomet with their lone pinky. Everyone knows the effectiveness of saying "you suck" when it comes to improving someone. Most here are the elitists, because arrogance and snobbishness is so much more bearable than someone biting the dust against Daru.

So people get frustrated at public parties and get siphoned off by this or that guild. All the good players go in their little cliques and leave everyone else to rot. That's one of the reasons I'm backing off from Lunia; it's simply too complex a game for its intended (or at least, obtained) audience.