Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-29-2011   #101 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

cit and zero (mostly zero as usual), there is just too much factually wrong with what you have said because your points are outdated... and again it's because you guys haven't logged on. zero you are just using your usual talk-and-insult-until-it-sounds-like-it-makes-sense-to-you tactic

let me give you an example of the current most difficult stage:
Spoiler!

you guys seem to only be talking in reference to players with stats in the top 20~50. the rest of us are still getting by just fine. by "keeping up," you all seem to be referring to keeping up with those top players. that's a great way to think in life but remember this is a game and you'll just cry from game to game if you keep this up

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-29-2011   #102 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Guys, please keep the swearing to a minimum. Don't turn this into a flame war.

Non-mod speak: IMO... most people will feel like they can't catch up mostly because of rebirths. People that just start off will see someone with 15 rebirths in a random square and go "omg i'll never get to that screw this i'm out".

There isn't much to do since AllM pretty much nuked Lunia's storyline and made it look like Eir died, Sieg cries then they go waltzing through wonderland hand in hand trying to recreate her soul to bring her back.

The storyline in the game used to be interesting but they trashed it with Myth, then they nuked the game over by adding rebirths every month.

Adding rebirths was what screwed them over the most. It pretty much lets a person max out every single skill in their skill tree and gives them god-tier hp/mp and stats.

A person with 0 rbs compared to a person with 15 rbs both at level 80 is down AT LEAST 1k stats in total. The fact that rebirths makes leveling so much easier makes new players discouraged since they go myth with a vet and that vet goes 70->85 in the time they go 70->71.

Last edited by Gladiat; 10-29-2011 at 06:46 PM.

10-29-2011   #103 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbows
cit and zero (mostly zero as usual), there is just too much factually wrong with what you have said because your points are outdated... and again it's because you guys haven't logged on. zero you are just using your usual talk-and-insult-until-it-sounds-like-it-makes-sense-to-you tactic

let me give you an example of the current most difficult stage:
Spoiler!

you guys seem to only be talking in reference to players with stats in the top 20~50. the rest of us are still getting by just fine. by "keeping up," you all seem to be referring to keeping up with those top players. that's a great way to think in life but remember this is a game and you'll just cry from game to game if you keep this up
Again so into yourself. Keep talking rob and make yourself look more like an idiot.

I don't think you'll ever understand how you contradicted yourself in the passed posts and i pointed it out so many times.

Every game has its flaws, but Lunia shows the more negative side of any free MMO. And in every game we have players like you who obviously don't value integrity.

Saying its derogatory to label a game is dead, but its not derogatory when you say trolls or people who have their negative opinions about a game isnt derogatory cause they say the game is dead? Truly display of a troll himself. So Mighty Rob's opinion> everyone elses cool!

Also, who said anything about crying? This is a heated argument between me and you and how you just labeled people who quit trolls and or etc because you make it highly of yourself to say they didn't get to the point of the game because they don't have the same goals as you do.

Im honestly done after this post because its amazing how you're so self centered. I've pointed time and time again that you honestly are so into yourself. I don't need an explanation about future content and how skillful you have to be to finish. Nor did I even ask for it. Why? Because Lunia proves time and time again that it takes nothing more than grinding your face across the keyboard.

"Time for a true display of skill"... NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

Last edited by imported_Citrine; 10-29-2011 at 10:22 PM.

10-29-2011   #104 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiskyo
^
I'm a troll derp
Obviously your summary everytime you make a post on here.

Also, I don't have to prove any of my arguments because my proof is most of the vets quitting this game and people who played in OB. Even as much as I don't like Leca, Leca quit for a reason too.

@Glad: You also forget that Rebirthing makes you level faster and gains you extra SP.

15RB is at least 15months at most 30months.

@rob: Sorry what? I don't need to compete in a game unlike you do. I do compete IRL to be better than anyone else at work.
Also, good point rob my points were indeed outdated because the game died and was trashed before I quit.
Btw, the first time I flamed you was ingame in guild chat and this time it's on ggftw on the forums. Go figure!

Last edited by ZeroKunoichi; 10-29-2011 at 10:36 PM.

10-30-2011   #105 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Adamant will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Adamant Send a message via MSN to Adamant
IGN: AdamantZ
Class: Knight
Level: 75
Guild: DashAttack

The only reason this argument started is because both sides have a different definition of "dead".

The game isn't dead in terms of population. 300 people can keep a game alive if they throw enough money at their characters.

What IS dead, however, is the level of fun that this game used to have. Some people evidently still find fun in running the same myth stage for months on end, blowing up unflinchable mobs (unless you have a high enough secondary stat) in 2 skills simply because they're able to do 1 million damage, which isn't an exaggerated number.

Others, like myself, who quit (for the most part) Lunia quit because every other update was the game being watered down to the point where you could train a monkey to do stages, and then take the gear they obtained in the stage, go to pvp and abuse the hell out of the mechanics that ALLM took too long to fix.

What attracted so many people to Lunia was that its gameplay was majority-skill, with just enough gear to make sure you did more than 1 dmg and didn't get 1-shot. Now, no matter how skilled you are, if you don't have the proper amount of STR and your secondary stat, you're useless to whatever group you're in. And while PvP is in a better place than it used to be, the fixes came too late.

Skill has taken a backseat to gear, and there are games that pull this off much better than Lunia ever will. I'd much rather play those games than this.

Last edited by Adamant; 10-30-2011 at 06:46 AM.

10-30-2011   #106 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKunoichi
Obviously your summary everytime you make a post on here.

Also, I don't have to prove any of my arguments because my proof is most of the vets quitting this game and people who played in OB. Even as much as I don't like Leca, Leca quit for a reason too.

@Glad: You also forget that Rebirthing makes you level faster and gains you extra SP.

15RB is at least 15months at most 30months.

@rob: Sorry what? I don't need to compete in a game unlike you do. I do compete IRL to be better than anyone else at work.
Also, good point rob my points were indeed outdated because the game died and was trashed before I quit.
Btw, the first time I flamed you was ingame in guild chat and this time it's on ggftw on the forums. Go figure!

Haha, that's actually an interesting thing to say. Someone who quit Lunia ages ago logs on a Lunia forum to tell everyone, that it's dead and to call another forumer, who has a different opinion than you a troll and whatever you used in your asterik forest. Unlike you I didn't go down to the level of yours, which is seemingly known for insults.

I like how you changed your signature, too. Do you still have to convince yourself about your own conclusion?

Also your obsession with rebirths is funny as well. It's such a good replacement for the factor fun isn't it? You don't have to think out a skill tree anymore. You have +500 stats right after your rebirth. Leveling past 70 is easier than ever and you look awesome with your wings. Everybody likes you and totally wants to myth with you, because you are such an awesome and skilled player.

Yes, this game is totally about rebirth count and stats only nowadays.

10-30-2011   #107 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

i'm just speaking from experience cit; the experience that you and zero don't have, which is why your arguments are repeatedly unfounded. we don't need the best equips every penny can get to beat the most difficult stage in the game, and i used myself as an example of "the low stat player." they even threw the equips in our faces and increased the number of anti-breakage catalyst per quest for us to be able to move onto the newest harder stage (obviously you wouldn't know any of that because you haven't logged on)

it's okay for someone to have an opinion that lunia is dead (as wrong as the statement is), but when that person goes into a community of lunia players prancing around saying it's dead, then yes that is trolling. you want to try and go into any community and tell them whatever activity they share is dead? it's rude; it's derogatory; it's trolling. i'm not saying everyone doesn't have the freedom to say whatever they want - the question then is whether or not it's trolling. and yes, that example i just mentioned is an example of trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Citrine
Also, who said anything about crying? This is a heated argument between me and you and how you just labeled people who quit trolls and or etc because you make it highly of yourself to say they didn't get to the point of the game because they don't have the same goals as you do.
again i did not label people who quit as trolls. i labeled people who quit AND go around saying the game is dead as trolls. you started going on a rant because you assumed i said ALL people who quit are trolls, and now you are sticking to your misinterpretation instead of admitting you simply read it wrong

im glad you'll be done because you have been done for oh so long and i have no idea what you are doing back here. i am not saying you're not entitled to speak your mind - but your sudden appearance, which is pretty much always followed by your feral creature of a friend cursing at everyone, is a bit confusing to me

zero,
old players leaving the game does not make a game dead. can you count how many people quit? because if you actually logged on (here we go again with the 'people who haven't logged on don't know sh'), and clicked the ranking button you will notice over 500 IGNS that you've never seen before, all with high stats. people are constantly popping up! and those high stats require some maintenance = active players.
the top 1-30 most likely used CS to get to where they are (not that it's REQUIRED, and not that they need to actually pay $$ to obtain those CS items), but those top 1-30 players do not define the game. a person must be really competitive if their reason for quitting was the inability to obtain and/or keep up with the top 1-30 rank (not that it's not okay to be competitive)

which brings me to the next point: you're just not admitting you compete the hell out of games so i don't know what to say to you about that. we've all seen how competitive you get, including the rage that follows. i don't think any of us are not at least a little competitive. if someone didn't want to compete then i don't know, play 1 player bejeweled or something. anyway, the first time you flamed me was because you flat out have a bad attitude and we've already talked about that those many months (or over a year?) ago

i'm very glad you erased your ign off your signature. at least now i have a little respect for your "lunia is dead" troll rant. when your ign and lvl/rbs or whatever was still there, i thought "ha! it's always hilarious to see someone bash something that they pridefully display in their signature." good to see you're slightly less of a blatant hypocrite. kudos

10-30-2011   #108 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Non-mod speak: IMO... most people will feel like they can't catch up mostly because of rebirths. People that just start off will see someone with 15 rebirths in a random square and go "omg i'll never get to that screw this i'm out".

There isn't much to do since AllM pretty much nuked Lunia's storyline and made it look like Eir died, Sieg cries then they go waltzing through wonderland hand in hand trying to recreate her soul to bring her back.

The storyline in the game used to be interesting but they trashed it with Myth, then they nuked the game over by adding rebirths every month.

Adding rebirths was what screwed them over the most. It pretty much lets a person max out every single skill in their skill tree and gives them god-tier hp/mp and stats.

A person with 0 rbs compared to a person with 15 rbs both at level 80 is down AT LEAST 1k stats in total. The fact that rebirths makes leveling so much easier makes new players discouraged since they go myth with a vet and that vet goes 70->85 in the time they go 70->71.
Actually, they did add in some items to making RBing at early levels easier, I believe. So in theory, the times it would take to catch up is less compared to a while back.

But then, they can't just make everything instantly accessible right of the bat for everyone. I mean, if some guy started today and could instantly catch up to someone who started years ago, then the older people would've basically wasted all their time. It's still a question about how much time (and money) you want to put in. Sure, you'll never catch up so long as the other person continues to play, but it's all simply relative to the amount of time put in. In that sense, the way they implemented it is fair.

Fair, but not wise.

10-30-2011   #109 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

This thread is like my morning book, the type of book you lay back and read while you sip coffee having the occasional laugh followed by a sharp glare when things get good.

/Laying back with coffee in hand

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

10-30-2011   #110 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Actually, they did add in some items to making RBing at early levels easier, I believe. So in theory, the times it would take to catch up is less compared to a while back.

But then, they can't just make everything instantly accessible right of the bat for everyone. I mean, if some guy started today and could instantly catch up to someone who started years ago, then the older people would've basically wasted all their time. It's still a question about how much time (and money) you want to put in. Sure, you'll never catch up so long as the other person continues to play, but it's all simply relative to the amount of time put in. In that sense, the way they implemented it is fair.

Fair, but not wise.
True. It kinda follows the life of a typical f2p MMO; it gets released, people get hyped, people play it, years pass, most pros quit, more time passes, people get discouraged because they can't catch up to the super uber pros, game dies off slowly.

From how I see it... the line between new players and old pros always gets screwed up with a multi-rebirth system.

If there was an end point to the game, then I think newer players would be more interested in playing... take Ragnarok Online for example.

To keep old players they would just need to raise the level cap every few patches or so rather than create an endless cycle of rebirths.

Last edited by Gladiat; 10-30-2011 at 02:20 PM.

10-30-2011   #111 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Bloodline ChampionsRumble FighterEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event Winner

silklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura about
Guild: Fusion

i thought i'd visit but i got ignored by 3 diff ppl SO i went n pvpd myst1q for like 5 games and uninstalled
^_^

10-30-2011   #112 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by silklash
i thought i'd visit but i got ignored by 3 diff ppl SO i went n pvpd myst1q for like 5 games and uninstalled
^_^
3 different people were afraid of your osu powers! D:

10-30-2011   #113 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Lunia/ALLM is like a bad ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. You can still remember the good times, but they're overshadowed by the bad times and the only way you can get over the trauma is by doing copious amounts of drugs.

10-30-2011   #114 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Adamant will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Adamant Send a message via MSN to Adamant
IGN: AdamantZ
Class: Knight
Level: 75
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
^_^
I saw your rank 40 on Babylon and didn't know if it was actually you or someone with the same name. Guess it was you.

Edit: Just rechecked and you full-combo'd it and you're rank 38. F u.

10-30-2011   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Elite will become famous soon enoughElite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
^_^
omg i might get 100 mbps internet after christmas!!!!!! 50 mbps isn't enough for me to laxly do a 360 windmill in a 1v1 pvp. hopefully a 100mbps internet if i ever get one will do.

if lunia really did get intense and competitive in pvp, i'd be fretting on how i lived in canada and not the US... i don't even know how i got so decent in pvp in the first place. maybe it's my beautiful brain that has been exposed to so many hours of practice field and pvp has processed and refined those unusable skills in a 1v1 city...... i restrictively got wrecked by OneSound in pvp.. it seemed more like a gentleman 1v1 rather than a guerrilla battle amongst us. GOD

and stop arguing, i can't stop jacking off to these arguments, it's starting to hurt

10-31-2011   #116 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

So I was like herping derping around the Lunia thread and saw this one. Ah.. The joy.

But no. As far for me. Lunia is dead. Why?

Coz none of my friends/guildmates plays Lunia anymore. One recently quit.
I feel sad.

11-01-2011   #117 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Zloty has a spectacular aura aboutZloty has a spectacular aura about
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: OurStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
So I was like herping derping around the Lunia thread and saw this one. Ah.. The joy.

But no. As far for me. Lunia is dead. Why?

Coz none of my friends/guildmates plays Lunia anymore. One recently quit.
I feel sad.
@iAgree

@Lunia is DEAD. there's no ppl worth pvping except eon and mystisuq. Besides Server placed in Korea makes game so laggy that people can not play (370 ping)

@New players dont stay for longer than a month since it ain't fun when game is about stats and u can not get decend equippment with 1 rb. It's not the lvl to give u access to new content it's your stats. U gotta waste at least 1 month playing trash stages to get an access to m5 or m6 equippment then to be "decend" u gotta buy g coins and upgrade your eq. It always ends with g-coins nowadays...

RIP Lunia

11-01-2011   #118 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough

You have kept repeating yourself for probably over a year Zloty and yet I still see you on NALunia and you even said things like "I will go to EuLunia".
If you are posting this, just because it's cool to say something, which the leets agree to, then you did a good job

No offense though, but you are the typical lazy bum, who still wants to be at the top. You wanted to join a ps for the sake of good old PvP, but all you did was asking me for help (8x exp, free cash shop, rebirth as many time as you want). I haven't seen you, after I said that I would help you the next day.
On NALunia I remember you asking ME for gold and cash items, after I logged back in after months!

My conclusion about certain outdated "veterans" now is that they are killing this game by causing confusion. New players will read what you keep spouting for months/years. It's not the gap between rebirths and stats, it's you who discourage new players to join.

The future of this game depends on new players joining, not on outdated players staying.

11-01-2011   #119 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Zloty has a spectacular aura aboutZloty has a spectacular aura about
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: OurStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiskyo
You have kept repeating yourself for probably over a year Zloty and yet I still see you on NALunia and you even said things like "I will go to EuLunia".
If you are posting this, just because it's cool to say something, which the leets agree to, then you did a good job

No offense though, but you are the typical lazy bum, who still wants to be at the top. You wanted to join a ps for the sake of good old PvP, but all you did was asking me for help (8x exp, free cash shop, rebirth as many time as you want). I haven't seen you, after I said that I would help you the next day.
On NALunia I remember you asking ME for gold and cash items, after I logged back in after months!

My conclusion about certain outdated "veterans" now is that they are killing this game by causing confusion. New players will read what you keep spouting for months/years. It's not the gap between rebirths and stats, it's you who discourage new players to join.

The future of this game depends on new players joining, not on outdated players staying.
I actually did start playing eulunia LOL. I'm not a lazybum the thing is a lot of things are boring just at all but necessary. Boring since while rb'ing I had to grind them all over again. History is not challenging. Imo the faster i finish H the faster i get to some stuff worth my time. Besides we do not discourage new players to join. The game does it.

RIP Lunia

11-01-2011   #120 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zloty
I actually did start playing eulunia LOL. I'm not a lazybum the thing is a lot of things are boring just at all but necessary. Boring since while rb'ing I had to grind them all over again. History is not challenging. Imo the faster i finish H the faster i get to some stuff worth my time. Besides we do not discourage new players to join. The game does it.
I'm talking about EuLunia after it got closed. If you forgot already:
/forum/lunia-announc...t-re-open.html

Ok, if you are not that lazy, then why do you beg me for cash items and gold? I'm PvPing 80% of the time I play Lunia.

Uh, duh Zloty? In every mmo you start out with lame equip and work your way up. One month? Have you tried Silkroad online? THAT is sick grinding.
You went trough the rebirth process over ten times to notice, that there is some kind of.. uh.. repetition? Think about it, you could have quit at your second or third rebirth.

I'm not claiming that Lunia is flawless. However, that's the way how all those mmo's run. As a newbie in a game you will find many players with shiny gear and high stats, which they EVENTUALLY have worked for. If everyone was discouraged by that, nobody would touch such games.
There are people, who regard it as a challenge or motivation to try it at least.
That's how I interprete the fact, that there are so many new players with high stats (rainbows pointed that out already, but maybe you will notice, after it has been repeated over ten times).

And then there are retired players on forums, who really discourage newbies.

Last edited by Seiskyo; 11-01-2011 at 02:58 PM.