Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-03-2008   #21 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

janomis is on a distinguished road

The easiest and most interesting way to lvl is stage and pvp now.

Why have your char yetied from 14-60+? When you are up there, you miss out on the cool quests and items that make the game fun.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-03-2008   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

BlazeUK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BlazeUK

Ive noticed Completing stage quest aint worth dping anymore hardly no exp.

04-03-2008   #23 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by janomis
The easiest and most interesting way to lvl is stage and pvp now.

Why have your char yetied from 14-60+? When you are up there, you miss out on the cool quests and items that make the game fun.
because some people dont wanna go through the annoying levels of late 4x early 5x all over again, regardless of what genocides are there, (aside from the ones that actually give half decent item, like the ep 3 weapon and support, or ep 4 weapon...somewhat...)

but i pretty much do anything thats not sitting in square, no matter what it may be

@ fiona: just ask me from time to time if im setting up a raid, i'll gladly take you with us =/ we actually do raids a lot more often now than in OB (have no idea why xD)

04-03-2008   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Late 40's to early 50's are still horrible. Whoever designed the genocides for those quests seriously didn't consider the effort vs reward enough. The Legend Ep 2 genos in general are VERY poorly designed, and you generally won't complete many of them unless you abuse infinite 2-3 monster farms, and the exp for doing that is crap. Ep 3 geno design is slightly better, but by then the EXP curve is so steep that you won't be high enough level to receive Ep 4 genos after you're finished with all your Ep 3 genos unless you yeti'd a bunch (even intermittent raiding won't give enough exp). And that's assuming you play the stages to completion as opposed to just restarting the stage after getting your orc fighter kills (Rar, I r teh puppet slayer!!!). Most of the Ep 3 genos aren't too hard and are generally worth doing, but once you're done with them, you're sitting at level 54 or 55 with nothing left to do (besides Yeti or Raiding, the latter of which pubby parties are rare now that you've outlevelled ghost village raid. Also, Cobolt Raid success is not... guaranteed, to say the least)

Again, though, from level 30 to level 40, there's pleeeenty to do besides Yeti.

@ ulti: Sure! But I imagine you're already raiding bunches since it's semi-rare for me to even see you in square anymore. /jealous

04-03-2008   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

NightShadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaga
because some people dont wanna go through the annoying levels of late 4x early 5x all over again, regardless of what genocides are there, (aside from the ones that actually give half decent item, like the ep 3 weapon and support, or ep 4 weapon...somewhat...)

but i pretty much do anything thats not sitting in square, no matter what it may be

@ fiona: just ask me from time to time if im setting up a raid, i'll gladly take you with us =/ we actually do raids a lot more often now than in OB (have no idea why xD)
it is because i can't yeti anymore, so raid is the only place i can get "some" exp. 49% more to go =/ which is about 150 raids

04-03-2008   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShadow
it is because i can't yeti anymore, so raid is the only place i can get "some" exp. 49% more to go =/ which is about 150 raids
Whaaaaat? Do you stop getting the yeti quests after lv 61 or something?

04-03-2008   #27 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

i think its just the amount of times you're able to recieve the quest....

since...night started yeti at what...almost 59? and lost it going into 63.

while as fallingleaf (oskyo) started a LOT earlier, and lost it at like...61.

04-03-2008   #28 (permalink)
An old new member...

amidomaru is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkenesse
Class: Sieg
Level: 56
Guild: FELIX

srs?

lol, ive never yetied since official started, so i guess im gonna save my yetiing till im like mid-50's =P

or i wont yeti at all, who knows.

Darknesse-lv 56 Sieg: <--- main =D
EternalxNight - lv 4X Tia <--- [suspended] =P
Darkenesse - lv 18 sieg! <--- sieg from foriel stole main's name >_> -now my pvp n00b-

got to 56... next goal: 60! (not gonna happen)

~Proud Member of FELIX~
Gratz to FELIX for reaching guild lv. 10!

04-03-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
The nice thing about Ghost Raid is that the keys are obscenely easy to get, the raid is so easy that you can just join any public party and have a really high chance of success, AND there are public parties in the first place (likely due to the fact that the keys are obscenely easy to get and the raid is so easy that even public parties filled with inexperienced people often win it)

I know that some people think Ghost Raid being so easy is a bad thing and that Kanhel or Cobolt is "where it's at", but both of those are so anti-pubby that I almost NEVER see parties for them. Heck, these days, more and more EXPERIENCED people are swearing off of Cobolt Raid and just resorting to Yeti now. It's depressing and @#$#ing annoying because it feels like I've been stuck at level 55 for ever now that those Ep 3 genos have run out and finding a party to go do Kanhel or Cobolt Raid is a crapshoot (and even when I DO find a party and it's with experienced people, victory is either not guaranteed or has a chance to be a loooong time before victory with me left by myself to try to solo the boss, typically resulting in even more people swearing off raiding and just resorting to Yeti, too -_-).

...but from level 30 to level 40 where there are tons of public parties for every stage and you have TWO episodes for your level range to kill time in AND a raid that often has public parties (Yeti Cave) and another one with public parties once you hit 43 (Ghost Village Raid)? Those will be the happiest times of your non-yeti life. Savor them, dammit!
This pretty much sums up my feelings.

Well, I've found quite a few Kanhel parties, but I give up on Kanhel, for the keys are just too annoying to farm. Even when you do kill the Soul Ruler, it might just drop a potion instead. Not to mention the EXP isn't that great, and besides the one nice necklace that I got, the boxes NEVER drop anything good.

I think I'll switch to my currently level 23 Sieg until better sources of EXP come out. Hopefully, new sources of EXP will be implimented before he gets stuck at level 54 as well.

04-03-2008   #30 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

well giving up isnt gonna get you exp now is it?

do odd stages, farm equipment you need...

red fog valley has a harpy quest that gives you bleh exp, but you can also farm some of the best accessories in the game for dmg, and get max hp pots in the process...

or...farm equipment in different stages...

quitting wont help...just keep going...

04-03-2008   #31 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
The nice thing about Ghost Raid is that the keys are obscenely easy to get...
@ Fiona, or anyone else that can answer, what stage would you recommend in order to gather the curious snow pieces efficiently? Any alternatives? I'm planning on mass-farming Ghost Keys before i get to the max level to open the sealed box (same thing I did with Yeti Cave Keys). I've only done Ghost Raid thrice, and I've no idea how I got those keys in the first place because it was so long ago, lol.

edit: @ Ulti, kthanks, that helped a lot.

04-03-2008   #32 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

in order of best to worst:

2-2
2-1
2-3

04-03-2008   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Red Fog Valley is horrid for exp, sadly. I mean, really REALLY horrid. I get like, .1% a run there at level 55 (that's like, less than a single Luther quest for any Ep 3 Legend stage). I don't even know how much the stage quest for Red Fog gives because despite three runs, I still don't have enough harpy kills to complete it (apparently the game designers forgot that there are less normal harpies in Legend Red Fog than there are in History Red Fog. And Oasis doesn't even HAVE a stage quest!)

If you're going to be running stages for exp, I guess I'd recommend 3-7 to 3-10 loops (3-10... well, even when you fail, the stage quest gives decent exp at least if you managed to kill 2 cavaliers to complete it). That's what I do to kill time. However, it's still obscenely slow.