View Poll Results: Lunia is going upper or lower on newcommers
Upper = They are just as good as we 21 25.30%
Down = They really need to listen betters and learn 62 74.70%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-01-2008   #21 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

OneHell2Heaven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OneHell2Heaven Send a message via MSN to OneHell2Heaven

Oh about that, you wanta know how many noobs will throw snow when everyone is telling them not to?

"We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-01-2008   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Pointro is on a distinguished road
IGN: Atonement
Class: Thief (Tia) to_thiefmaster

Again, I repeat: No more 'betaism' please.

There are and will ALWAYS be players like this. It wasn't so noticeable in OB because most people were high lvl, and had a decent knowledge of the game. Not every person playing this game is gonna be nice...And our community is still considerably better than other games.

You guys calling them retards is almost hypocritical...Most MMO's make it that lvl=strength/skill [which still appiles to Lunia, but not nearly as much.], so you do you think new players are gonna be like? If they really are as stupid/annoying as you state they are, then why bother wasting energy on this? Seriously: Just.Get.Over.It... >_> There aren't too many beginners, there are too many elitists. And so what if they played MS? They finally quit that 'horrible' game and decided to try a better one, and this is the reaction? Really-Is playing Lunia any more pointless than playing MS?

"It is what it is, because of what it was..."

04-01-2008   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHell2Heaven
Oh about that, you wanta know how many noobs will throw snow when everyone is telling them not to?
my friend was doing that... he was like.. "y is everyone yelling at me?" lol snowman=snow!! he most likely used quick join so he didn't get to read the title

04-01-2008   #24 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

this_barb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeko
In almost 95% of the Mmoprg World the level of the character is the strenth of the character.

You can't blame people.. they look at Lunia as another one of those mmorpg where if you have a level 80 you automatically stat win versus a lower level enemy.

Fortunatly lunia is one of those games where personal skill and level skills come together.. i call games like lunia "active" games.
I'm here because of that, i looked for a mmorpg "different" from the "nerd level boring" ones.

I just hope that lunia won't have to face the 2 big problems of "active games" that are:

1) The classical noob who can't win even a lvl 10 with a level 60 will probably leave the game.
Seeing that you can't cover your personal noobishness WITH nerding level for days and nights you'll probably leave, too.
People like easy, boring and repetitive game FULL of other people like them, to show off and lunia is different.
So i think that the number of players will never raise at high level.
Why not? Guild Wars did it. It is what I believe to be the epitomy of CMORPGs.

04-01-2008   #25 (permalink)
User Name

It's just a game. People from a wide variety of ages play, so it's only natural some are less mature than others... Not really your place to slap a label on every single newcomer that you dislike.

04-01-2008   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

tommy00X has a spectacular aura abouttommy00X has a spectacular aura about
IGN: tommy00X
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Solstice

new players are good for the game....more people the better

04-01-2008   #27 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name
It's just a game. People from a wide variety of ages play, so it's only natural some are less mature than others... Not really your place to slap a label on every single newcomer that you dislike.
i do it all the time =) its fun, try it!

all newcomers wanting to understand the game, welcome!

all newcomers that arent, start or leave =D

04-01-2008   #28 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Blorgh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
Please keep that ridiculous attitude out of here.

Seriously, you guys need to step down from your pedestal and use your head for a second. Obviously new players aren't going to be good, regardless of where they come from. Its not only Maple Story players that are coming, and even if it was, Maple isn't full of morons/idiots.

Really, for the most part, only people who aren't experienced in MS buy into the stereotype that MS is full of hackers/morons. The hacker part is especially amusing. Just like the stereotype held by many that skill based games, like Gunz, or Lunia, are for nerds.
Quoted for... WIN!

Stop the stereotyping, people. Yes, Maple is full of idiots. But that still doesn't mean ALL Maple players are idiots, and ALL Lunia newbies are the Maple-idiots
(or any kind of idiots, for that matter). This kind of overbiased and one-sided elitist hypocrisy is just too much.

You ALL were once NEWBIES, you ALL once SUCKED AT THIS GAME, you ALL were once just as CLUELESS, and you ALL were once MESHED A BUTTON ALL DAY.
Ah, how could this be? My comrades fall, one by one. This beautiful yet sad scene is a garden of roses, blown away by the brisk outdoor wind--
W-Wait, I'm the only one left! What do I do now!?

04-01-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorgh
You ALL were once NEWBIES, you ALL once SUCKED AT THIS GAME, you ALL were once just as CLUELESS, and you ALL were once MESHED A BUTTON ALL DAY.
Yep. We ALL insult the people who try to teach us and then completely ignore them and call them hackers behind their back.

04-01-2008   #30 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
Yep. We ALL insult the people who try to teach us and then completely ignore them and call them hackers behind their back.
Your statement would be true...

...if ALL newbies were like that.

But there are newbies who don't. And this irritating elitism sadly binds those newbies with the kinds of newbies you described.

Besides, you have completely missed my point.

What's the difference between an ignorant, potty-mouthed noob...

...and an ignorant, potty-mouthed elitist?

I only see a fool shouting at a mirror.
Ah, how could this be? My comrades fall, one by one. This beautiful yet sad scene is a garden of roses, blown away by the brisk outdoor wind--

04-01-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

You don't seem to understand how the skilled community look at the unskilled, even though it's been rather clearly put here.

No, we don't automatically label people unless they screw up royally first. None of us would mind teaching someone who is interested in getting better, however, if that someone just curses you off while you're trying to help, would you want to continue helping?

04-01-2008   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

EternaLumination is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't say that it's a matter whether Lunia is on an upward or downward slope based on naive newcomers. IMO, Lunia's already as low as it can get; it seems most of Lunia's community consists of veteren OB players. There's only room to grow and not very much to lose right now. Newbies that join and think the game blows because they can't combo do not really affect anything when they quit. However, those who spend time to improve themselves add to the community.

I hope I stayed on topic o.O

04-01-2008   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

kubo is on a distinguished road
Guild: Finale

Personally I could care less about the whole pro/noob debate.
As long as I have fun playing, I could care less whether a party member spam skills to kill things, or do fancy combos to achieve the same ends with more flare and efficiency.

However... I do hate ignorant people who continue to do stupid things after being repeatedly told not to, and hence putting the whole party in jeopardy.

04-01-2008   #34 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
You don't seem to understand how the skilled community look at the unskilled, even though it's been rather clearly put here.

No, we don't automatically label people unless they screw up royally first. None of us would mind teaching someone who is interested in getting better, however, if that someone just curses you off while you're trying to help, would you want to continue helping?
LOL.

I suppose I should've been more clear on who I was addressing to with my statement.

I wasn't directing my insults at people like you, who are GOOD elitist.

I was addressing those who use their OB status as some kind of free ticket to downplay anyone who they wish to.

And clearly, there are many people like that. Some are even here.

And no matter what the circumstances, downright stereotyping is flat out wrong. You can't deny that.

04-01-2008   #35 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I just think that some people are just too stubborn to think outside the box. And that goes for both sides of the deal, I suppose. No one's going to get anywhere if everyone's a stubborn turd that insists they're right (ie. debates >_>)

04-02-2008   #36 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

007 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 007
IGN: lilDacy, lilAphrodite, Siegalicious, Lime007
Class: Healer, Combat, Puppeteer lt_templar
Level: 56Eir,62Dacy,47Sieg,21Lime
Guild: Glunia:Felix - Tlunia: ForielUnion

meh if they decide not to listen and just think they are better off then listening to a more experienced player ... well they dug there own grave now don't they

04-02-2008   #37 (permalink)
hmm...
Awards MoM Award

bananza is an unknown quantity at this point

I met some beginners that make great progression. I can't speak for all new comers in either aspect... some are great some are horrible are progression. Some are even stagnant in progressing... some of them deliberately and ignorantly.

04-02-2008   #38 (permalink)
The REAL Ayumi from MyLunia
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Ayumi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloader
Sorry, but I disagree with this so hard. It's one of the reasons I quit that horrid game.
Sure, there are some oases in the desert, but damn, that's a lot of desert.
There are idiots in every MMO. In fact, you'll find that the majority of a ton of online games are made up of idiots. Maple isn't even the biggest. However, people just like to make fun of it.

Every game has idiots, and in every game, you find the special people that make logging in worth it. The special people that make you forget about the idiots.

If you don't, you usually end up quitting because of those idiots, or because grinding constantly bores you, etc. No online game is exceptional to this rule. It may come in different forms, but nonetheless, it comes.

04-02-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Lavi is on a distinguished road

Umm, not all newbs cares about leveling up. Look, at me, I trained to learned combos and when I level. Well, I level. I don't care to be 5x something really fast. I care more for being able to play good. So, please don't assume every newb is a ignorant person. Some, are actual very respectful and nice.
PS. I also had my time of being call a haxer cause i frontal the whole stage. LOL

04-02-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

-veljo- is on a distinguished road

aaww i hate beginners in PvP.canīt they understand english or whatīs the problem.
1-when i make room with title 4vs4 lv30+ only.dunno why but many low lvs are joining with room.
2-when i say 1vs1 in pvp(when all my party members are dead) they
keep ganging me even if i say 10 times STOP