Upper = They are just as good as we 21 25.30%
Down = They really need to listen betters and learn 62 74.70%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-01-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dewedi is on a distinguished road
Default Too many beginners?

I see many beginners coming who are in ( 0-40) and they have come from ONLY MAPLESTORY and they think lvl means everything.. So

One day I did pvp with lvl 4x sieg ( i were lv19) and i won him so he starts screaming and saying im hacker.( I heard lunia is hard to hack o_O ) And when i was on 0 life he said i hack because he didnt knock me down. ALSO he said i hack when i did do eirs a-a-s-a-a-a-a-a-dashAS-Dodge because he was on the air oO

So is lunia going UP or DOWN

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-01-2008   #2 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Jeko is on a distinguished road

In almost 95% of the Mmoprg World the level of the character is the strenth of the character.

You can't blame people.. they look at Lunia as another one of those mmorpg where if you have a level 80 you automatically stat win versus a lower level enemy.

Fortunatly lunia is one of those games where personal skill and level skills come together.. i call games like lunia "active" games.
I'm here because of that, i looked for a mmorpg "different" from the "nerd level boring" ones.

I just hope that lunia won't have to face the 2 big problems of "active games" that are:

1) The classical noob who can't win even a lvl 10 with a level 60 will probably leave the game.
Seeing that you can't cover your personal noobishness WITH nerding level for days and nights you'll probably leave, too.
People like easy, boring and repetitive game FULL of other people like them, to show off and lunia is different.
So i think that the number of players will never raise at high level.

2) The gradually rotting of the commuinity/mentality.
To win or to lose in an "Active" game is usually taken as a personal win/lose more than a virtual one because is YOUR personal skill on the line with that of the other player you are facing.
That's because, if you lose in a normal mmorpg, you can say: "i lost because he was 3 levels above me".
The game is just click, wait and spamm skills, so the power of skills is ALL and you need no particular training or personal skill to hone.
If you lose in lunia because you suck, you can't say that's because of your level; because if you can't even connect pillar + rain is only your fault/ lack of training.
In games where your personal skill is costantly shown off people tend to get nervy, to insult easily (in pvp above all) or, on the pro contrary, to get cocky and make fun of others because they are better at playing.
It's difficult to mantain a peaceful environment with a nice "good game" at the end of the pvp.
And this situation, dragged for quite long time, ruin the game and thin out the community even more.

04-01-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dewedi is on a distinguished road

Yeah your right ^_^" They need to learn to combo because almost none mmorpg's DO NOT have any combo system like this! Thats why i love lunia =P

04-01-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Yeah, a lot of the new players are pretty ignorant when it comes to learning. Several of them have actually confronted me in both PvP and PF saying that "Your long combo is pointless, it doesn't do any damage. It's way more effective to just use skills." The point was valid enough, outside of PvE, spamming skills would be more effective damage wise but the odds of ever hitting the other player with all of them is not a high enough percent.

I'm always somewhat happy when the person I'm comboing in pvp starts talking about how useless my combo is and that it doesn't hurt at all. Even after explaining the purpose of a long combo to these 'people' they still remain unaware of it's purpose. Long combos for a Sieg in particular is for small damage, mental damage, regen and cooldown.

I don't want to go saying all newbies are bad since we were all one once but I do want to stress the point that they have no desire to learn. It's one thing to learn slowly, it's another to say something is useless because you can't do it yet yourself.

To put things bluntly: Ignorance in Lunia isn't bliss.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

04-01-2008   #5 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

I see them as the same as us

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

04-01-2008   #6 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

see, the beginners i dont mind as much, since they arent knowledgeable about the game and still can learn a lot of things.

theyre different than the idiots that THINK they know things about the game and act like money and level mean everything here, disregarding personal skill, which eventually makes them not wanted in this very closely knit community.

or what i like to call, useless aminals

04-01-2008   #7 (permalink)
An old new member...

amidomaru is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkenesse
Class: Sieg
Level: 56
Guild: FELIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaga
see, the beginners i dont mind as much, since they arent knowledgeable about the game and still can learn a lot of things.

theyre different than the idiots that THINK they know things about the game and act like money and level mean everything here, disregarding personal skill, which eventually makes them not wanted in this very closely knit community.

or what i like to call, useless aminals
QFT.

also, if i see one of these kinds of "ignorant" people who don't know that there is more to lunia than stats and equips and level, i would try to explain to them first. If they're really stubborn and being asses, i just ignore them, instead of trying to argue with someone who believes that he is right.

Darknesse-lv 56 Sieg: <--- main =D
EternalxNight - lv 4X Tia <--- [suspended] =P
Darkenesse - lv 18 sieg! <--- sieg from foriel stole main's name >_> -now my pvp n00b-

got to 56... next goal: 60! (not gonna happen)

~Proud Member of FELIX~
Gratz to FELIX for reaching guild lv. 10!

04-01-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Foxed is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Foxed
Class: Dainn
Level: 61
Guild: Titans

I enjoy having lower leveled skilled players beat the crap out of me in PvP since then I know that I need to get better if I ever plan to do well.

And it really isn't their fault for being beginners, we all didn't know how to use combos and most games have that higher level equals more power thing in mind.

04-01-2008   #9 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I only hate the beginners who are there to trash talk others, and are not willing to learn to do well.

I love Beginners who are easy to get along with, and willing to learn how to do things even if it takes forever. But this is More Rare now a days :/

Ah I got it.. They are lower

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

04-01-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Lunia

Kuroowns is on a distinguished road
IGN: JudeMathis
Class: Tude
Level: 3x

I'm sure by now everyone knows KratosIrving isn't KuratosuAurion (KratosAurion new name) but me. I usually get on and pvp for some fun and this one nib keeps saying " KICK HIS ASS." "CHEATER" "GANGER" OMG STFU, YOU ONLY WON CUZ U CHEAT". One reason might have been that i was 8 levels below him. (lvl 24vs 32) and he says your 8 levels lower than me and you beat me. You're cheating. ( what the fuck are you talking about my little Maple-addicted friend )

I am sick and tired of these dumbass bastards ruining Lunia. I prefer pvping people who can actually combo and play like pros. I actually wanna pvp kratos right now <_<

04-01-2008   #11 (permalink)
Failgot

Ignore them and call them retards. Most people who play MS are illiterate idiots who call others hackers or noobs just because they suck and can't do anything with their life.

04-01-2008   #12 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failgot
Ignore them and call them retards. Most people who play MS are illiterate idiots who call others hackers or noobs just because they suck and can't do anything with their life.
QFT, and If they kick your ass they call you noob all the time for the next 2 Years.

04-01-2008   #13 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
sorry for being an illiterate idiot =/

04-01-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

ForeverZero is on a distinguished road

well if you begin the game knowing how to play lucky you. Lunia is different from the mmo outside so it take quite a like 2 week - a month to get in to it.

04-01-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can't play MS because I'm illiterate and thus can't read what I'm supposed to do to register for the game in the first place :|

04-01-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Elite will become famous soon enoughElite will become famous soon enough

i think it's been like that for awhile now.. if i was still a newb, i would've been astonished o.o. but i wouldn't accuse you of anything of some sort.. to be honest, when i first started playing online games.. i had no online etiquette, i only apologized when i recognized what i did wrong.. that was when i was little. since the world has changed a lot, many younger people are starting to do what older people are doing..

oh well, whenever somebody does that to me, i just become a silent stalker.

04-01-2008   #17 (permalink)
The REAL Ayumi from MyLunia
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Borkborkbork has disabled reputation

Quote:
Please keep that ridiculous attitude out of here.

Seriously, you guys need to step down from your pedestal and use your head for a second. Obviously new players aren't going to be good, regardless of where they come from. Its not only Maple Story players that are coming, and even if it was, Maple isn't full of morons/idiots.

Really, for the most part, only people who aren't experienced in MS buy into the stereotype that MS is full of hackers/morons. The hacker part is especially amusing. Just like the stereotype held by many that skill based games, like Gunz, or Lunia, are for nerds.

04-01-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

freeloader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
Maple isn't full of morons/idiots.
Sorry, but I disagree with this so hard. It's one of the reasons I quit that horrid game.
Sure, there are some oases in the desert, but damn, that's a lot of desert.

04-01-2008   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

hesho89 is on a distinguished road

i'm a beginner

i've been playing for about 3 weeks now. My tia is lvl 47 now. I admit, i had no idea what the hell a combo till... i entered a 3-10 party to kill daru. After we did 4-1 and then i saw a sieg and a tia doing combos. I was like.. WTF is that?!!! That's when i first learned about combos. I spent a good 3 hours just learning a basic combo and FAILING though. Hell, i only just learned a basic 7hit air combo now.. which i can't do against a wall but i still have fun doing it. of course... i didn't know know how to look for a party till ep 3 either :/

Oh yeah, i should note, i don't do PVP so that might be why i've ever seen a combo before. I'm really grateful to DJ that at least taught me teh 7hit air combo. I don't feel like a total noob at least but i'm still totally a beginner who just happens to have a somewhat high lvl tia.

i do need to rant though, how the hell do ppl get so much gold? i mean, the game is absolutely not noob friendly i find. trying to use a mage... i was naked most of ep 1 because i just couldn't afford anything that ppl sell and all ppl sell now is lvl 40+ stuff

04-01-2008   #20 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

^ You can try doing PvP in a map called "Snowfight 2"

Just make sure to fallow the rules.
Collect many stars then go to Square at the snowman and get boxes.
With luck you can get Dimlys, or Shining Jewels ^^
(You also gain experience for Normal Level and PvP level)